Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions (32874 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by ElijahOnyeka: 3:38am On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubu that said he doesn't care about forex because we'd receive our salaries in naira? The man doesn't even understand the process and what is involved. He's only been a banker and then a politician. A trader and economist is telling you what's best for the economy, you dey argue. Very funny.
BlessedOne01:
Na mouth Obiscam dey!

Tinibu is the only "candidate" that can stabilize as well as harness our Forex resources!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by amaham(m): 3:54am On Oct 07, 2022
baretalk:
Mr Obi import restrictions is important to build home industries. Encourage production and export, earn foreign exchange. This man is truly clueless, no sense in what he says. Too much importation is why our naira is falling.
slowpoke, since APC has halted most imports, has naira stopped falling. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by amaham(m): 4:01am On Oct 07, 2022
Kayyy:

When I meet people who think alike with me I just get too happy, I see people especially youths getting excited all over the country for nothing , nothing because history has not proved any of this candidates as excellent choices, yet when I say it get shot down, I told someone today that history has proved that Tinubu tops Peter Obi in terms of programs , policies and initiatives but that is at state level , that all his boys that performed at the state level have found it difficult at the federal level and that there is no miracle worker or saviour amongst any of the three

I told people all the 3 of them are all dependant on Dangote finishing and operating his refinery for us to have some minimal Forex savings that without that , there is nothing they can do about subsidy without backlash from the people , even Buhari edged all his bet on the same refinery but in the end it was ready in time thus exposing his Forex failures but people are not ready to discuss here , they will counter you with 'Suffering no dey tire you' or ' you want suffer make your children suffer too ' .
Subsidy can be removed if people have a trust in the system that proceeds from it can be better managed. Dangote would still sell petrol to nnpc in international price, I wonder how it would save our forex
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by NwekereNdoki: 5:50am On Oct 07, 2022
casualobserver:

On the contrary it is only ignoramuses that will think he just said something intelligent which speaks to the problem with the Obidients!!!

It is only ignorant people you can be saying this things to. Informed people know from this statement that you are clueless. To begin with monetary policies are the preserve of the central bank. If the central bank is independent then you cannnot tell them what their monetary policy should be. Govt can only effect the economy through fiscal policies!!!

If your central bank is independent you have no control over monetary policy, you have no control over the main instruments of inflation fighting and you have no control over forex policy!!!! How clueless and daft is this guy?

What he just said is contradictory but most people won’t know because they are ignorant and those who know like his audience will be thinking to themselves “this man is an idiot””. But they will clap for him because that’s what Oyinbo do!!!

Yes we need to fight inflation and eliminate the 2 tier forex window but you have no power to do that if you give the central bank true autonomy and independence!!!! If they are truly independent and chose not to there is nothing you can do as far as monetary policy!!!!! You cannot make promises on something over which you have no power. It just shows this man is clueless and is just saying anything to get elected…..luckily for him most of his supporters are ignorant but luckily for Nigeria he won’t become President!!!!

An independent central bank is currently increasing interest rates to fight inflation in the process tipping the US into recession, 5 eeeks before mid term elections, same with the Uk and there is nothing Biden or LISS Truss can do about it. So Obi either doesn’t understand what he is saying or he is just lying or trying to sound intelligent but succeeding only with ignoramuses!!! You cannot have an independent central bank and control monetary policy!!!

Did u not read the part where he said he will "Insist"?

Or do u not knw the maning of insist again and why he chosed that word?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by NwekereNdoki: 5:51am On Oct 07, 2022
deji17:
That is how a trader thinks. Turn Nigeria into a dumping ground for all kind of junks. Container economist.. grin grin

Three candidates.
1. One wants to sell Nigeria assets to his friends at ridiculous price.
2. Second one wants to liberate imports and turn Nigeria into a dumping ground for foreign goods.
3. The 3rd one wants to focus on production of goods like cassava, ewa, agbado etc thereby providing employment to our youths...

Honestly, the choices cannot be more clearer than this.

How do u intend to be aproducing nation without importing?

Or is it only agriculture that Nigeria will produce?

Ona dey sound like say una dey intelligent but na olodo u be.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by NwekereNdoki: 5:55am On Oct 07, 2022
babaolofin:

He is a crude trader. Just like Onitsha Main Market or Ariara or Alaba market uncivilised trader.

