Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

On Househelps - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Househelps (1524 Views)

Operation No To Househelps 2014 / Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps? / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Househelps by mfonemana(f): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2007
Help ladies I need advice. I need a househelp soon. I have been a sit at home mum for a while now, and need to start work. Please advice on where to look. I don't care where she comes from, as long as she is God-fearing, decent, respectful, hardworking and able to communicate in English. Thanks in advance.
Re: On Househelps by almondjoy(f): 12:59am On Nov 28, 2007
Goodluck! kiss
Re: On Househelps by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:52am On Nov 28, 2007

Be careful oh because most househelps can't be trusted with kids, they molests the innocent children, and some househelp are full with evil minds/plans

Goodluck with your search but the best househelp are the omo togo/ those ones that sells beans
Re: On Househelps by mfonemana(f): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2007
Please how do I get the omo togos? I prefer big girls o (from 18), make them no come catch me for child trafficking o! Please advise dear lady nairalanders. Thanks for the advice so far.
Re: On Househelps by seunspice(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2007
I believe the bet nannies are older women, my friend has made use of girls in your age description from Togo severally without much luck until she changed for an older woman. They might be quite expensive but you would be sure of a very good hand on your kid.
i would link you guys up if you do not mind
Re: On Househelps by olanajim(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2007
Why not get your younger sibbling to stay with you? Househelp is not someone you get on the street. She must be someone you can trust.
Re: On Househelps by seunspice(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2007
olanajim:

Why not get your younger sibbling to stay with you? Househelp is not someone you get on the street. She must be someone you can trust.
That is another very good idea that could be exploited, nothing as good as using your family in this issues really ,
Re: On Househelps by yimiton(f): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
I agree that your younger ones are the best bet but they'll have to go to school that's why the Togolais who do it for the money come in handy.

I'm not comfortable with maids at all. No matter how well you treat them, somehow, they still can't be trusted.

If you stay in Lagos and work late, I'll advice you to look for a very good day care, there are some very good ones in V.I. but they are pretty expensive. They charge and average of 100,000 for 3 months. Choose one that operates an open door policy where you can walk in anytime and check on your child.

It's pretty tedious but I think it's the best. Your child gets to mix up and people friendly at a very young age and mixes up with the right set of children.

Goodluck!
Re: On Househelps by ifyalways(f): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
goodluck lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: On Househelps by olanajim(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2007
Yimiton,
Don't tell we you ll take my nephew to one of those places you mentioned. I'd rather do the papi, than let the innocent mingle with sharks no matter how much they are charging.
Re: On Househelps by olanajim(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2007
Yimiton,
Don't tell me you ll take my nephew to one of those places you mentioned. I'd rather do the papi, than let the innocent mingle with sharks no matter how much they are charging.
Re: On Househelps by janami(f): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
a 100k for three months---? kai. house maids cnt be trusted especially the ones above 16(new wife), just pray for God's leading sha, a family member staying in the village might come in handy. who says all of them wants to go to school? my distant cousin wld run away from home rather than go to school grin
Re: On Househelps by mfonemana(f): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
Dear Yimiton, I honestly don't mind your idea, but I can't afford it right now. Besides I live in Ikorodu. Too far. Thanks all d same sis.

Pls Seunspice, how expensive are these older ladies, n do they go home afterwards? My location may be a problem too. What do you think?

My younger siblings are all big men, off to school or work. My only sis is not around these parts. Thanks girls, really appreciate your contributions. Pls keep them coming.
Re: On Househelps by mfonemana(f): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
Sorry guys, just realized you are part of this too. Appreciate you all too. Bless you.
Re: On Househelps by mfonemana(f): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2007
My people, could it be that you have abandoned me? Please don't o! Really need your help. Dear Seunspice, please link me up like you said, with these older women. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Men Mistreat/blame Women When They Are Financially Broke? / Husbands Are To Be Blamed For Non-provision Of A Male Issue In The Family! / Help! Help!! Help!!! Am In Love With My Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.