Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal (1003 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / Pastor Tries To Heal A Mad Woman On The Road (Photos) / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Obviously you’re ignorant by repeatedly claiming there’s no description of Jesus in the Bible.

Study the book of Revelation 1 v 13-16 and see the description of Jesus in his glorified form.

By starting off with the ignorant conclusion there’s no description of Jesus in the scriptures, there’s really no point wasting my time on this subject matter.

It’s really boring exposing people’s intellectual shallowness on this platform.

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? By description, we are obviously speaking physical description so no need to be obtuse by presenting the “glorified form”.

You remind me of Maxindahouse bragging bout his intelligence or calling out “intellectual shallowness.
Nevertheless, the Bible verse you quoted of his “glorified form” doesn’t explain the random guy on your profile. Also, your profile dude doesn’t have that “glorified form” with “white hair and blazing fire eyes”
You will probably need Pixar skills to create a picture of his “glorious form” described below.

Revelations 1
and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[a] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

So, to avoid any obtuseness, let’s clarify the question.

Are there any physical descriptions of Jesus in the Bible? No ”glorified forms”, please.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Obviously you’re ignorant by repeatedly claiming there’s no description of Jesus in the Bible.

Study the book of Revelation 1 v 13-16 and see the description of Jesus in his glorified form.

By starting off with the ignorant conclusion there’s no description of Jesus in the scriptures, there’s really no point wasting my time on this subject matter.

It’s really boring exposing people’s intellectual shallowness on this platform.

OkCornel:
Critical thinking is offensive to the vast majority of religious Nigerians.

If you doubt me, just see how they struggle to hold intellectual conversations for long on the religion section. They struggle to answer questions that either confronts their belief system or stimulate that white meat in between their ears to think!

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
LordReed:

LMAO! Na so. Artful dodger. Bwahahahahaha!

grin I no dodge, I jus know say this information no be the type wey I no suppose give you. grin
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Nevertheless, there is no description of Jesus in the Bible so why do you have a portrait of a random guy on your profile?

KnownUnknown:

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? By description, we are obviously speaking physical description so no need to be obtuse by presenting the “glorified form”.

You remind me of Maxindahouse bragging bout his intelligence or calling out “intellectual shallowness.
Nevertheless, the Bible verse you quoted of his “glorified form” doesn’t explain the random guy on your profile. Also, your profile dude doesn’t have that “glorified form” with “white hair and blazing fire eyes”
You will probably need Pixar skills to create a picture of his “glorious form” described below.

Revelations 1
and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[a] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Are there any physical descriptions of Jesus in the Bible? No ”glorified forms”, please.

Can’t you see how the color of his hair and feet were described in his glorified form in the passage you just quoted? or are you struggling to understand basic English?

I’ve bolded these and highlighted in red for you to see properly.

And I like how you’ve shifted your stance from “there is no description of Jesus in the Bible” to another clarifying question.

Make this discussion worth my while. I place value on my time.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I no dodge, I jus know say this information no be the type wey I no suppose give you. grin

LoLz so that Jesus' donkey won't be ambushed abi. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by Dtruthspeaker: 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz so that Jesus' donkey won't be ambushed abi. Bwahahahahaha!

grin gosh you are evil. grin

So that you go through the school to get the Answer.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by LordReed(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin gosh you are evil. grin

So that you go through the school to get the Answer.

LoLz. Yeah no thanks. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Can’t you see how the color of his hair and feet were described in his glorified form in the passage you just quoted? or are you struggling to understand basic English?

And I like how you’ve shifted your stance from “there is no description of Jesus in the Bible” to another clarifying question.

I just love how you avoided the red highlighting for “glowing in the furnace”. Lol

I like the white hair on this guy’s head and I bet he has glowing bronze feet fresh out of a furnace.

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I just love how you avoided the red highlighting for “glowing in the furnace”. Lol

I like the white hair on this guy’s head and I bet he has glowing bronze feet fresh out of a furnace.

Nope, we’re going to deal with your ignorance you’ve been spewing over this thread first.

See your own posts below this one see if it makes any sense.

Admit you goofed, then we progress with this conversation.

Does these two posts of yours make any sense to you at this point?
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Nevertheless, there is no description of Jesus in the Bible so why do you have a portrait of a random guy on your profile?

KnownUnknown:

You remind me of MaxinDHouse bragging bout his intelligence or calling out “intellectual shallowness.

