Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (34813 Views)

My Maize Farm Journey / My Pig Farm Journey / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
kay29000:

Okay. All the best.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
We have lost more than 30 of 400. But we'll be in this for many years, God's willing. This is our day 10. The 2nd bag of feed will be completed tomorrow.

https://youtube.com/shorts/v7YriLQDG-o?feature=share

6 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Nitoriolohun1: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2022
idrisaleo1:

200 in one litre or so. I will have to ask. We followed the vaccination plans nio.
There are ways lasota is administered and also gumboro..

How many dose did you give to them?

Don't administer lasota when the weather is hot so I advise early morning or late evening

Addasachet milk to the mix up for easy absorption...

By the way for a first time farmer 400 birds is much for you ...
Success anyways !!!

11 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2022
Nitoriolohun1:

Don't administer lasota when the weather is hot so I advise early morning or late evening

Success anyways !!!

Thank you, boss.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by KpakpaJulaga: 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Thank you, boss.
How are they doing now? any mortality?

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
KpakpaJulaga:
How are they doing now? any mortality?

They are getting better. Still one or two mortalities. We started losing them in numbers after the vaccine. No death today but there were two yesterday.

Attached is the mortality record.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nitoriolohun1:

Success anyways !!!

Decided to do 400 cos I felt it would be a waste of time raising small amount for 4/5 months. Guess I have been greedy. But this isn't the first time sha. Raised broilers and cockerel at a time and they did really well.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Hadsty23(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/4930126/kuroiler-birds-day-old

Refer to this for more information... it might help!

4 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
Hadsty23:
https://www.nairaland.com/4930126/kuroiler-birds-day-old

Refer to this for more information... it might help!

Thank you. Ayaf finished reading the thread o.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
Our day 11. Happy with their agility, the deaths leave much to be desired.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZWr9geHH020?feature=share

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Hadsty23(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Where are you located in Ilorin sir?
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Hadsty23:
Where are you located in Ilorin sir?

Oloje, behind lawyer Lambo and Zulu block industry.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by ahmedio2017(m): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Your WhatsApp number?
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by ahmedio2017(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Your WhatsApp number?
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2022
ahmedio2017:

Your WhatsApp number?

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by ahmedio2017(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
Pls I need noiler buyers

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
We just made the floor

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
This is us at Day 18..we are turning up alhamdulillah...We will be three weeks on Sunday. Five bags gone.��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
We now have beautiful feathers but we too deh poopoo....Day 19!!!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/QAQSsoS2SBw?feature=share

4 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by PapalsBull(m): 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
idrisaleo1:
We now have beautiful feathers but we too deh poopoo....Day 19!!!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/QAQSsoS2SBw?feature=share
Start making use of rice husk or wood shaving as litter. imagine the amount of paper you have wasted. I have pullets currently at week 2, i switch to rice husk when they were 10 old.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
PapalsBull:
Start making use of rice husk or wood shaving as litter. imagine the amount of paper you have wasted. I have pullets currently at week 2, i switch to rice husk when they were 10 old.

Yes boss. We have indeed wasted papers �. We'll be taking them to a bigger facility soon and we hope to use sand as our litter. I hope that's okay.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by PapalsBull(m): 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Yes boss. We have indeed wasted papers �. We'll be taking them to a bigger facility soon and we hope to use sand as our litter. I hope that's okay.
If you have access to rice husk or wood shaving, it will be better than sand. These materials are light and easier to clear.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
PapalsBull:
If you have access to rice husk or wood shaving, it will be better than sand. These materials are light and easier to clear.

Na the expense deh give me headache o. And I think sand absorbs their poos better. I don't plan to clean for at least six months. I hope to have enough sand. Like two truckloads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by kay29000(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Na the expense deh give me headache o. And I think sand absorbs their poos better. I don't plan to clean for at least six months. I hope to have enough sand. Like two truckloads.

2 truck load of sand?? Whoa! That's a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
kay29000:

2 truck load of sand?? Whoa! That's a lot.

This farm up guy on YouTube has very deep litters. And he plans not to change them. I hope to replicate that.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by kay29000(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
idrisaleo1:

This farm up guy on YouTube has very deep litters. And he plans not to change them. I hope to replicate that.

Okay then.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by FarmTech(m): 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
idrisaleo1:

You better use sawdust. With lactobacillus serum, you can control the smell.

4 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 6:52am On Oct 18, 2022
FarmTech:

You better use sawdust. With lactobacillus serum, you can control the smell.

What are the disadvantages to using sand?

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by sofeo(m): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2022
Congratulations and keep it up bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet / Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale. / Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.