Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (35004 Views)

My Maize Farm Journey / My Pig Farm Journey / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

400 birds is not much , I started with 2,500 birds I knew nothing, was just careful with the birds health.

That's super cool. If one treats this as a serious business, it can be enriching in the end. But there are some that started with 2 and have a successful farm now. Make God bless whatever we lay our hands unto.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Stop any form is medication for now, only vitamins and fresh water.

That's long ago bro. They are doing better now. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by olab059(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Go to any timber around you, they will give you Wood peelers for free , use your empty bag feed to the timber to convey them to your farm.

Free ke? That thing is GOLD here in Ibadan, I don't know about any other place in Naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2022
ufotunang:
Ok that is nice....but I heard that before one wants to go into poultry farming bussiness...the person must first go into training in the poultry farming and bussiness...so I am just asking did you go for any training or

I raised some broilers and cockerel while still in school, but I left that long ago. I'm still a complete novice and I didn't go for any classes. We rely on our experience and those of others.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by olab059(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Would have loved to do that. But na feed money I de look for now. I won't deceive you.

Omo! Make sure you keep feed money for one side o. I remember when I started with 100 birds like 7 years ago. It got to a point, I was fasting, just so my birds would eat, cos I was short on cash, and those birds eat like crazy. Chai! That was one crazy time in my life.

5 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by SouthySoil: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
4-5 drinkers shud b OK for now.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

Apart from money spent on the building where you're housing them, what's the total money you have spent to get the 400 birds and for their upkeep so far?

100+ feeding got 12 bags of ultima starter and grower

19500 per carton... We got 8

10k+ for medication

Those are what I can remember for now...

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Burchester:

Site name ?

Greenphields o...it's in Ibadan.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Go to any timber around you, they will give you Wood peelers for free , use your empty bag feed to the timber to convey them to your farm.

Everyone knows the trick now. I guess you buy everything.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
Osanoghodua1:
Lasota is administered early in the morning, and usually drank once not lasting for long Mayne highest 2hrs. Birds are starved of water the day of administration. The left over water is to be buried or thrown to a far place.

We did o. But they said they were too weak to have vaccines at the time.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2022
nickyvil:
How can you give 400 birds 200dose of gumboro, at most 500dose will be okay cos you have 15 turkey extra.

Is dosage not water dependent? And sorry, they couldn't deliver the turkey. So, we have no turkeys.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by olab059(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

100+ feeding got 12 bags of ultima starter and grower

19500 per carton... We got 8

10k+ for medication

Those are what I can remember for now...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
Msmither:

Contains germs I think and it's easy for botfly to lay eggs in. I remember my rabbits and dog getting severe botfly infection just from sand.

Hmmm...may we not waste money o. How about using rice husk or wood shaving on top of the sand?
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

Get empty bottle water container, fill it with water, and put on top of the drinkers. Or, if you can find schnapps bottle, that would be a good option too. For the feeders, you have to find a way to hang it from a high point...so, that it is suspended, and dangling, and not on the floor.

Thanks a whole bunch.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

Omo! Make sure you keep feed money for one side o. I remember when I started with 100 birds like 7 years ago. It got to a point, I was fasting, just so my birds would eat, cos I was short on cash, and those birds eat like crazy. Chai! That was one crazy time in my life.

I mean that's always been my worry. I want to buy feed for three months on the minimum, hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by rizeddy: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
organicfoods:
Sorry for this... We have actually developed some herbal products that will enable you grow these birds without the use of vaccination and synthetic drugs. I will be giving you some for free if you are intrested and mortality will stop immediately.

These birds like the ISA brown will be highly susceptible to Newcastle and Gumboro, unfortunately there are no known drugs that handles these except for vaccines. But have developed herbal formulation to help out that's highly effective.

I highly recommend these organic products, used them on my birds and the result is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-cEqIKW64I
Check the video also, you will find it very valuable going forward.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by brandsoncharlie: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Everyone knows the trick now. I guess you buy everything.
I was getting mine free in port harcourt because the timber I got it from , was too stressful for them to discard it and it was an added cost for them to find Laborers to discard it.
Why would anyone want to even sell that thing self when they help you to discard it for poultry farms?
I even gave free manures to crop farmers to use for planting maize, water leaves, vegetables etc because they help you to discard the excesses.
no be everything them Dey sell.

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by etrange: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
Farming is both fun and lucrative.

When I was a kid, there was a chick depot near our house. They sold in cartons, but I was able to buy one for N 15. When I got home, the little thing started following me everywhere I went. It was probably hungry and couldn't eat what I was feeding it. I can't remember what happened to it eventually, but I remember people laughing when they saw us together. If I weren't into tech, I'd probably be into animal husbandry. I like taking care of animals.

Nice one, OP. Good luck!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by olab059(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

I mean that's always been my worry. I want to buy feed for three months on the minimum, hopefully.

