Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Advise Urgently Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Urgently Needed (331 Views)

Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed / Please I Need An Advise Urgently / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Urgently Needed by ayotade09(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good evening i kindly need your advice i dont know if i am overreacting or i am being selfish. my mum is 54years and seperated from my father and she have been taking care of us and have not been with a man for as long as i can remember so she can take care of me and my siblings we are 5 in numbers and she have been really fantastic in taking care of us. i am 22years of age second born and my older brother is 24 first. Where i need advice is of recent it seem my mom have been seeing someone a civil servant in lagos state government i have not met him before seems he his widowed am not against it cos i want her to be happy because she deserves to be happy where the issue is the man want to move in with even offer to be paying the house rent and taking care of her and the family but me and my older brother we are not comfortable with it we told her instead of him going through that stress he should get an apartment for her or she should move in with him cos my father abandoning us has kind of made use independent and am sure we are ready for a father figure now my brother (software developer) and me i run series of business and it is doing fine so we are capable of paying our bill that is the gist your elders in the house your advice is needed thank you
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by Wawelexy(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
Don't allow that man in, he can actually rent an apartment for your mom of he's serious.... he shouldn't disrespect you and your elder bro by moving in with you guys....
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by gaby(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Way to go.

You and your brother are on fleek.

Your suggestion is simple and straight at the same time.

No much talk needed..
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by nifemi25(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
In Nigeria laws. Any one above 18 yrs of age is an adult and he is capable of taking care of himself... why don't you and your brother got your own apartment and let your mom do whatever pleases her.
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by gidjah(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
He should be ashamed of you old guys at home na.He ought to be prepared to get a beffiting house for them both she you guys man up to start fending for your selves...this is because once the man get in with your mum, the responsibilities would be shelved,her attention is gonna be also divided big time .You guys should be well prepared for hard tines if you ain't rugged oo!!!
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by Foodqueen(f): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Move out asap.

Serious problems ahead.
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by Beremx(f): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
He should marry your mother officially and rent an apartment for both of them to live. You the kids should be on your own since you can pay your bills
Re: Advise Urgently Needed by frozen70(f): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
ayotade09:
Good evening i kindly need your advice i dont know if i am overreacting or i am being selfish. my mum is 54years and seperated from my father and she have been taking care of us and have not been with a man for as long as i can remember so she can take care of me and my siblings we are 5 in numbers and she have been really fantastic in taking care of us. i am 22years of age second born and my older brother is 24 first. Where i need advice is of recent it seem my mom have been seeing someone a civil servant in lagos state government i have not met him before seems he his widowed am not against it cos i want her to be happy because she deserves to be happy where the issue is the man want to move in with even offer to be paying the house rent and taking care of her and the family but me and my older brother we are not comfortable with it we told her instead of him going through that stress he should get an apartment for her or she should move in with him cos my father abandoning us has kind of made use independent and am sure we are ready for a father figure now my brother (software developer) and me i run series of business and it is doing fine so we are capable of paying our bill that is the gist your elders in the house your advice is needed thank you

Since you guys can pay your rent

I think the man should rent an apartment for himself and your mum can go and visit him, after the proper marriage rights have been done, she can finally move in with the man

That's how respect and responsibility can be given to the man

Then you guys will now put eyes on your mum to be sure that the man really loves her and treat her fine

Any thing short of this, if the man packs into that house, there will be issues that will lead to disregard and disrespect on the man as he will be regarded as a squater

(1) (Reply)

1st Grade Okirika/thrift For Kids And Adult. / Shop For Baby Shoes If In The USA. / US Senate Passes Same-sex Marriage Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.