Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina (66906 Views)

See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by pinkgoodies(m): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mom007:

My Dad has a fish farm in Lagos. My neighbors in Ogun are also fish farmers so I know a thing or two about it.. I know for a fact a kilo of fish is sold for over 2500now. This is over a kilo. You claim you bought it for 1k. You didnt say you got it from the owner in your initial post. Nor that the Owner is your guy or is doing giveaway. Anyways, enjoy your fish.

Location matters. That fish in Bayelsa and Akwaibom. U will get it for 1k, for dat size.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Evilblackman(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
imadiyi:

Which South?
Cross river precisely
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by mercysamuelson(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
Jonifi
tell yourself the truth. U didn't bought this for 1k

It's very possible to get that for even #800 in the North. Most northerners don't eat those things and they sell them at a cheaper rates. If you're lucky to meet some of their farmers coming from the farm carrying animals killed, you would be amazed as to the amount at which you'll buy such animals from them. They sells at a cheaper rate what they hardly consume.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by ufuosman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Cheap oh
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by BABANGBALI: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Things are very very expenses in Nigeria now
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Skyonebaba: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Who sold it to you ? I am shocked
I am also in katsina and I know that you didn't buy this at sauki fish
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Sleekfingers: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
RepoMan007:
Catfish will soon be cheaper than imported iced fish.

Lots of people don't eat catfish. Especially those religious people. Eg lack of scales, slimy nature.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Lugianostar(m): 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
Costly compared to good ones we have here in Calabar.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
pinkgoodies:

Location matters. That fish in Bayelsa and Akwaibom. U will get it for 1k, for dat size.
For bayelsa, I don't know, but for uyo, my guy, what do gain from lies?
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
Evilblackman:

Cross river precisely
where in cross river?
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by 9jii(m): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mom007:

My Dad has a fish farm in Lagos. My neighbors in Ogun are also fish farmers so I know a thing or two about it.. I know for a fact a kilo of fish is sold for over 2500now. This is over a kilo. You claim you bought it for 1k. You didnt say you got it from the owner in your initial post. Nor that the Owner is your guy or is doing giveaway. Anyways, enjoy your fish.
There are a lot of wicked sellers exporting buyers at any chance. May be Baba should consider lowering his price. Biko.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by mercysamuelson(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2022

We also have fish farm in Lagos too. A kilo goes for #2500 and more in Lagos but it's #1000 and less in some northern states. They hardly eat that there. Their hunters even sells any animal they killed from their hunting activities so very cheap compared to the prices they sells in south south and south west. I know a man who goes all his way to buy live catfishes in the North at lower price, then process everything over there, get them dried then transport down to Lagos to sell.

2 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Evilblackman:

Cross river precisely
Please, stop generalizing things of this kind. I very Calabar monthly. So, where in cross river?
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Mercury12(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
mariahAngel:
Wow! This is much for the price.

Although, I hardly like catfish.
They're the pigs of fish.
u don't like cat fish Ke? U dey miss o grin
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Evilblackman(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
imadiyi:

Please, stop generalizing things of this kind. I very Calabar monthly. So, where in cross river?
everywhere in cross river
You are calabar but not in other parts of cross river so whats the yarning about
Rest
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
gentlesinna:

So every cheap things now are stolen goods abi....madam,when it comes to price of things location matters alot.am sure u will be ashamed of urself when u realize that it was bought from the owner directly...ur likes are one of the problems we are having in this country.... imagine accusing innocent employees of theft sharp sharp...na waooo.
There is no giveaway in the current day Nigeria.Fish feed are very expensive.I rear poultry.Chicken precisely and their feeds price keeps rising everyday.As well as fish feeds.So the guy who quote you in disagreement with your price is right.It seems they eat more Nama in the north than fish.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Blaqputin(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Zee0007:
I will get two of these for 1k at Akwa Ibom. Qua ayaya! smiley
Wia ¿
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by hopexter(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mom007:
Probably they are workers stealing from their employers for them to sell such for 1k.
Mr, you just bought a stolen goods?

You can imagine 3 catfishes for 1k. If not stolen, Flood must have washed down from someone’s fish farm.

This kind cheap fish dey purge belle undecided
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
hopexter:

You can imagine 3 catfishes for 1k. If not stolen, Flood must have washed down from someone’s fish farm.

This kind cheap fish dey purge belle undecided
They eat more meat than fish.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by mabea: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mom007:

And you believe that every fish must come from a fish farm.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by masui(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Zee0007:
I will get two of these for 1k at Akwa Ibom. Qua ayaya! smiley

Repent.

Don't tow Lai Muhammed footsteps.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by SugarGirl44(f): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2022
Benevee:
So guys I bought these catfish today from a fish pond for just 1k here in katsina state.

They are 3 in number tho.
How Una see am
Can you get something like this in the south for 1k or less?

This is at least 4K in Lagos
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by hopexter(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2022
Revolution2022:
They eat more meat than fish.

If the fish is truly this cheap over there, I doubt if anyone would be eating meat.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by ajidikun: 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2022
ahnie:
I got mine 2 days ago for #2800
yours are more matured than the OP's,besides up north there are some people that don't eat over profits(kazamin riba) it is Haram to them.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Ujm1: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Really
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
mariahAngel:
Wow! This is much for the price.

Although, I hardly like catfish.
They're the pigs of fish.
Same. Too soft. I prefer crocker fish

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by faithfull18(f): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mrkumareze:
One of it is around 4,500 as barbecue here.
Exactly.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Ofemmanu1: 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
Benevee:

No ma'am, not true cos I bought it from the owner himself.

The owner is definitely interested in three things.

Your Breasts

Your Yansh

Or

Your Kpekus.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by mariahAngel(f): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mercury12:
u don't like cat fish Ke? U dey miss o grin

Eat on my behalf. cheesy
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by etrange: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

I once read that they can eat sh!t. lipsrsealed
I'm not sure how true that is.

Human poop? This is more about the environment than the fish itself. I mean, if you poop in the same water where you fish, wouldn't that affect all the fishes equally? At that point whether they eat it or not doesn't even matter because thier body would absorb the fecal matters. Any animal can be dirty depending on where and how they're raised.Most of the catfish people buy are raised in fish farms and I doubt farmers poop inside their fish ponds.

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by salam8528: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mom007:

She said location matters. We buy a Kilo for less than 2k here in Minna, Niger state.
Re: See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina by Tegabadguy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
Benevee:
So guys I bought these catfish today from a fish pond for just 1k here in katsina state.

They are 3 in number tho.

How Una see am

Can you get something like this in the south for 1k or less?
he cheap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Snake Fell From My Roof / See The Bush Cat My Father Caught At The Farm (Pictures) / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.