Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing (68143 Views)

What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / What's The Funniest Nickname You Gave Your Teacher While In School? / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by duro4chang(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Make person buy Okpa for me undecided
Nothing for you
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by James0075(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2022
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts.

[url="https://www.hours-advisor-au.com/anaconda-opening-hours/"]anaconda close time[/url]
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Magnoliaa(f): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2022
You people complaining about this assignment are something else! Hian. undecided
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by loko50(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
Imagine the bs on front page
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by etrange: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

Wrong creativity.... Ask the child to draw a house or cat

You guys complain about everything. How is a cat better than a human being? Your adult brain should have told you the instructor merely used the expression "your teacher" to create some form of common context for the pupils. The idea here is to draw a human being or something that looks like it. You don't know education more than the experts, let them do thier work.

Magnoliaa:
You people complaining about this assignment are something else! Hian. undecided

Honestly, I don't even understand Nigerians anymore. Their politicians have dealt with them to the point that complaining is now thier natural reaction to everything.

2 Likes

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by luluman: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

You are olodo, we want them to look at the reacher and draw.If you are not a teacher shut up.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
The most ignorant are often the loudest . You do not know and do not know that you don't know and think you know everything.

There are so many established psychological assessments that can be made from drawings that a child makes of themselves, their families , teachers or carers.
Often they are a good way to communicate with children who have emotional issues and even those that do not
These things are beyond your education level but you just want to show yourself

On the superficial level it is about drawing

Do a little research into the psychology of children's drawings and stop ranting
A child may e.g draw their teacher to take up 100% of the page or 1% that may be more important than what the drawing looks like
A child may be asked to draw their family and one parent is missing that may tell a story of its own.
When one is operating with the mindset of a carpenter all you see is hammernailhammernailhammernail

The age when the child cannot draw properly is a good time to try some such assessments and if records are kept from year to year they can tell a story. Unfortunately in Nigeria we do not keep records of such things

You are right my friend. You mentioned psychology which is a part of social studies. It is not defined that the task is a psychological one (which is aimed at showing the relationship between the pupil and teacher).

On the other hand, if the task was to describe the teacher then it's perfect. Someone said perhaps its aim is to make the pupil identify the body parts or traits that the teacher possess.

Creative drawings are solely attributed to arts or creative and not social studies, boss
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
omonnakoda:
The most ignorant are often the loudest . You do not know and do not know that you don't know and think you know everything.

There are so many established psychological assessments that can be made from drawings that a child makes of themselves, their families , teachers or carers.
Often they are a good way to communicate with children who have emotional issues and even those that do not
These things are beyond your education level but you just want to show yourself

On the superficial level it is about drawing

Do a little research into the psychology of children's drawings and stop ranting
A child may e.g draw their teacher to take up 100% of the page or 1% that may be more important than what the drawing looks like
A child may be asked to draw their family and one parent is missing that may tell a story of its own.
When one is operating with the mindset of a carpenter all you see is hammernailhammernailhammernail

The age when the child cannot draw properly is a good time to try some such assessments and if records are kept from year to year they can tell a story. Unfortunately in Nigeria we do not keep records of such things

Cc Blessedmercy8

I think you should read this. The person you are arguing with is right.

In addition to what he wrote.

Drawing has many purposes.
What if the purpose is to teach the kid how to focus, how to remember things, how to handle the pencil or any object(minor proficiency), drawing different shapes(since the human body has many shapes), and so on?

If you are a graduate, you would have come across questions like: Explain or define XYZ graphically OR With the aid of an image, define blah blah blah OR using images only, define XYZ....

From another point, haven't you heard of the line "Art is life?"

If we are to go with your argument, why do people draw in chemistry, biology, physics, accounting, business studies, and other non-art related(noncreative) subjects/courses?

I doubt if you're truly what you claimed to be w.r.t to an educator.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2022
Naustine:

So an cat come easy for the kid to draw abi

Not that it is easy to draw. If pikin draw that thing as me, I go vex.

But the cat no go vex.

Essence: While trying to improve the kid's psychology, consider mine too
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Cc Blessedmercy8

What if the purpose is to teach the kid how to focus, how to remember things, how to handle the pencil or any object(minor proficiency), drawing different shapes(since the human body has many shapes), and so on?

If you are a graduate, you would have come across questions like: Explain or define XYZ graphically OR With the aid of an image, define blah blah blah OR using images only, define XYZ....

If we are to go with your argument, why do people draw in chemistry, biology, physics, accounting, business studies, and other non-art related(noncreative) subjects/courses?

No one is disputing the importance of drawing.

It's help the psychologi...... Abeg, e go make the pikin put wetin e don see for ground. Like to make am de constantly think.

Let's say the school is a standard one that deploys teaching through visual means then the child would a seen a cat plenty times
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Crysallis(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
luluman:
You are olodo, we want them to look at the reacher and draw.If you are not a teacher shut up.

As The teacher na the dad side chick or partner (if male)
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by iamsolasoul(f): 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
Haha looks like Tommy
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Cc Blessedmercy8

You clearly didn't understand my point. I never said a child should not be allowed to draw. I'm talking about age appropriate art works, please. Besides, being specific about drawing her teacher is way out of place and doesn't sound appropriate.

I still maintain my stance. Period!
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Arielle: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

None actually... I nor finish primary school
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ; cheesy Crazy guy!
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

You clearly didn't understand my point. I never said a child should not be allowed to draw. I'm talking about age appropriate art works, please. Besides, being specific about drawing her teacher is way out of place and doesn't sound appropriate.

I still maintain my stance. Period!

Can you define age appropriate artwork?
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2022
abbey621:

Can you define age appropriate artwork?

Go and read my first comment.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by abbey621(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Go and read my first comment.

I read it and it does not say much, that's why I'm asking what is your own definition of age appropriate, don't know how exposed you are but kids in Japan and the USA are drawing at advanced level compared to when I was growing up in the late 80s and early 90s. I could entertain your thoughts if you had a copy of the school's curriculum or you worked at the school but you have no clue about the objective of the assignment yet your criticism is so strong, why? Just trying to understand your rationale because art is not just about accuracy but intent as well.
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by backnbeta(f): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
Crysallis:

Not wrong. My 7-yr-old can draw something that'll look like me! It's innovative teaching and it should be encouraged...it doesn't matter what the drawing looks like

1 Like

Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Tgb1: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
grin
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by gentleguy1975: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2022
Olachase:
I saw one of my old drawing book I was in pry4 then around 2004 (na wa hoo see how time flies) con see the Map of Nigeria I drew then, I con day ask myself na me draw this rubbish thing grin grin

Well the Nigeria self Don rubbish already
Bread way I day buy #50 then is now #200 cry cry
plus the bread of #50 then was even heavier than today's #200
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by stasius: 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
Very good
Re: "This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing by Veeryeasy(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2022
That's an encouragement, I'll also tell my baby her drawing is beautiful and she should draw me after and stick it on the fridge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.