Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket (24539 Views)

Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Binta Garba And Idris Ahmed Fight Over APC Senatorial Ticket (VIDEO) / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Shikena(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Any ticket without a traditional worshipper as candidate is not worth my vote grin .

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Shikena(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ddokie:

You are a disgrace to the catholic church.
He is not! That is the beauty of the catholic church from time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Shikena(m): 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
Abubaushe:

The Osogbo,capital of osun state where you spoke has just elected a Christian -Christian ticket as Gov-elect/Deputy Gov-elect in a predominently muslim state!
Kudos for saying its a plitical decision that has no religion undertone,however,the sum of you not voting for same faith ticket clearly shown your position,what will be your message for your faithfuls that has voted for Christian-Christian ticket in Osun state? A job well done? If Nigerians goes on voting on religion line,then,there can only be one outcome; the one that outnumbered the other wins perpetually!!!
Be informed!!!
Thank you.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Ddokie: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Shikena:

He is not! That is the beauty of the catholic church from time immemorial.

That is not the beauty of the catholic church. A catholic is supposed to be a christian. No born again child of God can support Tinubu. None.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Diligence: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Breaking News

APC taunts Nigerians with "Competence" as a consideration to support their presidential candidates even in the face of most retrogressive and woeful performance since 1999!!

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Benez: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
I am surprised he didn't attack us like his brothers who attack whoever opposes Peter Obi's political aspiration

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Aguogba(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
As a SWern christian, before you vote for APC due to ethnicity, remember that it is only in SW that your children are struggling with Hijab saga in schools. Igbos have less than 1 percent muslims, yet they, like other well-meaning Nigerians, have condemned a muslim-muslim ticket in a country with a religious demography like ours. It is only during election that they will say, we are one, religion doesn't matter. Immediately after election, MURIC will start telling you why you must give 50/50 appointments in the whole of southwest. When last did you hear from MURIC since APC primaries? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Arysexy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
Neoteny7:
The way these christians are going on about the ticket of APC would make one wonder whether some national law was broken... until you remember no one injects religion into politics like CAN.

What political parties do within the law should be the party's business. Since CAN has a christian representative in Gringory they need to shut up and play the game. What are they still sore about? Don't they have faith that their god has already annointed Gringory?

Hypocrite

When Thiefnu.bu religious bigot attack dogs were unleashed on a fellow Yoruba BC of religion just the way he has unleashed tribal bigots now against Obi, where were you?

1 Share

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by InvertedHammer: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
/
Getting to the site today, I saw a crowd gathered at the front. I got closer and noticed an old man sitting down and being interviewed by the site supervisor. On further enquiry, I was told that he is a madman who came to disrupt their work. How? They were preparing to pour the decking and the man ran in there to tell them that he loves hardwork. To prove it, he was willing to give the workers N2000 each to let him do all the work by himself free of charge. They thought he was insane and dragged him off the property. If not for the site supervisor who arrived on time, who knows what they would have done to him.

Then I thought—Why does the man’s story seem insane while Tinubu’s story seems laudable? A rickety old man paying people to vote for him to do the stressful job of a President because he “loves” Nigeria. This is why common sense is not common. Nobody will bribe anyone to be given an opportunity to do a very stressful job if the benefits do not outweigh the input. What is in it for Tinubu?

/

2 Likes

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by unmask: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
DatNaijaGuy:
If Tinubu doesn't truth Northern Muslims to vote for him if he picks a Northern Christian, why should both Northern and Southern Christians vote for a Muslim/Muslim ticket?
Tinubu shot himself on the leg when he said as big as the North, he couldn't find a competent Christian.

We are waiting for him at the poll
A politician in Nigeria a Christian? It seems nobody actually understands who a Christian is
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by buhariguy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
shugaboy6102:
The church must never vote APC
idiotic pigs will not understand simple English.
Don't involve the church, vote your choice

2 Likes

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by harmonyglobal: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
God go shame all the people dividing this nation along ethnic and religious line.....this man didn't talk about same ticket (Christian Christian) recently elected in osun and other states practicing same faith tickets across the country. Religion should stay in the homes, Mosque and churches, y taking it into politics. This is wrong
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by unmask: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
WibusJaga:

Surely, no sensible & well-meaning Nigerian would vote for that Satanic & polarised Mu-Mu ticket that is bound to further heighten religious tensions & further divide the country along religious lines.
Apart from the mu-mu ticket, so many things are working against Thíefnubu. The sick ancestor bat is just too controversial to occupy the exalted office of the president of FRN.
The one stoking religious fires are people like the cardinal. From what I read there, there was no mention of competence. And we think our problem is a Muslim Muslim ticket. If our politicians were real Muslims or real Christians, we won't have the country we have now
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Formation10: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Throwback:
Exactly!

