Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. (17942 Views)

Xiaomi Fires 900 Employees, To Slash 15% Of Jobs Globally / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / 9 Sad Reasons People Stay In Jobs They Don’t Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Godmind2022(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
Very true.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Trill1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes

The Trills Consulting is Solar Energy Company.
We sell and install solar devices, we buy bad batteries too.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by newnigerdelta00: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Give example

Tell peter obi to give you the example,I heard he knows everything

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by NOwazobia: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lack of skill and expertise is another thing causing serious unemployment or underemployment in this country.

These two are so underrated that they are often neglected when discussing unemployment in this country. undecided
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by doublecross(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Give example
give example as how? Are you not in this country?
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Theoarhics: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
Very true
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by FriendsAndFans(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
igbowoman:

U wan marry me?
grin grin
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Dadaemmanuel(m): 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
abi now am a living witness for such in ibadan even the work dey give me bp but do i have another work that can cater a little bit for my family capital no
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Muhammadson2020: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Give example
. Driving Uber/Bolt in Lagos,

Toxic passengers

Toxic Environment

Toxic Law enforcement agencies

Toxics Employers

Everything Toxic

It kills mental health faster than you think
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by smile4kenn(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Lack of jobs makes people stay in jobs that destroy their mental health.

good fact

https://gist.am/q/the-lack-of-job-choices-or-multiple-career-options-in-nigeria-makes-people-stay
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Beverlyjean(f): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
shut up hoe you know nothing

See them weaklings ... fake men

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Graceunlimitedd(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
Beverlyjean:

See them weaklings ... fake men
I'm a lady
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Beverlyjean(f): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
I'm a lady

Makes it worse... ur type are using mental health to escape stupidity and stupid decisions
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Ceejay94: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Indeed, lack of job and lack of any other source of income can make someone to be glued to his/her tormenting job. But, if you have a skill like Amazon Kdp, you can be earning more that your salary within few days. Dm me on how to get started...07069135335
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by gotnel: 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
To resign is always difficult when you know that you have a lot of bills to pay and there is no other jobs if you quit the job at hand
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by justparamount(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:

Contract staff in the banking industry for example...
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by TheDictatorNd: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sirheny007:
"I was about moving on from my old job when it occurred to me I didn't have one."

- Old Dad Underwood.
grin
Sirheny007:
"I was about moving on from my old job when it occurred to me I didn't have one."

- Old Dad Underwood.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Ujm1: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by BATified2023: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
ibedu29:

But you went ahead to sell buhari to us
Despite all this your knowledge?
Future will judge you
I didn’t campaign for buhari

Foolish Nigerians did,buhari n Jonathan were disasters so I never bothered to vote
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by famss22(m): 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
That's what it seem, but it's actually the fear of unknown, lack of confidence on one's self, lack of motivation to try a new thing, that cages one to an abusive job.

I've been there, but since I left the job, I'm doing far more better for myself.

I don't think lack of confidence is the reason.
I'm a contract staff in an insurance company,I have being through hell, I eat depression, saverally I have thought of leaving but fear of the unknown with the way Nigeria is now. How do I pay bills, no single family person to assist.
It's tough man.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by nokia1000(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
That's exactly what I am passing through right now
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by STILESGANG: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
IkUKU01:
My own job no be just abusive self... How a second class upper Statistics graduate go de trek from street to street inside hot sun de look for who go buy all coke product?? I wan resign start learning data science but comrade de fear the unknown... I need uplifting advise from somebody abeg��
You can start learning the data science bit by bit without resigning and once you feel you are becoming good at it, start applying for tech jobs.And if you feel you cant multitask, just save up for some few months at this your current job, resign and get a new job that is more flexible and gives you time to learn the data science even though the pay may not be as good as your current one.And if you cant secure a less stressful job, just start learning, the money you saved should be able to sustain you for some time

Note,You wont get the high paying tech jobs yet but you have to start somewhere
Put it into action now and start planning, else you are going to regret not doing it later cos that your job is gonna waste your life While offering you zero growth.

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
It's not really your Opinion. I understand you though. This Is the Reality of most workers In Nigeria currently, Exclusive to the Private Companies..
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Baffupdrizz(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
Mental health is a very delicate matter that people take for granted. Just like they are doing in this thread!
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Pnorh(f): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Very true sad
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Graceunlimitedd(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
lol
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by igbowoman: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
can we talk on this privately?
should I send you a mail?