Revelations 1

From the highlighted bits of your posts

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? Yes or No
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

From the highlighted bits of your posts

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? Yes or No

The relevant matter Is who the guy in the picture is. You keep going on about the “glorified form” as if it describes the physical form of Jesus. I clarified that the verse from revelation is not what is required because that describes a “glorious form”. Whatever that means. If it describes an actual physical form , you wouldn’t have called it a “glorious form”.
You insisted on using the “glorious form”. Fine, that’s the description of Jesus. So who is the guy in the picture?

“The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace,“

One would need more than the above to describe a person and this description doesn’t even sound human.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

the relevant matter Is Who the guy in the picture is. You keep going on about the “glorified form” as if it describes the physical form of Jesus. I clarified that the verse from revelation is not what is required because that describes a “glorious form”. Whatever that means. If it describes an actual physical form , you wouldn’t have called it a “glorious form”.
You insisted on using the “glorious form”. Fine, that’s the description of Jesus. So who is the guy in the picture?

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? Yes or No.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible? Yes or No.

Yes, based on a “vision” and not actual physical appearance.
Who is the guy in your profile picture?
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

I had to clarify for you because your revelations example is obviously not what is being asked but you insist on it. One person’s depiction is below.

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Yes, based on a “vision” and not physical appearance
Who is the guy in your profile picture?

So now you agree your earlier stance that there is no description of Jesus in the Bible to be wrong?

And by the way, was John having a vision? Or was he caught up to Heaven?

Do you even understand the difference… nah, this is above you.

1 Like

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

So now you agree your earlier stance that there is no description of Jesus in the Bible to be wrong?

And by the way, was John having a vision? Or was he caught up to Heaven?

Do you even understand the difference… nah, this is above you.

Sure, it’s above me and I didn’t ask about the difference.

The question remains who is the guy in your profile picture?
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I had to clarify for you because your revelations example is obviously not what is being asked but you insist on it. One person’s depiction is below.

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Which is why I brought out the point on the glorified form of Christ, somewhat similar to what happened at this transfiguration which was witnessed by 3 of his disciples in Matthew 17 v 1-3.

The man on my DP is Jesus. As witnessed by gifted child painter (now adult) - Akiane Kramarik.

Corroborated by another child (now adult) Colton Burpo who had an OBE while operated on.

And numerous other witnesses around the world.

So…feel free to scoff and gloat. Next predictable thing to do.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

See the post above
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Which is why I brought out the point on the glorified form of Christ, somewhat similar to what happened at this transfiguration which was witnessed by 3 of his disciples in Matthew 17 v 1-3.

The man on my DP is Jesus. As witnessed by gifted child painter (now adult) - Akiane Kramarik.

Corroborated by another child (now adult) Colton Burpo who had an OBE while operated on.

And numerous other witnesses around the world.

So…feel free to scoff and gloat. Next predictable thing to do.

See how easy that was? So, one child’s painting confirmed by another child’s OBE is all it takes. Children from a culture that present Jesus a certain way that’s very similar to your profile picture. I see.
Do you agree with Akiane and Colton over the Bible’s description?
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

See how easy that was? So, one child’s paining confirmed by another child’s OBE is all it takes. Children from a culture that present Jesus a certain way that’s very similar to your profile picture. I see.

Did you miss the part it was corroborated by numerous other witnesses with OBEs too?

They’re all delusional? What are the odds?
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Did you miss the part it was corroborated by numerous other witnesses with OBEs too?

They’re all delusional? What are the odds?

It was corroborated by numerous witnesses with OBEs!!!

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I just wanted to know who the guy is.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

See how easy that was? So, one child’s painting confirmed by another child’s OBE is all it takes. Children from a culture that present Jesus a certain way that’s very similar to your profile picture. I see.

For all I know, the Bible is not the “complete truth”, so why is that the ultimate standard for Jesus’ description?

In Matthew 17 v 1-2, you can clearly see Jesus can alternate between two types of appearances. He has chosen to reveal himself in the “ordinary mode” to these kids and numerous other witnesses.

Can’t see the issue here. It’s Jesus’ call, not mine.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by OkCornel(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Okies, cool. No sweat.
Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by LordReed(m): 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

She probably painted Barry Manilow. LoLz

Re: For Some Christians, ‘rapture Anxiety’ Can Take A Lifetime To Heal by KnownUnknown: 1:43am On Oct 04, 2022
LordReed:

She probably painted Barry Manilow. LoLz

lipsrsealed grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Opium Of The FAKE Second Coming Scam / Where Is God? / All Yorubas, Igbos And Hausa-Fulanis Must Unite As End Time Urgency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.