Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa (4143 Views)

Why I Can Never Catch H.i.V / I Tested H.I.V Negative After 13 Years Of RAW Sex.. / Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2022
My little sister ( a medical doctor ) told me this and I doubted it until I did my little research. To say I was shocked is an understatement.
They have the highest number of people living with the virus in the world
The rate of transmission is so high
The young ones gets exposed to sex at a very young age
They hardly use protection
Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by kushma(m): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2022
Abstinence is the major way to solve the spread of this virus or always have one sex partner.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by dawnomike(m): 7:13am On Oct 04, 2022
The world seems to have forgotten the menance of the virus... I am sure the rate is ridiculously high in Nigeria as well. We only lack accurate data in tracking the spread and rate of infection like SA.

20 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by KristaPretty(f): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2022
Kenya has the highest carrier rate in the world I read.

Gone are those days when HIV seems like something deadly or a taboo. It's like malaria now and you'd be surprised to know how many of your friends have it. Most of them live long up till old age if they take their medication seriously

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by FaceTanke: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2022
Cc TMKsouth

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2022
Early exposure to sex. Loosed culture and total ignore of preventive measures.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2022
FaceTanke:
Cc TMKsouth
Yes ooo make him come explain why this shiii is so high over there

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2022
Sweetplum:
Early exposure to sex. Loosed culture and total ignore of preventive measures.

That means we still get hope for naija
Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 8:59am On Oct 04, 2022
KristaPretty:

Gone are those days when HIV seems like something deadly or a taboo. It's like malaria now and you'd be surprised to know how many of your friends have it. Most of them live long up till old age if they take their medication seriously

Better not to contract it than being placed on medication for life

8 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by chariisGRACE(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2022
Nigeria's stats are skewed.

It is possible that Nigeria has the most number of people living with the virus.

For iOS devices within Port Harcourt, please hit me up @0907.071.0870

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by marlow1962(m): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2022
H.i.v here in Nigeria too, when I want to go down that lane I stick to my rubbers (omo I dy infection lyk mad, be it any kind of infection, u no knw hu be hu)
Raw might work today, but tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Mirasteel: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2022
stunnert:
My little sister ( a medical doctor ) told me this and I doubted it until I did my little research. To say I was shocked is an understatement.
Nigeria has the highest rate of HIV AIDS, if you know how people have unprotected sex these days, u will be shocked.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Southernigbo: 10:22am On Oct 04, 2022
Do hiv and covid still exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 10:29am On Oct 04, 2022
Mirasteel:
Nigeria has the highest rate of HIV AIDS, if you know how people have unprotected sex these days, u will be shocked.
shocked cry
Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2022
Southernigbo:
Do HIV and covid still exist

H.i.v is still in town oooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Light78: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2022
stunnert:

That means we still get hope for naija

I would like you to see it this way:

In country A, the citizens take their health seriously. People get tested every 6 months.

Out of 17 million people, about 14 million get
tested and the rate of people with the disease is 78%

In country B, their health system is poor, people are not oriented. Out of 200 million people, only 5k go for tests.

The rate should be 12% for infected individuals.

Someone somewhere would think country B is the safest.

23 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2022
Light78:

I would like you to see it this way:

In country A, the citizens take their health seriously. People get tested every 6 months.

Out of 17 million people, about 14 million get
tested and the rate of people with the disease is 78%

In country B, their health system is poor, people are not oriented. Out of 200 million people, only 5k go for tests.

The rate should be 12% for infected individuals.

Someone somewhere would think country B is the safest.

This is deep but you do have a solid point sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by general111(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2022
I know a friend working as a doctor...
See ba!!!
He told me to be very careful because most girls you see are postive and they are already spreading the virus.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Southernigbo: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2022
general111:
I know a friend working as a doctor...
See ba!!!
He told me to be very careful because most girls you see are postive and they are already spreading the virus.
how can most girls have it, even gonorrhoea isn't in most girls

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Rahkman: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2022
Fuk with caution grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by KristaPretty(f): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2022
stunnert:

Better not to contract it than being placed on medication for life

You know some are born with it right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by general111(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2022
Southernigbo:
i hope you are not sleeping with girls raw oh...
Hiv is so much amongst young peoole now oh

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by abokikhalifa: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
KristaPretty:

If you contact HIV in Nigeria, you are on your own.

Lagos and Abuja are the only place you can get good medication to some extent.

Always use condom

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Broveens42(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
stunnert:

Because...the powers that be, created something in your heads as Africans and Wana prevent you from enjoying your lives and populating the planet...

South Africa is seen as emerging power from Africa....

I look forward to a rigorous campaign with slogans like.. "gonorrhea is real" ....."herpes is real abstain from unprotected sex...."

They should stop hiding under STI campaign for an agenda

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
KristaPretty:

You know some are born with it right?
Those are the only ones I feel pity for....their parents destroyed their chances of living a normal life before they were even born.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2022
Southernigbo:
Baba they no dey write am for face oooo. Please and please I take God beg you always use protection and abeg try dey advise young folks around you to always do the same and they'll be forever grateful to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by stunnert(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mirasteel:
I doubt that
Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Foodie1(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omo, once u Don contact H.I.V , e don be for you oh, infact your life will not remain the same again, please always fvck with caution they no dey write am for face, you can't differentiate between person wey dey positive and the person wey dey negative, I just did my 2nd H.I.V test, and of course I'm negative. cheesy
God bless us.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by Streett: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Cold for that area mad gan.. Women with Mad curved hips with massive bulging asses…. And dem dey squirt pieces! Dem con like fvck join….
So why not!

Nairobi… Kikuyu women like fvck scatter too

Blow the Punna small breeze and watch that pvssy squirt a fountain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
stunnert:
it is a lie and propaganda. because their former president regected antiretroviral drug because it was poisonous at the advice of a doctor known as Peter Duisburg. you only get to hear this but I. real life it is non existent. many people are falsely labeled positive just to increase the number

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romancelander: My Real Life Experience / Why Don't Most Ladies Call The Man Towards The Beginning Of A New Relationship? / Help!!! I Don't Know How To Pronounce Letter 'R'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.