Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? (28228 Views)

What I Bought From Market With 10k / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / FAO Issues Alert On Food Poisoning In Lagos, Kano, Other Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ufuosman(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
1week bt if I hv some food stuff in the house a week plus

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Privatepart00: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
HardMirror:
ok. but you did not add the cost of the plantain flour and other things you eat the soup with

I have a land where it grows on its own , I don’t weed it , I just wait till is time and I harvest. Is literally not a farm, I guess the plantain was cultivated there before the land was bought.
I find someone to climb the fence and harvest the plantain ( trying to describe how bushy the grasses inside are)

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Karnice600: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
I only commented because Obembet is the poster, she looks like Igbo but she no gree support them grin...

lol.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by jessylaurel(f): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
Despite the situation of this country today, there are many people than manage expecially in food aspect.

So my dear Nairalanders, how many days can 10k take you on food and explain how you will spend it.

Source: Obembet

Two days

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Very right. It all depends on your standard of living and the quality of food you eat. I have foodstuffs already at home, so I usually do not have to spend much on cooking. I eat a whole lot, and with quality, I began to ask myself if I was spending too much on food with 10k a week.

When I was still buying food out, I could spend 20k a week because I prefer to eat three different course meals a day. I had to cut down on it thinking I spend too much on food and had to force myself to start cooking meals at home.

Oh well, for an unmarried young lady, that's a commendable measure of prudence. But quite honestly, when it comes to good food and fine wines, I don't consider any spending to be "exorbitant". Thinking about it, at the end of the day, the content of your stomach largely determines your health, carries you around for your daily struggles and is what you take to your grave. So what the hell?! Why not just eat as fancifully as your pockets and accounts can afford?!

It's always been my way of life. Don't exactly expect anyone out there to follow suit.

On another note, I like how you express words. No abbreviations, no visible errors and a fine array of wordplays. Very uncommon for a 21st century woman.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Ohuhunsulurep: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
2 weeks o,
I know how to manage wella.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by membranus: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
planetx:
I swear if you can earn in $£€ and living in Africa, you have to be suffering from serious self esteem problems to now still want to relocate to
oyinbo countries.

Even if you are living in Nigeria and you are earning in $£€, and you were offered opportunity to relocate abroad for a better job, and you disregarded it, then you must love suffering.

What, with our infrastructural decay - no stable power supply, bad roads, no effective transportational facilities, no pipe borne water, e.t.c., coupled with pervasive insecurity and general lawlessness and a highly depressing environmental ambience. To top it off, watching helplessly a terribly bad and selfish government functionaries getting away with committing brazen larceny on the economic backbone of the country.
You must surely be affectionately attracted to hard life to decide to want to stay.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Kendrick80(m): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
A week
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by HardMirror(m): 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
membranus:

Even if you are living in Nigeria and you are earning in $£€, and you were offered opportunity to relocate abroad for a better job, and you disregarded it, then you must love suffering.

What, with our infrastructural decay - no stable power supply, bad roads, no effective transportational facilities, no pipe borne water, e.t.c., coupled with pervasive insecurity and general lawlessness and a highly depressing environmental ambience. To top it off, watching helplessly a terribly bad and selfish government functionaries getting away with committing brazen larceny on the economic backbone of the country.
You must surely be affectionately attracted to hard life to decide to want to stay
This is true sha. I always say it, you can make it in nigeria, but that you have money does not mean the country is ok. far from it. first human lives must be valued in this country

3 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
CaptainAyub:

And u apparently have a lot of time on your hands too
Why do you say so
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
damosky12:

That means you will be spending around 30k in total per month (if we're to estimate the food stuffs you use). Considering 12k is for near, vegetables, and others.
Even less. I buy a full bag of rice and it lasts me a year.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Pentagon007: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
My monthly budget for food is 12k. I always buy foodstuffs in bulk, so the 12k is just basically for meat, vegetables and other small expenses.
I cook every food that I eat and I haven't eaten outside in over five years. I stay alone sha.
Bro abeg.. abeg how you take dey run am? what and what do you buy and what is their quantity?

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Goldmaxx(f): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
frankson1:

Well, it can take just a few minutes. It depends on the type of food. I come out of market Square with two small nylon bags and N10k is gone.
market square Aba?
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Templee333(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Buddha3:

Oh well, for an unmarried young lady, that's a commendable measure of prudence. But quite honestly, when it comes to good food and fine wines, I don't consider any spending to be "exorbitant". Thinking about it, at the end of the day, the content of your stomach largely determines your health, carries you around for your daily struggles and is what you take to your grave. So what the hell?! Why not just eat as fancifully as your pockets and accounts can afford?!

It's always been my way of life. Don't exactly expect anyone out there to follow suit.

