Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? (21336 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / My Wife Is Always Sad Whenever I Send Money To My Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2022
Ifakiland:

Such a father is mad....why will your kids be your retirement plan? Smh

Pls educate me, in a situation where your parents are trader people that sell those little things like tomatoes and peppers to train u, how do u want them to enjoying Thier old age?
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
They sent to me instead.

A good parent leaves inheritance for his children

Are u saying those that depend on thier kids, eaten the fruit of Thier labour are not good?
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by phemmyfour: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

Are u saying those that depend on thier kids, eaten the fruit of Thier labour are not good?
It's not the best. The "eating the fruit of their labour" is a wrong culture.

Your children are not your future investment, stop depending on them for survival.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by obembet(f): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's not the best. The "eating the fruit of their labour" is a wrong culture.

Your children are not your future investment, stop depending on them for survival.

U mean mama that are selling tomatoes and peppers should continue at age 70 while you are blessed enough to feed her?
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Ifakiland(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

I understand you but u owe them alot. Having them as ur parents is a privilege
I dont
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Ifakiland(m): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

Pls educate me, in a situation where your parents are traderor people that sell those little things to train u, how do u want them to enjoying Thier old age?
Training a kid is a responsibility they brought upon themselves for having sex....so who for takia of them if they were childless?
Parents should stop that nonsense of I trained my children so they must takia of me old age....let everybody work hard biko....when they were adults I'm sure things weren't this hard....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by phemmyfour: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

U mean mama that are selling tomatoes and peppers should continue at age 70 while you are blessed enough to feed her?
That's why we have to correct that mentality. It's unfortunate that she found herself in that condition but that culture shouldn't be encouraged
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by cayorday89(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2022
internationalman:
Pray make you get parents like Otedola and Dangote them, na them go still dey send you money even after you don marry.

While some parents keep taunting their children for being too old living and depending on them, others are are feeling too lonely and would even pay their children to park in with them.

To keep the world moving and economy going, certain things are unbalanced to maintain equilibrium.

Life nor go ever balance
Life nor go ever b
Since you so much believe in prayer, it is better you make that prayer for yourself because prayer is effective and with a good amount of work and if our parents are not close to the level of Otedola and the likes you mentioned, then they can't be rather we should channel the prayer to ourselves and do the work to be greater parents for our own children.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Aguilar(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2022
I'm my own man. I depend on no one. I send money to my parents every month. I can't remember the last time i asked money from them
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by missyojo(f): 10:21am On Sep 23, 2022
Sent to my Dad yesterday
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
For u to completely neglect the last sentence and focus totally on the first just confirms I was right about ur job. Good night babe smiley
You mean your mum's job?
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by dotunstitches(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2022
Yesterday
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by dododawa1: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Life no balance
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by dododawa1: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Everyone will carry his/ her AGBELEBU/ CROSS.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Spiritualizt: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
Last 2 weeks I normally send monthly if I received my paycheck things no clear dis period hyperinflation no let son of man see the money.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Tegabadguy(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:
I understand that most Nigerian are passing through alot currently because of situations of the nation. Some people are even find it so difficult to eat 3 times in a day which make them forget Thier dear parents.

Despite our challenges, we need to understand that we still have more strength to achieve so many things unlike our parents who only depends on us.

So let me put this to your my dear Nairalanders, when last did you send money to your dear parents?
WERE THE MONEY DEY embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Betgold84: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
Now now.
obembet:
I understand that most Nigerian are passing through alot currently because of situations of the nation. Some people are even find it so difficult to eat 3 times in a day which make them forget Thier dear parents.

Despite our challenges, we need to understand that we still have more strength to achieve so many things unlike our parents who only depends on us.

So let me put this to your my dear Nairalanders, when last did you send money to your dear parents?
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Smartor: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

last month end, and I do every month.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by cravingmind: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:

Very painful that I've got no parents to send money to...
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Freelancerx: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
Beginning of the month although I just ordered a powerbank for my folks after they complained about the inconsistent electricity.

I dey always try take care of them smiley

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by ajsans: 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
chinweubajude:
My bank app is automatically set to send money to my mum on weekly bases

How do you do this.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by NACE13: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
They don't need my money and I am not very buoyant to send them large cheques but I still try to recharge their phones or buy data once a while. I can't go overboard if I don't have it.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by Lamanii22(f): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
xynerise:
I buy foodstuff and beverages for them almost every weekend. Sub their Cable TV.
They are the sweetest people alive
really wish I can do this too
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by GRACEGLORY: 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Lamanii22:
really wish I can do this too

It’s not about the amount it’s about your heart. #100 recharge is part of it. Nothing is too small stop wishing start it.
Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by NeckingNgulping(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2022
obembet:

No no no Sweetheart, please change this mentality, no matter what our parents do for us, we still need to forgive them and move on. I don't need to preach to u cos I believe u are more intelligent and mature than me but pls.. remember that man cos u need his blessings even if you have everything.

You won't understand.. If i explain everything to you, you will know what I'm saying.. Thanks anyway..

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? by ThatsONYI: 9:08am On Sep 26, 2022
Oshokhai69:

So how old are you today? undecided

shocked

20 and counting..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? / How To Deal With A Workaholic Man / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.