Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early (1527 Views)

This Is The Type Of Woman Every Man Should Marry / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / Pressure To Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by MasterJayJay: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
Acidosis:

Did you consider the fact that the 40 year old man may not be financially buoyant to take care of a family?

I didn't cite Isaac case as a standard for everyone.

My point is people should marry when they are ready.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by DBestDoc(f): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2022
Well, i think marriage is a form of achievement just like getting a degree is and building a house is, however, not everyone can achieve every single thing in their lifetime. Some people get a degree in their 20s, others earlier or later. Some other people marry in their 20s, others earlier or later. It’s all achievements depending on who’s looking and from what angle.

That talk about marriage not being an achievement isn’t true. Humans are naturally social beings and that desire for companionship is inherent in us whether we like it or not even though in the end, not everyone will ACHIEVE marriage because it’s not for EVERYONE to achieve just like not every human will own a house before they die. This is life.

If you find yourself marrying late, that’s your luck and it’s ok, if you marry early, it’s ok too and if you don’t ever marry, well well, better be good to people and surround yourself with good people because a time will come when you’ll need people and not even money per se.

Bottom line is, we all need good people in our lives, people we can call OUR OWN. Partner, child, we need people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
But you can't enjoy that same marriage without any money, so where's is the achievement in that
DBestDoc:
Well, i think marriage is a form of achievement just like getting a degree is and building a house is, however, not everyone can achieve every single thing in their lifetime. Some people get a degree in their 20s, others earlier or later. Some other people marry in their 20s, others earlier or later. It’s all achievements depending on who’s looking and from what angle.

That talk about marriage not being an achievement isn’t true. Humans are naturally social beings and that desire for companionship is inherent in us whether we like it or not even though in the end, not everyone will ACHIEVE marriage because it’s not for EVERYONE to achieve just like not every human will own a house before they die. This is life.

If you find yourself marrying late, that’s your luck and it’s ok, if you marry early, it’s ok too and if you don’t ever marry, well well, better be good to people and surround yourself with good people because a time will come when you’ll need people and not even money per se.

Bottom line is, we all need good people in our lives, people we can call OUR OWN. Partner, child, we need people.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by DBestDoc(f): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
MasterJayJay:

I didn't cite Isaac case as a standard for everyone.

My point is people should marry when they are ready.

You’re right by saying people should marry when they are ready. But the readiness part is so misconstrued by lots of people, leading to perpetual time wasting.

Money and age alone shouldn’t define readiness though. The fact that Mr A is 20 doesn’t mean he’s not ready for marriage and Mr B being 40 doesn’t define his readiness. Ms A having a good job shouldn’t mean she’s ripe for it and Ms B managing her basic finances doesn’t also mean she can’t do marriage.

Age and money should be the least of things considered sha.

Two intelligent, smart and visionary young people in their early 20s earning minimum wage can go into marriage and create themselves a beautiful home within 5yrs if they’re in sync and progressive. Most of our parents started that way.

These days young people are all about sex sex, abortion, cheating, going to school to study one useless course like that and wasting their gaddam time and when they hit 28, they rush and marry for the sake of getting married while cheating on their spouses, acting like fools and raising children with poor morals.

This matter is about Values and it’s difficult to find people whose values align. Mad man want marry better woman, olosho want marry decent guy. Decent girl meet crazy guy, good guy is scared to enter one chance while tilting towards 40 grin

Some sane ones are lucky to meet sane people and settle though!
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by DBestDoc(f): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
But you can't enjoy that same marriage without any money, so where's is the achievement in that

Is there really any RESPONSIBLE adult without any money??

I’m thinking aloud. You may not be rich but you must have money to take care of your day to day needs.

And yeah, this is the basic requirement, not wealth or riches. Have something decent doing that pays your bills and cut your coat according to your materials while at it.

If some of these self made wealthy people tell you where they started ee. From rock bottom lowest of lows
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
It was only during the days of our ancestors that adults were seen to be responsible even without money, but now things have changed.. your pockets must speak for you..

That's why a person must make sure that he or she is financially stable before he or she considers marriage.
DBestDoc:

Is there really any RESPONSIBLE adult without any money??

I’m thinking aloud. You may not be rich but you must have money to take care of your day to day needs.

And yeah, this is the basic requirement, not wealth or riches. Have something decent doing that pays your bills and cut your coat according to your materials while at it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
DBestDoc:

This matter is about Values and it’s difficult to find people whose values align. Mad man want marry better woman, olosho want marry decent guy. Decent girl meet crazy guy, good guy is scared to enter one chance while tilting towards 40 grin

Absolutely
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
It was only during the days of our ancestors that adults were seen to be responsible even without money, but now things have changed.. your pockets must speak for you..

That's why a person must make sure that he or she is financially stable before he or she considers marriage.

If marriage is primarily about money, why did you break up with your ex(es)? I'm sure some (if not all) can comfortably take care of you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
Why do you say that? grin grin
Acidosis:

If marriage is primarily about money, why did you break up with your ex(es)? I'm sure some (if not all) can comfortably take care of you.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Why do you say that? grin grin

Yes na. I'm sure you must have dumped one or two exes in the past for reasons related to character, attitude towards the relationship, etc.

The decision to marry and remain married is primarily about values, my dear.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Baronthecelebri: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Instead of listening 3 ways on how to be young and successful in life, all you're thinking of is marriage, and we keep on wondering why Africa is very poor.
don't mind that bastard
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
Or it may be because I wasn't financially stable and was still looking for a way to make it in life..
Acidosis:

Yes na. I'm sure you must have dumped one or two exes in the past for reasons related to character, attitude towards the relationship, etc.

The decision to marry and remain married is primarily about values, my dear.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Neptunium(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
If you see marriage as an achievement for yourself, then that's your own thing. But don't generalize for everybody- there are people who don't want to get married or don't want kids - for these people it's not an achievement. Allow people to define for themselves. Not everyone wants the same thing
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
Or it may be because I wasn't financially stable and was still looking for a way to make it in life..

Possibly...
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by culf: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
Samantha123:
It's not a crime if a person is never married, some don't want to get married.

And as long as a lot of people see it as an achievement, they'll keep shoving it on the others because this is Africa where people don't know what it means to mind their business.

But I guess at the end of the day we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Agreed, some people don't want marriage and its very fine. Honestly I respect people that decides never to marriage, its better than going into it unprepared or unequipped
I have said it before that I don't like people being coerce to marriage. I don't think the coercing is because people see marriage as an achievement, I think the problem is majorly from parents and relatives but I think that too is gradually reducing.
Yes we are entitled to our opinions but non is perfect, we learnt everyday and me, personally, i'm always open (eager to learn and hear other people's idea).
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early by Jman06(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
Even with financial success, marriage is total rubbish. It should not be any sane person's priority neither should it stop anybody from pursuing better life goals like getting sound education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Simply Cultural Differences: Or Something Else? / On Househelps / MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.