Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma (3125 Views)

Explain Why CTC Of Judgment Is On Tinubu’s Counsel Letterhead - Atiku's Aide To / Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children / Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by iSense247: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma Banyang
The Senior Pastor at Shekinah Global Ministries, Jos, Plateau State, Reverend Danjuma Banyang, has disclosed that the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, gave millions of Naira to the clerics that met with him in Abuja.

Last week, Tinubu met with over 100 Bishops of Northern extraction under the aupicises of Northern Pentacostal Bishops led by Arch. Bishop John Praise Daniel.

Recall that shortly after the meeting, it was rumoured that Tinubu, a Muslim from the southwest, bribed the clerics in a bid to win the support of Northern Christians following the backlash which followed his selection of Senator Kashim Shettima, a fellow Muslim from Borno State, as his running mate.

According to a story which circulated on social media, a source in the meeting said Archbishop Praise received the sum of N100 million, while other clerics got amounts ranging from N50, N20, N10, N5 and N1 million, depending on ranking.

However, one of the clerics has now publicly admitted to receiving monetary inducement from Tinubu.

Reverend Danjuma Banyang, the Senior Pastor at Shekinah Global Ministries, in a lengthy post shared in a WhatsApp group called “Blunt Truth”, for which he is the admin, confirmed that all the clerics were given money by Tinubu.

He however, did not reveal how much he was given but said the money was tagged as “transport money”.

“At the end, breakfast was served, with some campaign souvenirs, like towels, tea mugs, notebooks and some transport money to all attendants,” he said.

However, following reactions after he admitted to being bribed by Tinubu, Reverend Banyang tendered an apology in another piece he posted.

He said it was an error of judgment on his part to have participated in the meeting and to have even collected Tinubu’s money.

It read thus:

“Error of judgment”

“As soon as I reported the meeting here there was an outcry about it! Many called me personally to voice their concern and how this would be interpreted by the larger Body of Christ and Nigerians in general! I appreciate your love and maturity.

“For the many reasons advanced here and by those who reached out to me, it has occurred to me that this was an error of judgement on my part to have accepted to attend the meeting, and also on the part of the organizers!

“But I wish to correct some wrong impressions! The meeting did not take place at BAT’s campaign office but in a hotel. Also, it was not the group that invited BAT! He got in touch with Archbishop Praise John Daniel, the National Vice President of PFN, and therefore, the most senior PFN official in the North! Bishop Jonas Katung is also a National Advisory Council member of the PFN. They are well known and respected Christian leaders across this country and perhaps beyond! But given the reasons expressed here, they should have anticipated the backlash that would follow the meeting and rejected it!

“Brothers and sisters in Christ, this meeting was well intentioned but was obviously held in error of judgement, not anticipating the reactions that would follow! Some people have ascribed base motives for holding the meeting, knowing some of us involved, this is hardly charitable!

“But what has happened has given me and am (sic) sure the conveners some lessons learnt the hard way! I can promise you that none of such will happen again, and if it does I won’t be part of it.

“Can we then bury the hatchets now, please? At least on this platform! Thank you!”

Recall that barely two days after the clerics met with Tinubu the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) disowned the ‘Pentecostal Bishops’ Forum of Northern Nigeria.

The Deputy National Secretary of PFN, Bishop David Bakare, said such group does not exist within the PFN, saying, “there is nothing in PFN that is regional based like Southern or Northern Pentecostal Bishops.

“The PFN was not part of the meeting with the presidential candidate that was highly politicised. We are, however, aware of the ripples in the public domain about this matter. I am speaking officially to clarify that PFN has nothing to do with that,” he stated.

Continuing, Bakare said: “The PFN is an arm of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the position of the fellowship on the same faith presidential ticket of the APC has not changed. I am speaking to you officially and authoritatively that the ranks of the Christian community and of course, the PFN, which I represent, is not broken at all.

