Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. (1945 Views)

After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. / "Gimme My Palliative" Little Boy Cries As He Drags Noodle With Siblings (VIDEO) / Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Davidave(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
They have no share of your father property, let them go and fight for their father property
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Iamicekid(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2022
Go get a lawyer, in as much as they don’t bear your father name, I mean your surname u will win the case hands down, but you and your younger brothers must be on the same page cause this thing is for you guys cause once those eldest 2 see a loop hole between u guys they going to take advantage of that to the last, get ur younger brothers that bears the same surname as you on your side then the lawyer can come in and a little spiritual backing also cause for them to have that kind mentality, bro they ain’t here to joke ooo

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Mindlog: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Don't allow your step brothers to come in and do the sharing, you are your father's first son, stand your ground. You should give them something no doubt, but it shouldn't be much. Call all your real siblings and speak with a lawyer if your step brothers try to cause problems.

They are actually his half-brothers not stepbrothers because they share a parent (their mother).
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Iamicekid:
Go get a lawyer, in as much as they don’t bear your father name, I mean your surname u will win the case hands down, but you and your younger brothers must be on the same page cause this thing is for you guys cause once those eldest 2 see a loop hole between u guys they going to take advantage of that to the last, get ur younger brothers that bears the same surname as you on your side then the lawyer can come in and a little spiritual backing also cause for them to have that kind mentality, bro they ain’t here to joke ooo
they ain't joking atall...Thanks commrade...
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2022
Davidave:
They have no share of your father property, let them go and fight for their father property
Noted...Thanks
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Helpout12345: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2022
Pierced:

If u can't get the original documents from the lawyers.......then forge the documents......just know your dad signature.

Don't do this

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Helpout12345: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
From all the information you have provided here.

1. The property belong to you and your other siblings from your dad. You can give whatever you deem fit to your half brothers but you and your siblings have no legal or cultural obligations to do so.
2. Take the advise of getting your own lawyer as soon as possible. That your dad's lawyer is already compromised.
3. Inform your dad kinsmen if they are not aware.
4. Whatever you do, be firm but don't engage in unlawfully practices.
5. When you get your own lawyer, the first legal action is to file for a motion to compell the dad's lawyer from taking any further action on any of your father property until you and your siblings settles in court or out of court.
6. Be prepared for a long drag because of the slow judicial system we have in Nigeria and the fact that your dad had no will

3 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2022
Helpout12345:
From all the information you have provided here.

1. The property belong to you and your other siblings from your dad. You can give whatever you deem fit to your half brothers but you and your siblings have no legal or cultural obligations to do so.
2. Take the advise of getting your own lawyer as soon as possible. That your dad's lawyer is already compromised.
3. Inform your dad kinsmen if they are not aware.
4. Whatever you do, be firm but don't engage in unlawfully practices.
5. When you get your own lawyer, the first legal action is to file for a motion to compell the dad's lawyer from taking any further action on any of your father property until you and your siblings settles in court or out of court.
6. Be prepared for a long drag because of the slow judicial system we have in Nigeria and the fact that your dad had no will
You're so helpful. Thanks so much. I will hold a meeting with my two younger brothers, they are on my side to decide things.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
Helpout12345:

Don't do this
I wont, thanks...it sound illegal too...plus his signature wont be easy to fouge.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Mom007(f): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
There are family courts in this land na. They will settle all this legally. Don't try to fight them over property. Go to family court and the court will rule in your favor. I think its wrong for that guy to try to cheat you out of your fathers property. If your father did not legally adopt him, He has no say in the sharing but should gratefully accept whatever is given.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by oluplus(m): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2022
What do you mean by no relatives to discuss with?
Pls check very well. There must be someone somewhere. If you are getting married today, who will stand as your father?

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
Mom007:
There are family courts in this land na. They will settle all this legally. Don't try to fight them over property. Go to family court and the court will rule in your favor. I think its wrong for that guy to try to cheat you out of your fathers property. If your father did not legally adopt him, He has no say in the sharing but should gratefully accept whatever is given.
Noted Thanks.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2022
oluplus:
What do you mean by no relatives to discuss with?
Pls check very well. There must be someone somewhere. If you are getting married today, who will stand as your father?
My dad is the only child and grannies are no more two...I will look very well tho...if am getting married today am using my spritual father and mother..
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by ManAdii: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
Dalnadoni:
My dad is the only child and grannies are no more two...I will look very well tho...if am getting married today am using my spritual father and mother..
This guy no well o. So you no get villagers or wetin?
You from up fall down?

