Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? (28226 Views)

What I Bought From Market With 10k / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / FAO Issues Alert On Food Poisoning In Lagos, Kano, Other Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
CaptainAyub:

To be able to cook 3 X daily means som1 who has plenty time on his hands
I do all my cookings in the evening, except Sundays.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by WithFact: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
For who go to green bottle, it take them only one sitting. Thank you
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
phorget:

Even if I cook or I eat out. I even find out that eating out saves money for me. If I cook I would have finished the meat and other accessories before the stew or soup finishes so I'll have to buy extra turkey meat to augment the soup.

I have same problem of always finishing the meat in my soup and stew. So na eating outside win am oh.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:

I withdraw my support cos of tribal war btw igbos and Yoruba .. so I go for neutral person

So fine girl when dey read dey nairaland truly? I'm impressed. Abeg nor do Olosho oh and avoid those instagram girls life style.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Sweetvie: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
3 days
I eat outside most time
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
johnbosco11:
It will last for a month

Abeg na 30k nai be monthly feeding oh.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Diligent1:
10 days, only me

Me too, only if I discipline myself sha.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Threesha(f): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
I buy a bag of rice for 25k, it lasts me for one year, the one paint rubber of beans for ₦2,300 every two months, 10 packs of pasta lasts me about four months. One carton of Gino tomato for around ₦4,200 lasts me for six months, other small cooking condiments can't be more than 3k. I also buy one paint rubber of garri for ₦900 each month.

Then I cook three soups and one stew per month, share them into five containers each and then put in the refrigerator.
Are you single?
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by fashionnisir(f): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
Spend more on rice and beans with ingredients
Beans mostly for poriage ,look for bread or pap to go with it.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Karleb(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
HardMirror:
K my guy. abeg remove gas from the expenses. lol. gas is another expense. just food

Just food, still less than a week.

Tricky thing is, N10k for raw food will last more than a week but if you are cooking solid meals from scratch. No.

But N500 per meal for 2 meals per day will take me more than a week tho.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by edepie: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
HeRulesMen:
I need help please. I am an applicant. Hunger and starvation are really dealing with me. Help a brother please. I can't steal. My knees are on ground.
022 161 0773, GTBank, Sampson.

FB WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RIGHT PLATFORM FOR SUCH REQUEST MY COUNTRY-MAN.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by V9er: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
I can manage 10k for feeding for 2 weeks in school.
Pocket money: 10k in 2 weeks
I use the whole 10k for foodstuffs and use my money when I want to eat out or any other expenses. Mind you I eat 4 meals a day
Rice 1 paint 2k2
Beans 1 paint 2k
Spaghetti spaghetti 1700 for 4
Quaker oats 2k for 2
Half carton of indomie 2k
Use my money for oils and spices and eat outside if I'm lazy

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by CaptainAyub: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
I do all my cookings in the evening, except Sundays.
Most working males leave the house by 7am and come home by 4-7-10pm.
How do you do it?
Even if you prepare and carry breakfast to work,what about lunch?
Or you work from home?
Or your workplace is close from home?
Even if u say u won't eat lunch till you get home,some days once will just get hungry 2hrs after eating.
How do you cope on those days?
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by membranus: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
planetx:
How am I suffering if I can afford a lifestyle 80% of people living abroad cannot afford because of the 1 to 700 exchange rate. If you are earning foreign currencies all this problems you highlighted will be mitigated or at least they become irrelevant. You lack exposure thinking living abroad means you have now a problem free life, just a different set of problems sometimes even worse. Money solves most problems humans encountered on a daily, living without money abroad is just as bad despite having 24hrs electricity. But I leave you to wallow in your self delusion of an utopia out there.

You are the one living in your self delusion, because you have never left your father's farm, you thought other farms are lesser in size than yours. Being a local suits you, but for those of us who have travelled abroad, we know that the difference is clear.

Or else, what is your Atiku and Aisha Buhari doing living in Dubai? With all their money why couldn't stay in the country and enjoy the good health facilities, the excellent security and the stable power supply (not minding the excessive diesel cost).

Ol'boy you have a local mind, so stay behind and enjoy your local environment. But for us that love good things, the white man's land (Obodo Oyinbo) is our choice.

And to enlighten you further, money does not solve all things. If you fall grievously sick in this country, you will understand that the little €$£ you are earning will fail you.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Most working males leave the house by 7am and come home by 4-7-10pm.
How do you do it?
Even if you prepare and carry breakfast to work,what about lunch?
Or you work from home?
Or your workplace is close from home?
Even if u say u won't eat lunch till you get home,some days once will just get hungry 2hrs after eating.
How do you cope on those days?
Morning - Tea or coffee with biscuits or bread, oats or sometimes left over from previous night or skip it completely.

Afternoon: I don't eat lunch, I'm already used to it. Some after though, I can just buy one biscuit to chew, not because I'm hungry though.

Evening: It takes just 15 minutes for me to cycle from my store to my house, I reside a bicycle everyday. So latest 6:10pm I'm already in my house and ready to prepare dinner.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
Threesha:
Are you single?
It depends grin
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Ujm1: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Dominatrix(f): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
1 day
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by naijapikin2(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Rubbish
As if we all have the same size of memory card cool
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by jojothaiv(m): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2022

3 weeks.
24 cups/3 Mudu of local rice 2,220
12 cups/1.5 mude of beans 1,125
0.5 kilo of Mackerel per week 700*3 2,100
2 bottles of Palm Oil 1600
Tomatoes, Pepper and Onions 300 per week 300*3 900
Seasoning 500
Salt 150
Two giant loaf, just to assist the concoction beans500*2 1,000
Total 9,595

Change for offerings, bambiala: 405

There's no need filling the gas cylinder due to the 12-15 hours of constant electricity, electric hot plate is okay.

010, 101, 001 the eating plan is binary.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by 22o62021: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
10k takes me 3 days

A single person like me

I hardly cook so I eat out

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
Alvin007:

It’s crazy bruv…
cooking is simply the best. guys that dont have time can employ someone to come once a week to cook soup, stew, beans and jollof they can put in the freezer.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by gameova(m): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
10k na like 5days for me.Am single and babeless.i dont cook from Monday to Friday..i eat for work canteen.But I cook on saturdays and sundays.I drink beer every week,esp friday night and Sundays.So 20k weekely.Na God get power.I just met a lady and she doesnt work or do anything.If I date her my Finance go suffer wella.God epp me.
Beer na food? grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
I buy a bag of rice for 25k, it lasts me for one year, the one paint rubber of beans for ₦2,300 every two months, 10 packs of pasta lasts me about four months. One carton of Gino tomato for around ₦4,200 lasts me for six months, other small cooking condiments can't be more than 3k. I also buy one paint rubber of garri for ₦900 each month.

Then I cook three soups and one stew per month, share them into five containers each and then put in the refrigerator.
my favorite comment so far. thanks for sharing this boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by emmyw(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Winnermindset:
2 weeks.
How
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by jaafree: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2022
I live in Kaduna. 10k will last for 10days for me as I can live on N300 Per meal daily, so 3 square meal will Make it N900 per day. Plus I eat with two pieces of meet o

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Exodora: 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
If am in my right senses that period and didn’t go out regularly maybe 5days.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Exodora: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
HardMirror:
my favorite comment so far. thanks for sharing this boss
No go fall sick ooo cause las las na doctors go still collect the money. Imagine store soup in a refrigerator for more than one month.
I like my food fresh joor.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Allisgud: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
I will put the 9500k on foodstuff 500 for purewater and it will last me 2weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Smirnoff Ice Naija / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / Unique Types Of People At A Nigerian Owambe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.