Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,033 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (64631 Views)

Ben Hundeyin Justifies Firing Of Teargas At EndSARS Memorial 2 At The Lekki Toll / Rally Will Not Be Allowed At Lekki Toll Gate Tomorrow - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / No Part Of Lagos Is On Partial Or Total Lockdown - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by sofiscatedmoron: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2022
Osobi32:
Oh really! You for try do dread lock and put on some nice gold chains while u drive a Mercedes Benz c300 and then see how they will rush u like lions. Nonsense experiment!
Y won't they rush u if u dress like a criminal,
They chase criminals
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ProGSM(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2022
This guy is not very serious. Go to some places. They will park you for 2hrs with your original papers.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ruggedtimi(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Him for dress as yahoo boy first
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2022
JASONjnr:
Which kind useless social experiment is this?

The police extortion have been existing ever since the police force was handed to the Nigerian by the British colonial government and Ben will not tell me that he's never been aware of it until he carried this stupid social experiment to come to this lame conclusion.

The guy is stupid.

He's driving a fine car, looking like someone with money.

No cop will try shit when they know it may blow up in their face.

He should enter a danfo and see the real faces of his coppers.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by hollywater: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2022
Why u no carry ur experiment enter ore to Benin road?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by maxzzo1(m): 11:47am On Sep 23, 2022
na Ikeja u drive thru go to other places na
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by magzey: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2022
It well Officer , u feel your pain

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Osobi32(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Y won't they rush u if u dress like a criminal,
They chase criminals
the earlier u understand that the real criminals are dressed in cooperate attire and they look very responsible, they walk pass u every single day and u have them as good neighbors..... Having a dread lock and dressing cool does not mean that one is a criminal. They are young men who do legit businesses and just enjoying living a young man's lifestyle, that doesn't make them criminals.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by GardenOfGod(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:
How can SP Benjamin Hundeyin pass through only TWO police checkpoints and tag his brief experience a social experiment with a conclusion drawn? That's a bit poor from a police officer with masters degree in Legal Criminology and Security Psychology. I mean two police checkpoints can never constitute a sample size in any credible social experiment more so in a state as Lagos. Any conclusions drawn from two checkpoints out of hundred of checkpoints in Lagos State is rather scandalous.

For this experiment to be credible, the following have to incorporated:
- It has to be in at least 50% of the local government areas in the state.
- It has to cover particularly the notorious police extortion areas of the state. And if he wants to know these areas, he should request for suggestions.
- It should be done during the day and in the night.

Excuse me SP Hundeyin, it is important that Nigeria Police should incorporate undercover operation in its quest to sanitize the police. These undercover officers should go around to police stations ( notorious ones as Igando station) as complainants and suspects, vehicle passengers, carry lap while on jeans, transport home appliances duly receipted, etc.
Nigerians shaa... Abi na thesis him wan write with that kind of experiment grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by akajos4real: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2022
I totally agree with the Force PRO on this.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by olancho: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Try and go to Ipaja and see how friendly those ones are with your complete papers. Vampires.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ajailer(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2022
Mr Hundeyin is totally right on this one. Respect is reciprocal, when you are stopped on the road, don't follow them to prove your right, just park for them to check you and your car. Be friendly with them and you will be surprised that they are even willing to forgive you of minor offence without collecting a dime from you. Above all sha, make sure that all your docs are intact and you no go get wahala for road.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by silibaba: 11:59am On Sep 23, 2022
DonBenny77:
Go and sleep jor
or less than $50?
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by cyprex: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
You are one of them
You are paid to launder their image as the chief image maker for Lagos State

Even if you relayed your experience exactly as it happened, I wonder how you expect anyone to believe you especially as we all have different experiences with your men in black

ADVICE
When next you deem it fit to embark on your social experiment, do yourself a favour by going along with these:
1. a journalist
2. an independent civil right activists

Independent accounts of these two will be more believable to the public than that of a Nigerian cop.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by coolh3ad(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
alizma:
My Boss, Arthur U. At Umuahia, thought me that process long time ago. I discovered he always had his way even when the uniform men seems rigid on other drivers. one day I just ask him, oga how you dey take know all these people na and he said I no know any of them o, ah how come dey just dey allow you pass anywhere we reach? And he said, if you are playing music, as you approach them, turn it down, on your inner light, great them with respect just like you great other people you respect, if possible ask them how is the work and family, then smile. If they no get any tangible reason to suspect or search your vehicle, you don get pass mark be that. Believe me this has been working for me too.
Note, I no carry dada hair and I no dey sag trousers so your own case fit dey different even after you apply those measures.