That is a container economic theorem.

He was the Special Adviser to Goodluck Jonathan on Economy, the economy failed woefully. That time, he was the Anambra State governor and Jonathan honoured him and made him Special Adviser on Economy, his sister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the head of the Economic team, they liquidated Nigeria, after, the woman ran away.

IBETO was allowed to import and package cement in PortHarcout while FMN, BUA, Dangote & Lafarge invested on local production. There are so many things I don't want to discuss here. Apart from IBETO, there are many other deals that took place among their kinsmen. That is why they insisted Jonathan should not be probed.

In 1993, during the Presidential Debate on NTA Network service between Abiola and Tofa, Tom Ikim and Nduka Obaigbena were on the side of Tofa. They asked them a question on how to bring exchange rate down and stabilize Naira. Tofa said, he would peg Naira to Dollar rate. Abiola said a Glasgow Trained Accountant can never say he would peg Naira to Dollar. He explained that there are factors that forces exchange rate, you analyse the factors and work upon them to control exchange rate.

Container economist can say anything.

No dey sound as if u smart. U are dumb Lol

How will u become a producig nation when u don't have the raw material needed t produce? So producers will struggle to buy forex at a high rate to bring in raw materials that are not available in NIgeria to produce and produce and sell at cheap dollar rate??

U get sense at all or ab u think say agriculture na the only means to produce?

U call him a crude trader but he managed to manage a bank and today the bank is top 5. But your TInubu Oando has gone maourbund.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by NwekereNdoki: 6:01am On Oct 07, 2022
baretalk:

The way to true prosperity is creating production units, manufacturing, processing of agro based products and natural resources to finished products and exporting. Importing enriches only the importer business man, clearing agent, and customs, but when you encourage investment and production, you prosper the nation and earn foreign exchange. Nigeria is worlds largest importer of champagne, rice etc, we have been importing, that is what killed our currency and economy. When we took IMF loans and had to follow their instructions on free trade and open borders, our naira started crashing. Obi is not smart enough.

Lol.. Na you no smart.

So how will you produce? or u think say production na only agricultural produce?

If someone wants to maybe produce cars or electronics components can the person get all the materials in Nigeria that you are now restricting import?

I a sure, he will decide what to allow and what not to allow as is always the case.

But comming here to say anything import is bad is u being smart by half

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:02am On Oct 07, 2022
DanielPat01:
Well, Peter Obi will do more if he eventually becomes the president of Nigeria. This I know for sure.

I also want to use the opportunity to pass this message to those who have decided to be #Obidient & #Yusuful to their unborn generation.

While pointing out Tinubu errors we should focus more on Atiku. As the Tally stands now Atiku is one the major contender because most Northerners would rather vote Atiku than vote Obi if they are not voting Tinubu.

I know this for sure as someone that lives in FCT Currently. Atiku got more red flags as Tinubu so I see no reason any sensible person should vote him.

But I will begin with the JAGA JAGA BANDIT first.

The Tinubu some Tribal bigots are supporting have been silent all this while regarding several Fulani herders attack in his region just to clinch the presidential ticket of APC. Not only that, still picked a northern Muslim who hates restructuring with passion.

I actually watched him LIVE on AIT say it and I quote;

"I don't believe in Restructuring, Restructuring my foot, To hell with restructuring." ~ Shettima

Atiku on the other hand deleted his tweet about Deborah death and denied ever being responsible for the tweet all for the presidential ticket of PDP plus possible massive vote from his people. Which I know is going to happen if we don't start giving them reasons why they shouldn't.

Atiku A man that has one of the biggest generator company in Nigeria (Mikano Generators) can't and won't give maximum effort to fixing electricity in Nigeria. That is if he even makes attempt at all. We can't be fooled.

And you tell me this set of people (Atiku & Tinubu) won't dance to the to tone of major Northern cabals and Islamic scholars that believes Nigeria belongs to the North and the North alone.

Funny thing is most Tinubu supporters haven't yet realised that Tinubu is just a placeholder for Shettima. Just in case anything happens.

