Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early (1461 Views)

Is It Advisable For Men To Marry Early Between The Age Of 20-29? / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / Pressure To Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by KellyHilly01: 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
1. Reproduction Is Rigged In Favour Of Youth

This is perhaps the most inarguable fact why marrying early is preferable, and this affects wœmen more because of pregnancy.

Pregnancy is called a “hyperdynamic state”. What this means is that it places a lot of PHYSICAL STRESS on your body, and your body never remains the same after each pregnancy.

Most athletes involved in strenuous physical sports are at their peak in their 20s and early 30s. Most of them retire in their early to mid 30s. It is the same with childbearing. According to Obstetricians, after 34 years, a wœman is regarded as “ADVANCED” in maternal age, with its attendant complications... If you marry early and start procreating early, you will also stop early.

2. The Stress Of Early Parenting

Children are born helpless and hapless. You do every single thing for them. You don't wanna know how your sleep patterns will be disrupted by having a new born baby at home.

Everything about taking care of a child, including school runs and helping to do assignments is stressful and a lot of work. It is better you do these things as a young person, trust me. You don't wanna be in your 50s and be doing school runs for preschoolers and preteenagers. By then some health challenges of age are already creeping in.

3. As You Age, You Lose Your 'Innocence' & Become Set In Ways

It is said that a f00l at 40 is a f00l forever. It simply means that after 40, you're no longer flexible and malleable. Yes.

Marriage involves a lot of compromise and the MOULDING of two lives TOGETHER. For clay to be mouldable, it needs to be wet and flexible. When you're still in your 20s and early 30s, that flexibility is still there. A lot of ADJUSTMENTS can still be made.

As you grow older, you tend to be too rigid and calculative and suspicious of intentions. You tend to be less vulnerable to your partner, which of course is an important ingredient for a sweet intimate relationship.

In your career, you're already made. Your partner never saw you through the PROCESS of how you climbed to the top (if you're at the top). It makes your partner have less SAY or STAKE in your life.

Details here>> https://www.talkvendors.com/2022/09/3-reasons-why-you-should-marry-early.html
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life, all you're thinking of is marriage, and we keep on wondering why Africa is very poor.
KellyHilly01:
Getting into marriage at younger age as a man or woman is actually necessary with numerous benefits. Here, I have outlined below, three reasons why you should marry early.

1. ������������ �� ������ �� ������ �� �����

This is perhaps the most inarguable fact why marrying early is preferable, and this affects wœmen more because of pregnancy.

Pregnancy is called a “hyperdynamic state”. What this means is that it places a lot of PHYSICAL STRESS on your body, and your body never remains the same after each pregnancy.

Most athletes involved in strenuous physical sports are at their peak in their 20s and early 30s. Most of them retire in their early to mid 30s. It is the same with childbearing. According to Obstetricians, after 34 years, a wœman is regarded as “ADVANCED” in maternal age, with its attendant complications... If you marry early and start procreating early, you will also stop early.

2. ��� ������ �� ����� ���������

Children are born helpless and hapless. You do every single thing for them. You don't wanna know how your sleep patterns will be disrupted by having a new born baby at home.

Everything about taking care of a child, including school runs and helping to do assignments is stressful and a lot of work. It is better you do these things as a young person, trust me. You don't wanna be in your 50s and be doing school runs for preschoolers and preteenagers. By then some health challenges of age are already creeping in.

3. �� ��� ���, ��� ���� ���� ‘���������’ & ������ ��� �� ���� ����

It is said that a f00l at 40 is a f00l forever. It simply means that after 40, you're no longer flexible and malleable. Yes.

Marriage involves a lot of compromise and the MOULDING of two lives TOGETHER. For clay to be mouldable, it needs to be wet and flexible. When you're still in your 20s and early 30s, that flexibility is still there. A lot of ADJUSTMENTS can still be made.

As you grow older, you tend to be too rigid and calculative and suspicious of intentions. You tend to be less vulnerable to your partner, which of course is an important ingredient for a sweet intimate relationship.

In your career, you're already made. Your partner never saw you through the PROCESS of how you climbed to the top (if you're at the top). It makes your partner have less SAY or STAKE in your life.

Details here>> https://www.talkvendors.com/2022/09/3-reasons-why-you-should-marry-early.html

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by KanwuliaExtra: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life, all you're thinking of is marriage, and we keep on wondering why Africa is very poor.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Marriage na African Success Factor.

