Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes (15620 Views)

Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola / Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijacutee(f): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2007
dimka:

you no well,igbo of course.lol. tongue

Am I missing something here? I'm igbo. . . What's wrong with us?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 12:37am On Aug 20, 2007
@dimka

Col. Bukar Saka Dimka or whatever devlish name you call yourself, anywhere there is a buyer there is always a seller.

Do you understand that?

Now, if there are 2,567 prostitutes in Lagos and you have intimate details in more than 700 of them, then you should be talking to the FBI, or SSS, because you are likely promoting, abetting, and spreading prostitution and all the diseases that come it.

This topic had nothing to do with Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv, Igala, Idoma, Ijaw, Edo, Fulani, Nupe, etc, or what ever tribe these prostitutes come from.

It has to do with a social dilenma that has existed since the dawn of time and in every tribe, ethnic group, culture, religion, and class the World over.

This is not an Igbo thing, Yoruba thing, an Hausa thing, or even a Nigerian thing.

It is prostitution, and has been documented everywhere in the World.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by lilvonz(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2007
naijaking1:

@dimka

Col. Bukar Saka Dimka or whatever devlish name you call yourself, anywhere there is a buyer there is always a seller.

Do you understand that?

why so hard on him naijaslave grin
he is saying his mind
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 1:27am On Aug 20, 2007
lilvonz:

why so hard on him naijaslave grin
he is saying his mind

What's ya point, dickhead?
Dimka, or any asshole should not be saying things he knows to be false and hurtful to millions of Nigerians.

If you stupidly support him, then you too are guilty of slander, hate, and mischief[quote][/quote]
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by sleektoe: 4:42am On Aug 20, 2007
@ dimka why cast him
does being an igbo man have any thing to do with d post.
really ur post are really good and educating.
would really love to see more of such
congratulations.
i see ur an educated gentleman but to bring up the issue of najiadummy being an igbo man as regards some of ur issues does not show maturity.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by acidrop(f): 5:21am On Aug 20, 2007
I HAVE A DREAM, THAT I WILL EMBEZZLE THE MONEY IN AUSTRALIA CARRY IT TO NIGERIA, AND MAKE SURE ALL THOSE PROSTITUTES HAVE A BETTER JOB. datz our hood meeeehhhhhnn
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by oluijaola(m): 6:30am On Aug 20, 2007
I am thinking of opening the first strip club in naija
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by nguage(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2007
I try to sound positive when I say ''Nigeria ain't that bad''. You and I know this sh*t is getting out of hand, some fools just blow trumpets ''I am richer than Oprah''. Hmmmm, e go better.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by scoopy(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2007
I NEED A WIFE

I'm a young man in my early thirties, in search of  a young responsible, courteous, God-fearing, educated and working class lady. I'm responsible, hardworking n AMBITIOUS guy.
Contact me on kunmy2000@yahoo.com
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by scoopy(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2007
I want a decent and loving lady as my partner
I desire alady about 5.6ft, responsible, loving, homely, working class and who is committed to  a long lasting relationship. She should be matured. I m responsible, God-fearing, harworking and fun to be with. I can be reached on 08023841912 or hydrotracers@yahoo.com ( John)
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by BABEELOVE(f): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2007
Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes
« #21 on: Yesterday at 08:54:08 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from Long One:

@ babeelove, hope i didnt touch a raw nerve, sure i can vouch for marriage but for relationships with sex, and prostitution, whats the difference. Prostituition is still a form of relationship, though a business one, because a prostitute can still turn u down.

@ Long One:

Not at all my dear.  Are you saying that besides marriage, people in "committed long term relationships" are in the business and the true patrons of this business are in some kind of relationship?  Even if the prostitutes "turn" their clients down how does it change the fact that they are still "businessmen and women"?

I think we are talking of those who do whatever for pleasure as opposed to the "business-minded" class of people.  In the final analysis--it is anyone's guess because I am sure there are no clear demarcations between those in the Faculty of Economics , Faculty of Religious Knowledge----(ndi ne mee B.K. or mebi  ike)

and those in Faculty of Sociology and Anthropology in the

University of Prostitution!
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijacutee(f): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2007
BABEELOVE:

(ndi ne mee B.K. or mebi ike)

OMG!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I love this girl!!!!
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by simplelady: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2007
I AGREE WITH You!!!
what is the total population of lagos?
please the rest of them should endeavour to register oh!!![/font]
[/color]

WHICH OF THE REST SHOULD TRY AND REGISTER.