Good idea. Or at least, for 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by olab059(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
etrange:

When I was a kid, there was a chick depot near our house. They sold in cartons, but I was able to buy one for N 15. When I got home, the little thing started following me everywhere I go. It was probably hungry and couldn't eat what I was feeding it. I can't remember what happened to it eventually, but I remember people laughing when they saw us together. If I weren't into tech, I'd probably be into animal husbandry. I like taking care of animals.

Nice one, OP. Good luck!

This your story reminded of when I was doing my youth service in a village in th east, and I was bored, so I went to the market to buy two chicks. I thought they were agric...but later found out they were local. They started following me everywhere. Imagine walking around your corpers lodge to see all your friends, and two black chicks following you about. Even when I would be gisting with friends or playing whot with friends, they will come and sit on my head or shoulder. lol! They thought I was their mother. grin

Unfortunately, they followed me to see one of my friends one day, and while waiting outside, they ate ants that had been killed with Sniper, and it killed them. It was so heartbreaking...I had bonded with them so much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by jinka(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
How can I start this poultry farm
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by wolebest: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:
More pictures.…....

We have sadly lost 3 birds some hours after their arrival....

Please make sure your birds are vaccinated. Vaccination is critical to mitigating unnecessary deaths of chicks.

Get a Vet Doctor onboard your journey.

God bless your effort.

See you at the top in the next 4- months. They will be good and ready for Easter, particularly the Cockrels.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by organicfoods(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Bro no money for now jare...just bought the sand yesterday. Hoping to see how this pans out...
Sand is actually OK... You can cultivate microbes it to build beneficial microbes... Please use more of it.

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by etrange: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

This your story reminded of when I was doing my youth service in a village in th east, and I was bored, so I went to the market to buy two chicks. I thought they were agric...but later found out they were local. They started following me everywhere. Imagine walking around your corpers lodge to see all your friends, and two black chicks following you about. Even when I would be gisting with friends or playing whot with friends, they will come and sit on my head or shoulder. lol! They thought I was their mother. grin

Unfortunately, they followed me to see one of my friends one day, and while waiting outside, they ate ants that had been killed with Sniper, and it killed them. It was so heartbreaking...I had bonded with them so much.

@bolded, I wonder your reaction when you found out. grin And yes, they instinctively follow thier caretaker. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

I was getting mine free in port harcourt because the timber I got it from , was too stressful for them to discard it and it was an added cost for them to find Laborers to discard it.
Why would anyone want to even sell that thing self when they help you to discard it for poultry farms?
I even gave free manures to crop farmers to use for planting maize, water leaves, vegetables etc because they help you to discard the excesses.
no be everything them Dey sell.

Thats the ideal thing to do, it isn't always like that in reality. Keep being good.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
etrange:

When I was a kid, there was a chick depot near our house. They sold in cartons, but I was able to buy one for N 15. When I got home, the little thing started following me everywhere I go. It was probably hungry and couldn't eat what I was feeding it. I can't remember what happened to it eventually, but I remember people laughing when they saw us together. If I weren't into tech, I'd probably be into animal husbandry. I like taking care of animals.

Nice one, OP. Good luck!

Thank you. I have always loved animals too. Forced my dad to buy me a hen. I can remember the night I went to pick it up....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

So sorry about that. I can only keep as pets animals that I can eat. It wouldn't be advisable to eat this one sha....lol

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
jinka:
How can I start this poultry farm

Watch YouTube. Guys like the Ugandan FarmUp, our brother DIY Agric, and Dexter's World will teach you all you need to know. Read and if you can afford it, go for training. If you wouldn't do any of those, subscribe to Rear and Care and let's do this trial and error till we all succeed. Follow this thread closely, too. We hope to give this all we have.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
wolebest:

Please make sure your birds are vaccinated. Vaccination is critical to mitigating unnecessary deaths of chicks.

Get a Vet Doctor onboard your journey.

God bless your effort.

See you at the top in the next 4- months. They will be good and ready for Easter, particularly the Cockrels.

Aamin. We shall be seeking professional support as we journey forward. We hope to start receiving fertile eggs we can hatch in the next four months. The plan is to, first, increase the number of birds.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by nickyvil: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Is dosage not water dependent? And sorry, they couldn't deliver the turkey. So, we have no turkeys.

Its not water dependent.. You calculate by the total birds you have that is why its in dosage. That is why there is no 1 dosage now. 100 birds will take 100 dosage, 200 birds will take 200 dosage e.t.c now this is what I do to be on a safer side.. If I'm taking 400birds I will give 500 dosages so the extra can start for any replacement or lose.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
organicfoods:
Sand is actually OK... You can cultivate microbes it to build beneficial microbes... Please use more of it.

Thank you so much. Appreciate that.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
nickyvil:

Its not water dependent.. You calculate by the total birds you have that is why its in dosage. That is why there is no 1 dosage now. 100 birds will take 100 dosage, 200 birds will take 200 dosage e.t.c now this is what I do to be on a safer side.. If I'm taking 400birds I will give 500 dosages so the extra can start for any replacement or lose.

That's a good idea. I always think that once each chick has the chance to take a gulp, the dosage matters little. Insofar as you mix the correct dosage with the needed amount of water....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.