Truly, the only time to get married is WHEN THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS AND PRODUCTIVITY are highest.

It is not about early or late. One false move and you are scarred for LIFE!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
Such comments can really piss me off sometimes.

Marriage is not and can never be an achievement without any financial success.
KanwuliaExtra:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Marriage na African Success Factor.

Truly, the only time to get married is WHEN THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS AND PRODUCTIVITY are highest.

It is not about early or late. One false move and you are scarred for LIFE!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by KanwuliaExtra: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:

Absolutely correct. But very few got married with nothing and still made it or got dumped when it was time to reap the benefits.

Quite a gamble.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
But we Africans need to stop seeing marriage as an achievement and channel our energy on something that's gonna benefit us in the long run before we even consider marriage.
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely correct. But very few got married with nothing and still made it or got dumped when it was time to reap the benefits.

Quite a gamble.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by KanwuliaExtra: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:
But we Africans need to stop seeing marriage as an achievement and channel our energy on something that's gonna benefit us in the long run before we even consider marriage.

But it is a personal choice right?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
It's no longer a personal choice when the person would start nagging to other people on how he or she is struggling to feed his or her family and starts begging others to do the job that he or she is failing to do by asking for financial assistance from others.

It's a personal choice only if the person is able to take care of his or her family without bothering others.
KanwuliaExtra:

But it is a personal choice right?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by sweetman2022: 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Marrying at the most convenient time makes you understand alot about marriage before going into it. I would have live a frustrated life if I had marry earlier in my life because I would have married due to family pressure or fulfilling all righteousness of becoming a married man. I can't count how many premature marriages I have witness and I felt pity for the couples and the family they are raising. Now in my mid thirties, I understand what responsibility and sacrifice I would have to make in my marriage. I understand that my partner must be ready to do same sacrifice with me. Alot I can't explain here to avoid lengthy post. Marriage is not meant for babies to marry babies or teens to marry teens or premature to marry premature. Marriage is something you need to prepare for before going into it. And I am saying this for both gender.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
So those that are not able to marry early, what should they do, kill themselves?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:

What do you want to read on a family section?

Be honest with yourself, have you read any business or investment-related thread today?

What's the current inflation and interest rate in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Everyone will surely give an excuse for their lack of getting married.

Be there, loneliness will still catch you!

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:

"Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life"

There isn't necessarily a contrast between his topic and the topic you highlighted. You saying "Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life" is making it seem like if the topic of the OP is discussed, it stands as opposition to the points in the topic you raised. There isn't necessarily any contrast between the two whether in principle or in practical sense. if the resources are enough and the plans are made right, God willing, people can be young and successful while also marrying early and enjoying all the benefits of that decision or endeavour too.

It's the people that may not be capable of considering early marriage that may now ignore the message of the OP and focus on other things instead.

The OP's advice or message doesn't necessarily have to be taken by EVERYONE but for people who are INTERESTED and have the CAPACITY to run it and such people may exist.

You just attacked the OP without being constructive. You just dismissed all the points as if they are useless.

You even said "ALL you're thinking is marriage"

With due respect ma, that's SO DUMB of you. You're clearly allowing sentiments to affect your logic.

The fact that the OP chose a particular point in time to talk about a particular matter, does that mean that is "ALL" he's thinking about?

Make we dey use our brain now.

If the message of the OP doesn't work for you, that's how many matters are. They don't have to apply or appeal to everyone and that doesn't mean they don't basically make sense.

Leave the message for those who it applies to or those who have the interest and capacity to deal with the message.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Blah blah blah.. grin grin grin

I was gonna take you seriously if you didn't include insults in your argument.. cheesy cheesy

But you just sound like a joke to me.
UnusualEmissary:

"Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life"

There isn't necessarily a contrast between his topic and the topic you highlighted. You saying "Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life" is making it seem like if the topic of the OP is discussed, it stands as opposition to the points in the topic you raised. There isn't necessarily any contrast between the two whether in principle or in practical sense. if the resources are enough and the plans are made right, God willing, people can be young and successful while also marrying early and enjoying all the benefits of that decision or endeavour too.

It's the people that may not be capable of considering early marriage that may now ignore the message of the OP and focus on other things instead.

The OP's advice or message doesn't necessarily have to be taken by EVERYONE but for people who are INTERESTED and have the CAPACITY to run it and such people may exist.