Sorry I have been spoken for
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Mideyblaq(m): 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
If you dey do maysurmo for amoo ilepako you go understand how it affects mental health,by the time you go dey Carry ponpon for head dey clim 3 story building,wey your brain go shit,you go no say suffer dey different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by nkemjacob2(m): 2:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Stephen2324:
u are correct. Fear d main purpose
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Ehinjuola: 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Give example

Maka give you one scenario.

There's this my cousin living in Agbado crossing, who works in abule egba in one hotel as bar attendant. Initially, when he went there for job seeking he told them he's applying for hotel manager, the person in charge told him the only vacancy left was bar attendant (a final year in one of the prestigious universities for that matter n vibrant one at that) he sha agreed so that he will not just stay idle do nothing at home.

On d long run, when this boy came to greet me and narrated whats facing in his place of work I was mesmerized, he said " early in the morning he will wakes up around 6 sweep and mop d floor also if customers used room for "shortress" he will be the one to clean the room, laid the mattress and wash the toilet and if the bedsheet stain or dirty he will also be the one to wash it, that he's fed up"
Then i asked him "No b bar attendant u call urself which one b 5 ppl's work u dey do" n how much is he collecting as salary, you won't believe what this guy told me he's collecting per month... 12K!

I had to asked again what did he say, he repeated himself that she said she will pay him 12k.
And he must be staying there oo n he will be the one feeding himself.

I was oh your boss is female and also dictator coz of 12K she's going to give you at the end of month.

To shorten my narrative, I saw this guy this morning on my way to work n I beckoned to him that what's he looking for (coz he should be in his work by now) he said he came to ask for ppl who owes him money (coz the manager yaff japa he's now d acting manager) that the madam has been para-ing since morning. I just laughed that, the work that you've not spend close to a month, ppl has been buying beers on credit n madam has started changing it for you. I just wished him well n zoom off.

That's d good example of work without any pay to show for it or compliment it .
Also his mental health is at stake coz seeing him this morning, one will definitely knows something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by stelly12: 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
I was once a victim but thank God I made up my mind to throw the curtain and got another job.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by PoliteActivist: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ehinjuola:

Maka give you one scenario.

There's this my cousin living in Agbado crossing, who works in abule egba in one hotel as bar attendant. Initially, when he went there for job seeking he told them he's applying for hotel manager, the person in charge told him the only vacancy left was bar attendant (a final year in one of the prestigious universities for that matter n vibrant one at that) he sha agreed so that he will not just stay idle do nothing at home.

On d long run, when this boy came to greet me and narrated whats facing in his place of work I was mesmerized, he said " early in the morning he will wakes up around 6 sweep and mop d floor also if customers used room for "shortress" he will be the one to clean the room, laid the mattress and wash the toilet and if the bedsheet stain or dirty he will also be the one to wash it, that he's fed up"
Then i asked him "No b bar attendant u call urself which one b 5 ppl's work u dey do" n how much is he collecting as salary, you won't believe what this guy told me he's collecting per month... 12K!

I had to asked again what did he say, he repeated himself that she said she will pay him 12k.
And he must be staying there oo n he will be the one feeding himself.

I was oh your boss is female and also dictator coz of 12K she's going to give you at the end of month.

To shorten my narrative, I saw this guy this morning on my way to work n I beckoned to him that what's he looking for (coz he should be in his work by now) he said he came to ask for ppl who owes him money (coz the manager yaff japa he's now d acting manager) that the madam has been para-ing since morning. I just laughed that, the work that you've not spend close to a month, ppl has been buying beers on credit n madam has started changing it for you. I just wished him well n zoom off.

That's d good example of work without any pay to show for it or compliment it .
Also his mental health is at stake coz seeing him this morning, one will definitely knows something is wrong somewhere.

12k? He must be making more money from the job some other way, day to day.
But I get your point. Labour in Nigeria should really get organized and start striking against all these private enterprises that use slave tactics and wages!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career At Etisalat Nigeria. Oshodi Call Center / Q I Group Of Companies Your Advice Is Needed / Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment At VDT Communications Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.