Very true!

1 Like

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by BennyDGreat: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:
How can SP Benjamin Hundeyin pass through only TWO police checkpoints and tag his brief experience a social experiment with a conclusion drawn? That's a bit poor from a police officer with masters degree in Legal Criminology and Security Psychology. I mean two police checkpoints can never constitute a sample size in any credible social experiment more so in a state as Lagos. Any conclusions drawn from two checkpoints out of hundred of checkpoints in Lagos State is rather scandalous.

- It has to cover particularly the notorious police extortion areas of the state. And if he wants to know these areas, he should request for suggestions.

Excuse me SP Hundeyin, it is important that Nigeria Police should incorporate undercover operation in its quest to sanitize the police. These undercover officers should go around to police stations ( notorious ones as Igando station) as complainants and suspects, vehicle passengers, carry lap while on jeans, transport home appliances duly receipted, etc.

Out of all things, you chose to speak the truth and nothing but the truth. God bless Baba
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Allisgud: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Go okoko iyana paja,carrybody camera,make we see howfar
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by BennyDGreat: 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
Throwback:
Nigeria must be great.

But let Police ease up on the extortion and other civil servants too from Immigration to Customs, to other agencies and departments.

That will only happen if the people in charge of those places want it to. It begins with those at the top....
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by jonnieoneng: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
JASONjnr:
Which kind useless social experiment is this?

The police extortion have been existing ever since the police force was handed to the Nigerian by the British colonial government and Ben will not tell me that he's never been aware of it until he carried this stupid social experiment to come to this lame conclusion.

You can make your point without being rude!

It's nice that ba Police Officer even decided to carry out such an Experiment in the first place. It means we are making progress towards a Nigeria of our Dreams.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by BennyDGreat: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
Indispensable85:
We have some very good police officers. I've met many of them. Some Nigerians are just unnecessarily aggressive.

You have met many of them...I think this is the first time I have seen anyone say that in Nigeria...I am shocked
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by daveson07: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=N3TRAL post=116924483]Nigeria is a tough country to survive with a minimum wage of 30,000 naira (less than $ 100 USD per month).

To cater for one's family in Nigeria as a civil servant, one has to increase their income through begging or sharp practices while engaged in the civil service.

Go to Universities and Polytechnics, lecturers are selling handbooks to students. Some of these lecturers will teach you well and mark your papers well whether you buy their handbooks or not. Other lecturers will not teach well and score you low if you do not buy their handbooks. We don't spit on the lecturers because education is important.

Go to Immigration offices across the country. Staff are collecting huge sums to process passports. People even beg them to collect bigger amounts to process their passports faster. We don't spit on the staff because traveling is important.

gosh! You're good man....i really really like yovr insight!
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by sofiscatedmoron: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
Osobi32:
the earlier u understand that the real criminals are dressed in cooperate attire and they look very responsible, they walk pass u every single day and u have them as good neighbors..... Having a dread lock and dressing cool does not mean that one is a criminal. They are young men who do legit businesses and just enjoying living a young man's lifestyle, that doesn't make them criminals.
First impression matters, you are addressd by how you dress, if you dress like a corporate banker ,wether you are a thief or not not ,you will be address like a corporate banker,
If you dress like a yahoo boy, we don't care if you are a pastor, you will be addressed as a yahoo boy,
That is life for you bro
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by chrixtoimoh: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
Probably your car was too clean and your clean shavings even an idiot will know that you are a spy.
Try it with dread hair. You will have a different story and experience
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by BennyDGreat: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
there's a way those guys do recognize force men.
I've witnessed it

