Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos (4535 Views)

Youths Playing Football In The Street Of Okota, Lagos On Election Day (Photo) / Atiku Abubakar Playing Football In His Compound (Video) / Photo Of Adamu Kwanate Who Slumped & Died During Political Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by November1857(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2022

1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Zonefree(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
God rest his soul.

These days, I'm more a spectator than a participant in football games.

8 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by crestedaguiyi: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2022
Just like that ?
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by OnionBandit(f): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
Death comes to man unannounced, yet man goes around boasting about his wealth children and achievements.

This was how a friend died recently in Lagos. Returned from a relative's house only to slump and die. He had plans just like every man till death came to take him away

I am sure this young man has promised some people one thing or the other tomorrow. Our Tomorrow is in the hands of God.

May we have reasons to smile when we meet our maker.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by MufasaLion: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
He probably had health issue that was either not diagnosed or not properly managed. Nigerians need to take their health more serious!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by PlayerMeji: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
They should have administered CPR to him first before the person with camera dey take picture!

19 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Zonefree(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
MufasaLion:
He probably had health issue that was either not diagnosed or not properly managed. Nigerians need to take their health more serious!
But, i thought doctors advised we should be exercising to avoid health issues.

4 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by MufasaLion: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Exercise doesn't stop you from consulting a physician to know the state of your health and how to manage it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Zonefree(m): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

Exercise doesn't stop you from consulting a physician to know the state of your health and how to manage it.
Is exercise good for the body or not?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by MufasaLion: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Is exercise good for the body or not?

Are you a kid that I need to spoonfeed? What's difficult in comprehending what I wrote up there?

Go back and read it. You are eager to quote comment and ask dumb questions instead of being patient and comprehend.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Zonefree(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

Are you a kid that I need to spoonfeed? What's difficult in comprehending what I wrote up there?

Go back and read it. You are eager to quote comment and ask dumb questions instead of being patient and comprehend.
What you wrote there and here are gibberish. How do you ascertain he didn't consult a physician to know the state of his health?

3 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Okoroawusa: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
PlayerMeji:
They should have administered CPR to him first before the person with camera dey take picture!
My thoughts exactly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
crestedaguiyi:
Just like that ?

Undetected underlying health condition. The bane of Nigerian health care effort.

In civilised Western nation, regular health checks are rigorously encouraged so problems can be picked up and optimal health maintained as much as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by MufasaLion: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

What you wrote there and here are gibberish. How do you ascertain he didn't consult a physician to know the state of his health?

I never ascertain anything. I only gave you the fact. Probability that he knew the state of his health is little to zero. An average Nigerian prefers to patronize a roadside pharmacy whenever they have health challenges.

Some of you will even rush to Nairaland to ask questions instead of you to be on your way to the clinic to consult a professional.
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by ElSudani: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
We all live by the special grace of God. Never mock anyone's health because you have no control over when your own time is up.
Lesson to our overzealous zombies and their candidate.

1 Like

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Exercising itself is always positive and helpful towards maintaining health.

Yet, strenuous exercise can dangerous or even fatal for those with undetected underlying health condition especially heart or circulation-related.

This is why regular health checks should be compulsory in Nigeria.
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by samwash(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
Abeg ooo !! Guys always check your BP & cholesterol level, it's very important even when you engage in exercise.
Christian Eriksen comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by hisexcellency34: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2022
Exhaustion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by RZArecta(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2022
PlayerMeji:
cctv
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Zonefree(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

I never ascertain anything. I only gave you the fact. Probability that he knew the state of his health is little to zero. An average Nigerian prefers to patronize a roadside pharmacy whenever they have health challenges.

Some of you will even rush to Nairaland to ask questions instead of you to be on your way to the clinic to consult a professional.

What you feel is never a fact.

Some of the professionals in clinics are also Nairalanders. Some of them are not selfish and greedy with information. Some prescribed drugs and solutions to problems here. So, one is not wrong to seek solutions here on Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by MufasaLion: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

What you feel is never a fact.

Some of the professionals in clinics are also Nairalanders. Some of them are not selfish and greedy with information. Some prescribed drugs and solutions to problems here. So, one is not wrong to seek solutions here on Nairaland.

