Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) (12404 Views)

Breaking News: Xenophobia Attacks In Johannesburg, South Africa---Photos / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / South Africa Gautrain Opens Johannesburg-pretoria Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
I was hoping that winter was over but to my amazement this morning it started snowing  angry .Snow does not usually fall during winter in johannesburg,we normally get cold tempratures but no snow.The last time i witnessed snow was in 2005 but it is back now.We have had winter for the past 3 months and i was hoping it will be over in AUGUST but i guess like most people say,SA's weather is just unpredictable.

I was looking forward to a mild spring weather this Ausgust so i and the family can hang out at the pool but i guess the kids will have to wait a little while to play with daddy.I uploaded some pics of my house covered in snow.The snow is not that thick but the temperature is "chilling" .Time to whip out a cup of hot Milo and play some xbox 360 games  grin

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by werepeLeri: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2011
so?
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
More

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
More

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
More

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
More

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Bawss1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nice pictures but this thread will be best in the Travel section.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by hercules07: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
Playmode, na the house you dey build be this or that one nefa dey completed?
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
hercules07:

Playmode, na the house you dey build be this or that one nefa dey completed?

No this is the first one.I bought it on bond a few years back ,i didn't build it.The other one should be completed by December if enough pepper rest.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by playmode(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2011
Bawss1:

Nice pictures but this thread will be best in the Travel section.

Thanks i was not sure which section to put it ,i checked the travel section earlier and all i saw was people advertisng visas so i was not sure if was appropriate there.

Moderators please move this thread to the appropriate section.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
Its snowing in New Zealand also - they haven't seen show there in 80 years.

All part of the earth changes.

Soon S.A will experience an ice age.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by saintneo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2011
that's their winter. . . .they should expect it
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by havoc37(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
Wow, it looks beautiful there, thanks for sharing OP
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by morpheus24: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sun of god:

Its snowing in New Zealand also - they haven't seen show there in 80 years.

All part of the earth changes.

Soon S.A will experience an ice age.

How can Sa experience ice age. Hia!
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by tpia5: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2011
snow isnt so uncommon in parts of africa- particularly the extreme edges of the continent.

there's a light-ish sort of snow which is occasionally seen in SA and maybe some other areas. Not sure if something similar was reported in lagos before.

many of the tallest mountains in africa are snow-capped- eg kilimanjaro.

parts of north africa also have light snowfalls.

kilimanjaro:

http://www.vytautas.com/gallery/2004/01kilimanjaro/01kilimanjaro.htm
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by LoveKing(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2011
it snowed just last 2 weeks in benin. the area it happened is full of witches and mammy water.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Natasha2(f): 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^even in Bayelsa and also for two weeks  grin grin
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by 195(f): 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
Natasha,,:

^^even in Beyelsa and also for two weeks grin grin
shocked shocked
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by dogice(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
Natasha,,:

grin grin grin
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by novaman: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
whats the big deal; lot of snow in Surulere, Lagos, even right now I can't open my door I had to go out through the roof
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Yeske2(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
LoveKing:

it snowed just last 2 weeks in benin. the area it happened is full of witches and mammy water.
The snow no be small thing o. ROTFLMAO
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2011
Its snowing in Ikeja!
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by snowdrops(m): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2011
@ 190 and co

Una no dey sleep wink
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by darne(m): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2011
snowdrops:

@ 190 and co

Una no dey sleep wink

Yes na for ur dream you dey reply cheesy cheesy

I`m wondering when this snow will start dey fall for Naija undecided undecided Maybe it would be a sign of Blessing In Nigeria undecided LOL Snow snow go away little shildren wants to playyy grin grin grin grin
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 16, 2011
@OP nice pictures! Weather is extremely unpredictable these days in just about everywhere lol.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by eros(m): 1:42am On Aug 16, 2011
LoveKing:

Natasha,,:

novaman:

whats the big deal; lot of snow in Surulere, Lagos, even right now I can't open my door I had to go out through the roof

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Jburg: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2011
@POSTER,

NO BE SMALL THING OOOHHHH, MY CHEST NEARLY BLOCKED YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP IN THE MORNING PUT ON SHORT LIVES AS IN WE ARE ENTERING SUMMER YOU KNOW AND BOIL OUT,WHEN I GET TO RANBERG EVERYWHERE WAS CHILLING,I WAS FORCE TO BUY A JACKET OF 500 RAND THAT YESTERDAY TO COVER MYSELF!!!

IT WAS FUCKING CHILL YESTERDAY, I DON'T SLEEP WHILE HEATER IS ON BUT I ON IT THROUGHOUT UP TILL THIS MOMENT IS STILL ON!
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by adeyt: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2011
It's the lord's doing.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Nwaaba1(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2011
white people should pls hold their snow , our rain is not good to us talkless of snow lol.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2011
werepeLeri:

so?

To you, it may be a boring topic, but the thread title was clear. You simply chose to click on it. To others, (well, certainly me) snow in South Africa is news, and quite interesting.
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by GbagaunCop: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2011
till significant development is seen in 9ja, snow no fit fall grin grin
Re: Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) by slap1(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2011
^
^
Which means snow is now. . .what? Angel Mike, or Gabriel?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

George Alexander Louis Is The Name Of The Royal Baby / Top 15 Countries With The Highest Population In The World. / Pictures From Barack Obama 2013 Presidential Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.