You just attacked the OP without being constructive. You just dismissed all the points as if they are useless.

You even said "ALL you're thinking is marriage"

With due respect ma, that's SO DUMB of you. You're clearly allowing sentiments to affect your logic.

The fact that the OP chose a particular point in time to talk about a particular matter, does that mean that is "ALL" he's thinking about?

Make we dey use our brain now.

If the message of the OP doesn't work for you, that's how many matters are. They don't have to apply or appeal to everyone and that doesn't mean they don't basically make sense.

Leave the message for those who it applies to or those who have the interest and capacity to deal with the message.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
Samantha123:
Blah blah blah.. grin grin grin

I was gonna take you seriously if you didn't include insults in your argument.. cheesy cheesy

But you just sound like a joke to me.

Obviously you have nothing sensible or tangible to contribute

Don't bother manipulating the issue to suit yourself. You didn't "take me seriously" or respond to my points most likely because there's nothing you have to say.

Where's the insult? The part where I said "That's so dumb of You" was an EVALUATION and not necessarily an insult.

It was to mean that there's no sense or point in what you said.

And I even said "with due respect " just so you know I didn't mean to insult you but still you've proven your mind is not advanced enough to reason with such approach or point intended.

The fact that you evaded all the OP's points as well as mine shows you're not worth engaging in a constructive, purposeful and logical deliberation.

So don't bother ma. Enjoy your day or night.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2022
I don't have the energy for you.
UnusualEmissary:

Obviously you have nothing sensible or tangible to contribute

Don't bother manipulating the issue to suit yourself. You didn't "take me seriously" or respond to my points most likely because there's nothing you have to say.

Where's the insult? The part where I said "That's so dumb of You" was an EVALUATION and not necessarily an insult.

It was to mean that there's no sense or point in what you said.

And I even said "with due respect " just so you know I didn't mean to insult you but still you've proven your mind is not advanced enough to reason with such approach or point intended.

The fact that you evaded all the OP's points as well as mine shows you're not worth engaging in a constructive, purposeful and logical deliberation.

So don't bother ma. Enjoy your day or night.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Helpout12345: 12:38am On Sep 27, 2022
Up to the 80s in Africa, many people still married early and were successful.

In western world today, many people interested in marriage still marry early.

So what has changed in Africa that we no longer marry early?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by culf: 3:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:

a lot of marriages are doing well without much finance, stop basing marriage success on finance. Marriage is not a money thing, many rich people today are out if marriage.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by culf: 3:08am On Sep 27, 2022
early marriage is good especially when the kids stated coming early....you grow with your children. You'll get to where people will be asking if your children are your younger ones.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 27, 2022
The bottom line is that marriage is not an achievement, but a decision.
culf:

a lot of marriages are doing well without much finance, stop basing marriage success on finance. Marriage is not a money thing, many rich people today are out if marriage.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by culf: 3:39am On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:

Marriage is an achievement my dear. Marriage is sweet but not easy, it needs effort, sacrifices, work etc for it to work so its an achievement.
Also a lot of folk here will mention money when you talk about marriage as if its the main thing. money is the least thing one need to have a successful marriage and a lot of people are doing well with little amount of money.
Though I must put it that marriage is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Helpout12345: 3:44am On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:

Marriage is a type of success. There are several ways of being successful. Having a working marriage and a stable home is one of them.

Yes. You are looking at it from only financial success. Financial success is not the only way to be successful in life.

There are people that are financially successful but failed in other aspects of life and even end up unhappy up to committing suicide.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by MasterJayJay: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2022
Isaac married at the age of 40.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2022
Sir be honest here, you can't get married without any money.

Firstly, you have to pay a bride price.
Secondly, get money to prepare for the wedding.
Thirdly, after the wedding you have to make sure that there's money for food in the house.
Fourthly, you have to build a house or rent an apartment and this requires money.
Fifth, you can't bring a child in this world as a married person without any source of income, unless you just want your children to suffer.

Same thing should apply us, we should not just sit and wait for a man to come and marry us because we think it's an achievement.
culf:

Marriage is an achievement my dear. Marriage is sweet but not easy, it needs effort, sacrifices, work etc for it to work so its an achievement.
Also a lot of folk here will mention money when you talk about marriage as if its the main thing. money is the least thing one need to have a successful marriage and a lot of people are doing well with little amount of money.
Though I must put it that marriage is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2022
MasterJayJay:
Isaac married at the age of 40.