Shettima carrying out Tinubu duties/responsibilities now is a clear indication that Shettima is a placeholder for him (Tinubu). Shettima A terrorist apologist and sympathizer would be the one ruling us all if APC eventually wins come 2023. Mark this day.

Peter Obi is the only candidate that has been weighed, checked and scanned and haven't been found wanting. Fully tested and trusted. He is not a saint, yes, but the best among all.

"PETER OBI is not desperate to rule Nigerians but desperate to rescue Nigerians." Get the point. His commitment and dedication to Anambra state when he was a governor proofs it all. (A no nonsense man with zero tolerance for corruption).

Vote Peter Gregory Obi for; accountability, speedy execution of government projects, maximum security, and many more. P.O is the only presidential candidate that would release the names of the sponsors of Boko Boys and make sure they are dealt with. Atiku and Tinubu will never do it.

The ball is in your court well meaning Nigerians. If we don't get it right now. We suffer for another 8 years. Move from being on the fence to jumping into Obi bandwagon. You won't regret it.

Vote Wisely Nigerians.
Can you see how foolish you are? You said Atiku, the owner of Mikano cannot and would not give maximum effort to solve electricity issue. Then what about Peter Obi that imports virtually almost every consumer goods to Nigeria? Would he give maximum effort to turn Nigeria to a producing Nation. Would he kill his major source of income (importation)?
Just yesterday, he's saying he will remove importation restriction. Meaning, he will make it easier to importantly things into the country.

So that's the man you wanna support? Even Innocent Chukwuma will be against him for what he just said.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:05am On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
and this foolish Obi is telling his zombiedients that he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country.
Obi is a dangerous terrorist,he is confused.
How can you get your country to produce if there are no restrictions on import
Actually Obi just confirmed that he's an Igbo agenda.

Peter Obi said he'd remove import restrictions. Who are the biggest importers in Nigeria? Do the maths.

Peter Obi just wants to be President for only Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by nkemjacob2(m): 6:07am On Oct 07, 2022
Obi is the potential presidential candidate that has continuously stated the problem of Nigeria in a detailed Manner thus giving a profound solution to existing problem thereby going to various platforms & event (international & local) to prove his worth. BAT has not be granted a single press interview how he is going to run Nigeria instead he is sending his aide and VP for crucial occasions. Yet his fans (BAT fans) are sentimental remember this was what exactly what buhari did.

PLS DONT USE YOUR VOTE WRONGLY I BEG YOU. NIGERIA IS IN A CRITICAL CONDITION
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by ican2020: 6:07am On Oct 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Typical container economy ideology.smh.

I am not surprised at all. Someone already predicted this about HE Obi because Obi needs to keep importing foreign goods for his import business and supermarkets.

Little wonder he has nothing tangible to use to campaign for his 8 years in office as Anambra governor.

For the uncouth Igbo youths defending container economy,please go and look at the export side, if you see the export side of non-oil sector of Nigeria and where they come from in Nigeria ehn, you will never consider Igbo container economy as progress and never wish Igbo continues to be a dumping ground.

Check our foreign direct investments(FDI) too( screenshots of leading fdi states for both Q1 and Q2 2022 are below) and you will not see any SE states at the top 2 so these container economy is not it at all and not progress in the absence of FDI.

While SE is taking containers, Lagos,alone takes over 70% the FDI in billions! Apart from Anambra which is still very very low due to this container economy mentality and insecurity, all other SE states attracted zero fdi so far this year

Below is jiust the agricultural sector alone, watch cocoa from the SW and Sesame from the North with Jigawa the highest producer, doing multiple times the other agric ptoducts and bringing in forex into Nigeria and not destroying the environment or bringing in toxic contents.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that container economy is what Igboland needs.

Top priority for SE, and I agree with Prof. Soludo , is responsible parenting because most parents in Igboland have abandoned their responsibility of raising disciplined, respectful, educated and Godfearing patriotic children, these children currently litter the social media space for ipob terrorist group and jails in Nigeria and all over the world, followed by peace in Igboland un order to stop the shedding of blood of innocent patriotic Nigerians then investment especially from other tribes and foreigners so Igboland can attract investments and talents from other places like the SW does excellently.

