Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (34863 Views)

My Maize Farm Journey / My Pig Farm Journey / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by nickyvil: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
No, each dosage equivalent to a chick, that is why each dosage must be use appropriately.

idrisaleo1:

That's a good idea. I always think that once each chick has the chance to take a gulp, the dosage matters little. Insofar as you mix the correct dosage with the needed amount of water....

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by babavik: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Ordered on greenphields website...
Please, you mean Afrimash??

When i checked greenphields website Afrimash came up.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by ufotunang: 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

I raised some broilers and cockerel while still in school, but I left that long ago. I'm still a complete novice and I didn't go for any classes. We rely on our experience and those of others.
..ok I think it's better you go for the training on this poultry farming bussiness...so you can have more knowledge, skills on how to take care of the chickens until they are big ( hen, cock) ..and healthy for sell...those chickens can easily catch diseases or get sick as you mentioned above 9 chickens have already died....so that is why you need the training so that you can know how to keep them treat and prevent them from these diseases, infections or death......so that you do not run in a lose...they are drugs these chickens normally take to remain healthy and strong...so it's not an easy bussiness...you need to go into training first or you can get or employ a person that has more knowledge and skills about the poultry farm bussiness..an expert in poultry farming to be teaching you in your poultry farm

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

cheesy

Where did you get the chickens from?
I got them from a woman here 4 months ago, 2 males and 2 females. I lost one female to cold, the other female has layed 12 eggs, I gave the 12 eggs to one of my frizzle to brood

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
olab059:

What kind of chicken are these?
They are frizzle feathered chicken. Bought a carton of noilers on December 13th 2021, I met 2 frizzle, sold the rest and decided to keep the 2. They grew to maturity one was male and the other is a female, they have been laying and not brooding the eggs. I later gave 5 out of its eggs to a female turkey, she hatched the 5 with 3 turkey. 3/5 are frizzle and the other 2 are straight feather. Just two weeks ago, their mother started brooding some eggs, it was an emergency cos I wasn't expecting it, so I gave her turkey and naked neck eggs

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Have always been fascinated by this. I hope we have some of them.
I will surely have some very soon, I have given some of it eggs to one of my frizzle

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

You mean only this breed?
I play to cross frizzle with frizzle, them frizzle with naked neck. I can't wait to see the result before the end of November

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is the mother frizzle brooding some eggs

4 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by richiepolymer(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:
This is a thread to document our journey raising Kuroilers. And we would appreciate you being with us.

See attached for a glimpse of our expenditure so far....

Pray for us. We just received the day old, 400 chicks today.

Most times, mortality of these birds is due to the hatchery where they come from. I’ve seen chicks that came from a hatchery and their growth and health was intact even though they were handled by a rookie. I’ve also seen experienced poultry farmers loose a lot of their birds despite handling them well. Be careful where you buy your chicks from. Some diseases na follow come smiley
Meanwhile, I think the Lasota you gave your birds was just too early.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by RichieMichie: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Na the expense deh give me headache o. And I think sand absorbs their poos better. I don't plan to clean for at least six months. I hope to have enough sand. Like two truckloads.

You can use wood shavings up to a year with proper litter management. Make a litter dept of not less than 4inches, don't overcrowd, ensure your pen is not enclosed but well ventilated, pack out water spillage immediately. Your pen construction should not be more than 2 coaches for proper ventilation. The reason farmers have litter problems that eventually cause diseases and smell is because they are always managing wood shavings lol. I know some areas it's not free but purchased, but investing on your litter will save you a whole lot of stress. The bulk of poultry disease comes from bad litter. Have a very dry litter with good ventilation and disease outbreak will be very minimal. Also spacing. Having 6" litter dept ain't enough if you're going to overcrowd. The litter would quickly form cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLQSm-Iq5Ng

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
There are the naked neck

3 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is a frazzle feather, it's different from frizzle feathered

2 Likes

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by DrDax: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

How true is the notion that they survive better and are stronger than Broilers? They shocked me the first few days of their arrival oo. Looking settled now...we thank God.

I do not know much about Kuroilers.

Infact I'm reading up.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
nickyvil:
No, each dosage equivalent to a chick, that is why each dosage must be use appropriately.

Alright boss. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
babavik:

Please, you mean Afrimash??

When i checked greenphields website Afrimash came up.

I mean this

https://grinphield.com/product/commercial-day-old-kuroiler-chicks/

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Michelle70(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:
This is a thread to document our journey raising Kuroilers. And we would appreciate you being with us.

See attached for a glimpse of our expenditure so far....

