Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes (15611 Views)

Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola / Welcome To The Real Lagos- Has BBC Seen This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by MP007(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2007
u are a fool with that pro and con, there is no pro in nasty shit u girl freak
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Echidime(m): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2007
Los Angeles in American has a total of 5 000.000 registered prostitutes,Paris france has 4.5 million,London is 3.6 million,Sweden is 4 million, so Lagos is still a God fearing state where girls still have morals.You guys should stop making noise here.

If there is no prostitutes there will be a very high rate of rapist in the world.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kulaShaker(f): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2007
mp007
must you insult people for voicing their own opinions?i.e RichyBlack. why so rude? this thread is not about you or for you so get that chip off your shoulder sharpish
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Frank007(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2007
Together we can join hands to change our world. Let us do the best we can and leave the can we cannot do. Prositution is a crime against self therefore we should treat it as a pleague. If we must senitise our Nation as youth we are.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Adaugo01(f): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2007
na waaah oh,
wel, for me if girls no dey niger  shocked lipsrsealed guys go hear weeeeeeeeee,
cos life go boreeeeeeeeeee grin cheesy wink

Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by redsun(m): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
MP007 talks like a man in a limbo sometimes or rather all the time,i wonder what he is seeing in america.Wake up and face the realities of life,hiding behind religious curtain will only drive you crazy in a dynamic world like this.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by redsun(m): 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2007
Who is that girl?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Bolarge(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
redsun:

Who is that girl?
I guess Adaugo01 undecided
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by Latoya(f): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
wats that picture for ?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by simplelady: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2007
All na story!!!! If all y'all think we should eradicate prostitution then what are the women going to be doing? If there are enough good jobs then half of these women won't go into prostitution. Anyways, do you know prostitution is legal in Germany? To all the prostitutes, go to Germany for greener pastures!!! :d

Ice zik

May God Almighty forgive your sins and make you appreciate women

let all the men in the house say no to visiting call girls and the profession will fade away.
is actually the male folks that should be persecuted for that flourishing bis
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by simplelady: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
who is this girl that posted her picture.

is she marketing herself or what. i cannot comprehend the purpose of that pix

nairalanders pls throw more light
on that pix
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by redsun(m): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
Part of the game,she is ok,she could make a good black model with a good promoter,you never know.Keep it up baby.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by londoner: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2007
Well at least they are registering. However, there are practices common in  Nigeria which amount to  prostitution by giving sex in exchange for money, material things or anything of value.

Go to any University campus, sleepig with the lecturer for grades is prostitution. Only difference is the location and the currency. How about girls in universities who sleep with so called "big men" in  exchange for being looked after and given the finer things in life, I'm not talking about relationships, but an understanding. How about the young men who have sugar mamas for the same purpose?

Is it all not a form of prostitution?

As far as the stats, we are assuming the people asked gave their true information, lol
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by presido1: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2007
For people that are saying prostition must exist because of lack of good jobs, please is prostitution the only alternative for unemployment? Well its an indidual thing but i pray my linage will not take that route.
As for the pix above, i think its in a wrong thread and who is the girl? is she one of them. Guys beware.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2007
Confession:Why I went into prostitution
By Albert Akpor
Tuesday, August 21, 2007

FOR Peace Samuel, a 20-year-old Plateau State born confessed commercial sex worker, taking to the trade was the last thing on her mind when growing up. She had planned to work and retire as a naval personnel but for the quota system and individual interest in the recruitment of ratings into the Nigerian Navy.

Twice, she had enrolled for the naval profession, twice she was rejected. No thanks to the sudden demise of an uncle, her only benefactor.

Apparently dejected and, of course, frustrated by destiny, she took to prostitution as an alternative means of eking out a living.

However, City scope investigation showed that unlike other ladies who simply go into the trade for their inordinate love for money and sometimes; for the fun of it; not minding the inherent danger, ‘Angel’ for that is her ‘business’ name, was not in anyway unmindful of this.

Instead, her traumatic experiences in life which ranges from, not even knowing her father from birth, losing her mother while still a teenager and the sudden death of her only benefactor, an uncle; lead her into the deadly profession.

So, her plans while taking a room in a hotel somewhere in Agege to commence ‘business’ before she was eventually arrested by the police, was to gather enough money, put in for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination, get admitted into any of the Nigerian universities, graduate as a medical doctor with good grades, get married to any God fearing man, raise up children and live a good live afterwards. But all these dreams seemed to have gone with the winds now except God intervenes. She is at present waiting to be charged alongside other 67 commercial sex workers. And only fate can absolve her.

Narrating to City scope how she found herself in the indecent ‘business’, the sober-looking Peace who speaks eloquent English language lamented, “ When I came to Lagos, I never thought I could find myself in this mess. Because I had enrolled for the Navy recruitment exercise twice and failed twice because I had nobody to help me, I decided to get computer education. As I was studying computer somewhere in Ikeja, my Uncle who incidentally was my only benefactor took ill and died days after.

