Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (64324 Views)

Ben Hundeyin Justifies Firing Of Teargas At EndSARS Memorial 2 At The Lekki Toll / Rally Will Not Be Allowed At Lekki Toll Gate Tomorrow - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / No Part Of Lagos Is On Partial Or Total Lockdown - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by sustyFC: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2022
I am glad this one seems to at least be showing empathy for what people go through, being transparent and acknowledging the corruption. This is a step in the right direction!
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by detectivejones: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2022
We dont even expect you to share the real gist with us, so keep up with the lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ibechris(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Police officer validating bribery.

For an officer in Uniform to open his mouth to ask for something means all of u are birds of the same feather.

Yeye people every where.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by phransix2: 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Dog no dey chop Dog... No matter how you spice am reach...
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Indispensable85(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2022
We have some very good police officers. I've met many of them. Some Nigerians are just unnecessarily aggressive.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Gofwane(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Good...Hundeyin for President!

cheesy
grin

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2022
Mr. PRO them say make you try again with dread and thorn jeans, then let's see if you would get same result

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by casppyjay: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:
How can SP Benjamin Hundeyin pass through only TWO police checkpoints and tag his brief experience a social experiment with a conclusion drawn? That's a bit poor from a police officer with masters degree in Legal Criminology and Security Psychology. I mean two police checkpoints can never constitute a sample size in any credible social experiment more so in a state as Lagos. Any conclusions drawn from two checkpoints out of hundred of checkpoints in Lagos State is rather scandalous.

For this experiment to be credible, the following have to incorporated:
- It has to be in at least 50% of the local government areas in the state.
- It has to cover particularly the notorious police extortion areas of the state. And if he wants to know these areas, he should request for suggestions.
- It should be done during the day and in the night.

Excuse me SP Hundeyin, it is important that Nigeria Police should incorporate undercover operation in its quest to sanitize the police. These undercover officers should go around to police stations ( notorious ones as Igando station) as complainants and suspects, vehicle passengers, carry lap to while on jeans, transport home appliances duly receipted, etc.
its simply because he has selective amnesia, with the single objective of circumventing the public obvious opinions about the decay in the Nigerian police architecture in all ramifications… this nonsense the oxymoron placed on his timeline it’s like asking even adeboye today if he will like to die and meet the Jesus he has been asking people to prepare for he will find excuses as to avoid such reunion with his own maker.. like diz oxymoron if I ask him to swear by potent violent merciless and uncompromising ayelala or sango he will invoke laws and stupid religious beliefs just to prove to me that the very police force he’s trying to defend from the periphery it’s rotten from inside and needs to be purged..
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ejimatic: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1573058149657071621?s=19
. You are all corrupt..What you saw is a justification of what obtains in the Nigerian police force.Those you see on the road will give returns to senior bosses in the station. DPO will give returns to Area Commander . Returns from Area Commander will reach CP .All CPs will give returns to AIGs .All AIGs will give returns to IG. Thank you Mr PRO for sharing your personal experience with us. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by hisexcellency34: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Social media policeman. Hope they won't sack u soon
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Bencolink: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Come carry out your experiments over here in the Eastern Central.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by TBIZZY(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Even if he was harassed did you think he would come online and discredit them or what?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Ifakiland(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Him papa, na every time person go dey friendly mood?? Make I dey smile to police Na him dey feed me abi him qan gimme money Smh

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2022
LegalWolf:

You have a problem. You really really have a problem. Did Ben say the NPF is a perfect organization. He acknowledged that there are bad eggs amongst them and the hierarchy is trying to weed them out. Yet, you’re still complaining.

Do you think any police force of ANY multicultural country is perfect? Cut these guys some slack !