Asiwaju Tinubu alone brought in multibillion dollars investment into Lagos and his successors built on it.
check my signature for free stuffs!
You don't grow any economy by restrictions, okay
If you are really interested ingrowing your country's economy is by encouraging local production and consumption and heavily imposing higher taxes on imported substitutes of the products in that field

So, quite trying to talk down on others as if you are more knowledgeable
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:11am On Oct 07, 2022
socialmediaman:

It's your gang of political thieves that have refused to invest in local production that are the problem, not the importers. Atiku's generators will not be prospering if the President invests money on stable electricity, and that's why your older thieving politicians are fighting Peter Obi
Do you realize that Peter Obi (just like Atiku) is also part of the political gang of thieves that have refused to invest in local production?

Peter Obi is one of Nigeria's biggest importer of goods that can easily be produced in Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:14am On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
Today local rice is all over nigeria because of the restrictions on foreign rice. How will your local production survive if you are importing everything. Obi is confused. Anyways, what do I expect from a 3rd class student.
The average Nigeria don't mind buying rice N1k even though it is slowly killing the economy. All they care about is cheap food. Nigerians are the most myopic people you can see anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by showafrica(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2022
uzohrome:
Best thing that would happen to naira... obi is for Ngerians.

Illiterates and lazy urchins don't need a sound president. They just prefer old senile idiots
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:20am On Oct 07, 2022
sisisioge:
Thank you o....they should hear. One would think this present government will invest in real economist as opposed to politicians manning the country economy.

Even if they want us to start enlarging local production,sebi they would have created the means for that before restricting the importation....I can't believe what Buhari did to rice....the guy is unbelievable! Now cassava and other previously locally produced products are mimicking import prices
of other foods . Awon werey. Enough of Ribbish....Peter Obi for president o....even though I know Tinubu no go green. The guy na hailing don!
If Buhari hadn't done that to rice, Nigeria would have fallen. Learn to look at the bigger picture.

When rice was cheap, it was destroying the economy slowly.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by showafrica(m): 6:21am On Oct 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I am not surprised at all. Someone already predicted this about HE Obi because Obi needs to keep importing foreign goods for his import business and supermarkets.

Little wonder he has nothing tangible to use to campaign for his 8 years in office as Anambra governor.

For the uncouth Igbo youths defending container economy,please go and look at the export side, if you see the export side of non-oil sector of Nigeria and where they come from in Nigeria ehn, you will never consider Igbo container economy as progress and never wish Igbo continues to be a dumping ground.

Check our foreign direct investments(FDI) too( screenshots of leading fdi states for both Q1 and Q2 2022 are below) and you will not see any SE states at the top 2 so these container economy is not it at all and not progress in the absence of FDI.

While SE is taking containers, Lagos,alone takes over 70% the FDI in billions! Apart from Anambra which is still very very low due to this container economy mentality and insecurity, all other SE states attracted zero fdi so far this year

Below is jiust the agricultural sector alone, watch cocoa from the SW and Sesame from the North with Jigawa the highest producer, doing multiple times the other agric ptoducts and bringing in forex into Nigeria and not destroying the environment or bringing in toxic contents.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that container economy is what Igboland needs.

Top priority for SE, and I agree with Prof. Soludo , is responsible parenting because most parents in Igboland have abandoned their responsibility of raising disciplined, respectful, educated and Godfearing patriotic children, these children currently litter the social media space for ipob terrorist group and jails in Nigeria and all over the world, followed by peace in Igboland un order to stop the shedding of blood of innocent patriotic Nigerians then investment especially from other tribes and foreigners so Igboland can attract investments and talents from other places like the SW does excellently.

Asiwaju Tinubu alone brought in multibillion dollars investment into Lagos and his successors built on it.

Your buhari that does not import, what has he achieved?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2022
socialmediaman:

Peter Obi has the least baggage out of all 3 major contenders if elected President. Vote wisely and hold him accountable
You foolish people think you'd be able to hold him accountable if he becomes President? Kids are what you guys are. Little kids.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by casualobserver: 6:23am On Oct 07, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Did u not read the part where he said he will "Insist"?

Or do u not knw the maning of insist again and why he chosed that word?

