Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions (32909 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by socialmediaman: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
asanausana91:
how will the local production survive if you are importing everything.

It's your gang of political thieves that have refused to invest in local production that are the problem, not the importers. Atiku's generators will not be prospering if the President invests money on stable electricity, and that's why your older thieving politicians are fighting Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by sirgalahad26(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
God1000:
I believe in you sir, you will do wonderful things for our country

Peter Obi is a genius and phenomenon, he will make Nigeria an eldorado.
Eldorado is a fantasy world therefore, Obi making Nigeria an Eldorado is a fantasy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by grandstar(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Atiku, Obi and Tinubu are all committed to doing the same. Ever since Buhari launched his present system upon assumption of office, it has greatly stifled the fx market and economic growth.

Why the CBN allowed president Buhari to get away with murder can only be excused by the CBN governor's timidity

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Kingspin(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
PDP, especially APC have shied away from real issues affecting Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by asanausana91: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Today local rice is all over nigeria because of the restrictions on foreign rice. How will your local production survive if you are importing everything. Obi is confused. Anyways, what do I expect from a 3rd class student.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by GeneralPula: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
gayman99:
I forsee his opponents stealing his ideas

Lol which useless idea. Show what he said to an economist or forex trader to explain make you self see say nah useless idea.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by socialmediaman: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
baretalk:

There must be restrictions in imports, no matter how you tax imports, if you don't restrict it, it destroys economy, a buying economy can't provide jobs and multiplier effects. O I is quite ignorant of economics.

Allow people to import and tax them a lot of money to make imports more expensive. Invest more money on local production.

Random nairalander calling O I ignorant. SMH
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Headachetoigboh(f): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
God pls do this for us

Affliction will never rise the second time

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by oneMalik: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
You'll do that in a nation filled with lazy men that believe govt will do all things, thereby import everything but export nothing .

CALAMITY loading........

God forbid your kind of President .

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by adioolayi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
He deliberately avoided what happens to import dependent Economy like ours...since he is one of the major players of importation business...

Remove products on FX restrictions list and kill local production...we will go back to the importations of toothpick, toothpaste, handkerchief and other nonsense things we can produce as a Nation...

I agree FX market should be a restricted one market for all....scarp all black markets and direct everyone to banks and few licensed BDC to reduce the gap between official and black market rates...

But I don't support removal of products on FX restriction list
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by sirgalahad26(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
And what happened to his "production to consumption" mantra?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Ziggy04: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
[size=8pt][b]Imagine the economy policy this man is proposing, this will worsen the hardship the more. When will Nigeria become a producing nation. This man has agenda.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by socialmediaman: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
frowland:

Hope you and your Obi have factored in our porous border and CFA neighbors? I believe you wouldn’t expect me to explain those right?

Your current president spends billions of dollars on foreign travel and frivolities instead of investing on border protection and local production. Don't blame the guy who wants to fix the system, blame the one who has refused to do anything meaningful

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Eriokanmi: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
Woow! As an investment banker, he knows our problems in this area This is one of the reasons I'm voting this guy.

Virtually all those contestants have vaults in their homes where they stash dollars. Awon abanilayeję. Yet, urchins are running after them. Aren't they tired of suffering?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by atinga1: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

Is it also beyond Anambrarians who could not wait for the disaster called Peter Obi to be eased out of their lives?

But today, Peter Obi is the Igbo candidate who must be supported by Igbos and by many Chijiokes claiming to be "Tunde" or "Haruna".

Anambrarians have warned us from the past, Nigerians must avoid this one chance as we proceed to the future.

This is what Tinubu media got after months of intense searching and investigation?
Una no dey shame?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Throwback: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
CASTOSVILLA:
You're such a senseless man thinking that we'd buy into your cocktail and bull screenshots. Ordinary PDP and other party politics of bad mouthing is what you're peddling here. He was and still is the best governor that Anambra has seen. Go and verify.

Go and verify that always exposes the lies of Peter Obi.

Was he better than Ngige who only ruled for 3yrs?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by MN07: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
Please all of you Nigerians should vote for BUHARI pro max BAT.