Na u wey even get time to reply na. Most of them bleating here are corrupt in one way or the other more than even some police men sef. But any time issue of corruption and bribery come up, na police and politicians everybody dey see.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by SaLongs1(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2022
This is a lazy conclusion to this expirement, he should be doing more checkpoints than two
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
alizma:
My Boss, Arthur U. At Umuahia, thought me that process long time ago. I discovered he always had his way even when the uniform men seems rigid on other drivers. one day I just ask him, oga how you dey take know all these people na and he said I no know any of them o, ah how come dey just dey allow you pass anywhere we reach? And he said, if you are playing music, as you approach them, turn it down, on your inner light, great them with respect just like you great other people you respect, if possible ask them how is the work and family, then smile. If they no get any tangible reason to suspect or search your vehicle, you don get pass mark be that. Believe me this has been working for me too.
Note, I no carry dada hair and I no dey sag trousers so your own case fit dey different even after you apply those measures.

Your Boss is a wise man..

That is my method too.

While it does not guarantee anything, it saves me 99% of stress on the road.

Wind down, switch off AC, turn off ur radio. Greet and av a conversation. Even when I ask , I tell them nothing here Boss, may be later if we see again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Hanndye: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:

Just like almost every lecturer sells handouts, most police men just beg for 100 naira or 200 Naira to complement their 45,000 naira a month without seeing their families. cry Not all of them are like the lecturers who victimize students who don't buy the handbooks.

Ask the drivers whose cars were auctioned in Lagos Last week, they'd be praying a police officer had asked them for 5000 naira or 10,000 naira at the spot instead. Ask G-boys wey dey EFCC custody, they will tell you they wished a police officer asked them for little at a checkpoint instead.

When e reach police officers we dey form sane clime. If police dem follow form sane clime tow people car wey default go station, car for finish for Naija. Though there are bad officers, let's appreciate the good ones please.

Double standards everywhere.

Are you saying the Laws and situations are the problem then and the policemen who ask for bribes are doing us favours. Should that be the case, I think I agree with you.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by lagosrd: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
Oga your experiment remain one. Take a Lexus jeep and love-vendor it to your taste and do the same thing you did in the night. You go hear whem....
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Perfecttouchade: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2022
grin grin you don talk the real fact grin grin
Osobi32:
Oh really! You for try do dread lock and put on some nice gold chains while u drive a Mercedes Benz c300 and then see how they will rush u like lions. Nonsense experiment!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Olayetan(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2022
Not to support police deeds or ways in any form but this has always been my experience with the police at night and late night, once I'm approaching their checkpoint, I just put on my inner lights and wind down the driver side window and if I was with someone, I wind down the window where the person sat and I've never been harassed or asked for my car documents...
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by GloriousGbola: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2022
what nonsense

send out your cousin age 17 to 28 in a toyota corrola and lets see what happens.
one with dreads or dyed hair

the older you are, the more careful police are around you. Police in lagos tend to leave cars with families alone. police also profile cars

i was in an uber a month or so ago. toyota camry. they stopped us multiple times. even demanded to see my ID.

and officer hundeyin has one thing wrong - 90% of the times police stop you, they always have strong face, in an attempt to intimidate.

your reaction to this depends on what you have backing you.

i am sure people have told him as such.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by everythinggirly(f): 9:17am On Sep 23, 2022
All these olokpa them sef.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by SaLongs1(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
phransix2:
Dog no dey chop Dog... No matter how you spice am reach...
Na big lie you lie so
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by farouk2much(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2022
It's important to read your post at the comment section
N3TRAL:
Nigeria is a tough country to survive with a minimum wage of 30,000 naira (less than $ 100 USD per month).

To cater for one's family in Nigeria as a civil servant, one has to increase their income through begging or sharp practices while engaged in the civil service.

Go to Universities and Polytechnics, lecturers are selling handbooks to students. Some of these lecturers will teach you well and mark your papers well whether you buy their handbooks or not. Other lecturers will not teach well and score you low if you do not buy their handbooks. We don't spit on the lecturers because education is important.

Go to Immigration offices across the country. Staff are collecting huge sums to process passports. People even beg them to collect bigger amounts to process their passports faster. We don't spit on the staff because traveling is important.