And I as a Christian and Catholic who has had the privilege of interacting and snapping pictures with his Eminence John Cardinal Onaiyekan, will also use my 1 vote to support Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

I have taken a political decision accordingly, with the facts of antecedents and competency, that I know a Tinubu presidency would provide a better economy for Nigerians.

I respect his decision and he's willing to respect my own. That is democratic politics, not zombiefied IPOBocrazy.

Even John Cardinal Onaiyekan would rather retire to Tinubu's Lagos than to Anambra or Adamawa.
Mr man go read again ur father no talk say him go use him vote for APC is like u like to suffer
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Neoteny7: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Arysexy:

Hypocrite

When Thiefnu.bu religious bigot attack dogs were unleashed on a fellow Yoruba BC of religion just the way he has unleashed tribal bigots now against Obi, where were you?

Idiot

MURIC alone does not speak for all Muslims.

Meanwhile every single pastor, every single charlatan, every sect, cult, denomination, all christian bodies and CAN itself have been shouting hoarse about the choices of APC.

You people should stand by your Gringory and leave APC alone.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Arysexy(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
Neoteny7:

Idiot

MURIC alone does not speak for all Muslims.

Meanwhile every single pastor, every single charlatan, every sect, cult, denomination, all christian bodies and CAN itself have been shouting hoarse about the choices of APC.

You people should stand by your Gringory and leave APC alone.

Mkpi

MURIC don't speak for Muslims but Thieffnubu used them to achieve his Mu_Mu ticket as attack dogs. Now they no longer talk having achieved their plans
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by truthfinder319: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Be civil.

You and your Peter Obi are scammers too. PANAMA PAPERS have exposed your candidate. What has this criminal got to do with your inordinate tribal ambition? You need a job

sotall:
undecided

Exactly what every sane Christian should do.

Reject APC for their disaster since 7 years.

Reject Agbado and Cassava Politician a.k.a Emilokan for choosing to divide Nigerians along religious lines

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by anonimi: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Throwback:
Exactly!

And I as a Christian and Catholic who has had the privilege of interacting and snapping pictures with his Eminence John Cardinal Onaiyekan, will also use my 1 vote to support Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

I have taken a political decision accordingly, with the facts of antecedents and competency, that I know a Tinubu presidency would provide a better economy for Nigerians.

I respect his decision and he's willing to respect my own. That is democratic politics, not zombiefied IPOBocrazy.

Even John Cardinal Onaiyekan would rather retire to Tinubu's Lagos than to Anambra or Adamawa.

Which Lagos? The one that Thiefnuibu has stolen its past, present and future glory

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

A 45-year-old resident and father of three, Mr.Fatai Lamide told PUNCH HealthWise that no building in the community has toilet facilities.

The Oyo State-born mechanic said, “We don’t have toilet in this area, including our compound. This canal that you see serves as toilet to all of us living in this area. We defecate inside nylon and throw it inside the canal.

“For people that don’t want to use nylon, they have a special bucket that they use after which they pour it inside the canal too.

https://punchng.com/cholera-outbreak-looms-in-lagos-communities-as-residents-use-canal-lagoon-as-toilet/

The lack of state-owned pipe-borne water in the homes of Lagos residents has continued to be a source of concern, a non-profit group, Corporate Accountability and Public Advocacy Africa (CAPPA) has said.

At a press event to mark this year’s World Water Day, the group said its monitoring team’s visit to state-owned waterworks showed that most of them are not operational.

The group said the waterworks it visited include the ones at Maryland, Mushin, Ikorodu, Obalende, Agbowa, Onikan, Ikoyi, and Amuwo Odofin.

Only the one in Ikoyi is producing water, according to CAPPA.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/450615-world-water-day-lagos-water-crisis-worsening-group-says.html

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by truthfinder319: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Be free. Either way; you will still vote for a Nigerian. Religion should not be the basis. This country belongs to all
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by buhariguy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
InvertedHammer:
/
Getting to the site today, I saw a crowd gathered at the front. I got closer and noticed an old man sitting down and being interviewed by the site supervisor. On further enquiry, I was told that he is a madman who came to disrupt their work. How? They were preparing to pour the decking and the man ran in there to tell them that he loves hardwork. To prove it, he was willing to give the workers N2000 each to let him do all the work by himself free of charge. They thought he was insane and dragged him off the property. If not for the site supervisor who arrived on time, who knows what they would have done to him.