You guys are illiterates, you cannot insist on anything that is outside your power! If anything Insisting means there is no independence because you are trying to influence a body you claim is independent. It’s like Buhari “insisting” INEC does something, you are the same people. That will accuse him of interfering. You guy are illiterates!!! The more you talk the more you expose yourselves and the deeper you dig your hole!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2022
hegelian:

That is the right thing to do sir.. I hope whoever win the election implement this.. Don't restrict import, instead tax it and use the tax to uplift local production from sme loan and real industrial loan and support.. It's really not recket science..
When there wasn't restriction on rice importation, how did local rice farmers faired in Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Winnersunited: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

''Tinubu alone brought in multibilion dollars investment'' built this and that, but he could not build one good hospital or old people's home where he will be treated when he is sick. Keep doing your hatchet job.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Lol.. Na you no smart.

So how will you produce? or u think say production na only agricultural produce?

If someone wants to maybe produce cars or electronics components can the person get all the materials in Nigeria that you are now restricting import?

I a sure, he will decide what to allow and what not to allow as is always the case.

But comming here to say anything import is bad is u being smart by half
Now I see you people are dumb. If you are into car production you can get parts from all over and assemble here. You Ipobians heads are flat so your brain matter is not complete. My point is any nation will avoid importing things it can adequately produce or have, or things that are not really needed, of course if it's needed or important and we can't produce it we import. Your problems are half education, I will stop arguing with you people, seems you people are really dumb, the other Ipobian the last time we were debating dey show me bank receipts cheesy

Peter can't win, he is dumb. Of course we will allow car components because it pays us to assemble cars here rather than importing the entire cars, please stop arguing like kids, think before you argue, and stop making me repeat myself. Import restrictions are important on stuff we can produce and have the ability to produce, and on things we don't need, to reduce capital flight and plunging of our currency. Seems you people don't know the meaning of restrictions, restrictions means limiting. We need to limit what we import, and import those things we have no comparative advantage producing, or things we need that we don't have, and avoid importing basic things we can produce, like rice, basic food stuffs and other stuff we can adequately produce. Luxury cars etc, and goods, should have a high import tax rate on them, this is also an import control or restriction measure.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're nothing but an olodo.

I'm an importer. I also export . Each time I'm paid in dollars on goods exported, I'd need to change the dollar to naira to pay salaries , sort overheads, etc. Then, depending on your capacity, you need to source loan to buy some materials needed to produce locally for export. In this case, the naira loan sourced would now be exchanged for dollar to buy those raw materials. I'd noq buy at black market or bdc rate. Invariably, there's no much gain when dollars are paid for goods sold overseas cos we're still going to get more dollars locally to buy materials overseas.

The problem I have with you urchins is, you're too emotional and most of you lack the right knowledge tackle pertinent issues. Liberate yourself please. Stop behaving like an illiterate.
Don't be foolish. If everyone finds it easy to import goods (eg rice) who would want to waste his time to own a rice farm?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Winnersunited: 6:30am On Oct 07, 2022
casualobserver:

You guys are illiterates, you cannot insist on anything that is outside your power! If anything Insisting means there is no independence because you are trying to influence a body you claim is independent. It’s like Buhari “insisting” INEC does something, you are the same people. That will accuse him of interfering. You guy are illiterates!!! The more you talk the more you expose
yourselves and the deeper you dig your hole!
Must you insult others, so you are the only educated one while others are illiterates.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2022
dyera:

That is where you are wrong. The current policy of Buhari will only help exporters especially of Agric product, it work against local production.

Peter Obi's proposed policy will make it easier for local manufacturers that need to import raw materials abroad.

Buhari was too dumb to realize that by blocking importers of goods, he is also blocking importers of raw materials for production.
Fool. When Buhari banned importation of rice, did he ban importation of fertilizers and agricultural equipments needed to farm rice?
Is Nigeria not the biggest producer of rice in Nigeria today?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:36am On Oct 07, 2022
seunmsg:
Once importation becomes free for all in a country that urgently needs to scale up local manufacturing, how do we then become a productive economy? Where will the forex for the payment of this unrestricted importation comes from? By the time this Obi guy is done with our economy, Naira will be exchanging for N10,000 to $1. Buhari would be a child’s play compared to this dunce they are packaging for us.
Guy, it is easy to know someone that just pour what what he crammed. Peter Obviously just poured out what he crammed. He's actually a dunce.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2022
hegelian:

These are the right question ask him not turning everything to tribal and silly tantrums like people do.. He posed a good solution but with several holes to exploit.. The question should be how will he block those holes.. That is the whole point of interviewing contestants to help them formulate and think deeper that usual.. But here we just do silly jokes and tribal fights.. Thumbs up to you sir for asking the right questions
There's no whole to block there. That's like trying to block the cloud from bringing down rain.
If imports are restricted, the economy will go down in one year. Yes, things will become cheaper but people won't even have the money to buy the cheap things.

