Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation (18789 Views)

6 Steps Before Dropping Your Resignation / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by motta(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

It is mostly 2 weeks notice or 1 month. Anything above 1 month is unusual
a well established company can't be 2 weeks or 1 month

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by plantainbender(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
LOL. I've had my fair share of "well established companies" and the norm is usually 2weeks and 4weeks for non-management staff and management staff respectively.

motta:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Wwwq: 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by dosage150(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2022
dfrost:

Always read through before signing the dotted lines. Don't rush. Read well and get a second/lawyer's opinion in case of doubt.

On 2, run.

On 3, don't burn bridges. Wait it out if you must.

Congratulations man.
This will never happen again to me , actually my first time resigning from a job officially as my current job is my first job
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by dosage150(m): 7:37am On Sep 29, 2022
etrange:

Oh... OK. 3 months is a long one. But I'm glad you've sorted it out. Good luck on your new job!
Yes, thanks so much, I will keep you posted on what happens, month end is here already
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by dosage150(m): 7:40am On Sep 29, 2022
motta:
My new employer is a multinational company with its HQ at USA, operating in 15 countries currently, the notice period is 2 weeks
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by OvertheTop(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
dosage150:

I have not really worked with them for long, i am willing to forfeit the benefits as the other job is times 3 the current one

OK. but still do two weeks before leaving so that (leave on a good note):
if your current employer writes them to get a Recommendation, they can get +ve feedback about you from your old company

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Miracle1960(f): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
At least 3 months in sane world. In schools, maybe a month.
But in Nigeria and especially private schools or organisations that sack at will, you too resign anyhow. Infact, you can stab them by resigning immediately after collecting salary.
Last Bullet
Why do I sound harsh?
Cos those organisations/schools are so harsh in sacking staff. I v seen schools that sacked teachers immediately without pay and it was at the end of the month when it wasn't recorded that the tutor stole.
And I v seen Chinese and Lebanese companies sacking people anyhow.
So...in Nigeria, it's jungle justice.

You are right bro. My own the moment I receive alert, I will also return a resignation alert to them.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Miracle1960(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
The moment I receive alert, the following day I don japa. I do not give even 24 hours to any fucking boss because there will not pay me. Some boss are extremely wicked.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Miracle1960:

You are right bro. My own the moment I receive alert, I will also return a resignation alert to them.
my sis sir. You are charting a lady.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Godsownfc(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
Sad story though
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Graceunlimitedd(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2022
dosage150:
I got a job in another company, which I am currently employed.

My start date for the next job is on 10-10-2022.
I have given my current employer my notice of resignation through the HR on 24-9-2022, stating that my last day of work will be on 4-10-2022.(Two weeks)

My colleague was telling me yesterday that the company will not pay me since they have seen my resignation letter.

I should have collected my salary and leave impromptu.

I have to be cleared from the company,that's why I gave them notice
Even though they treated me bad I want to end everything so we part ways peacefully

I can't wait for my salary because they pay on 15th of next month and I need to relax before taking up another job hence giving them notice for resignation.

NB: 1)I have been coming to work since that 24-10-2022
2) The HR have not approved my resignation
3) I worked from the 1-09-2022 till 4-10-2022

I believe that I should be paid

Please is there any reason why this company shouldn't pay me ?
How do I follow this up to know my stand, because if they won't pay me, no need coming to work or even giving them notice
passing through the same issue right now.
were you paid?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Graceunlimitedd(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sweetplum:
my sis sir. You are charting a lady.
which lady?
keep deceiving yourself
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Godsownfc(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
You should have been patient...collect your salary and disappear
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by spiceadole: 6:16am On Nov 07, 2022
Godsownfc:

Sorry for disturbing you ma, please come to my aid ma, I am really for real, I can show you my school ID card, let me find favor in your eyes pls.

Sorry,I don't give my money to men.

Ask your fellow men who take delight in abusing and insulting women,calling us Greedy,Leeches..Attaching our source of income to hook up.
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by dosage150(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
passing through the same issue right now.
were you paid?
I have done all the neccessary things required of me, I was asked to wait as they have transferred my file to the financial department

I call them every month end to know the situation
I am still waiting while working very well at my new place of work
Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 07, 2022
dosage150:
I got a job in another company, which I am currently employed.

My start date for the next job is on 10-10-2022.
I have given my current employer my notice of resignation through the HR on 24-9-2022, stating that my last day of work will be on 4-10-2022.(Two weeks)

My colleague was telling me yesterday that the company will not pay me since they have seen my resignation letter.

I should have collected my salary and leave impromptu.

I have to be cleared from the company,that's why I gave them notice
Even though they treated me bad I want to end everything so we part ways peacefully

I can't wait for my salary because they pay on 15th of next month and I need to relax before taking up another job hence giving them notice for resignation.

NB: 1)I have been coming to work since that 24-10-2022
2) The HR have not approved my resignation
3) I worked from the 1-09-2022 till 4-10-2022

I believe that I should be paid

Please is there any reason why this company shouldn't pay me ?
How do I follow this up to know my stand, because if they won't pay me, no need coming to work or even giving them notice

The truth is that no employer will honor any resignation so far they know they have to pay you on exit. Its a conscience thing and they don't have it. I will advise you let it go and I wish you good luck on your new job.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Duration Of Notice Period For Resignation by silverkings: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2022
dosage150:

I have done all the neccessary things required of me, I was asked to wait as they have transferred my file to the financial department

I call them every month end to know the situation
I am still waiting while working very well at my new place of work

embarassed cool grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2024 Recruitment Of 30,000 Policemen Begins Nationwide On Monday – PSC / N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. / Jobs At Maersk Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.