Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats (856 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Obi: IPOB Has Disowned Sit-At-Home, Security Agencies Must Tackle Criminality / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Kwanza: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has faulted the Nigerian government’s proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as a terrorists’ organisation.

Obi, who spoke while featuring on Channels TV, said that IPOB was neither a terrorist organisation nor was its members terrorists.

The Anambra State-born businessman and former governor of the state maintained that IPOB members did not constitute a threat to the country.

Obi said, “The only thing I disagree with is naming IPOB terrorists; they are not terrorists. Those who took the decision may have information that I don’t have. I stay in Onitsha, and I can tell you that they are people I pass on the road every day.

“I meet and live with them; in fact, I usually see people gathering, and I have never had the sense of threat or molestation from them, even when they gather.”

Recall that in January 2017 shortly after the South-East Governors Forum led by Ebonyi State governor, David Umahi, was pressured by the President Muhammadu Buhari to ban the activities of IPOB, the Federal High Court in Abuja proscribed IPOB as a terrorists’ organisation.

IPOB appeal challenging the ruling the ex parte judgment bu Justice Abdu Kafarati, proscribing the separatist organisation is still pending before an Appeal Court in Abuja.

Justice Kafarati had on September 20, 2017, made the order proscribing IPOB and designating it as a terrorist group upon an ex parte application by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN).

The judge had while justifying the issuance of the proscription order in chambers following an ex parte application was in accordance with the provision of the Terrorism Prevention Act.

He said, “I hold that the ex parte application by the Attorney General of the Federation was properly brought.

“The Indigenous People of Biafra can sue and be sued in Nigeria. I so hold.”

He also held that hearing the AGF’s motion ex parte, did not violate the group’s right to fair hearing, rights to freedom of assembly, freedom of assembly and freedom of expression.

According to the judge, the procedure adopted by the court in hearing and issuing the ex parte order was as provided for in section 21 of the Terrorism (Prevention) Act.

He held that the AGF met all the requirements for the filing of the motion, including exhibiting the presidential order proscribing the organisaton.

“The memo of the President was attached to the application as Exhibit 11A,” he ruled.
But, IPOB had denied the terrorist tag by the Nigerian government.

However, Obi in the interview backed the claims that members of the group are not terrorists. Several Igbo leaders didn't share the terrorist tag on IPOB by the federal government.

Meanwhile, security agencies have killed several Igbo youths and hundreds disappeared without trace since 2017 under the pretext that IPOB was an unlawful organisation.
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Kwanza: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Peter obi is the new Ipob leader

His campaign group is made up of ipob and biafra supporters.

Even his number 1 defender on nairaland is a biafra and ipob supporter who hate anything not biafra. ( He knows himself) go check his old tweets on Twitter you will see the hatred he has for Nigeria and anything northern

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Moh247: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by 2elliot: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Peter obi is the new Ipob leader
He is no longer the killer of MASSOB youths ba? You be mumu.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
2elliot:

He killed his rival group massob to be number 1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by gidgiddy: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kwanza:
https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/04/ipob-members-are-not-terrorists-i-meet-live-them-without-threats-peter-obi

Nlfpmod Mynd44

What Obi said is true. As at 2017, IPOB was not armed and had no record of touching anyone. But the federal government declared it a terrorist group. What sort of terrorist group is neither armed and does not destroy life and property? It was a grave injustice that helped get us where we are today. The USA, EU and even Ohanaeze, all disagreed that IPOB was a terrorist group, so did Obi

To this dsy, 99.9% of Igbos do not believe IPOB is a terrorist group, the only people who believe that IPOB is terrorist group are usually non Igbos who dont even live in the South East

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by 2elliot: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

He killed his rival group massob to be number 1
you be mumu

3 Likes

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
2elliot:
you be mumu

Zombidients = mumu

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Bethel4Life(f): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
grin
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Urheadmaster(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
grin And this was way back 2017

2 Likes

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Akurakambe(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
These Thiefn.ubu urchins are so shameless and pathetic, imagine bringing an interview Obi granted as at 2017.

Why are these guys rattled and afraid of Peter Obi? Thief.nubu urchins are bastards and crooks. They're despicable evil.

God bless Peter Obi the incoming president of Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by GeneralPula: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Even if they’re terrorist, who cares?

The highest they can do is to keep killing people of south East..