“The Pentecostal Bishops’ Forum of Northern Nigeria is not known to the PFN. The forum does not have any affiliation or relationship with the PFN that is registered with the government of this nation. The position of the PFN on same faith ticket still stands as it was in the beginning and we have not, for any reason, shifted our position on that matter.

https://kakaakireporters.com/2022/09/30/tinubu-gave-us-money-i-apologise-for-my-error-of-judgment-rev-danjuma-byang/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by GardenOfGod(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2022
Thieves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2022
Can you imagine

5 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by KingKO22: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2022
Kaakaaakiiroperter of IPOB and BIAFURO republic.

IPOB news outlets from Landlocked dot in a circle republic.

A vote for Bitter Obituary is a vote for IPOB and ESN militants

Read the thread below and you will understand why we are rejecting dullard Obituary like a plague

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by lhordspy: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2022
"Reverend Danjuma Banyang, the Senior Pastor at Shekinah Global Ministries, in a lengthy post shared in a WhatsApp group called “Blunt Truth”, for which he is the admin , confirmed that all the clerics were given money by Tinubu."

Funny. This world is crazy. cheesy

Just read that line up there concocted from the dumb uncreative miscreant that championed this Propaganda fake news. Lol. You should give it another try, the sane minds smells the lies from afar. The person should atleast be creative when trying to cook a propaganda as big as this to we the sane minded.

The write-up reeks of same propaganda group of nonentity miscreant who wrote same fake Adamu circular that was shared to the public few days ago. Which was later debunked and busted to be a lie though.

You can smell the uncreative and bad attempt at creating a fake information from distance.

Until Nigeria government start sueing some miscreants as* for fake new dissemination and distribution. This nonsense will never stop.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Righteousness2(m): 11:54am On Sep 30, 2022
The Pastor sounds like someone with a Conscience. He admits he has done wrong by receiving inducements. I Believe he should be pardoned.

My Admonishment to anyone who calls himself or herself a Pastor is to be careful so as not to be a Gehazi or Demas.

Nigeria is on a delicate period and Season. And if you decide to be a tool for the devil , you will pay the price. And it could be a Generational price.

There is no harm in meeting with any candidate, but tell them the truth. Do not sell the faith for onions and carrots.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by OhMyG0d: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2022
The day we introduce capital punishment for bribery and abetting corrupt practices, that's the day, Nigeria start living.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2022
Ok. Since it is from the bullion van, the shepherd should share it among his church members and title each share "bullion from Lagos".
That's the law of restitution

9 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by rusher14: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2022
Does that make him a fake Bishop?
Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by OhMyG0d: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2022
KingKO22:

Read the thread below and you will understand why we are rejecting dullard Obituary like a plague

My friend, Science had taught us that, people who hate others, doesn't live long.
If you want to live long, don't allow hatred in your life.
Just a friendly reminder.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by KingKO22: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2022
The news outlets is as terrible as dullard Bitter Obituary grin

If you like open 30 websites to spread fake news about Jagaban
We don't send you.

Obituary is your president in Biafuro
But
Tinubu is our next president in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by stonemasonn: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2022
Only God knows how much baba budgeted for his campaign.

8 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by iSense247: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2022
We Yoruba Christians will vote Peter Obi since Tinubu is on Muslim Muslim ticket. When MURIC told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, Tinubu supported MURIC on that, so we Yoruba Christians are not fools to vote muslim-terrorist ticket.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Cyntie55(f): 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
This Tinubu is a criminal. Everything about Tinubu is creepy and full of lies

He lied about his name (Yekini Amoda)
He lied about his age (84 years old)
He lied about his health status (he poo & pee on his body)
He lied about his source of income (drug lord)
He lied about his school certificate. (SSCE holder)

Everything about him are full of lies. I wonder why some group of healthy people are supporting a sick man to rule them.

