Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,543 members, 7,958,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (64640 Views)

Ben Hundeyin Justifies Firing Of Teargas At EndSARS Memorial 2 At The Lekki Toll / Rally Will Not Be Allowed At Lekki Toll Gate Tomorrow - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / No Part Of Lagos Is On Partial Or Total Lockdown - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by cybriz82(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2022
U lied Mr ppro
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by braine(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:
How can SP Benjamin Hundeyin pass through only TWO police checkpoints and tag his brief experience a social experiment with a conclusion drawn? That's a bit poor from a police officer with masters degree in Legal Criminology and Security Psychology. I mean two police checkpoints can never constitute a sample size in any credible social experiment more so in a state as Lagos. Any conclusions drawn from two checkpoints out of hundred of checkpoints in Lagos State is rather scandalous.

For this experiment to be credible, the following have to incorporated:
- It has to be in at least 50% of the local government areas in the state.
- It has to cover particularly the notorious police extortion areas of the state. And if he wants to know these areas, he should request for suggestions.
- It should be done during the day and in the night.

Excuse me SP Hundeyin, it is important that Nigeria Police should incorporate undercover operation in its quest to sanitize the police. These undercover officers should go around to police stations ( notorious ones as Igando station) as complainants and suspects, vehicle passengers, carry lap to while on jeans, transport home appliances duly receipted, etc.

What he just mentioned happened to me last night! And I got the same result.

I wound down, put on my inner lights and smiled. They gave me their handshake (it seems to be a thing for them now) asked for something and I politely refused. They let me go.

This is always my case when stopped like that. So, he is quite correct.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
Fortunately for me, police officers respect me a lot when they see me on the road. Friends initially said it was because I wasn’t using a big car, but even now that I’m using a big car they still respect me and let me go without demanding for papers
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Llight101(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=jojothaiv post=116933120][/quote]
There is no justification for crime Though you have points.
I've worked in places where I had access to unimaginable and Unaccounted Cash. Trust God completely, Work hard and smart then you'll smile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
braine:

What he just mentioned happened to me last night! And I got the same result.

I wound down, put on my inner lights and smiled. They gave me their handshake (it seems to be a thing for them now) asked for something and I politely refused. They let me go.

This is always my case when stopped like that. So, he is quite correct.
Same with me. I’ve never ever had trouble with a police officer in my life. And I’ve been driving for more than 12yrs now

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ardave2k13: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:
Nigeria is a tough country to survive with a minimum wage of 30,000 naira (less than $ 100 USD per month).

To cater for one's family in Nigeria as a civil servant, one has to increase their income through begging or sharp practices while engaged in the civil service.

Go to Universities and Polytechnics, lecturers are selling handbooks to students. Some of these lecturers will teach you well and mark your papers well whether you buy their handbooks or not. Other lecturers will not teach well and score you low if you do not buy their handbooks. We don't spit on the lecturers because education is important.

Go to Immigration offices across the country. Staff are collecting huge sums to process passports. People even beg them to collect bigger amounts to process their passports faster. We don't spit on the staff because traveling is important.

Go to file court processes even in the court registry, you have to pay the staff extra money so that they can handle your files happily. We don't spit on the registrar because getting justice is important.

Try to book an appointment with a prominent person who has a busy schedule. You have to appreciate his P.A or secretary with money and airtime. We don't spit on the them because seeing the big man is important.

It is same at every government department in this country.

When the student returns from school and the lady leaves the immigration office to encounter a police officer at a checkpoint, he/she spits on the police officer because security is not important and the police was standing under the rain sun unlike the others. grin

Just like almost every lecturer sells handouts, most police men just beg for 100 naira or 200 Naira to complement their 45,000 naira a month without seeing their families. cry Not all of them are like the lecturers who victimize students who don't buy the handbooks.

Ask the drivers whose cars were auctioned in Lagos Last week, they'd be praying a police officer had asked them for 5000 naira or 10,000 naira at the spot instead. Ask G-boys wey dey EFCC custody, they will tell you they wished a police officer asked them for little at a checkpoint instead.

When e reach police officers we dey form sane clime. If police dem follow form sane clime tow people car wey default go station, car for finish for Naija. Though there are bad officers, let's appreciate the good ones please.

Double standards everywhere.

When a system is antithetical to good standard of living, people will naturally resort to cutting corners to live their dream life.

When a system put in place a banking system that guarantees credit facilities to her citizenry and create enabling environment that supports production and also entrench rule of law, our society and our experiences will be better.

This is why, I am rooting for this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEg2HIsj-aQ
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by drololaaof: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1573058149657071621?s=19
You are right sir but not all officer on the road behave like that or compliments your polite greetings, the worst officers are those on Sagamu- Ijebu Ode -Ore- Benin - Sapele- Warrri,Benin- Onitsha to Eastern hinterland. Any how they will stop you and order you to park, the next thing where are your particulars or some simply wetin you bring for us ,some are polite however.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Boyooosa(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
Kudos good cop

Just make use the best out of your trip last night, I know you would have discovered a lot of lapses you don't want to share here

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Llight101(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
He's made a point. But it's different with Commercial drivers and when you're carrying load.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Moh247: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2022
I always intentionally give police some change.. the day you will need them is coming
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by tishbite42: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Period007:
With just 2 sample sizes you have already drawn conclusions and published your work?
Your degrees should be questioned if this is how you carried out your project/thesis
You just wound me with laugh
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by braine(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Same with me. I’ve never ever had trouble with a police officer in my life. And I’ve been driving for more than 12yrs now

The problem is, everyone sees the police as the enemy (they are actually) and use that to react instantly whenever there's an encounter.

