Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU (24104 Views)

We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU / Strike Continues, FG Yet To Take Concrete Action – ASUU / ASUU: Hold Govt Responsible For Our Next Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 9:24am On Oct 08, 2022
Damian10:
The pipu wey push ASUU reach dis level don japa leave dem now OYO nah their case. resume or resign and be replaced, who go university know wella say selfish ASUU no fit fight for student

Hahaha

Soon na Osodeke wey some lecturers among dem wey no get any joy at all, go begin press im neck for their unpaid salaries.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Dchampion65: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2022
duro4chang:
No court will justify ASUU. What it is doing now is just a waste of time and resource. If they are not satisfied they should resign. They have taken the matter too far. If what they are asking is easy to be done the past administrations that value education would have granted them their request.

The issue has now become DEATH IS BETTER SHAME. They have overstretched everyone, students and parents as well.
Tactically this government has won, just one more blow, the union will scatter.
Most universities already lost a session, why paying for services not rendered.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2022
Richardidegah7:
And if only we Had an ASUU that values education, they wouldn't have been soo heartless to shutting down the Universities for eight months and still counting.... Even after the Government offered a 25 and 30% increment on salary for junior and senior lecturers respectively. They lied to us that they are doing this for the benefit of the students, but Bross. If U check am wella, those guys are strongly fighting for their belly alone, using the students as their fighting tools. HABBA NOW THIS THEIR OWN DON DE TOO MUCH

Those ASUU idiots wanted 180% increment in their salaries, if not for anything, just to prove that they are not like other Civil Servants.

They did not even care about the Bad Blood such a scenario might create in the university system or the Civil service at large.

They were solely focused on their own greed.

Unfortunately for them, their greed has finally led them to their demise.

They have achieved nothing apart from losing their salary and facing the possibility of having the "Almighty" ASUU being deregistered.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by itsRhamzy: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2022
nams77:

Most Nigerians are crazy.
Look at them turning against ASUU while the FG is the one short changing their destiny.

I no get time to argue with anyone
FG shortchanging whose destiny? Who went on strike oga? So it's good to waste students time at home for your selfish agitations abi? Still in 2020 session in 2022 and making students spend extra years but that one no concern ASUU, just their own selfish interests..

Why was ASUU hellbent on not shifting grounds when needed? So glad FG is currently finding ways to clip ASUUs wings right now.

Anybody tired of working as a lecturer for the FG can resign or be sacked and benefits and pensions stripped off him/her. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by haslaw(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2022
Masterito:
Unfortunately none of my family member, even extended ones is an ASUU member. But I passed through the walls of a University in Nigeria 14 years ago. I can boldly tell you that FG is not sincere when it comes to negotiation. They don't value education. I am certain if ASUU was INEC national assembly, there demands will be meet.

I have two family members as ASUU members and I went to a federal university at both first degree and masters. I also got a job as a federal university lecturer that I declined in 2020 for a better offer.

All of these will not make me support ASUU blindly. Truly, FG is not always sincere but are ASUU themselves sincere? ASSU is taking a beating from FG because they were tactless, not realistic with their demands and also refused to evolve.

Are you even aware that the ASUU chairman's daughter just graduated some weeks ago from a foreign university?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by judedwriter(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2022
This is 7_8 months counting...
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by ojmartins(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Ebubu: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Those ASUU idiots wanted 180% increment in their salaries, if not for anything, just to prove that they are not like other Civil Servants.

They did not even care about the Bad Blood such a scenario might create in the university system or the Civil service at large.

They were solely focused on their own greed.

Unfortunately for them, their greed has finally led them to their demise.

They have achieved nothing apart from losing their salary and facing the possibility of having the "Almighty" ASUU being deregistered.
they went into this strike united, they came out 8 months with no salaries, two sister unions registered, two semesters gone.

all for nothing
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Masterito(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2022
And so? I doubt your claims of having ASUU family members. Do you know how ASUU vote to start, stay or remain on strike? You think ASUU decides these things. At least I have a friend who is a lecturer to understand how ASUU operate.The ASUU chairman is not a political post holder, hence I don't care if the daughter graduated from Harvard.
haslaw:

I have two family members as ASUU members and I went to a federal university at both first degree and masters. I also got a job as a federal university lecturer that I declined in 2020 for a better offer.