Pray for us. We just received the day old, 400 chicks today.

thanks for this.

Pls will it be possible to create thread of all ur expenses just before the birds reach POL?

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by bablon20(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
Make sure they don't by any means eat their shit, at this stage they won't survive it if they mistakenly eat their shits because it's poisonous to them.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by nickyvil: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Your welcome.

idrisaleo1:

Alright boss. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
ufotunang:
..ok I think it's better you go for the training on this poultry farming bussiness...so you can have more knowledge, skills on how to take care of the chickens until they are big ( hen, cock) ..and healthy for sell...those chickens can easily catch diseases or get sick as you mentioned above 9 chickens have already died....so that is why you need the training so that you can know how to keep them treat and prevent them from these diseases, infections or death......so that you do not run in a lose...they are drugs these chickens normally take to remain healthy and strong...so it's not an easy bussiness...you need to go into training first or you can get or employ a person that has more knowledge and skills about the poultry farm bussiness..an expert in poultry farming to be teaching you in your poultry farm

Thanks boss. I have someone guiding me. And I make use of expert opinion when it's needed.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Redomi:
I got them from a woman here 4 months ago, 2 males and 2 females. I lost one female to cold, the other female has layed 12 eggs, I gave the 12 eggs to one of my frizzle to brood

That's really nice. One thing that makes me do this is the ability to expand if grace finds you. If the 12 hatches, how many you go dash me?��
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
Redomi:
They are frizzle feathered chicken. Bought a carton of noilers on December 13th 2021, I met 2 frizzle, sold the rest and decided to keep the 2. They grew to maturity one was male and the other is a female, they have been laying and not brooding the eggs. I later gave 5 out of its eggs to a female turkey, she hatched the 5 with 3 turkey. 3/5 are frizzle and the other 2 are straight feather. Just two weeks ago, their mother started brooding some eggs, it was an emergency cos I wasn't expecting it, so I gave her turkey and naked neck eggs

Beautiful. I heard they can learn to brood if helped. Hope they come out good.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Redomi:
I play to cross frizzle with frizzle, them frizzle with naked neck. I can't wait to see the result before the end of November

I pray they come out good. It's always nice to have different breeds on the farm. Apart from the business side, I enjoy watching them.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=richiepolymer post=117674108][/quote]

Na the manual we followed o. It's undoubtedly too early. That's one mistake that wouldn't repeat itself. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
RichieMichie:

You can use wood shavings up to a year with proper litter management. Make a litter dept of not less than 4inches, don't overcrowd, ensure your pen is not enclosed but well ventilated, pack out water spillage immediately. Your pen construction should not be more than 2 coaches for proper ventilation. The reason farmers have litter problems that eventually cause diseases and smell is because they are always managing wood shavings lol. I know some areas it's not free but purchased, but investing on your litter will save you a whole lot of stress. The bulk of poultry disease comes from bad litter. Have a very dry litter with good ventilation and disease outbreak will be very minimal. Also spacing. Having 6" litter dept ain't enough if you're going to overcrowd. The litter would quickly form cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLQSm-Iq5Ng

Thanks for this contribution. Points well noted. We manage the unlimited resources that we have nio. I spent 12k for one truck and transport. It's that cheap cos it's not the regular truck. These were done by some hustling guys. I'll be adding two more cos the two truckloads initially budgeted don't look like they're going to be enough. We felt sand is the cheapest and we'll be going for that. Thank you for once again.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
DrDax:

I do not know much about Kuroilers.

Infact I'm reading up.

Aiit boss. If you find anything interesting, kindly share with the house, please.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
Michelle70:
thanks for this.

Pls will it be possible to create thread of all ur expenses just before the birds reach POL?

I will be updating everything here God's willing.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2022
bablon20:
Make sure they don't by any means eat their shit, at this stage they won't survive it if they mistakenly eat their shits because it's poisonous to them.

We'll try. Thank you.
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
We moved them today to the bigger coop.

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by idrisaleo1: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Our litter get as e be oo. We will need more and more sand...
Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

That's really nice. One thing that makes me do this is the ability to expand if grace finds you. If the 12 hatches, how many you go dash me?��
Your location will determine that boss

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by ufotunang: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

Thanks boss. I have someone guiding me. And I make use of expert opinion when it's needed.
...ok no problem....I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. by Redomi(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
idrisaleo1:

I pray they come out good. It's always nice to have different breeds on the farm. Apart from the business side, I enjoy watching them.
Same here, I'm always happy waking up seeing those naked neck and frizzle. I can't wait to see both breed in one bird. I mean frizzle naked neck birds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale. / 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet / Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.