Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing (68137 Views)

What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / What's The Funniest Nickname You Gave Your Teacher While In School? / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by LeeSantos(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2022
This is not creativity.
Using beans, match stick, Rice's and glue to make art on cardboard paper was more creative back then
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Enny2013(f): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2022
Cud dat b how d teacher really look?
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Koko88(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2022
The assignment is valid.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by omonnakoda: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

Wrong creativity.... Ask the child to draw a house or cat
The most ignorant are often the loudest . You do not know and do not know that you don't know and think you know everything.

There are so many established psychological assessments that can be made from drawings that a child makes of themselves, their families , teachers or carers.
Often they are a good way to communicate with children who have emotional issues and even those that do not
These things are beyond your education level but you just want to show yourself

On the superficial level it is about drawing

Do a little research into the psychology of children's drawings and stop ranting
A child may e.g draw their teacher to take up 100% of the page or 1% that may be more important than what the drawing looks like
A child may be asked to draw their family and one parent is missing that may tell a story of its own.
When one is operating with the mindset of a carpenter all you see is hammernailhammernailhammernail

The age when the child cannot draw properly is a good time to try some such assessments and if records are kept from year to year they can tell a story. Unfortunately in Nigeria we do not keep records of such things

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by RepoMan007: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2022
It is good way to spot talent of drawing objects.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crownhome(m): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2022
I wonder what the teacher will be like; when marking the assignments.
She'll be like nah yah mother you draw for here

2 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by awakmfon03(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:
The curriculum of Nigeria basic schools is becoming something else. Why will a child of 5 to 6 years be asked to draw her teacher?!

A Nigerian Dad has reacted to the social studies assignment given to his daughter.

The assignment on the social studies booklet reads DRAW YOUR TEACHER IN THE BOX.

The kid took her time making a beautiful drawing of her teacher which the dad reacted to

" This Your Teacher is fine o, what is the name of your teacher? Mrs Laris...This is you. Your hair is fine o.... Weldone."

Watch video: grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRyJmLp55M

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci3UmEdjWFs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Come to think about it. All those who think the child is too small to draw a human that she sees almost everyday. what then should the child draw? A cat? What if they don't have a cat in their house and she sees a cat less often, A ball? What if she only knows a ball on paper and on TV screen and do sees it less often too.
The curriculum must use what every child can identify with and not some sort of things that are seen base on privilege.
Then again do you care to ask what their previous lesson was about before the children were asked to draw their teacher.
Don't narrow your thinking, think widely. Look at it from the sky level and you will see many perspective to reasons they were asked to draw a human

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

It is very wrong.

Can the child draw a proper human face? A cat or ball would have been more appropriate.

Even in junior secondary, you don't start drawing human beings except if your naturally gifted with artistry.
You start by drawing logos, and simple objects. Talk more a pry pupil.

Person you quoted was right.

There's very vital essence to this sorta experimental tasks in children. This gives you an insight as to the observatory extent of your child. Of course no one expects a child to properly draw a human, that would be insane. But the idea here is to see the retentive capacity of your child's mind. That child sees the teacher at least five days in a week. What prominent features can that child remember? Hair? Eyes? Nose?

Most certainly, that child is going to have to picture her teacher in her mind and remember the most pronounced features but she'll only be able to reproduce caricature depictions of those features on that paper, which is very much okay. But at the end of the day, the purpose of that task has been achieved.

Trust me, it works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by LIGHTROOM: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2022
When you send your child to school, make sure you are getting value for your money

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by omonnakoda: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2022
Go and read the books

Understanding Children's drawings
Making Sense of Children's drawings
This is an area where people have done Phds and someone overdoses on eba and starts talking rubbish

Once you approach any subject with the mindset that you know you do not learn anything
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by highbee02: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2022
What do u expect when a Fine Art major teaches Social Studies
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by lailo: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2022
Let madam hear, u will explain the meaning of fine grin

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Patrick1095: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2022
You're so daft, you just come to nairaland to spill rubbish about teachers and what you think should be done. Do you have slightest idea on education? Particularly in Nigeria and precisely teachings? Its more than your opinion. So read and pass if you have nothing sensible to say
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Hungerbadoo: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

Oga what do you mean by wrong creativity?
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Fearyourcreator: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2022
emorse:

Can the child draw a proper cat face? Just wondering.

By the way, I don't see anything wrong in that assignment. The child could draw a 'stick-man' and won't be wrong. The purpose of the lesson is most likely to identify shapes and parts of the body.
Lolzzz
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2022
ValCon888:
The girl hasn't even started drawing anything, and he's saying the teacher is fine. This man is the number one cheerleader of his daughter.

Very sweet, but false praises don't let your kids do well especially when the praise is unearned.

Sometimes, you need to be critical so (in a positive way) to challenge them to do better.

Critical ko, criticism ni. You don't criticize children ok? I remember how I used to praise my niece. With each praise, she got better. Now she's the best.

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Naustine(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

So an cat come easy for the kid to draw abi
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Patrick1095: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2022
Educate her please. Most of these supposed educated critics take without first thinking about the intent for which something may serve. And of course they feel the teacher is quack when they can't even give back home training.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Tapout(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
at that age of the child, it's not wrong sir. No one expects the child to go into details when drawing her class teacher. This art tests of the child is able to take note of certain features in a human being like the eyes, hands, ears, legs, trunk, hair and about. Drawing animals too also fots in to the same reason.

"No one expects"......it doesn't eliminate the possibility that some kids of the same age are already exposed to such things. This isn't 1970.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Allisgud: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2022
The papa self na clown grin grin
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by kambili999(f): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2022
Tapout:

"No one expects"......it doesn't eliminate the possibility that some kids of the same age are already exposed to such things. This isn't 1970.
ok
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Jsucre(m): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2022
Na so dem give my daughter of age 2 this same assignment. Till this moment I'm still thinking why and how such assignment should be given to small child like that.

2 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by toxtimmy: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2022
Educate me please.... Did Picasso draw a cat or house?... wetin concern you for what another man pikin draw?

Crysallis:

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 9:52am On Sep 24, 2022
kambili999:
at that age of the child, it's not wrong sir. No one expects the child to go into details when drawing her class teacher. This art tests of the child is able to take note of certain features in a human being like the eyes, hands, ears, legs, trunk, hair and about. Drawing animals too also fits in to the same reason.
Many of this people criticising the work know nothing about education.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by tollyboy5(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

It is very wrong.

Can the child draw a proper human face? A cat or ball would have been more appropriate.

Even in junior secondary, you don't start drawing human beings except if your naturally gifted with artistry.
You start by drawing logos, and simple objects. Talk more a pry pupil.

LoL I drew actor and bozz less than 5years. 7years old I could only sketch with my left hand but my writing was poor.

No time is too early for children
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Advancedman(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2022
duro4chang:
It is just to make the child creative the curriculum is ok.

What is ok?
Social studies not fine art.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2022
tollyboy5:

LoL I drew actor and bozz less than 5years. 7years old I could only sketch with my left hand but my writing was poor.

No time is too early for children

Lol..@ actor and boss.

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2022
Advancedman:

What is ok?
Social studies not fine art.
Yes in Biology, physics, chemistry, Agric etc we draw. Even in ENGLISH AND YORUBA STUDIES We draw during phonetic lessions. Drawing is not only during Fine art. I am an educationist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by IzzyAgu: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2022
Make person buy Okpa for me undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.