Go to file court processes even in the court registry, you have to pay the staff extra money so that they can handle your files happily. We don't spit on the registrar because getting justice is important.

Try to book an appointment with a prominent person who has a busy schedule. You have to appreciate his P.A or secretary with money and airtime. We don't spit on the them because seeing the big man is important.

It is same at every government department in this country.

When the student returns from school and the lady leaves the immigration office to encounter a police officer at a checkpoint, he/she spits on the police officer because security is not important and the police was standing under the rain sun unlike the others. grin

Just like almost every lecturer sells handouts, most police men just beg for 100 naira or 200 Naira to complement their 45,000 naira a month without seeing their families. cry Not all of them are like the lecturers who victimize students who don't buy the handbooks.

Ask the drivers whose cars were auctioned in Lagos Last week, they'd be praying a police officer had asked them for 5000 naira or 10,000 naira at the spot instead. Ask G-boys wey dey EFCC custody, they will tell you they wished a police officer asked them for little at a checkpoint instead.

When e reach police officers we dey form sane clime. If police dem follow form sane clime tow people car wey default go station, car for finish for Naija. Though there are bad officers, let's appreciate the good ones please.

Double standards everywhere.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2022
ejieddy:
This has always been my experience. I get to a checkpoint, wind down and greet with a smile. If I am asked to see my booth, I oblige without a fuss. If I am asked to park, I do that without complain, even asking "Sir, can I park in front there?" I am always respectful because I know it isn't easy. I have never been harassed and have always been respected by the police. Sometimes I give if I am asked and other times, I genuinely don't have to give and I am not harassed. Only once have I been asked for my papers and I gave them, it was checked and I was ked to go.

Truly, respect is reciprocal.

You dey mind those with questionable characters grunting?

I don't see any big deal if a police ask you to park. If one doesn't have anything shady to hide, why getting furious just coz police asks you to park? What are you running from? Are you a bad person?

I have never been harassed. I smile, I compliment them for doing their job and make sure I have everything intact.

What you give is what you get back..

You can't get to a checkpoint and frown your face and expect them to fear you or laugh with u

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Onyi22(f): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2022
Mumu op grin cheesy grin
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ebenhealth(m): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2022
LegalWolf:

You have a problem. You really really have a problem. Did Ben say the NPF is a perfect organization. He acknowledged that there are bad eggs amongst them and the hierarchy is trying to weed them out. Yet, you’re still complaining.

Do you think any police force of ANY multicultural country is perfect? Cut these guys some slack !
You just gave attention to a comment you should just ignore. Comprehension of the post is far from some people.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Olayetan(m): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2022
olaric:
Is he justifying taking a bribe? Because that's the only interpretation I can give to the thrash he wrote up there.

The fact that he started by saying we earn little amount of money as minimum wage is true, but trying to justify police extortion is laughable.

Good policemen are extremely rare; one may not find one in a thousand.

That's not bribe, they are just begging as normal people would, bribe is when you're caught with either illegal stuff or incomplete documents and you were asked to pay certain amount before they let you go..

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by neonly: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2022
Ikoyi and ikeja police dey behave nice
Go to Oshodi
Lawanson
Bariga
Idi roko
Alapere
Ketu
And do d socail expirence
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by lagosrd: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2022
Let me teach you one trick..... Don't tell anyone.

As you're approaching the checkpoint be very smart and just grab one of the names in their shirt just call it , no look face oo (but the day you will go and call one wey be oga for office on special duties eeenh , you don buy job be that ooo)

Call his name and say:
Johnson how are you, he will first dey surprise but no look the shirt again ooo, before he replies ask him again how is the family, all you will hear is oga we are fine sir. ... And he will just pass you.. (it's not for timid mind ooo)

If you grab it click "like" if you need one more press share.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku/PDP Branded Campaign Vehicles For 2019 Presidential Election Flood Nigeria / Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right / Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.