Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! (1663 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Girl Your Know A Friend Has Slept With? / My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / My Friend Has Been Seducing Me- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by litusista(f): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
i have a very good friend and we are quite close. i even call him my best friend. i have discovered that he has mouth odour, and recently i even discovered that he also has body odour. how can i help him? i cant tell him because he has an ego. he believes so much in himself and he is a little proud.

i met his sister and i discovered that she has the same issues too. what do i do? my other friends have been telling me about it. i want to help him. i need advice!
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by r231(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
tell him

he is your best friend innit

its not like we can advise you to buy him a toothpaste and soap or something undecided undecided
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
If i were in your shoes, i'll tell him & DAMN the consequences! Thats a quality of a good friend. If he picks offense, no problem, at least you told him the truth! But if it gets to the stage of malice, pls hold your head high and walk away in the comfort of knowing you not only did the right thing, but you are not a HYPOCRITICAL FRIEND! smiley
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by MrCork17: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2011
litusista:

i have a very good friend and we are quite close. i even call him my best friend. i have discovered that he has mouth odour, and recently i even discovered that he also has body odour. how can i help him? i cant tell him because he has an ego. he believes so much in himself and he is a little proud.

i met his sister and i discovered that she has the same issues too. what do i do? my other friends have been telling me about it. i want to help him. i need advice!

madam do you people have machine car wash in Nigeria?  it helps wink
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Tosinville(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
What kind of silly thread is this, man?
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pcp: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2011
Http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-diseases/vaginal-smell/odour-causes-prevention-and-treatment/
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by omega25red(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
toothbrush soap and anti prespirant should do the trick.

buy all the above items for him on his next birthday

or always carry tomtom in your pocket for him grin
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by 195(f): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2011
M.O AND B.O Kills faster than HIV and AID respectively (BBC,2011)
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by SAFO(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
If he has a serious condition no amount of soap or cologne can cure his body odor. That would be like putting a band-aid on a gun shot wound.

You could start with with advising him to change his diet.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2011
Just tell him.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2011
SAFO:

If he has a serious condition no amount of soap or cologne can cure his body odor. That would be like putting a band-aid on a gun shot wound.
You could start with with advising him to change his diet.

thats because many people put on perfume (aka cologne) rather than use proper DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANT.
many don't even know the difference between when to use an ANTIPERSPIRANT and using a DEODORANT.

as for the MO, it can only be cured by knowing WHAT is the source of the problem. brushing your teeth keeps them clean but it surely wouldnt stop a man who has cavities from having MO.

@poster
you are obviously NOT A TRUE FRIEND if you think that this person's invisible ego is more important than the obvious problem at hand. . . . . . . . . . . .friend indeed!!!!!
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pendo89(f): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
litusista:

[b]i met his sister and i discovered that she has the same issues too. [/b]what do i do? my other friends have been telling me about it. i want to help him. i need advice!

I don't get this part.You mean the sister also has the same problem or shes acknowledges the bro has bad odour?

Op. Some time back,my mum employed this housegal and men she made our lives miserable!! She would wash 3 times a day but the offensive smell still refused to go!!. We would spray the house before my dad came in from work cz the smell!! I rem my dad used to avoid her like plague and nobody wanted to be close to her.We were too young to understand but my mum had to let her go.
Till I grew up and realised it could be a medical problem and nothing to do with hygiene.
Now if your dude observes basic hygiene u know like shower daily,brush teeth the normal things we do to keep our bodies clean and he still eminates that foul smell then he could be suffering from a medical condition.

1.When the body produces a foul smelling odor resembling rotten eggs, it is a sign of liver problems or disease.

2.Trimethylaminuria is a metabolic condition that emits a fishy smell from your pores and from your breath.

I dont know but if he loves you enough then he needs to hear the truth but in a kind way. That's difficult.
If he decides to go cz I told him the truth then fine, he can step.The ego is too big.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pleep(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2011
p. Some time back,my mum employed this housegal and men she made our lives miserable!! She would wash 3 times a day but the offensive smell still refused to go!!. We would spray the house before my dad came in from work cz the smell!! I rem my dad used to avoid her like plague and nobody wanted to be close to her.We were too young to understand but my mum had to let her go.
Till I grew up and realised it could be a medical problem and nothing to do with hygiene.
poor girl, thats awkward. sad
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pendo89(f): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^ yeah I just brought it up because at times we think people smell cz they are dirty while there r serious underlying issues.
But its easy to tell cz the gal used to bathe like 3 times. We never told her but she knew she had an offensive smell, just the silly childish stuff of trying to avoid her,while at the same time wanted to play with her! crazy. But she stayed almost 2 yrs.
My dad was getting so affected to the point of puking and pretending he was full at dinner times. undecided
So we let her go in a nice way. I still remember her. sad
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^did your family try to help her by buying her deodorant/antiperspirant? some people get out of the bath and will sweat within minutes so taking even 10bath a day wouldnt solve the issue.

also, wearing the same clothes where she has previously sweated heavily, will make her stink regardless, as the stench will be embedded on the clothing (especially in the armpit region) rather than on that person.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Phate07(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2011

He should seek medical advice from his doctor.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pendo89(f): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^did your family try to help her by  buying her deodorant/antiperspirant? some people get out of the bath and will sweat within minutes so taking even 10bath a day wouldnt solve the issue.

also, wearing the same clothes where she has previously sweated heavily, will make her stink regardless, as the stench will be embedded on the clothing (especially in the armpit region) rather than on that person.

Imagine my mum did that several times even though the gal had her own. The house was ever smelling deodarant!
She was a very clean girl.Matters of hygiene? she was good.My mom is strict on that area and would not tolerate dirt. So she knew the gal was ok.
Several years later my dad still remembers that distinct smell.It got registered in his mind permanently! like sulphur! undecided undecided
How bad was it? you could not even use the bathroom after she had left. And she knew that as well so she would spray it after shower.
We kind of learnt to live with it cz she was soo good. But the smell was silently killing my dad!
That was a medical condition undecided
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ yep possibly.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pleep(m): 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
there is this rare condition i saw on 20/20, ( i forgot the name) that makes ppl have a rotten fish smell, it comes from their pores.

its exacerbated by the diet, so that poor girl was probably eating the wrong things.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 17, 2011
^^since most maids/servants eat what their employer eat, wouldnt you think that therefore the whole family would smell of rotten fish?!

it definitely cannot come from the food.
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by Mynd44: 5:56am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^
Yeah but she is the one with the condition
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by pendo89(f): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2011
pleep:

there is this rare condition i saw on 20/20, ( i forgot the name) that makes ppl have a rotten fish smell, it comes from their pores.

pendo89:

1.When the body produces a foul smelling odor resembling rotten eggs, it is a sign of liver problems or disease.

2.Trimethylaminuria is a metabolic condition that emits a fishy smell from your pores and from your breath.

Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by tellwisdom: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2011
@ OP, WHY DO WE HAVE JIK, KEROSINE,AIRFRESHNER, CONFOR,PERFUMES, sad sad sad
Re: Help! My Best Friend Has Terrible Mouth And Body Odour! by MMM2(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
op
buy him asp 2 use and brush his teeth. angry

(1) (Reply)

Between Hard Dick/soft Dick Which Do Girl Prefer / hh / Two Love Birds: Regina Askia's Daughter Dating Kogi Royal Prince [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.