Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides (67717 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Oba Ogunwusi Finally Marries Fourth Wife, Set To Marry 5th(pictures) / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Ooni Of Ife’s Ex-Wife Zaynab, Forgives Him, Congratulates Him & His New Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Chaos14: 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Google says you're lying. He died around 59 See below
Wrong.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Maynmann: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Karnice600:

Okay. Now that we’re both sitting down, look at me and listen. Never quote the Scriptures in defence of your sensual desires. The Old Testament was about the Law. The Law is of the Word and Christ is the Word.

Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”).
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by zombieHUNTER: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Maynmann:

Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”).
fulfill his coming not that man should be polygamous..

The Bible says
It's expected that a man will leave his father's house and cleave to his wife and the TWO becomes one..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Maynmann: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
zombieHUNTER:
fulfill his coming not that man should be polygamous..

The Bible says
It's expected that a man will leave his father's house and cleave to his wife and the TWO becomes one..
How many wives did abraham and david have?

Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Counterfeit: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
I Echo for you

Mrfixitt:
All these monarchs too like kpekus. Haba!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Karnice600: 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Maynmann:

Okay. Your memory don full be that
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Maynmann: 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Karnice600:

Okay. Your memory don full be that

Okay. It shows you got no memory.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by whirlout: 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
And you 'll still see people rolling around on the floor for this useless mofo. Pls what purpose do these so called royals serve in the community besides knacking all the pretty girls. At this rate, this one is going to end up with 30 wives with the state govt. footing all the liabilities. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by planetx: 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
whirlout:
And you 'll still see people rolling around on the floor for this useless mofo. Pls what purpose do these so called royals serve in the community besides knacking all the pretty girls. At this rate, this one is going to end up with 30 wives with the state govt. footing all the liabilities. Rubbish
How can Obasanjo a former General and president be prostrating for this clown, that cannot even keep a marriage.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Melagros(m): 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mrfixitt:
My brother you the eat better food day and night how your prick go slack? grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by teepain: 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
simplesearch:

1 Corinthians 7:2 (KJV) Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

You can see from the above it is one man to one woman and vice versa.

CAVEAT: I DO NOT APPROVE OF POLYGAMY FOR PERSONAL REASONS.

However beyond my personal reason, the verse you quoted up there can be argued not to have expressly disapproved polygamy.

The verse only stated people should avoid fornication by getting married. Technically, that may be interpreted to mean that a man legally married to more than one wife is allowed to enjoy conjugal bliss. It would appear as if that verse you quoted only forbids extra marital affairs.

I would like to be corrected by supporting verses though the cause the verse you quoted in isolation doesn't do justice to your thesis.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Bbbwings: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mrfixitt:
The main road running through ife has been in horrible condition for years, this man has not deemed it fit to bring the attention of govt to repair it for his kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by PoliteActivist: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Chaos14:
Wrong.

Produce your proof. I produced mine
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by dododawa1: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
NIGERIA king and enjoyment
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Sapeleomi: 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How was I being harsh? Is there anything I said that isn't true? I don't understand why this long epistle about polygamy & monogamy cos I don't remember saying anything about either of them. Maybe you should read my post again

No vex if I misread your earlier post.. I only commented because you refer to women that practice polygamy as useless...

No harm intended just stating a different perspective...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by CheapHomes1: 1:12am On Oct 08, 2022
Sapeleomi:

No vex if I misread your earlier post.. I only commented because you refer to women that practice polygamy as useless...

No harm intended just stating a different perspective...

i no vex. pls where did i say that women are useless because they practice polygamy?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 3:04am On Oct 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

When you don't read and obey the word of GOD, Disaster and Calamities will not be in short supply on you.
Be not wise in your own eyes. Fear GOD and Depart from evil so it will be well with you, here on Earth and in Eternity.

We hate what we fear. So what are you trying to say?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by waldigit: 4:03am On Oct 08, 2022
Fira09:

SOURCE

How do you expect this type of dude support agitation of any sort. Someone enjoying free largesse from one Nigeria used on women of easy virtues. Yoruba Nation agitators I say sorry o.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Regie2bless: 4:21am On Oct 08, 2022
Mrfixitt:
dem get work wey dem dey do if day brake? No be to chop in the morning and fvck in the afternoon dem sabi.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Mrfixitt(m): 4:24am On Oct 08, 2022
Bbbwings:

The main road running through ife has been in horrible condition for years, this man has not deemed it fit to bring the attention of govt to repair it for his kingdom.
Too bad
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Ferdinandu(m): 4:34am On Oct 08, 2022
Finally the real living king Solomon from Nigeria
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by danowena: 5:28am On Oct 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

When you don't read and obey the word of GOD, Disaster and Calamities will not be in short supply on you.
Be not wise in your own eyes. Fear GOD and Depart from evil so it will be well with you, here on Earth and in Eternity.
Bros you guys should stop this nonsense of trying to make evil what God did not make evil. So Israel went to hell and died of calamities? There is ntn wrong with having more than one wife even though it is better to have one wife. That does not mean those with more wives will go to hell. These are the types of messages deeper life erroneously preached that led to family break-ups and unnecessary hardship for some wives and kids. Back then, the men will be asked to drive away their other wives and kids and leave only the first wife and kids.
Please study ur Bible well. Paul’s ruling was simple, a man with more than one wife cannot hold certain positions in the church. He did not say they must not be in church or are damned for hell.
Christianity is about love so stop using threats to try to convert people.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Elidrisy20: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2022
Starz825:

Idiot grin
No kill me with laff abeg... cheesy

Omoo na our king for west you dey abuse so oo

He say he carry dick for head grin
apology my guy grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by HaneefahRN(f): 6:32am On Oct 08, 2022
Good for him at least more than 1 wife will not divorce him at a time. I hope they have worked on the problem he has with women running from him despite the riches and fame.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by naturefellow(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2022
Something must kill a man
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Tomek09(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2022
Rubbish.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Chaos14: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Produce your proof. I produced mine
http://www.worldhistory.org/solomon
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by teeshet: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Dapson73:
Kabiyesi alayeluwa, ajepe aye ooooo.

Imagine myself in his shoes, I will surely do more than that.

The late Oba Adeyemi, The Alaafin of Oyo would be my mentor and I must pass his achievements in that regards.
how many rounds can you go
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by Ovieemmanuel: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

baba answer the question.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by EagleNest(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2022
Buy one get one free.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides by judedwriter(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2022
Chaos14:
He should change his name to solomon

This king never reach king Solomon o!

1000 women dey for king Solomon's house!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.