Peter Obi really goofed there. That is enough to stop every local manufacturer to stop supporting him. That's if they're wise enough.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2022
amaham:

slowpoke, since APC has halted most imports, has naira stopped falling. Olodo
Mumu the reason naira has not risen, is because our export still has not met or passed our imports yet, Buhari tried to stop rice coming into Nigeria, that helped a bit, but we are still importing way too much of our basic utilities, restrict imports of basic stuff we produce here. Our aggregate import volume keeps increasing yearly due to inflation and population growth, Nigeria is an import based economy, we must change that. Economic policies takes a while to reflect and we need to keep limiting imports to offset the balance of payments deficit, until then our currency will keep falling, restrictions on rice is a good step, but we need to boost local production of other commodities to close the deficit. You people are container shop owners, your senses are limited. Obi is dull, he wants to destroy our economy, under Obi naira will be 1500 naira to a dollar. Obi and mostly igbos are importers, they don't care about growing the economy only care about their pockets. Greedy people. Obi wants to boost his importation business and make money off the destruction of our economy.

Imports don't create jobs, production and manufacturing do.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Senrichy88: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2022
Let Tinubu come out and talk about economy policies. For the betterment of our country Tinubu please go and rest. You need rest. Obi is �
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2022
ppogba:
The major mistake most literate Nigerians are making is that they are over- rating some of this aspirants and in fact most people in position of authority.
Take away PAs, SSA and the lots from most of them, you will discover how empty they are.

At the campaign period, a wise candidate will talk less especially if it has to do with the economy and security.

Truth is as an outsider a bit far from. the corridor of power, the more you look, the less you see. It is when you mount the saddle that you will know wosop.
That's what I keep telling people.. Most people, especially the Obidients think that Nigeria will become an Eldorado if Peter Obi wins.
They think insecurity, kidnapping and banditry will stop.

Most of them think like children. I remember when I was a child. I use to think my father can stop every form of harm from happening to me. His presence alone makes me feel safe. But now that I'm older, I realize he's only human and he too can get harmed.

Nigerians need to grow up.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Jibrinpapa: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2022
After 2023, PETER OBI will discover that he had been sleeping and dreaming.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2022
ppogba:
The major mistake most literate Nigerians are making is that they are over- rating some of this aspirants and in fact most people in position of authority.
Take away PAs, SSA and the lots from most of them, you will discover how empty they are.

At the campaign period, a wise candidate will talk less especially if it has to do with the economy and security.

Truth is as an outsider a bit far from. the corridor of power, the more you look, the less you see. It is when you mount the saddle that you will know wosop.
That's how I was just shaking my head when I watched the video of when Peter Obi was saying how Nigeria can generation N1.3 trilion to give ASUU in one month. He was calculating how much oil Nigeria loses in one day. He started calculating how much Nigeria would make per day if those oil was being stolen.

The guy makes Nigeria problem looks easy to solve. In his mind when you're the President and you have full control over the police, military and finance of Nigeria, you would be able to solve every problem.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Perfectbeing(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2022
Barryseal:

At what cost? Most Nigerians can't afford that local rice anymore as the price have quadrupled since the ban.
Rice increment is a small price to pay for getting to eat local rice.

Today Nigerians are still able to eat rice despite the increment.

You should be able to look at the end (the big pictire) and not just the beginning. Cheap rice was killing local rice farming.

Today, Nigeria is the biggest rice producer of rice in Africa. Millions of rice farmers are now richer compared to when rice was 9k. That is the big picture you should look at and not the price of rice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Daniel Bwala Celebrates Meeting President Tinubu In Saudi Arabia / DSS Parades Fake Boko Haram Associates Of Stephen Davis [photo] / Nigerian Air Force Graduates 209 Students. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.