YOU, HAVE YOU REGISTERED. IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE AT THE FORE FRONT OF PULLING WOMEN DOWN.
AM A WOMAN RIGHT CRUSADER/ACTIVISTS AND I PROMISE TO GIVE IT TO YOU GUYS WHEN YOU TALK WITHOUT GUVING WOMEN DUE RESPECT.
AFTERALL WITHOUT YOUR PARTRONISING CALL GIRLS, THEY WOULD HAVE SEIZED TO OPERATE
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by simplelady: 10:19am On Aug 20, 2007
can’t believe it. The moral of girls in this country is really low.

How can a single state have 2,567 Registered Prostitutes?

Registered prostitutes means there are still others who aren’t registered. Aren’t there better jobs, don’t they have families, don’t they have relatives. That’s awful. Shame on the female gender.

SHAME TO YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by IBDat(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2007
LMFAO - literally rolling on floor laughing my a** off!!! cheesy

But on a more serious note such a database can proof helpful in minimising STD transmisions and tracing infectees - If used properly and kept updated that is undecided
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by acidrop(f): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2007
sup ibdat, long tym, newaiz, wat is 9ja govt doing about this, datz if he himself never contact STD
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by locoman(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2007
HM, my people, lets leave this people so called prostitutes alone, they are the only industry or organization that does not involved itself in any crime against the state nor human being. They are not hurting anybody nor embezzling public funds, they are not murderers nor rubbers. There are many people involved in this same line of business but in another way namely,
1. Sugar daddy lovers
2. Any girl that has more than one boyfriend

They all falls in the prostitute category. So let the CP of Lagos state go to hell, can he swear to it that he has never dated another lady apart from his wife?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by BABEELOVE(f): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2007
Department of Sociology and Anthropology! wink

1. Sugar Daddies
2. Men who keep more than one girlfriend!

Please carry on! Just making some clarifications! tongue
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by fesse(f): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2007
@dimka, mentioning name in this type of thing is so annoying.

nigerian are the architecte of their own problem. How many of the developed country will come out publicly with this kind of thing. Imagine Lagos state govt.leaving what is entrusted in them to count prostitutes, inshort shame on the people carring out this kind of work.
Go to other countries even the near-by ones, they will not try to put in paper insteat look for a way to fight ie but Nigerian will put all negative part of the country in paper, bringing down the image of the country.

We are rated low in the world today is the course of Nigerians. I was so annoyed when i read this from sun news paper. There are many other things these people should used their time instead of this kind ugly things.

Lagos have started it inviting other states to follow suit. To me this is very bad to the image of this nation.

To the prostitutes, there are things you can use your prescious time to do than hawking yourself for cheap naira. Start where you stand. Selling your body to different men makes no sense. Whats the money for, to keep body and soul together but there are other things you can do to keep body and soul together, Again govt should creat job,some of these girls are lack of job and they need maintenance.

Instead of mentioning and calling tribes, lets join hands together to fight it rather than killing the image of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kulaShaker(f): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2007
they should leave the prozzies alone, they all trying to make a buck or two just like the rest of us. The joblessness of some Lagos state officials knows no bounds. The sheer hypocrisy too is nothing short of laughable. They got 2,000 odd names on some laughable register to serve what purpose? and i want to know who carried out the data collation(bloody perverts).

The govt would do a better job, seeing that condoms are provided to these dirty old dogs patronising these brothels and educationing the women on safety instead of criminalising and stigmatising them. They should leave them alone and concentrate on randy bastards who lure 14-17 yr olds with wealth to RAPE them. so much double standards and hypocrisy it stinks to high heavens!!. I also want to see them tackle underaged sex fiends , then maybe we will take them seriously. this is just so stupid
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Allta(m): 11:51am On Aug 20, 2007

AM A WOMAN RIGHT CRUSADER/ACTIVISTS AND I PROMISE TO GIVE IT TO YOU GUYS WHEN YOU TALK WITHOUT GUVING WOMEN DUE RESPECT.
AFTERALL WITHOUT YOUR PARTRONISING CALL GIRLS, THEY WOULD HAVE SEIZED TO OPERATE

A Prostitute is a "person" who engaegs in sexual acts for money. Not necessarily have to be a woman. Men too can be prostitutes.