All of these will not make me support ASUU blindly. Truly, FG is not always sincere but are ASUU themselves sincere? ASSU is taking a beating from FG because they were tactless, not realistic with their demands and also refused to evolve.

Are you even aware that the ASUU chairman's daughter just graduated some weeks ago from a foreign university?
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by dallyemmy: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2022
When some nations cannot afford to close the universities overnight as knowledge is critical to technological growth and development. China is probably looking at ways and carrying out researches to move from DUV to EUV semiconductors lithography and even achieve advance semi-conductors manufacturing beyond 3nm GAA.
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by sayso: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by PrinceInTheNort: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
micflo28:
For a result oriented strike, ASUU should have picked few pressing needs like increased funding of universities and better welfare for staff to strike. Not coming with a long list of unrealistic demands running into trillions. Education is not the only sector that needs attention, by the way, when will they address the quality of teaching so that graduates will no longer be termed half baked.
What are the unrealistic part of the demand?
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by haslaw(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
Masterito:
And so? I doubt your claims of having ASUU family members. Do you know how ASUU vote to start, stay or remain on strike? You think ASUU decides these things. At least I have a friend who is a lecturer to understand how ASUU operate.The ASUU chairman is not a political post holder, hence I don't care if the daughter graduated from Harvard.

My brother, I grew up partly in a federal university and my friends were children of professors and Doctors.

This is a faceless forum and I have absolutely nothing to prove to you.
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
PrinceInTheNort:
What are the unrealistic part of the demand?
180% salary increment
Dictating a preferred payment platform for your employer.
Just to name few.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by rafcrown(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
NOT GOOD TO OVER DO THINGS.ASUU THE LOSER

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Pacesetter123(m): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wilson500:

Oga define the term 'salary'
So you are asking govt to do giveaway for ASUU
Na them send them to go strike grin
Academic work is not like some other work.
Where the academic calendar stopped before the strike is where they are going to start.They are not going to jump any semester and so government shouldn't jump any month of salary.
Just as ASUU members have a backlog of arrears of work to do so does the government has a backlog of arrears of salary to pay them.
So the court should not just talk of work only,it should also talk of salary.
Simple!
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by ofwest47(m): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
Assu chief of the glorified secondary schools called Universities in Nigeria, continue with your strike.

1 Like

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 11:34am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebubu:
they went into this strike united, they came out 8 months with no salaries, two sister unions registered, two semesters gone.

all for nothing

You painted the picture clearly and perfectly.

I'm sure they will be regretting choosing this moment to go on strike.

Before, when the government stops their salaries because of any of their frequent strikes, you will hear them confidently saying that the government is only saving their money for them.

But this time around, I am no longer hearing such statements.

Maybe they are finally realizing that true true, Buhari no be dia mate at all. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by itsRhamzy: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

You painted the picture clearly and perfectly.

I'm sure they will be regretting choosing this moment to go on strike.

Before, when the government stops their salaries because of any of their frequent strikes, you will hear them confidently saying that the government is only saving their money for them.

But this time around, I am no longer hearing such statements.

Maybe they are finally realizing that true true, Buhari no be dia mate at all. grin grin grin
lmfao ��� grin. If e sure for them, make Dem continue their strong-headedness make Dem no resume as ordered by court. I no be Buhari fan but I'm loving the way he's dealing with them gradually rendering their power useless grin. Wetin go be the icing on the cake is to pass the "no work no pay" law effective before he leaves to deal with any striking body hoping to go and rest at home and still receive salaries grin. So that next time they want to do busybody with students time again, they'd think twice about their salaries they won't receive.

1 Like

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2022
itsRhamzy:
lmfao ��� grin. If e sure for them, make Dem continue their strong-headedness make Dem no resume as ordered by court. I no be Buhari fan but I'm loving the way he's dealing with them gradually rendering their power useless grin. Wetin go be the icing on the cake is to pass the "no work no pay" law effective before he leaves to deal with any striking body hoping to go and rest at home and still receive salaries grin. So that next time they want to do busybody with students time again, they'd think twice about their salaries they won't receive.