Then I thought—Why does the man’s story seem insane while Tinubu’s story seems laudable? A rickety old man paying people to vote for him to do the stressful job of a President because he “loves” Nigeria. This is why common sense is not common. Nobody will bribe anyone to be given an opportunity to do a very stressful job if the benefits do not outweigh the input. What is in it for Tinubu?

/
what is Obidient looking for in aso rock, why begging to do stressful job of a president.
We sane Nigeria don't want idiotic pig of biafra terrorist to be our president.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by anonimi: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Gohitod:
Let’s be clear pls;

On Election Day, if you thumbprint for Tinubu, you’re giving Buhari a thumbs up, you’re appreciating the state of the economy, you’re telling bandits they can keep ravaging us, you’re mocking victims of ASUU strike. You’re EXTENDING TODAY’S PAIN.

In short, the person is signing on for continuity of Buhari's (non)achievements.

LieDetector:
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerians to ensure continuity of his regime by voting for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 presidential election.

“The forthcoming general elections will provide us with the opportunity to convince the electorate of the need for continuity to enable our party to consolidate on our achievements in the last 7 years,” Mr Buhari said.

The president, according to a statement by his spokesperson Femi Adesina on Friday, disclosed this while receiving a delegation from Nasarawa State.
“The Government and people of Nasarawa State, as usual, have a great role to play in returning our party to governance in the 2023 elections, in order to create a path for greater socio-economic growth and development.

“This is not only important for Nigeria alone but also for the West African Sub-Region,” the president was further quoted as saying.

https://gazettengr.com/nigerians-should-vote-tinubu-for-continuity-of-my-regime-buhari/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

1 Like

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Arysexy(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
unmask:
The one stoking religious fires are people like the cardinal. From what I read there, there was no mention of competence. And we think our problem is a Muslim Muslim ticket. If our politicians were real Muslims or real Christians, we won't have the country we have now

So competence is only found among Muslims.

That's the kind of competence Buhari gave us for 8yr, vote in another Muslim like weak and senile Thieffnubu to go another 8 yrs and when he is done, power returns to another Northern Muslim as they won't vote a Northern Christian for another 8yrs.

Ie 24yrs of straight Muslim rule.

Please in all honesty, can Muslims allow 24yrs of straight Christian rule in present Nigeria?
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Arysexy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
truthfinder319:
Be civil.

You and your Peter Obi are scammers too. PANAMA PAPERS have exposed your candidate. What has this criminal got to do with your inordinate tribal ambition? You need a job

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by dominic17: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
You are not telling yourself Truth, Tinubu will be worse than Buhari if he mistaking win in terms of competency compare Tinubu with other Governors that ruled Lagos State you will know that Tinubu is the worse Lagos governor Lagos ever have since inception of democracy. Also Tinubu is a bigot ruling this nation will lead to division of this country.His same faith ticket will bring about religious war.to sum it up Tinubu is a disaster we should all pray against. For your information, your Tinubu does not own Lagos or has more right than any Nigerian.
Throwback:
Exactly!

Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by zoedew: 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Me too!
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by BABANGBALI: 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
No practicing head slammer burn by Mohammed(stones be upon him) would ever vote for a Christian Christian ticket. Know that and know peace.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Elidrisy20: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
They should just vote obi
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Billmos: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
His opinion though but I will rather vote tinubu dan vote for that hypocrite obi.
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by Dongallant: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Pandev:
We respect your stand. Anyway, Asiwaju Jagaban is the next president of Federal Republic of Nigeria come next year.
It[color=#000099][/color]
It'll shock you to realize your Asiwaju cannot win a single state in the north. [b][/b]
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
Sunnymatey:
Plain truth
his truth anyway... If majority vote Muslim Muslim ticket there's nothing anyone can do about it... After all in 93 Abiola won with Muslim Muslim ticket beating a core Northerner Ibrahim Tofa even in his home state Kano State...
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by OgaTheTop2: 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Manny21:
He don use style talk wetin he wan every Christian to do.
Gbam!
Re: Onaiyekan: What Church Must Do Over APC’s Ticket by HeroicMeastro: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/what-church-must-do-over-apcs-ticket-onaiyekan/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1664986828
This one na man of God or title holder?
Which one be Emeritus? His Eminence?
These kind people... chai!!!
Nothing de their brain about the book self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Cost Jonathan Power In The End / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today / Mele Kyari On Refinery: Dangote Not Happy With NNPC Proposed Stake Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.