Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. (1850 Views)

5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics) / Huge Rock In Saudi Arabia Looks Like It Was Cut In Half With Laser Beam(Pics) / Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Abiodunstephen(m): 3:18am On Sep 30, 2022
A Nigerian medical doctor based in Saudi Arabia, Omafuvwe Jerome Ighowho has called on the Chairperson of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa, to come to his aid following an incident of alleged assault levelled against him by his colleague identified as Dr. Adel Idris, over which he had been detained by the Saudi police.

In a letter addressed to the commission and copied the Nigerian Consulate General in Jeddah, the Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State-born who has been in Saudi Arabia for about 23 months, where he works as a Medical Doctor in Tabalah General Hospital, Tabalah, Bisha City, Aseer region of the country, explained that he and Idris, a Sudanese doctor, were never involved in any scuffle before the unfortunate incident that led to a minor injury on Idris’s right knee.

He added that the incident has led to him being held in custody in perpetuity with no help in view despite his failing health situation.

The letter read: “I am Omafuvwe Jerome Ighowho with passport number A12519900 and NIN 10418960616 Iquama 2492447301. I have been living in Saudi Arabia for about 23 months at Tabalah General Hospital, Tabalah, Bisha City, Aseer region.

“I am from Ughelli North LGA, Delta State and permanent address at House 28 Sheraton Estate Abulo Oko Agbado, Ogun State. +966533818972 and ±2347067624826.

“On July 30, 2022, I had an incident with my fellow Sudanese doctor. After resumption of duty, I decided to greet other doctors who were to work with me for the shift.

“Then I saw Dr. Adel Idris and another Dr Isiah Awuri. I was explaining to Dr. Isiah that Dr. Adel Idris normally come to work late and that day he also came late. Then Dr. Adel Idris approached me and was saying why would I say he comes to work late.

“He said this with laughter and jokes but he held my two arms. I was laughing and also held him the same manner as I was thrown off balance because of the firm grip from Adel (the Sudanese doctor) just to attain a good balance.

“We were both laughing and I then pushed him back to release myself from him as Dr. Isiah (my Nigerian colleague) kept saying we should stop this rough play.

“Unfortunately, he struck his leg on the wall and fell down after which I assisted him up onto an examination bed. Thereafter, he said his knees were hurt and had an X-ray which showed he had a less than 2cm fracture on the right knee.

“Dr. Isiah observed what happened that we were not involved in a scuffle but a friendly encounter. Also, Dr. Mai, a female Sudanese doctor, briefly saw we were joking and walked away.

“About some hours later, Dr. Adel Idris came with police, claiming that I assaulted him. I asked him did I assault you? He said No, then why call police?

“He never answered. This was on several occasions. On explaining to the hospital management, they understood the situation and pleaded with him not to go forward with his complaint, but he insisted.”

The letter stated further: “The whole hospital management and Sudanese community have pleaded and even offered him financial compensation, change of hospital and job description, but he declined all.

“Moreover, the policemen at the station also pleaded with him to resolve this issue amicably, but he declined. At this point, everyone has been trying to get to him to plead with him. Yet he is nowhere to be found neither does he pick his calls nor respond to messages.

“I have been in police custody for days with no progress on the issue. My health has been affected and no one to assist me as I do not know anyone in the community and even Saudi as a whole.

“I am pleading with the Nigerian Government, Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa and the Nigerian in Diaspora Commission to intercede on my behalf so that I can have a quick resolution to this matter and attend to my health.

“I am frustrated with the situation, as I am deteriorating physically and mentally in the cell. Please assist me swiftly,” he pleaded.

www.thisdaylive.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by beautyhd: 4:18am On Sep 30, 2022
No place like home.

Most of these countries know we are running away from Nigeria and hence treat us as rags.

Abike , over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:53am On Sep 30, 2022
But working conditions are bad in Nigeria enjoy your work

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by sihamey: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2022
Japa gone wrong
Expectations verses Reality abroad sometimes make you reason Nigeria. No place like home
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Goodman247: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2022
beautyhd:
No place like home.

Most of these countries know we are running away from Nigeria and hence treat us as rags.

Abike , over to you.
if you read his narration, it is not the authorities that are treating him badly, it is his colleague a fellow African, after the police and others have begged him, he is still.pressing for assault.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by jesmond3945: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2022
Goodman247:
if you read his narration, it is not the authorities that are treating him badly, it is his colleague a fellow African, after the police and others have begged him, he is still.pressing for assault.
my brother that you have black skin with another african doesnt mean you are brothers or friends. Experience has taught me that.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Yemlizzy(f): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2022
This is sad, I don’t like wish core Muslim countries for anyone. Their ways are extreme, I hope you get the help you deserve.
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by ednut1(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2022
Yemlizzy:
This is sad, I don’t like wish core Muslim countries for anyone. Their ways are extreme, I hope you get the help you deserve.
his fellow African is responsible not Saudi. They pay over 4k usd per month as at 2020. People will still go there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by AgentGoat: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2022
Everybody don beg him. Wetin he still want?
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by beautyhd: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2022
Goodman247:

What are you saying, like the police can’t release him if they want to?

The man can be bigger than the hospital and not the police.
They refused to release him because he’s black and a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Vilgax: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
beautyhd:

What are you saying, like the police can’t release him if they want to?

The man can be bigger than the hospital and not the police.
They refused to release him because he’s black and a Nigerian.

no, the police can't just "release him if they want to".

as long as the Sudanese colleague insists on pressing charges, he will be held till his date in court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Wilson500: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is not ordinary
Even village people dey follow japa to torment their Victims
This is a case of juju without borders
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Yemlizzy(f): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
ednut1:
his fellow African is responsible not Saudi. They pay over 4k usd per month as at 2020. People will still go there.
I know, but he is a Muslim person that’s what i’m saying. Most believe in an eye for an eye or taking extreme measures irrespective of who is wrong.
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Helpout12345: 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
No lawyers in Saudi Arabia again? Get a lawyer as soon as possible.
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Harkstetunz: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
cry
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Asquare84(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
I think Nigeria is a zoo, that nothing work well. Don't call on the Nigeria government use the Saudi Arabia government to prove your innocent
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by ibechris(m): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
ednut1:

Not true.

Say what u know.
Two Nigerians that I know there, one of them is my best man's younger brother and the other is my friend's brother and they don't earn anything close to that amount.

Except u are a consultant.
Re: Nigerian Doctor In Saudi Arabia Cries Out Over Unfair Treatment By Police. by Muoweta: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
We'll there are some inconsistency in this his letter......Viz a slight push and there was injury and fracture to the bone?? Please it is more than a slight push.
We always forget we r not home so making most of us misbehave at every given opportunity. What's ur business with a colleague coming late ? Are you his employer? This same foolishness of Nigeria follow u abroad

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Travelling From Benue State To Offa, Kwara State / Total Expenses Of Phd(management) or Msc( offshore) abroad / Who Has A Clue On How To Secure Gabonese Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.