Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. (17923 Views)

5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / 9 Sad Reasons People Stay In Jobs They Don’t Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Youngwiz71(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
This is very true.... I agree 100%, most people do jobs they hate

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
Very correct. Many Nigerians employers are demonic and callous.

Nigerians have been maltreated to the point where, the unacceptable has become normal. The sort of treatment that people are receiving out their is heart breaking.

I recently left a job because of poor treatment but I won't encourage anyone to try such.

I am someone who's ready to live off little and be happy than being treated like trash

6 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Iliveforever(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
could be a Northerner supporting his own.
but any southerner wey support Atiku na God go punish am
Even the northerners, suffer no dey tire them?
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by ibedu29: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
BATified2023:
There is a very high rate of unemployment out there that people hold on to whatever they have at hand at least to put food on their table

Unfortunately there’s nothing like Labour law here so employers know that n they treat their workers like thrash

I wish we could get it right with the reasonable leader that will create employment n encourage industrialization not one who will govern one of d most industrialized states n still b the biggest importer thereby discouraging production
But you went ahead to sell buhari to us
Despite all this your knowledge?
Future will judge you
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by judedwriter(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Youngwiz71:
This is very true.... I agree 100%, most people do jobs they hate

Once you hate your job, you are a slave.

Who enjoys slavery?

Pursue your dreams jare.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by olaztek(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Most Nigerian work places are toxic and pay peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by CheedyJ(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Beverlyjean:
What the hell is mental health...excuses made for and by weaklings
I want to believe you're more educated than this comment you posted here.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2022
I left a well paying job months ago, the environment was so toxic that I started becoming toxic myself. I had to leave. Got a good job months after but the company downsized after a month.

Still trusting God, it's hard but harder if you have family and responsibilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by trulife: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
This is true lo..but mainly for every responsible married man or even women especially the fear of the unknown like when you leave thinking that it is easier over there.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by babajero(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
Lack of jobs makes people stay in jobs that destroy their mental health.
Opinion: Lack of no money makes people endure a country that is hazardous and destroys their mental health.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by MrUchenna1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
Emilokan is destroying Agbado baba.........

Life is short and the older you get, the more you feel it. Indeed, the shorter it is. People lose their capacity to walk, run, travel, think, and experience life.
relax and watch your grand children play.....
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
olaztek:
Most Nigerian work places are toxic and pay peanuts.
You are right, all those toxic places are mostly headed by incompetent leader, what will you expect when someone that has SSCE is leading people with Masters, OND and First Degree. I was opportunned to work in a well structured environment and I loved every minute of it. Gained and experienced more in a month, what I was unable to learn in 4 years in an unstructured environment.

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by GRACEGLORY: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:

I disagree.

It’s lack of creativity that keeps people under
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by phemmyfour: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
They turn themselves to slave
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by samvega: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
same for relationships
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by phemmyfour: 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Give example
e.g saying "thank you" after receiving salary.

Employer/Superior officer using the "F" word on you during altercation
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Adakintroy: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
If you going everywhere looking for a job Your already a depended mind. Your mental health is already weak waiting for destruction.

If you mentally strong your will create one. I mean what does that say about you. Of the billion of possible things you can start..
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Adakintroy: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
If you going everywhere looking for a job Your already a depended mind. Your mental health is already weak waiting for destruction.

If you mentally strong your will create one. I mean what does that say about you. Of the billion of possible things you can start.. I have to find someone who has started one and leach on
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by IkUKU01(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
My own job no be just abusive self... How a second class upper Statistics graduate go de trek from street to street inside hot sun de look for who go buy all coke product?? I wan resign start learning data science but comrade de fear the unknown... I need uplifting advise from somebody abeg��
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by faceland: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sometimes condition demands you temporarily settle for the "shitty job".

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Adakintroy:

If you mentally strong your will create one. I mean what does that say about you. Of the billion of possible things you can start.. I have to find someone who has started one and leach on
What can one start with 150k real quick, I see big sense in your word. I'm serious.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by tarantino1: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
shut up hoe you know nothing

Disagreeing doesn't mean you'll call someone a ho. Tf?
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Evidenx(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
dam2000:
Just like the one I am right now.but I believe atiku will change everything.
you never ready for change .... atiku weh be thief na you dey support u never ready get better work.
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by johnnychuks(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Stephen2324:
you are on point bro, don't give examples as others are asking you to do, we are Hustler, we see it, notice it, it's happened to must of us, Nigeria has been sold out, some people don't comprehend that statement, think is the country but they never new is them that is living in the country that have been sold to the foreigners, that's the reasons the fucking Asians come here to exploit us and enslaved us in the name of stupid work
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by Toriagirl(f): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes oh just like me,
I did a job that made forget that I need to have time for myself
I worked Monday to Sunday
And guess what after everything when it's time for payment we start hearing stories....
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by johnnychuks(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
Evidenx:
you never ready for change .... atiku weh be thief na you dey support u never ready get better work.
don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by businessgirl(f): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
i employ people cool
Please come and employ me o. I can work remote too
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by businessgirl(f): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Adakintroy:

If you mentally strong your will create one. I mean what does that say about you. Of the billion of possible things you can start..
Please come and give me capital to create a job. Or teach me how to create one
Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by johnnychuks(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Toriagirl:
Yes oh just like me,
I did a job that made forget that I need to have time for myself
I worked Monday to Sunday
And guess what after everything when it's time for payment we start hearing stories....
. You don't need to explain much my dear we know all this type of stupid work that affect must of out life just as the writer say's.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by KristaPretty(f): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
That was my previous job.

I was looking at the money but my mental health kept declining. One day I woke up, submitted my letter and never looked back. I did this without a job waiting or any other option. Rested for one month and got a way better and mentally peaceful job after that.

I choose peace of mind first

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. by boom99(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
True op, where I worked before almost depressed me. Infact I was depressed. Those that work there now are either owning the owner(loan) or don't have any option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exxonmobil Nigeria Recruiting! Its Hot And Fresh! / 5 Strategic Ways To Get A High Paying Job In 2019 / Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment At VDT Communications Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.