Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike (324 Views)

Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer / 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi / Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by Creatorchris(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has revealed that the All Progressive Congress' presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, wooed him to join the party.

On Friday, September 23, Wike stated that Tinubu offered him a senatorial ticket, which he declined, despite the fact that Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar failed to fulfill his promise after winning the party's primary election.

He stated that he did not run in the primary to secure a vice-presidential or senatorial ticket and will remain a member of the PDP.

Wike stated;

"I did not contest to become a vice presidential candidate; I am not like others who were not serious and bought senatorial forms alongside presidential forms, which is why when Tinubu offered me a senate seat, I declined."

This comes months after some APC-elected governors met with Wike in Port Harcourt, Rivers State's capital, ahead of the 2023 elections.

>>>>..

What do you think of Wike's decision?

Don't forget to take advantage of NaijaBet.com political bets

Re: I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by oyin44: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
It is a normal thing in politics...

Every presidential candidate is looking for a political agent in every region at least, to have confident of winning an election

If tinubu successful wooed wike in South South coupled with south west then Apc become a formidable party in the South.

That is how politics works.. it is just an offer
Re: I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by AntiBMC(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
So where does he stand? Cos he can't be bickering and tearing down PDP, while playing the flirty, teasing young maiden with APC.

He knows he should be supporting Peter Obi, but his big ego and hate for igbos won't let him make the right choice.
Re: I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by Creatorchris(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
oyin44:
It is a normal thing in politics...

Every presidential candidate is looking for a political agent in every region at least, to have confident of winning an election

If tinubu successful wooed wike in South South coupled with south west then Apc become a formidable party in the South.

That is how politics works.. it is just an offer

true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by Creatorchris(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
AntiBMC:
So where does he stand? Cos he can't be bickering and tearing down PDP, while playing the flirty, teasing young maiden with APC.

He knows he should be supporting Peter Obi, but his big ego and hate for igbos won't let him make the right choice.

hmmm
Re: I Rejected Tinubu’s Senatorial Ticket Offer – Wike by Mynd44: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2022

(1)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: Tinubu, APC, Out To Shortchange Christians – Ex-sgf Allege / Facts About PDP And Wike / BSC/HND Dichotomy: “Discrimination Is Far From Over"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.