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
Your father adopted your half brothers as his own and didn't discriminate against them..

You also need to do the same thing.
Dalnadoni:
Hello Nairalanders,

I hope to get honest and open view about what to do in this situation.
So i lost my mom 2yrs ago, my mom had 5 children and am the third born of my mom. But I'm the first born of my dad reason being that my mom had married to a man at her early year and had two boys for the man before divosing and later got married to my dad.
Reason for the divorce was not something bad, but because the man my mom got married to earliar had three wives, and she had to leave because of rivary.
After she got married to my dad, he accepted to train the two boys. Now the first two boys are married, tho am not yet married am 28.

Now the issue is, my dad also died last year but unfortunatly he had no will and he had alot of properties. And because he had no will it very hard to share what he left and among who to share with.
I'm the first born of my dad and i think i should be one to decide how it goes, but my mom's first born is trying to play the role.
Pls what can i do because i dont want to fight him.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Dalnadoni: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Your father adopted your half brothers as his own and didn't discriminate against them..

You also need to do the same thing.
Thanks, i will put that into consideration..
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by obinna58(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
Na so your property wan go?
Them wan use your young boy advantage, 28 means you're still too young to be dragging properties with them, let time be going first, tell them you're not interested in any property sharing for now, if they chose to share anyway that'll be even more interesting.

Time will balance itself, na them go begin show you respect.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Calibrator: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
Will they be willing to share their estranged father's properties with you if he settle issues with them in the future?

Issues like this requires a firm hand and open mouth..... Tell him to his face that you take precedence where your father's properties are concerned.

He is only seeking to see how far he can push you. He needs to hear it directly from you for his body to calm down.
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by capetownboyz(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2022
Omo this matter serious sha .. just thread carefully..
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2022
From all indication, the don't answer the same surname as your Dad, which legally means that your Dad never adopted them but only help to train them. This Life is so deep, if they were in your shoes the will never allow you come close. Those your half brother are ingrate, shameless and ungrateful for requesting to be in charge of the sharing.

Meanwhile, your Dad might have a Will, of which your Dad Lawyer is aware but He might not want to disclose it. Most of this family lawyer are dare devil. They always reap the family this way. Have you ask what kill your Dad?

You should me in charge of everything with your younger ones and please give your half brother something tangible.

Get a competent and incorruptible lawyer not all this charge and bail lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by Slimgold2019: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
Contact my signature for legal aid
Re: Sharing Of Properties With Siblings. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Dalnadoni:
Hello Nairalanders,

I hope to get honest and open view about what to do in this situation.
So i lost my mom 2yrs ago, my mom had 5 children and am the third born of my mom. But I'm the first born of my dad reason being that my mom had married to a man at her early year and had two boys for the man before divosing and later got married to my dad.
Reason for the divorce was not something bad, but because the man my mom got married to earliar had three wives, and she had to leave because of rivary.
After she got married to my dad, he accepted to train the two boys. Now the first two boys are married, tho am not yet married am 28.

Now the issue is, my dad also died last year but unfortunatly he had no will and he had alot of properties. And because he had no will it very hard to share what he left and among who to share with.
I'm the first born of my dad and i think i should be one to decide how it goes, but my mom's first born is trying to play the role.
Pls what can i do because i dont want to fight him.

Your case can test inheritance laws both law and tradition

1 by law your are entitled to your father's estate excluding your half brothers

2 both of you half brothers/siblings and you are entitled to your mother's estate

3 your half siblings can not claim anything that bears your fathers name, that would be stealing your inheritance therefore in the eyes if the laws its double
dipping becoz they bear the own father's surname they cant dip onto your father's by virtue that you share the same mother. if your father adapoted them by changing their surname to his/yours then legally their entitled equally as you

4 Now that your mother is also dead, its a bit hard to calculate what entitlement was hers and then be pass on to your half siblings and yourself/children of your father

We all have both paternal and maternal rights to inheritance

in your specific case your half siblings have maternal inheritance on the estate of your mother only like what have been said by few you can share abit your fathers out of good heart only though it can be tricky on things like land or buildings, its very high value assest unless there are lots and can afford to give one or two away

unless if the selling price is ok you give a small recognition money and still buy another property aka land, therefore you would have treated them and still brothers/sister without having much onto what is not theirs.

In most african traditions children from another father dont inherit anything from the step father, becoz their paternal inheritance title is still at their father's

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Has Done It Again. Another Nairalander Has Round It Up For Me / Hope Am Not Overdoing....... / Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.