Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,247 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. (693 Views)

So Simps Really Do Exists (photo) / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." / I Really Do Need A Man In My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
This is, perhaps, one of the most common questions raised in boy-girl discussions. On this platform, I've seen a lot of users pose this question too. Earlier today, I saw a thread which has a video of a lady promising to have a "fantastic time" with her husband after being given an important gift. Of course, lots of users were rather sad that all the lady had to show gratitude for her gift was sex. Again, they asked what ladies really have to show in romantic relationships.

I decided to create this thread to attempt to answer this question.

1. Substance.

There are many Nigerian women of substance. Many! There are many Nigerian women that are very successful in their careers. There are many Nigerian women that are excellent models of the younger generation.

Late Professor Dora Akunyili (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dora_Akunyili) is a good example of a Nigerian woman/wife/mother of substance. Her name, her successes must have added value to her family.

So, what did Madam Dora bring to the family table? She gave her family pride. She brought her children life lessons. She brought motivation. She brought comfort. I'm sure her husband would have been proud to have her stand beside him as his wife.

2. Ideas.

There are great Nigerian women whose ideas have opened ways for themselves and their families. Dr. Stella Chinyere Okoli (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Chinyelu_Okoli#:~:text=Stella%20Chinyelu%20Okoli%20(MON%2C%20OON,manufacturing%20company%20founded%20in%201977.) is a typical example. This lady is a philanthropist, a pharmacist, and the founder of Emzor Pharmaceuticals. Emzor is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in our environment.

So, what does this great woman bring to the table? Quite similar to Dora's story. She brings finances to the table. This can't be debated. She is a source of pride to her children (and late husband). Her name alone has the potential of opening new doors to anyone associated with it.

3. Gifts.

We're quite familiar with men buying expensive gifts for their women. How about stories of women buying expensive gifts for their men? This is also very common, but of course, some men have chosen to shut their eyes to this.

In this story (https://m.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/posts/4722540387784086), a Nigerian bride got a car for her husband! In this other story, a Nigerian wife got her husband a Benz to mark their seventh wedding anniversary (https://www.nairaland.com/6742931/nigerian-lady-buys-husband-benz).

Nigerian wives do a lot of stuffs, actually, not just buying cars and airplanes for their husbands. Some pay (or support their husbands to pay) house rents, school fees, hospital bills, etc. If we looked into our lives, we would recall instances when our mothers provided a certain fund we needed.

2 Likes

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
4. Repairs.

Some Nigerian woman multitask. While they take care of the home and the kids, they also spend considerable time and effort repairing their husbands.

Some Nigerian men go into marriage with destroyed/damaged mindsets. Look at the so-called alpha males or red pillars, for example. They believe all (Nigerian) women are evil and that they have absolutely nothing to bring to the table. Some wouldn't mind including the women in their families in this category.

Imagine going into marriage with this weird mindset. Poor wife! She'd have to work extra-hard to repair her husband. While at this, she'd have to deal with depression and all sort of bad energy her husband may throw at her.

Her situation is pitiable. If she leaves, society would attack her. If she stays, society will accuse her of staying because of her husband's wealth. cry cry cry

5. Spirituality.

In some homes, it's the mother that teaches the children the way of God. She spends time praying for the kids and the family. And, guess what? If oga manages to make it, he may not acknowledge her efforts!

Phew. There are many more things to list here. Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Olachase(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
If you want peace of mind in a relationship, go and date after 3 or 4 lady's
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by HarlequinLekex: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
90% of them have Nothing to offer only there to chop ur money, the remaining 10% are worth marrying
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by xteve(m): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
How about we decide to date/marry women with something to offer?
How about we groom and set them up to have something to offer?
Don't knack girls with no value. (But can we?)

If we achieve this, the new meaning of being sexy, will be value and something to offer.
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conclusion

Many of us don't understand marriage and how it works. Many of us are not even willing to learn!

In a good marriage, there's no demarcation between the husband's and the wife's responsibilities. Honestly, such a demarcation does not exist.

The husband and the wife bring all that is good to their homes. They join their resources to run the home. They both bring food, shelter, health, education, etc to the home.

