Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) (1705 Views)

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2023
Just imagine what was causing the exceptionally high fuel consumption on a 2010 Honda Accord with 4 cylinder engine.

My customer bought this car just before xmas. One full tank for just 100 kilometer use.

Catalyst components removed and all sorts of welding and stuffing done inside the mufflers.

We had to replace the ENTIRE exhaust system.

Have that car inspected properly before you buy.

Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2023
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2023
Later

1 Like

Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by KingMack(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2023
do proper check upp before buying a car infact go with 3 different mechanics on separate occasions undecided

1 Like

Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by marlow1962(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2023
Normally . Wahala for who no know car and na only am walka go buy car (premium tears 90% loading)
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by nurey(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
cardoctor:
Just imagine what was causing the exceptionally high fuel consumption on a 2010 Honda Accord with 4 cylinder engine.

My customer bought this car just before xmas. One full tank for just 100 kilometer use.

Catalyst components removed and all sorts of welding and stuffing done inside the mufflers.

probably each cylinder was supercharged making the car a quadroppru... english fail me grin
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by fineboynl(m): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
cardoctor:

is the car okay now.?

If yes how much did he spent? Plus amount he bought the car.

I want to check something what year is the honda accord.

The problem is most Nigerians don't want to spend money to maintain their car. They end up selling it after they have killed it and can't take it anymore.
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by cardoctor(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2023
fineboynl:
is the car okay now.?

If yes how much did he spent? Plus amount he bought the car.

I want to check something what year is the honda accord.

The problem is most Nigerians don't want to spend money to maintain their car. They end up selling it after they have killed it and can't take it anymore.

Perfectly fixed and running smoothly now.
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by AutoManual: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2023
cardoctor:

Perfectly fixed and running smoothly now.
high. I think my accord consume fuel too. The seller told me the catalyst is still intact but I haven't inspect it. I have used more than 65 litres for 170miles with AC. It's V6 honda.

Yesterday I cleaned the air filter, from scan it shows cylinder misfiring. I changed all 6 plug to Belgium plug.
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by Angrygoat: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2023
The toks plugs u bought too were removed from an engine. Original 6 plugs costs aout 25$, fake from 8k up2ards. If you dont use the right plugs mqde for your car,it will consumefuel. Go online and read the type of plugs gan gan for your car. Catalyst has lil impact on fuel consumption. Other factorsauxh as hard accelerations, hard brakes,AC on,faulty injector mouth,clogged nozzles,etc
AutoManual:
high. I think my accord consume fuel too. The seller told me the catalyst is still intact but I haven't inspect it. I have used more than 65 litres for 170miles with AC. It's V6 honda.

Yesterday I cleaned the air filter, from scan it shows cylinder misfiring. I changed all 6 plug to Belgium plug.

1 Like

Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by AutoManual: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
Angrygoat:
The toks plugs u bought too were removed from an engine. Original 6 plugs costs aout 25$, fake from 8k up2ards. If you dont use the right plugs mqde for your car,it will consumefuel. Go online and read the type of plugs gan gan for your car. Catalyst has lil impact on fuel consumption. Other factorsauxh as hard accelerations, hard brakes,AC on,faulty injector mouth,clogged nozzles,etc
the mechanic said 9k for the 6 plug. when he removed the plugs. there was black sooth on the plugs. used plug he said 4k for the 6.

from indication the plug they remove from my car were new plugs. just that the black dried sooth are at the plug.

shouldnt i have wash and cleaned it instead of buying used plugs? because those 6 he removed from my own he might wash them and sell as used plug too.

They were neat and new.

Also the air filter has dust and he give it to vulcanizer to blow them out with pump.

i already cleared the check engine code with scanner. just hope it doesnt come again and the fuel improve.

65littre of full tank how many miles it should have take on city driving? v6.
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by Angrygoat: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2023
A v6 on a city driving which consists of drive,brake,traffic,stop,off engine ,go out,come back after 30mins or an hour. Start engin3,drive,stop,brake,go ,brake,drive,brake. U can never reach your factory mpg. Like I said used original plugs like 15 to 20k,original gan gan brand new 45k upwards. All toks plugs are fake/copys/clones. If u need original plug from France or USA,visit amazon or aliexpress. U will see the price of 1plug will almost be 10k or less,just 1 plug oh. Cabin filter and air filter have no effect,its not like leaves or nylon bags were blocking the air passage. Buy original plugs from abroad and rest. U have wasted a lot of money and mechanic dey use u chop.
AutoManual:
the mechanic said 9k for the 6 plug. when he removed the plugs. there was black sooth on the plugs. used plug he said 4k for the 6.

from indication the plug they remove from my car were new plugs. just that the black dried sooth are at the plug.

shouldnt i have wash and cleaned it instead of buying used plugs? because those 6 he removed from my own he might wash them and sell as used plug too.

They were neat and new.

Also the air filter has dust and he give it to vulcanizer to blow them out with pump.

i already cleared the check engine code with scanner. just hope it doesnt come again and the fuel improve.

65littre of full tank how many miles it should have take on city driving? v6.

1 Like

Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by AutoManual: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
Angrygoat:
A v6 on a city driving which consists of drive,brake,traffic,stop,off engine ,go out,come back after 30mins or an hour. Start engin3,drive,stop,brake,go ,brake,drive,brake. U can never reach your factory mpg. Like I said used original plugs like 15 to 20k,original gan gan brand new 45k upwards. All toks plugs are fake/copys/clones. If u need original plug from France or USA,visit amazon or aliexpress. U will see the price of 1plug will almost be 10k or less,just 1 plug oh. Cabin filter and air filter have no effect,its not like leaves or nylon bags were blocking the air passage. Buy original plugs from abroad and rest. U have wasted a lot of money and mechanic dey use u chop.
not expecting the manufacture mpg on foreign and Nigeria used car. As far as the car is now new. You can’t get to the actual mpg as stated.

But i have always divided it in two. For the car to he fuel efficient it show pass the half make of mpg not below.
Re: Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) by Angrygoat: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2023
Dey do top up everyday,even if na 2k. No make the fuel guage pass half tank. Do this for 2 weeks.not really everyday,but maybe every two 3 days do top up,2k fuel go boost u to at least 2nd or 3rd mark b4 full tank on guage. From there study your duel,e fit be fake fuel pump,weak fuel pump or non recommended plugs u r using.
AutoManual:
not expecting the manufacture mpg on foreign and Nigeria used car. As far as the car is now new. You can’t get to the actual mpg as stated.

But i have always divided it in two. For the car to he fuel efficient it show pass the half make of mpg not below.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Valued At Half Of BMW / Changing Tyre Specs / Help: My Car Is Not Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.