I have dollars I want to sell at 1000Ngn = $1.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Blue3k(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
grandstar:
Atiku, Obi and Tinubu are all committed to doing the same. Ever since Buhari launched his present system upon assumption of office, it has greatly stifled the fx market and economic growth.

Why the CBN allowed president Buhari to get away with murder can only be excused by the CBN governor's timidity

Men need to take responsibility for their actions. Buhari didn't put a gun to his head. Buhari is boss not your dad he's always free to resign or simply say no risk being fired. What kills me is the clowns here wanting to double down on this stupid policy. Economic illiteracy is a scourge.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by deji17: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
That is how a trader thinks. Turn Nigeria into a dumping ground for all kind of junks. Container economist.. grin grin

Three candidates.
1. One wants to sell Nigeria assets to his friends at ridiculous price.
2. Second one wants to liberalize imports and turn Nigeria into a dumping ground for foreign goods.
3. The 3rd one wants to focus on production of goods like cassava, ewa, agbado etc thereby providing employment to our youths...

Honestly, the choices cannot be more clearer than this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by asanausana91: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
socialmediaman:

It's your gang of political thieves that have refused to invest in local production that are the problem, not the importers. Atiku's generators will not be prospering if the President invests money on stable electricity, and that's why your older thieving politicians are fighting Peter Obi
are you Normal? Where did you see Atiku importing generators? Just provide one small evidence.
Obi liar said he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country, how possible is that if you are importing everything.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by stanluiz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
Peter Obi discussing with intellectuals and proffering solution to problems.

Agbado and cassava candidate is still London hospital while his spokesperson is telling us that don't know where his principal is.

Urchins should not quote me. If you try it. Thunder go fire you!
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
socialmediaman:

Allow people to import and tax them a lot of money to make imports more expensive. Invest more money on local production.

Random nairalander calling O I ignorant. SMH
I mean obi contradicts himself, with one mouth he said he will make Nigeria a production economy, with another mouth he said he will remove restrictions on import.

we all are random, even Obi, because he has not helped anyone. Simple and clear, you can't grow your economy, create job and create opportunities by being a buying economy. This container mentality of igbos is what obi wants to use in Nigeria's advanced economy. Obi can talk a lot but he really can not make us prosper. Listen to him talk, he is not smart. How can you earn foreign exchange by importing?

When you import you have to buy dollars to pay, in the international market, this will keep devaluing our currency against dollar. Obi is a one eyed man, he is good for blind Igbos but dull to be Nigeria president. Only a lame will support what obi says.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by sisisioge: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Thank you o....they should hear. One would think this present government will invest in real economist as opposed to politicians manning the country economy.

Even if they want us to start enlarging local production,sebi they would have created the means for that before restricting the importation....I can't believe what Buhari did to rice....the guy is unbelievable! Now cassava and other previously locally produced products are mimicking import prices
of other foods . Awon werey. Enough of Ribbish....Peter Obi for president o....even though I know Tinubu no go green. The guy na hailing don!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by asanausana91: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Racoon:
Liberate the gateways. Not the senseless, impactless and useless economic blockades the APC govt placed on the lucrative southern borders with attendant huge economic loss sometime back while the northern fringes were just leeways for terrorists to freely stroll in and do more damages.

Nigeria case is an import and a oil-mono-economy dependent nation because local production are not sufficient enough to meet local consumption demand.

And what did the senseless blockade Buhari government imposed on the borders yielded? Did local production increased or saved Nigeria from the present food inflation and insecurity nationwide especially with the insecurity menace on farmers?

Liberate the economic and provide security first, to encourage local and foreign investors that will boost the process and enhance food production to help us shift from local consumption to export.
local production increase very well.
Today majority of Nigerians are eating local rice.
Today there is no alomo bitters that Ghana used to send down here. Today there are many locally made gin with names like ...
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

Go and verify that always exposes the lies of Peter Obi.

Was he better than Ngige who only ruled for 3yrs?
Let me remind you that you're replying an Anambrarian. I rest my argument here. Face your state.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tishbite41(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Typical container economy ideology.smh.