9 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by AntiTerrorist: 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
No spirit-filled Christian will vote Kleptomaniac-Terrorist ticket (Muslim-muslim ticket) ticket at this time in Nigeria's history when there's a good alternative in Peter Obi. You can't Islamise us again.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Pandev(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
obituarists and lies cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Oddfinder001: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
cheesy
Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by slickbak(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
Money answereth all.
The bishop knows this, that’s why he didn’t reject the funds.

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by AntiTerrorist: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
KingKO22:
The ne
No amount of bullion vans will save Tinubu from eminent disgrace come 2023. Even if he buys all Nigerian Pastors. Enough is enough.

A big NO to muslim-terrorist ticket. You can't Islamise us again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Penguin2: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
Criminal like him.

But where is Tinubu?

6 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by slivertongue: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2022
APC is a scam.

APC believe in shopping for support

4 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by 9jahotblog: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
I hope you can see the level of corruption and bribery the clueless Drug baron Tinubu indulged on. That’s who he’s. He organised fake bishop in Abuja last July. You can see the level of corruption in APC government. That’s why they failed woefully in governance. Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Hydroxide(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
KingKO22:

mumu man. Stop thinking any news or report against Tinubu is from the The east and stop fooling yourself thinking all those supporting Peter Obi is from the east. Na only God know how many times people on Nairaland don come me ipob cos I'm a peter obi supporter. Make Una wise abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by clarocuzioo(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
okooo
Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Newton2024: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
iSense247:
Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma Banyang
https://kakaakireporters.com/2022/09/30/tinubu-gave-us-money-i-apologise-for-my-error-of-judgment-rev-danjuma-byang/
Tinubu thinks Muslims can get presidential and vice presidential slots while but bribe less than 100 Pastors to have his way. Tinubu, if you like buy all the Pastors in Nigeria, yet you are going nowhere.

Meanwhile these are terrorists recruited to be defending Kleptomaniac-Terrorist ticket online. Abdul05 drlateef MuhamMad Akeem Antichrist. Take note.

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by BiafraAburi: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Why is he apologizing? Just chop the money, clean mouth and vote wisely, after all it's your own money that Tinubu stole and gave you back some change.

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by SmellyNyash: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Thunder fire Tilumbu in his hospital bed in London
Nonsense criminal

2 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by drlateef: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Newton2024:
Tinubu thinks Muslims can get presidential and vice presidential slots while but bribe less than 100 Pastors to have his way. Tinubu, if you like buy all the Pastors in Nigeria, yet you are going nowhere.

Meanwhile these are terrorists recruited to be defending Kleptomaniac-Terrorist ticket online. Abdul05 drlateef MuhamMad Akeem Antichrist. Take note.

You are trying to malign powers much greater than you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by Aladdin1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
At least he spoke the truth and repented. unlike some others that collected and ate their own largess without talking. probably because they believe that when you are eating you should not talk.anyway Bishop you are forgiven.now go and sin no more.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by floret23(f): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
iSense247:
Yekini Amoda Ogunlere Sangotade A.K.A Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is the most corrupt, most deceptive and the most controversial man in world's history. Seun lalasticlala Mynd44, OAM4J can testify to this truth. May Tinubu not befall Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by SmellyNyash: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
KingKO22:

Fool
Tilumbu is trying to bribe his way into aso Rock but we the reasonable youths will resist him. Old criminal with no conscience

1 Like

Re: ‘Tinubu Gave Us Money, I Apologise For My Error Of Judgment’ – Rev. Danjuma by SolarEngr(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nice one, lesson learned.

If they give you money, collect.

Later apologize to you goons for collecting the money.

Thanks for the lesson Bishop.

You know you business needs electricity to progress, yet you don't care, or you keep wasting money on fuel, check my signature jor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Atiku Gives Reasons Why Buhari Is Reluctant In Campaigning For Tinubu / Breaking: See What Vice- President Ifeanyi Okowa Is Doing Right Now (picture) / Leaked Audio: Obi's Dream To Be President Of Nigeria Has Just Died - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.