Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) (40738 Views)

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by RepoMan007: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2022
Espelbengz:
It's not about APC government obidient! �Oranges has been very expensive in area they don't produce, that's why I don't buy since I been in Abuja, 3 big oranges and 4small ones na 100 Naira even here in Abuja! But in BENUE where I am from 100 Naira oranges fits into a trash can bucket ie like over 15 oranges, reason been that almost all families have orchards in village homes or a few trees even in the city homes..
These things are the handiwork of greedy middlemen.
Who will want to go to bush to buy fi e or ten oranges. The middlemen take advantage and inflate things beyond the actual inflated cost of production.

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Deblow: 9:43am On Oct 01, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
please where in Calabar did u buy this oranges?? Because I just bought mine. I bought 5 piece of oranges for 100 naira just this evening. So please stop spending fake news. Thanks
Calabar is a big city, if I'm not mistaken. An item can be sold at two different prices in two different parts of the city at the same time depending most especially on the proximity of an area to farmsteads and satellite villages. That u bought yours cheaper could not absolutely imply that he was spreading a fake news.

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by RepoMan007: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2022
ElSudani:

So, your leaders are responsible for not growing oranges even when the Almighty God has given you good climate and good soil?
Do you realize how much Brazil makes every year from exporting juice concentrate?
Only God can help Africans with this type of mentality.
Personally I won't apportion all blame to the leader but majority of the blame. They should the system favourable to producers by making ease of doing business better, chances of enjoying your little profit better(no rampant kidnapping and terrorism against farmers), and above all good amenities.

Government cannot do everything but doing few thing that affect all well can go a long way in aiding every other activities in the system..
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by grandstar(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2022
cocolacec:

30 for 400 naira in my area.

Where is that?
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by monerozi5590: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2022
omenka:
Oranges that are rotting away and wasting in Benue state. They literally beg you to have some for free when you show any interest in buying.

Smh.

Benue still remains the Food Basket of the Nation. It would hv been even better if only Armed Fulani Herdsmen will allow the Benue Farmers to farm in peace.

Benue has good and fertile land for almost all crops.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Ikennaford: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:
APC government has tumbled and somersaulted this country.

You mean I can't even afford oranges in my own country anymore?

5 oranges for N200 and 2 for N100?

What is this?

How many are in your area?

I won't tell you who to vote for but vote wisely!
That's $8 here in l.a still cheaper In Nigeria
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by robinsoncrosoe: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:

What is this?

How many are in your area?4 for 200 naira in my area too.. APC is a demonic party.

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2022
I bought it exactly like that in pH two days ago
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by mastermaestro(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
please where in Calabar did u buy this oranges?? Because I just bought mine. I bought 5 piece of oranges for 100 naira just this evening. So please stop spending fake news. Thanks

Five oranges for N100? You are obviously the liar here! angry

2 Likes

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Starz825(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2022
Uyi168:
Na by force to lick orange?

I really don't know how to express how funny this your statement is to me.... grin grin grin grin
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by viodemus: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2022
We don't have farmers again. No experts or even competents in Nigeria anymore.

We the people are 48% the problem in Nigeria, then elected leaders in various areas are 52% in my view.

No serious farms, no serious water program, no serious soil analysis experts. nothing nothing. Everybody wan build house here and there, but pay no yearly taxes.

Hunger go soon make stomach dey touch ribs or back.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by tolexy007(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2022
What do u expect, this is not Orange season now
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by writeprof(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I live in Calabar too... And I concur what the OP has said.
At Least oranges can still be seen for that amount...You can't even see N100 worth of bananas again in Calabar .

Shocked the day I asked for Banana ₦100 & the seller said nothing like that exists again. It's from ₦200.

Here we buy 4 oranges for ₦200

No more ₦50 carrot, water melon, pineapple etc.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by saintnegroid(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2022
OnceADay:

What is this?

How many are in your area?

how this one take concern voting? So if person go chop witch you go still tag am to bad government? There are certain things we need to do on our own in this country. Someone plugging orange in his backyard should not come and sell it anyhow he or she likes... And same thing goes to other people who are not importing what they plant
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by damilola4162(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2022
ElSudani:

So, your leaders are responsible for not growing oranges even when the Almighty God has given you good climate and good soil?
Do you realize how much Brazil makes every year from exporting juice concentrate?

May God bless your abundantly.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by bonnyhope: 10:14am On Oct 01, 2022
Vulcanheph:
At Least oranges can still be seen for that amount...You can't even see N100 worth of bananas again in Calabar .

Banana N100?

For where you want see am before
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by chiedozie198100: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2022
Why food stuff is expensive in Calabar is strange to me.
A state that produces virtually all major fruits n food stuff in large quantities?

2 Likes

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Edoziesmart(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2022
grandstar:

Where is that?
E no go pass Benue state.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by judedwriter(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2022
Chai....

I no fit even break fast with these oranges.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by pacespot(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2022
The people of South South and South East in this country too sabi money more than the business they are doing. The costs of living in these two regions are the highest in Nigeria except for Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by ComeToJesus: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2022
Tina00writer:
Chai angry
I bought 3 for two hundred. Honestly, APC and Bubu needs to chased with horsewhips out of the country. Irredeemably useless party and government
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Saladdin: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2022
Vulcanheph:

Same Cross River that should have been the home of Bananas in Nigeria. cry

Though it's a good opportunity for youths.
Dear Cross Riverians, stop running to Lagos for 25-40k househelp jobs. The lands are wasting away and very fertile for Banana and exotic fruits.

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by mowapa(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Most Orange trees in Nigeria are not commercially farmed like other nations, some of our trees are dying and not being replaced by new trees. I write with first hand knowledge of this. Every cash crop needs to be farmed in acreage to sustain the population
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Saladdin: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2022
ElSudani:

Apt!
Oranges waste away in Benue, but Nigerian still import Orange Concentrates worth Millions of USD.

2 Likes

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by gbengalite(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2022
1orange ��� for 1 hundred Naira in Ajah

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Tarya(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2022
A full bag of orange in my state(Benue) is N5000 only

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Mrpojj(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2022
cocolacec:

30 for 400 naira in my area.
Which area

1 Like

Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Mrpojj(m): 10:32am On Oct 01, 2022
omenka:
There's nowhere you could get 100 naira yam in Benue state anymore though, not even in Zaki Biam market. The least you can find is 250 naira.

Bought about 40 to be waybiled to PH today at 400 naira a tuber, but they were quite sizeable though. Maybe they could cost 600 or more down there.
400 for the yam, abi yam and way bill make s the 400?
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by harmargedon: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2022
Racoon:
Wanted to buy some on my way from work today @ Bode Thomas. It was 5 small piece of oranges for #400
It is so terrible.
you Sabi the area wella.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by DeOTR: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2022
ninoha:
We should be asking those who called themselves our Leaders
You'll get double of that for same price in Abuja.
I don't think this has anything to do with the government.
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2022
Do you guys understand what inflation is??
Re: The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) by saintkeppy(m): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2022
In Uyo, it's 2 #50naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Snake Is Here: Python Killed By Hunter, Sold / Check Out The Food I Just Prepared For The Week (A Nairaland Bachelor) / Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.