The police are first human beings, before they're police.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by SouthSouth1914: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Experiment carried on your head! Go to all the flashpoints of police brutality and extra judicial killings and come back to tell the tale!

Policing in Nigeria is now rocket science, you guys shouldn’t worry, the next mother protest is loading. You guys just hang on tight
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by edungene7: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Oga find me something nah lolz every police has this in dia bag Mr. man u meet them the day their pockets wia filled try d areas that r not busy with enough motorist yr story will never remain the same
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by poiZon: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:
Nigeria is a tough country to survive with a minimum wage of 30,000 naira (less than $ 100 USD per month).

To cater for one's family in Nigeria as a civil servant, one has to increase their income through begging or sharp practices while engaged in the civil service.

Go to Universities and Polytechnics, lecturers are selling handbooks to students. Some of these lecturers will teach you well and mark your papers well whether you buy their handbooks or not. Other lecturers will not teach well and score you low if you do not buy their handbooks. We don't spit on the lecturers because education is important.

Go to Immigration offices across the country. Staff are collecting huge sums to process passports. People even beg them to collect bigger amounts to process their passports faster. We don't spit on the staff because traveling is important.

Go to file court processes even in the court registry, you have to pay the staff extra money so that they can handle your files happily. We don't spit on the registrar because getting justice is important.

Try to book an appointment with a prominent person who has a busy schedule. You have to appreciate his P.A or secretary with money and airtime. We don't spit on the them because seeing the big man is important.

When the student returns from school and the lady leaves the immigration office to encounter a police officer at a checkpoint, he/she spits on the police officer because security is not important and the police was standing under the rain sun unlike the others. grin

Just like almost every lecturer sells handouts, most police men just beg for 100 naira or 200 Naira to complement their 45,000 naira a month without seeing their families. cry Not all of them are like the lecturers who victimize students who don't buy the handbooks.

Ask the drivers whose cars were auctioned in Lagos Last week, they'd be praying a police officer had asked them for 5000 naira or 10,000 naira at the spot instead. Ask G-boys wey dey EFCC custody, they will tell you they wished a police officer asked them for little at a checkpoint instead.

When e reach police officers we dey form sane clime. If police dem follow form sane clime tow people car wey default go station, car for finish for Naija. Though there are bad officers, let's appreciate the good ones please.

100percent spot on...
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by rickleye: 9:33am On Sep 23, 2022
Which kain sample size is that ? And whoever interviewed you never brought this up before going to press ?
Return your degree to your university Sir!
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Obainomilano: 9:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Even a dummy police officer knows that Ikeja a capital of the state is no place to be stupid because you never know who is who but I will like hindeyin ..to try ajegunle,iyana ipaja,oshodi,mushin... dress flash with some nicer cars and a good perfume...make we check something
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by nedekid: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:
How can SP Benjamin Hundeyin pass through only TWO police checkpoints and tag his brief experience a social experiment with a conclusion drawn? That's a bit poor from a police officer with masters degree in Legal Criminology and Security Psychology. I mean two police checkpoints can never constitute a sample size in any credible social experiment more so in a state as Lagos. Any conclusions drawn from two checkpoints out of hundred of checkpoints in Lagos State is rather scandalous.

For this experiment to be credible, the following have to incorporated:
- It has to be in at least 50% of the local government areas in the state.
- It has to cover particularly the notorious police extortion areas of the state. And if he wants to know these areas, he should request for suggestions.
- It should be done during the day and in the night.

Excuse me SP Hundeyin, it is important that Nigeria Police should incorporate undercover operation in its quest to sanitize the police. These undercover officers should go around to police stations ( notorious ones as Igando station) as complainants and suspects, vehicle passengers, carry lap to while on jeans, transport home appliances duly receipted, etc.
Are you minding him? Obviously an olodo. undecided
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Cool
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by drlateef: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Are those officers doing a legal check? He has not asked himself that question.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by afadi2410: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2022
In the US, many have died while being condescending to police officers.Police officers are humans and not robot's
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by favour32(m): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2022
That two check points too small.
Average of ten go do.
Start from 10 pm.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by emmabest2000(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

Olokpa kid spotted cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by olab059(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

DEEP!
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by 184ejikeme: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2022
Good...Hundeyin for President! Good...Hundeyin for President! ...
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Kylce042(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Banjotobisamson: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2022
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1573058149657071621?s=19
go to apple junction amuwo odofin and experiment
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by mastermaestro(m): 9:55am On Sep 23, 2022
Police may be largely uncouth, but majority of road users cannot be excused of needless aggression and hostility. Many drivers approach checkpoints and suddenly become belligerent when the officers haven't even begun questioning. It's irritating.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by bitbillionaire: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
alizma:
My Boss, Arthur U. At Umuahia, thought me that process long time ago. I discovered he always had his way even when the uniform men seems rigid on other drivers. one day I just ask him, oga how you dey take know all these people na and he said I no know any of them o, ah how come dey just dey allow you pass anywhere we reach? And he said, if you are playing music, as you approach them, turn it down, on your inner light, great them with respect just like you great other people you respect, if possible ask them how is the work and family, then smile. If they no get any tangible reason to suspect or search your vehicle, you don get pass mark be that. Believe me this has been working for me too.
Note, I no carry dada hair and I no dey sag trousers so your own case fit dey different even after you apply those measures.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Dmacqh(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Good one my officer. In the next variables, wear pseudo dreadlocks,tattoos,beards,torn jeans. Put on Apple Watch, earrings & necklace. Drive on Benz or Lexus. Using 2 checkpoints as sample is poor. Try close to border checkpoints or checkpoints on lonely roads or highways.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Mtcheew, rubbish!

Tho they have good officers, but the bad ones are majority there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fight Among Themselves In Madagali,30 Killed- V O A / Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him / ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.