I am not surprised at all. Someone already predicted this about HE Obi because Obi needs to keep importing foreign goods for his import business and supermarkets.

Little wonder he has nothing tangible to use to campaign for his 8 years in office as Anambra governor.

For the uncouth Igbo youths defending container economy,please go and look at the export side, if you see the export side of non-oil sector of Nigeria and where they come from in Nigeria ehn, you will never consider Igbo container economy as progress and never wish Igbo continues to be a dumping ground.

Check our foreign direct investments(FDI) too( screenshots of leading fdi states for both Q1 and Q2 2022 are below) and you will not see any SE states at the top 2 so these container economy is not it at all and not progress in the absence of FDI.

While SE is taking containers, Lagos,alone takes over 70% the FDI in billions! Apart from Anambra which is still very very low due to this container economy mentality and insecurity, all other SE states attracted zero fdi so far this year

Below is jiust the agricultural sector alone, watch cocoa from the SW and Sesame from the North with Jigawa the highest producer, doing multiple times the other agric ptoducts and bringing in forex into Nigeria and not destroying the environment or bringing in toxic contents.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that container economy is what Igboland needs.

Top priority for SE, and I agree with Prof. Soludo , is responsible parenting because most parents in Igboland have abandoned their responsibility of raising disciplined, respectful, educated and Godfearing patriotic children, these children currently litter the social media space for ipob terrorist group and jails in Nigeria and all over the world, followed by peace in Igboland un order to stop the shedding of blood of innocent patriotic Nigerians then investment especially from other tribes and foreigners so Igboland can attract investments and talents from other places like the SW does excellently.

Asiwaju Tinubu alone brought in multibillion dollars investment into Lagos and his successors built on it.
check my signature for free stuffs!
You and the Soludo need rehab
A failure at CBN is talking about upbringing
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by socialmediaman: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
asanausana91:
are you Normal? Where did you see Atiku importing generators? Just provide one small evidence.
Obi liar said he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country, how possible is that if you are importing everything.

Atiku generators is another name for Mikano. Don't you live in Nigeria again?

Atiku is a well known corrupt person, and while I still prefer him to Buhari and Tinubu, I will not choose him over Obi. They're miles apart when it comes to governance and corruption. Peter Obi is not perfect but he has the least baggage when it comes to good leadership

Vote wisely! Vote Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by nedekid: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
Abdu81:

Thinking for better naija
grin
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Goodcitizen1: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
I keep asking , why can’t tinubu engage in this type of Conversation? Why is it always the spokespeople who have been talking
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by LIVINGICONREBOR: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
It is becoming more obvious by the day that rehab and mental patients are the ones going to vote for APC come February 2023.

But the voice of the people is the voice of God. angry

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by socialmediaman: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
baretalk:

I mean obi contradicts himself, with one mouth he said he will make Nigeria a production economy, with another mouth he said he will remove restrictions on import.

we all are random, even Obi, because he has not helped anyone. Simple and clear, you can't grow your economy, create job and create opportunities by being a buying economy. This container mentality of igbos is what obi wants to use in Nigeria's advanced economy. Obi can talk a lot but he really can not make us prosper. Listen to him talk, he is not smart. How can you earn foreign exchange by importing?

When you import you have to buy dollars to pay, in the international market, this will keep devaluing our currency against dollar. Obi is a one eyed man, he is good for blind Igbos but dull to be Nigeria president. Only a lame will support what obi says.

Peter Obi has the least baggage out of all 3 major contenders if elected President. Vote wisely and hold him accountable
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by hegelian: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
GeneralPula:
We will remove import and forex restrictions and insist on a single forex market.

Lol.

That is the right thing to do sir.. I hope whoever win the election implement this.. Don't restrict import, instead tax it and use the tax to uplift local production from sme loan and real industrial loan and support.. It's really not recket science..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

APC Members In Rivers Shot On Their Way To Buhari Campaign Event (Photos) / 7 Prisoners Who Turned Leaders Of Their Countries / Ahmed Lawan Says Hate Speech Bill Won't Be Passed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.