I was confused and had nowhere to go. After the burial I came back to Lagos and put up in a friend's apartment at Agege. I did not know that she was into the ‘business’. So, one day she told me that ‘man must survive’ and that we should take our destinies in our hand. That was how we started hanging out at Allen Avenue, but because of constant police harassment we decided to get a room in the hotel where the police finally came and arrested us.”

While going into prostitution did she realize the inherent danger?, “Yes, I knew that prostitution is a dangerous way of making a living. But I had no alternative.

Like I told you, I have six credit passes at a sitting. I have never set my eyes on my father but I was told that he was a soldier and I only saw that in a photograph. He was among those who went on ECOMOG mission in Liberia but did not return. My mother died when I was in Junior Secondary School (JSS 2) and ever since, life has been hell for me. I have no brothers.

I have no sisters. Since my only benefactor died and there is no more help from any angle, I had to succumb to my friend’s advice. Prostitution is a bad thing. And that is why I always ensure that I protect myself. The men I sleep with must wear, at least, two condom, that way, I won’t have any body contact. And again I don’t sleep with more than three men a day; provided I get the N1,500.00 I am saving daily.

What was at the back of my mind while doing the ‘thing’ was to get enough money, sit for JAMB and get into one of the Universities. I planned to graduate as a medical doctor, get married to a God fearing person, raise children and live a good life.”

If Peace eventually realizes her seemingly tall dreams, will she ever have the spleen to tell her children her past, “yes of course. Firstly, I will tell my children that it was part of experience in life.

Secondly, I will advise them not to follow bad gang. I think I was a victim of circumstance. If my friend was a good person I would not have gone into prostitution. I will equally advise my fellow girls not to go into the business. They should try other credible thing. As for me, I tried but it didn’t work out well. If the police releases me fine, if they decide to send me to prison, it is also part of my fate in life. So, I leave everything to God, Almighty.”

Home | About Us | Advertising | Contact

Copyright 1998 - 2005 Vanguard Media Limited All rights reserved.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2007
THE igbo Women prostitutes in Abuja, PORT HARCOURT ,NORTHERN NIGERIA IS MORE THAN THIS.NO WONDER ONE HAUSA MAN ONCE COMPARE THEM AS HIS CHEAP CONCUBINE, ADD OTHER  PART OF NIGERIA TO THEIR MENU.REMEMBER WE HAVE IBO IN THE SOUTH SOUTH.AT LEAST WE  DON,T HAVE THE 419,DRUG DEALERS CANNIBAL OR BLOOD MONEY STEREOTYPE LIKE  THE SOUTH EAST PEOPLE DO.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2007
kelon:

THE igbo Women prostitutes in Abuja, PORT HARCOURT ,NORTHERN NIGERIA IS MORE THAN THIS.NO WONDER ONE HAUSA MAN ONCE COMPARE THEM AS HIS CHEAP CONCUBINE, ADD OTHER PART OF NIGERIA TO THEIR MENU.REMEMBER WE HAVE IBO IN THE SOUTH SOUTH.AT LEAST WE DON,T HAVE THE 419,DRUG DEALERS CANNIBAL OR BLOOD MONEY STEREOTYPE LIKE THE SOUTH EAST PEOPLE DO.

what's your point? Kelon or Dimka?

You have a small problem with punctuations, sentences/synthax, and structure. If you can't write, please stop giving people headache with this type of bad grammar. I used my last panadol two days ago.
Use broken English, many people go understand, you hear!

I see you have gone back to cut and paste, just like Dimka. You also have a problem comprehending what those articles are saying.

Do yourself a favor, write in vernacular, it's ok.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2007
kelon:

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

@Dimka/kelon

It's better when you use these short abreviations and emoticons, because you simply cannot write.

If you can't write one complete sentence of your own, what business do have trying to pretend that you're on this thread?

I'm sure you cannot read either.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2007
get a life,stop chashing me ,you this gay igbo man.you can,t stop me.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2007
I go die laughing oh.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2007
It's ok if you can't read and write, but don't try to confuse folks with your stupidly misinterpreted cut and pastes, nude pictures purpoted to be those of Igbo women, and any article that mentions an Igbo name.

You gotta be crazy, if you persist.

Since it's obvious you did not go to school, what business do you posting comments on a thread where educated people dey talk?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
Example, this thread is about prostitution, the nature, effects, alternatives, pro/cons, etc.

People are posting their views, and all you do is go get some more stupid cut/paste articles, and say things like, hmmmmmmm, lol, or ;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2007
@Kelon/Dimka

you must be retarded.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2007
All you know is ;d;d;d;dd;;d;d;d;d;, well my friend there is more in the World than you stupid and childish signs
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by kelon: 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
i could careless about your stupid opinion, i mention igbo so what.the igbos are hypocrisies.
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2007
Are still there, or are busy trying to register another login name?
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2007
kelon:

i could careless about your stupid opinion, i mention igbo so what.the igbos are hypocrisies.

See what I mean
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
You can even improve your education here too. Go look up the word-hypocrisies
Re: Lagos Has 2,567 Registered Prostitutes by naijaking1: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
I know that once you start trying to write real sentences, your dirty ass will show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders / Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock / Ondo Lawmaker, Nomiye, Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.