I think in this modern age, you can not eradicate prostitution, as a woman right activist, you should know that controlling prostitution is the best option, most developed countries have adopted this methodology and it works for them. It wouldn't be such a bad idea if Nigeria controls it. Prostitution is illegal in most Developed countries, and should be the same in Nigeria in my own candid opinion, but it could be controlled just like other Countries by putting some sort of administration round it. For instance in the UK, it's illegal to pay money for sexual activities, but it seems to be legal to pay money for "companionships", and anything that happens during this period like they say, it's totally due to consent between adults involved.

Peace Out!
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by BABEELOVE(f): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
Department of Economics! grin

Can we have a rep speaker from the last of the departments please? 

Ndi B.K.---in the house we are waiting oh! cheesy
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by icezik1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2007
All na story!!!! If all y'all think we should eradicate prostitution then what are the women going to be doing? If there are enough good jobs then half of these women won't go into prostitution. Anyways, do you know prostitution is legal in Germany? To all the prostitutes, go to Germany for greener pastures!!! :d
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by papabaks(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2007
This NIJAH na wa o, things they happen under the blue sky o.

Papa.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by jinworm: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
lagos guys,there is a big challenge on u woo. wth this number of prostitudes growing in geometric progression.
very soon,they will start raping u guys wooo.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by fesse(f): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2007
@kulaShaker, my dear you a point there. Instead of fighting underage sex hawkers and doing what people expected them of, there are busy counting prostitutes.

I think this Lagos Govt.started in a very wrong side, hope they will not end up badly.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by beelyjay45(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2007
@TUNDEWOODS
A total number of 2,567 prostitutes is grossly in sufficient to meet the needs & demand of the total population of randy men in Lagos.

personally i am of the opinion that the figures is grossly under estimated after all how sure are the sources that released the total number of call girls as 2,567.

I would like to be part of the cencus exercise to acertain the true number of registered and infact certified prostitutes in Brothels across Lagos City.

I AGREE WITH You!!!
what is the total population of lagos?
please the rest of them should endeavour to register oh!!!

@blimbiss

the total figure published by the sun represents the registered ones, which doesn't add up to the total figure of prostitutes in Lagos
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by desgiezd(m): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2007
What do they get after registration? Certificate of Registration authorisng them to carry on with the job of prostitution? Na wah oooo
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by bimbliss(f): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ SIMLELADY
WHICH OF THE REST SHOULD TRY AND REGISTER.

YOU, HAVE YOU REGISTERED. IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE AT THE FORE FRONT OF PULLING WOMEN DOWN.

dont u think u want to carry the whole world on your head alone?
why others need to register is to help u the so called women activist who want to salvage the situation at least working with numbers will help u to plan or what do u think.
shame on you sha if u cant help reduce the no of prostitutes after all ur activists stunts.
love u plenty
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by bimbliss(f): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ beelyjay 45
what am saying is that going by the total population of lagos i think the figure that they came up with is under represented
dont u think that getting a true near figure can help plan for them if the govt is ready to salvage this epidemic ravaging the country although it happpens all over the world too.

and for those of u out there who think we shouldnt catch fun on this topic pls go and beg God for the spirit to be humorous.
no one in his right senses is happy and willing to have prostitutes around but that does not mean we should die on thier behalf sanitising the country of them thou if u want to u can go ahead and die that shows true love for ur prostitute brothers and sisters (una sabi una sef d victims)
ageg spare me oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin tongue
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by chatykrew(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2007
Welllll welll, all i an say is i find this thread interesting. and u know wat i would rada advice my brodas not to worry about even having a babe in tertiary but let his school be his wife, lover, commit to her, dedicate all his finance and time faithfully to her, and remember she is a jealous type. and wat will she give u --- after 2,3,4 yers a baby - CERTIFICATE! DATs wat i have deided b4 oming to school. becos at the end of the day, no matter the girl, u will have them in bounty so i urge guys to try and forget thinking of having galfriends but concentrate on u books or YOUR WIFE - UNIVERSITY, POLYTECHNIC ETC
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by redsun(m): 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2007
I hope the criteria for registration includes compulsory and regular H.I.V test.Prostitution is a part and parcel of life,but it got to be made safe to an extent.It is not just the woman in a brothel that is a prostitute but also the one that screws couple guys for instant gain.You know what i mean,all those sugar daddy bitches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Soldiers Mistake Electricity Workers For Boko Haram, Kill 1 / AirForce To Launch Aerial Operation In South-South – Air Chief / El-rufai Was Part Of Nigeria’s Problem – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.