You're ignorant. Why would a certified doctor prescribe medication without any diagnosis?

Y'all keep killing yourselves! Keep it up!
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Arda1000(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
It’s a heart related thing, though it can be hard to dictate but it does give you signs, in the first video he felt it but tried to continue when the ball was coming towards him…
And his friends around didn’t help matters they should have made him lie to his left side instead of his back.
I had to stop soccer and instead do normal running because of heart issues.
RIP to him.

1 Like

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by rusher14: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
candidtalk:

Undetected underlying health condition. The bane of Nigerian health care effort.

In civilised Western nation, regular health checks are rigorously encouraged so problems can be picked up and optimal health maintained as much as possible.

People still slump and die abroad.
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
rusher14:

People still slump and die abroad.

Not denying that. My point is that better regular checks in Nigeria may have helped to prevent this man's death.

1 Like

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Rip to the young man.

1 Like

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by rusher14: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

Not denying that. My point is that better regular checks in Nigeria may have helped to prevent this man's death.

It behoves on the citizens.

Most of our government owned hospitals are free or reasonably priced.
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Doubleoh7: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
A simple CPR procedure would have probably kept this man alive today. Even if you are healthy and involved in a strenuous physical exercise, your hear breath can instantly change rhythm and the person might drop dead. No be camera the person needs at that point but simple CPR, every second counts oo. Christian Eriksen is alive and still balling today because of the quick thinking and actions of his team captain b4 the medics arrived, imagine if they were all snapping pictures, by now the world would have lost such a skillful midfielder
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
rusher14:

It behoves on the citizens.

Most of our government owned hospitals are free or reasonably priced.

You're right sha. Just checked now and resting ECG tests, though not free, are reasonably affordable in Nigerian hospitals. They can detect heart problems and prevent deaths.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/10/30/how-much-does-ecg-test-cost-in-nigeria/

ECG Test Cost
It depends on the type, the radiologist and the diagnostic centre. For example, in Nigeria (Lagos, Benin-city, Abuja, and Port Harcourt), resting ECG costs about #5,000 to #6,000 naira. The price of stress and 24-hour electrocardiography is about #15,000 and #45,000 respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Mercury12(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
RIP!
Men don't know that stress kills.

Men don't let any daughter of eve or murderfucker trouble or pressure your soul. Drink your water and drop your cup jejely. Run your race at your own pace and watch your health
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by Rich4god(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ordinary CPR would have saved this guys life.

This is why CPR is supposed to be taught right from primary sch.
Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by OKOATA(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
PlayerMeji:
cry
You are right though, one of my supervisor at work told us how he saved his dead dad, he just came back from NYSC and found people crying at home. He met his dad stone dead and people already crying.
The man had a heart attack. My supervisor said he passed away a min ago just as he was about to enter the house, he performed a CPR and his dad woke up. He was driven to the hospital and he became well. He later died of old age.

1 Like

Re: Moment Man Slumped, Died While Playing Football In Lekki, Lagos by 2elliot: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
November1857:

Watch below

https://twitter.com/nigeriantribune/status/1576604439724818434?t=wVh7H0aYP1tp1cnDBtUWCQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/nigeriantribune/status/1576605535939440641?t=wVh7H0aYP1tp1cnDBtUWCQ&s=19
Very unfortunate! I don't know if he took those vaccines. Nigerians should never take the covid vaccines. We shouldnever be decieved by Killer Gates and his band of eugenics. I have been sounding the alarm. Covid is fake, but the vaccines are what is killing people; those are depopulation vaccines. Those who have taken it have less than ten years to live. People are falling and dying on the streets, dying in their sleeps, e.t.c without causes. Unlike normal heart attacks, you have little chance recovering if you took it. Most persons I know that took these vaccines are always complaining of sicknesses. Please be warned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Never Landed On The Moon / Yar'adua Repudiates NIA Memo On El Rufai And Ribadu, Fires Dg Imohe ! / You Have Some Explanation To Give - Yobe State Governor Tells GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.