On another note, I like how you express words. No abbreviations, no visible errors and a fine array of wordplays. Very uncommon for a 21st century woman.
person don start to dey like person. Okay-o
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:
It depends on your spending habit.

Someone (spendthrift) will spend it within days.

It will take another person for 2 weeks or more
2wks....haha is the fellow drinking Garri and gnut only

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Templee333:

person don start to dey like person. Okay-o

Lol.
And a person liking another person becomes a problem?

Na animal for like her before?
Nairalanders, una get una own for body sha!

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
Pentagon007:

Bro abeg.. abeg how you take dey run am? what and what do you buy and what is their quantity?
I buy a bag of rice for 25k, it lasts me for one year, the one paint rubber of beans for ₦2,300 every two months, 10 packs of pasta lasts me about four months. One carton of Gino tomato for around ₦4,200 lasts me for six months, other small cooking condiments can't be more than 3k. I also buy one paint rubber of garri for ₦900 each month.

Then I cook three soups and one stew per month, share them into five containers each and then put in the refrigerator.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by smogia1994(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
My monthly budget for food is 12k. I always buy foodstuffs in bulk, so the 12k is just basically for meat, vegetables and other small expenses.
I cook every food that I eat and I haven't eaten outside in over five years. I stay alone sha.
HOW does that quatify u as a good man for not eating outside if u travel by road how do u eat?

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by SPAMBOX7: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
If I dey eat outside 3 days max

At home fit last me reach 7 days. Na men wey their head clear dey get appetite for food.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by ikechukz(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
smogia1994:

HOW does that quatify u as a good man for not eating outside if u travel by road how do u eat?
I don't eat on the road while travelling, infact I don't even take water until I'm about one hour from my destination. I don't understand the bolded

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Templee333(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Buddha3:

Lol. And a person liking another person becomes a problem?
Na animal for like her before? Nairalanders, una get una own for body sha!
abeg sir,no be fight-o. I been just say make i hail una two na. U don vex?

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Coolguy34(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Omo na 4 days oooo
Nigeria tough

I do data entry jobs please check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by seanwilliam(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
If I eat outside honestly it won’t last two days. Cos if I go eatery , I’ll chop 5000 ( two chicken is 2400, rice 3 portion and platain/ moinmoin is 2k and I’ll buy water plus transport that’s 5k )

But if I go local buka, I will swallow (iyan) 4 is 800, I will buy ogunfe meat 1500 big one plus 500 naira meat
Plus bottle water and transport that’s 3500.

Then I will use 1500 chop meshai ( cook indomie for night )..
but if chop at home ( if soup Dey ) e fit reach 3 days. If soup no Dey na 2days I swear . But I spend less if my babe is around sha cos that one like to Dey cook it will take me 3days if she Dey around.

Las las i no fit kill my self grin I like food no be small

2 Likes

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Alvin007: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
HardMirror:
life i lived in Ikeja. but i dont spend this much sha. N1500 to 2000 at most per meal. then i do manage some small eateries where i spend N500 to N700. Max i have spent on a single meal is 6k. lol
It’s crazy bruv…
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by CaptainAyub: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
ikechukz:
Why do you say so
To be able to cook 3 X daily means som1 who has plenty time on his hands

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by planetx: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2022
membranus:

You must surely be affectionately attracted to hard life to decide to want to stay.
How am I suffering if I can afford a lifestyle 80% of people living abroad cannot afford because of the 1 to 700 exchange rate. If you are earning foreign currencies all this problems you highlighted will be mitigated or at least they become irrelevant. You lack exposure thinking living abroad means you have now a problem free life, just a different set of problems sometimes even worse. Money solves most problems humans encountered on a daily, living without money abroad is just as bad despite having 24hrs electricity. But I leave you to wallow in your self delusion of an utopia out there.

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Thislifee: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
GeneralPula:
2 weeks..
I don’t eat much and the things that matter most to the body are not cost..

Exactly... Cooking is more expensive than buying food outside

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by okrikaboi: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
2 months
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2022
Twice, sometimes once. Portion is everything
UyaiIncomparabl:

How many times a day do you eat?

1 Like

Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Smazlexander: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
If it's just for feeding and not transporting it should serve me for 2weeks if i'm shuffling between eating out and cooking.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by Jocdon(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
A week.

Or if I want to be frugal, a week and a day or 2 would do. And this goes only if I cook because I will have to repeat meals. I don't even know which is more economical - to cook or purchase food from eateries? Purchasing food from food stalls takes my vote. It's hard for me to cook with anything less than 5k.
Check i sent you an email and will need your reply thanks.
Re: How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? by yellowgarri2(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
Despite the situation of this country today, there are many people than manage expecially in food aspect.

So my dear Nairalanders, how many days can 10k take you on food and explain how you will spend it.

Source: Obembet
A month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Smirnoff Ice Naija / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / Unique Types Of People At A Nigerian Owambe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.