Isaac died at the old age of 180 years.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2022
Yes, there are rich people who are not married or divorced, why? Because marriage is not an achievement and their lives don't only revolve around just being a married person.

And it's mostly poor married people who committ suicide, leaving their children behind to suffer as if they asked to be brought into this cruel world.

Only those who have failed in life will regard marriage as an achievement instead of seeing it as a decision, which it can be understandable.
Helpout12345:

Marriage is a type of success. There are several ways of being successful. Having a working marriage and a stable home is one of them.

Yes. You are looking at it from only financial success. Financial success is not the only way to be successful in life.

There are people that are financially successful but failed in other aspects of life and even end up unhappy up to committing suicide.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by culf: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Sir be honest here, you can't get married without any money.

Firstly, you have to pay a bride price.
Secondly, get money to prepare for the wedding.
Thirdly, after the wedding you have to make sure that there's money for food in the house.
Fourthly, you have to build a house or rent an apartment and this requires money.
Fifth, you can't bring a child in this world as a married person without any source of income, unless you just want your children to suffer.

Same thing should apply us, we should not just sit and wait for a man to come and marry us because we think it's an achievement.

I partially agreed with most of what you highlighted but Truth be told, one need to have something doing but its not like one should have millions or earning in hundreds of thousands of naira before they marriage. a lot of civil servants earn less than 100k and they are doing well. Marriage is more than just money. Also we should cut our coat according to our clothing, we do unnecessarily things most times especially when it comes to marriage; ladies mostly.
Again you mentioned that ladies should not see marriage as an achieve but maintaining a good marriage is an achievement though. Obviously its wrong to sit down doing nothing expecting to get married, its very wrong, what if such person never get married. Though for some people marriage is top priority in their to do list and to such persons they might see it as an achievement and you can't blame such of them, whatever makes one fulfilled should be an achievement (come to think of it, some are super rich, doing great but can't find good spouse for themselves,so one should give his/herself a little thumbs up for finding one).
what I don't like is shoving it on people, it shouldn't be so.
#Good morning.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2022
It's not a crime if a person is never married, some don't want to get married.

And as long as a lot of people see it as an achievement, they'll keep shoving it on the others because this is Africa where people don't know what it means to mind their business.

But I guess at the end of the day we're all entitled to our own opinions.
culf:

I partially agreed with most of what you highlighted but Truth be told, one need to have something doing but its not like one should have millions or earning in hundreds of thousands of naira before they marriage. a lot of civil servants earn less than 100k and they are doing well. Marriage is more than just money. Also we should cut our coat according to our clothing, we do unnecessarily things most times especially when it comes to marriage; ladies mostly.
Again you mentioned that ladies should not see marriage as an achieve but maintaining a good marriage is an achievement though. Obviously its wrong to sit down doing nothing expecting to get married, its very wrong, what if such person never get married. Though for some people marriage is top priority in their to do list and to such persons they might see it as an achievement and you can't blame such of them, whatever makes one fulfilled should be an achievement (come to think of it, some are super rich, doing great but can't find good spouse for themselves,so one should give his/herself a little thumbs up for finding one).
what I don't like is shoving it on people, it shouldn't be so.
#Good morning.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by MasterJayJay: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2022
Acidosis:

Isaac died at the old age of 180 years.

The topic is about getting married, not dying.

Isaac married two wives, so let everyone marry two wives too?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2022
MasterJayJay:

The topic is about getting married, not dying.

Isaac married two wives, so let everyone marry two wives too?

I don't evaluate issues in isolation. 40 is not an ideal age to get married in a society where the average life expectancy is 54 years.

Isaac lived 180 years, the average Nigerian man today will die before 70.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by MasterJayJay: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2022
Acidosis:

I don't evaluate issues in isolation. 40 is not an ideal age to get married in a society where the average life expectancy is 54 years.

Isaac lived 180 years, the average Nigerian man today will die before 70.

You already evaluated it in isolation. Did you consider if the 30 year old man is financially buoyant to take care of a family?
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
MasterJayJay:

You already evaluated it in isolation. Did you consider if the 30 year old man is financially buoyant to take care of a family?

Did you consider the fact that the 40 year old man may not be financially buoyant to take care of a family?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reply / Why Do Most Fathers Die Before Mothers? / Aso-ebi Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.