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Urheadmaster(m): 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

What Obi said is true. As at 2017, IPOB was not armed and had no record of touching anyone. But the federal government declared it a terrorist group. What sort of terrorist group is neither armed and does not destroy life and property? It was a grave injustice that helped get us where we are today. The USA, EU and even Ohanaeze, all disagreed that IPOB was a terrorist group, so did Obi

To this dsy, 99.9% of Igbos do not believe IPOB is a terrorist group, the only people who believe that IPOB is terrorist group are usually non Igbos who dont even live in the South East

In the other way round

It has become a tribal sentiments expressed towards IPOB lipsrsealed.
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Tochj(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
2elliot:
Nothing Obi won't see for Agbado guys
1:He killed Biafra boys and threw them inside Ezu river.
2: He is the number one sponsor of Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Tochj(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
IPOB have branches in Every country of the world
Their leaders and members are known
They have Address
How are they terrorists
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Tochj:
IPOB have branches in Every country of the world
Their leaders and members are known
They have Address
How are they terrorists

They are terrorists, maybe you need glasses to see the killings in the south east.

Al Qaeda also have branches all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by KEVIND: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Every sane human knows that self determination is not a crime. Except the Fulani infested government & their apologists that think otherwise.
Nigeria is one & will remain one if equity & fairness is our watchword.
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by gidgiddy: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

They are terrorists, maybe you need glasses to see the killings in the south east.

You mean the same glasses Buhari was wearing when he proscribed IPOB in 2017 even though they were not armed and touched nobody?

But the same Buhari took off the glasses when armed herdsmen from his own tribe were killing people right across the country

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Dhury: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by FreeStuffsNG: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
This is an indictment on himself. Meeting with an outlawed group without security clearance is not allowed by law.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

You mean the same glasses Buhari was wearing when he proscribed IPOB in 2017 even though they were not armed and touched nobody?

But the same Buhari took off the glasses when armed herdsmen from his own tribe were killing people right across the country

Ipob and fulani bandits are terrorists.

Infact the killing fulani bandits have been proscribed terrorists by the government.

We know about the air raid to clear the forest of fulani bandits.

We don't see any air raid in the south east.

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Dannybammz: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
grin
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by OsunOriginal: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kwanza:

Are we sure he is not the one funding them? Security agents need to beam their search light on this guy...

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by GTkester: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
Fake news! An interview done in 2017.. Shame
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Tochj(m): 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Killings anywhere is to blamed on the Federal government
If IPOB are terrorists
Then Every Region have terrorists
Because Nowhere is safe
Herders killings are not terrorists ACT
But killings in the East are terrorists ACT
Get sense
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by MasterJayJay: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
omenka:
Mynd44, this deserves the fp. Let the whole world see Obi for who he is.
This one is crying us River Benue.

Your Buhari organized a grand reception for bokoharam terrorists under the umbrella of amnesty.

BBC did a documentary on bandits and your APC government threatened to sanction BBC, Daily Trust and other media organizations over documentary. Your wicked government is sad that BBC exposed banditry. And you are silent about it.
Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by HopeSpencer: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
gidgiddy:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by omenka(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
Folks, which other proof do you need?

Can you see the scoundrel you imagine is deserving of the stool of power on our dear country? Is this someone you imagine could call the bluff, let alone punish, the people responsible for the carnage ravaging the East?

Can you see his wholesale endorsement of the people that broke crooks out of jail, killer traditional rulers, killed people participating in voter registration, killed vigilantes, killed little girls for ritual purposes, burned down state owned institutions in the East, cannibalised innocent civilians, killer Akunyili, etc?

God forbid!!

2 Likes

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by HopeSpencer: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
GTkester:
Fake news! An interview done in 2017.. Shame

Another

1 Like

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by Kingozymandias(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
omenka:
Folks, which other proof do you need?

Can you see the scoundrel you imagine is deserving of the stool of power on our dear country? Is this someone you imagine could call the bluff, let alone punish, the people responsible for the carnage ravaging the East?

Can you see his wholesale endorsement of the people that broke crooks out of jail, killer traditional rulers, killed people participating in voter registration, killed vigilantes, killed little girls for ritual purposes, burned down state owned institutions in the East, cannibalised innocent civilians, killer Akunyili, etc?

God forbid!!

Re: Obi: IPOB Members Are Not Terrorists; I Meet, Live With Them Without Threats by omenka(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
Urheadmaster:
grin And this was way back 2017

Igbos are incorrigible liars.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Revenue Formula Of The 15 Toll Gates In Niger Bridge? / Atiku Should Be Disqualified For Making Genocidal Statement . Kenneth Okonkwo. / Increasing Number of Yorubas Are Already Supporting Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.