I like comparing this to having a roommate. I once had a roommate in school. We did our things like we've known ourselves since birth. We shared our resources. If I want to cook, for example, even without asking, he'd bring some money to add up with what I have. Sometimes, he'd ask me not to buy oil and other ingredients he had. We didn't have a timetable for cleaning the room/bathroom. Sometimes, I'd return home and find him washing the toilet, mopping the floor, etc. Other times, he'd return home to find me doing all these. Honestly, we never had any issue!

Husbands should learn to see marriage like this. Don't let the internet fool you. You don't even know the ages and experiences of the people behind internet handles. Some are teenagers feeding fat from their parents' resources. Some can't even maintain a good relationship with their siblings, how much more their girlfriends or wives.. Some actually have no job, no skill, and absolutely nothing to take to the table. Some have never been married.

May God help us all.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
90% of them have Nothing to offer only there to chop ur money, the remaining 10% are worth marrying

I wonder how you arrived at your statistics. You may have been hanging with the wrong set of females.

Over 90% of the females in my circle have a lot to offer.

2 Likes

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
xteve:
How about we decide to date/marry women with something to offer?
How about we groom and set them up to have something to offer?
Don't knack girls with no value. (But can we?)

If we achieve this, the new meaning of being sexy, will be value and something to offer.

Honestly, I can't fault what you've written. But the same is applicable to men.

If women and men achieve your suggestions, a lot of things will be redefined!

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
These una "table" matter self dey tire person undecided

Make I no just vex, break the table angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by shaybebaby(f): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
TONYE001:

I wonder how you arrived at your statistics. You may have been hanging with the wrong set of females.

Over 90% of the females in my circle have a lot to offer.

You need to educate your menfolk on their perception of women in general.

One thing they don't realise with all their vituperation is that they are ruining market for themselves..no woman of worth would give them a second of her time based on their opinions.

And check this, by boldly stating all their nonsense, only the desperate girls with so sense of worth will look their way. Like attracts like afterall.

By their utterances, they attract the sort of energy that matches theirs- unscrupulous females. Karma is a batch!! grin

2 Likes

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Virginbeauty: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
God bless you for this op,Nigeria women have a lot to offer responisible and ambitious men and not the useless and irresponisible ones round.

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by siofra(f): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
Me I'm not offering shi shi

My future husband must accept me like that angry
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by neonly: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
TONYE001:
This is, perhaps, one of the most common questions raised in boy-girl discussions. On this platform, I've seen a lot of users pose this question too. Earlier today, I saw a thread which has a video of a lady promising to have a "fantastic time" with her husband after being given an important gift. Of course, lots of users were rather sad that all the lady had to show gratitude for her gift was sex. Again, they asked what ladies really have to show in romantic relationships.

1. Substance.

There are many Nigerian women of substance. Many! There are many Nigerian women that are very successful in their careers. There are many Nigerian women that are excellent models of the younger generation.

Late Professor Dora Akunyili (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dora_Akunyili) is a good example of a Nigerian woman/wife/mother of substance. Her name, her successes must have added value to her family.

So, what did Madam Dora bring to the family table? She gave her family pride. She brought her children life lessons. She brought motivation. She brought comfort. I'm sure her husband would have been proud to have her stand beside him as his wife.

2. Ideas.

There are great Nigerian women whose ideas have opened ways for themselves and their families. Dr. Stella Chinyere Okoli (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Chinyelu_Okoli#:~:text=Stella%20Chinyelu%20Okoli%20(MON%2C%20OON,manufacturing%20company%20founded%20in%201977.) is a typical example. This lady is a philanthropist, a pharmacist, and the founder of Emzor Pharmaceuticals. Emzor is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in our environment.

So, what does this great woman bring to the table? Quite similar to Dora's story. She brings finances to the table. This can't be debated. She is a source of pride to her children (and late husband). Her name alone has the potential of opening new doors to anyone associated with it.

3. Gifts.

We're quite familiar with men buying expensive gifts for their women. How about stories of women buying expensive gifts for their men? This is also very common, but of course, some men have chosen to shut their eyes to this.