Na guess work....there's no particular way force men looks....some even have beards nowadays and keep afro....esp those into covert operations
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Indispensable85(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
BennyDGreat:

You have met many of them...I think this is the first time I have seen anyone say that in Nigeria...I am shocked

I've been harrased a couple of times by the police no doubt but I've met very many good ones too.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by BennyDGreat: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
chrixtoimoh:
Probably your car was too clean and your clean shavings even an idiot will know that you are a spy.
Try it with dread hair. You will have a different story and experience

You can't know a spy by merely looking at him unless something gives him away beyond the clean car and clean shaving.....cos anybody can drive a clean car and have clean shave
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Eddaman77(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Oga Benji! I must commend you for trying as much as you can to defend and appraise your comrades, but truth be told, the Nigeria Police Force needs total overhauling and reorientation, also why must the leadership of the Police Commission be headed by a former IG?
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by ikdaddy01(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:

And choice of car too.
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by teepraizajayi: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
so going to 2 checkpoints is enough to say u carry out a social experiemnt. maybe u shud goan find the meaning of social experiment first. wu told u that its only at checkpoints that police brutalize. u are trying to praise them wen they even refuse to request for ur papers which is the ideal tin to do. u din see issue wt thw oficer asking u fr sometin. a social experiment takes lomg to be able to used as comclusion. but ur own social experiment is uses a night and 2 checkpoints. Oga Officer.. well done
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1573058149657071621?s=19
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Cromagnon: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
N3TRAL:
Nigeria is a tough country to survive with a minimum wage of 30,000 naira (less than $ 100 USD per month).

To cater for one's family in Nigeria as a civil servant, one has to increase their income through begging or sharp practices while engaged in the civil service.

Go to Universities and Polytechnics, lecturers are selling handbooks to students. Some of these lecturers will teach you well and mark your papers well whether you buy their handbooks or not. Other lecturers will not teach well and score you low if you do not buy their handbooks. We don't spit on the lecturers because education is important.

Go to Immigration offices across the country. Staff are collecting huge sums to process passports. People even beg them to collect bigger amounts to process their passports faster. We don't spit on the staff because traveling is important.

Go to file court processes even in the court registry, you have to pay the staff extra money so that they can handle your files happily. We don't spit on the registrar because getting justice is important.

Try to book an appointment with a prominent person who has a busy schedule. You have to appreciate his P.A or secretary with money and airtime. We don't spit on the them because seeing the big man is important.

It is same at every government department in this country.

When the student returns from school and the lady leaves the immigration office to encounter a police officer at a checkpoint, he/she spits on the police officer because security is not important and the police was standing under the rain sun unlike the others. grin

Just like almost every lecturer sells handouts, most police men just beg for 100 naira or 200 Naira to complement their 45,000 naira a month without seeing their families. cry Not all of them are like the lecturers who victimize students who don't buy the handbooks.

Ask the drivers whose cars were auctioned in Lagos Last week, they'd be praying a police officer had asked them for 5000 naira or 10,000 naira at the spot instead. Ask G-boys wey dey EFCC custody, they will tell you they wished a police officer asked them for little at a checkpoint instead.

When e reach police officers we dey form sane clime. If police dem follow form sane clime tow people car wey default go station, car for finish for Naija. Though there are bad officers, let's appreciate the good ones please.

Double standards everywhere.
yep, deal with it
You only go to immigration once every 10yrs
University you endure for 4
Court processes once a lifetime
Police checkpoint is everyday
It's annoying and they don't do their job to stop crime
Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by Thazard(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
festacman:

Re: I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin by iamsolasoul(f): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
mrvitalis:
Sure but two check points are very very inadequate sample to make any conclusion in any way you want to look at it

If you really want to know the truth , Go undercover every night ...for say 3 months , different area every week maybe then you would have an adequate data to make conclusion

Imagine going undercover in 93 but your last name has the truth always

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fight Among Themselves In Madagali,30 Killed- V O A / ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security / Sanwo-Olu Commissions GTBank 110-Bed Space Isolation Centre (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.