In this story (https://m.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/posts/4722540387784086), a Nigerian bride got a car for her husband! In this other story, a Nigerian wife got her husband a Benz to mark their seventh wedding anniversary (https://www.nairaland.com/6742931/nigerian-lady-buys-husband-benz).

Nigerian wives do a lot of stuffs, actually, not just buying cars and airplanes for their husbands. Some pay (or support their husbands to pay) house rents, school fees, hospital bills, etc. If we looked into our lives, we would recall instances when our mothers provided a certain fund we needed.

In d lates 70's women were wonderful but you see now especially in dis buhari era women have actually reduced themselves
Yes reduced their self
Look around you even majority d riches ones among them still get her wealth From a man directly or indirect
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Exxxgeee: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
That soifra better only get married to a politician.. Those are d only men that would accept her like that..

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Kantebets(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
TONYE001:

1. Substance.

2. Ideas.

3. Gifts.

lol
These are qualities our parents dem get
Not ladies of these days who are lazy and got nothing upstairs other than to chop your money
Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Slynation(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
As you can see, you only made mention of very very few examples, which means self acclaimed parasitic slay mamas whom there life goals are owning the latest iPhone and Aba made wigs on their empty skulls are roaming the street of Nigeria causing nuisance and promoting immoralities...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
neonly:

In d lates 70's women were wonderful but you see now especially in dis buhari era women have actually reduced themselves
Yes reduced their self
Look around you even majority d riches ones among them still get her wealth From a man directly or indirect

Some of the examples I cited are from our time. For example, the bride that got her husband a car is a young lady.

Women can also say the same thing you wrote. We now have "slay men" everywhere. Look around you. There are young boys that would not stop until they get quick, dirty wealth. They take extreme steps like duping people, killing others, etc. So, some men have also reduced themselves.

I know some wealthy females around me. They did not get their money from men, directly or Indirectly. I know some wealthy female doctors who work very hard to make their money. I know females that freelance online and have made some good money through this method. Yesterday, my Bolt driver was a female. Very hardworking lady.

3 Likes

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kantebets:
lol
These are qualities our parents dem get
Not ladies of these days who are lazy and got nothing upstairs other than to chop your money

The ladies in my life have these qualities, sir. Some of the examples I cited are young females. I know a whoooollee lot of females that have a lot upstairs. I know a whoooole lot of smart female doctors. Excellent people, I tell you. I know one consultant general surgeon. A wonderful lady. Very young too! She's my teacher. Approachable. Smart. Go on Google and see the great things young Nigerian women are doing.

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Slynation:
As you can see, you only made mention of very very few examples, which means self acclaimed parasitic slay mamas whom there life goals are owning the latest iPhone and Aba made wigs on their empty skulls are roaming the street of Nigeria causing nuisance and promoting immoralities...

I had to stop writing na. There are endless examples online. Abi you want make I write reach 100 pages? Just needed to make the point.

You know all those adjectives in your response are applicable to males too, ba? Abi you no know "parasitic males with empty skulls that only worry about owning the latest phones and cars even though they get same through dubious means?"

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by Slynation(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
TONYE001:

I had to stop writing na. There are endless examples online. Abi you want make I write reach 100 pages? Just needed to make the point.

You know all those adjectives in your response are applicable to males too, ba? Abi you no know "parasitic males with empty skulls that only worry about owning the latest phones and cars even though they get same through dubious means?"
Well, all in all, the focal point is that "if one fails to make use of his/her head, someone else will make use of it on there behalf"

1 Like

Re: What Really do {Nigerian} Women have to Offer? Come in and Find Out. by TONYE001(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
Slynation:
Well, all in all, the focal point is that "if one fails to make use of his/her head, someone else will make use of it on there behalf"

Apt!

Now you're talking.

My point, right from the start, has always been that there are bad eggs everywhere. There are bad males, and there are bad females.

If you fail to use your head, you'd be used by a bad male or female.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Done For Me? / I Am Watching Billionaires Club. .pete Edochie, Tony Umez And Kanayo O Kanayo / Lady Kills Bestfriend After 10 Years For Snatching Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.