The no work; no pay strategy is a very powerful tool in resetting the minds of so many strike-loving civil servants, chiefly ASUU.

As an employee, no one says you cannot go on strike because it is your full right to protest or demand for a better working condition, but then don't expect your employer to be paying you when you are on strike.

Of course, if your union is strong, then the union should also be paying you while you strike for as long as you like.

Your employer might decide to pay you during or after the strike based on compassionate terms but it is never your right to receive salaries from your employer while you are on strike.

This is what ASUU has been banking on since ages which makes them rush to strike anytime they feel like because like an over-pampered child, the government always shows compassion to them.

But again, like a spoilt and entitled child, they started taking this compassionate level of a thing as their fundamental right.

The Federal government has now decided to change the rules of the game this time around.

They are now determined to teach ASUU a very important life lesson by no longer being any lenient with them.

ASUU is now in trouble because they are not familiar with this latest stand by the government.

ASUU is now panicking because dem don dey realize say dem don enter one chance this time around. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Ebubu: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

The no work; no pay strategy is a very powerful tool in resetting the minds of so many strike-loving civil servants, chiefly ASUU.

As an employee, no one says you cannot go on strike because it is your full right to protest or demand for a better working condition, but then don't expect your employer to be paying you when you are on strike.

Of course, if your union is strong, then the union should also be paying you while you strike for as long as you like.

Your employer might decide to pay you during or after the strike based on compassionate terms but it is never your right to receive salaries from your employer while you are on strike.

This is what ASUU has been banking on since ages which makes them rush to strike anytime they feel like because like an over-pampered child, the government always shows compassion to them.

But again, like a spoilt and entitled child, they started taking this compassionate level of a thing as their fundamental right.

The Federal government has now decided to change the rules of the game this time around.

They are now determined to teach ASUU a very important life lesson.

ASUU is now in trouble because they are not familiar with this latest stand by the government.

ASUU is now panicking because dem don dey realize say dem don enter one chance this time around. grin grin grin
grin i dey usually like any post wey dey tackle ASUUgrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Pacesetter123:

Academic work is not like some other work.
Where the academic calendar stopped before the strike is where they are going to start.They are not going to jump any semester and so government shouldn't jump any month of salary.
Just as ASUU members have a backlog of arrears of work to do so does the government has a backlog of arrears of salary to pay them.
So the court should not just talk of work only,it should also talk of salary.
Simple!
I agree with you
ASUU have a backlog of works to do
FG have a backlog of salaries to pay them.

So FG should be paying them monthly as they carry out their work i.e if they do February's work in November, then they should be paid in November since nothing happened in February.

1 Like

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by Ebubu: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
rafcrown:
NOT GOOD TO OVER DO THINGS.ASUU THE LOSER
i swear
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ebubu:
grin i dey usually like any post wey dey tackle ASUUgrin

ASUU is just useless and senseless as well as selfish.
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
gassbee:
then ASUU wil finally be deregistered
After then?
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

ASUU is just useless and senseless as well as selfish.

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

They are now determined to teach ASUU a very important life lesson by no longer being any lenient with them.

Another
Pathetic
Commentator
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by dbelovd(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Is it not possible for ASUU to adopt a different approach, instead of embarking on strike. Knowing fully well that students and their parents are the only casualty of these frequent strikes.

What I found amazing is, how ASUU expect university sector to flourish, even when all other sectors/aspect of our national lives are in comatose...

Being the highest body of intellectual in the nation, and having highest academic achievement in all fields of our human endeavour, one will expect them to know that, what is happening in Nigeria is abnormal and should not be tolerated.

They have professors of political science, professors of economics, professors of accounting, even professors on ICT, what about agriculture etc. So they know that our country is being run aground.

I expect ASUU to take charge of the agitation against misrule, I expect them to fight, not for salary increase, but for good governance, transparency and accountability etc. I expect them to invest more in voters' education and encourage active participation of citizens in governance.

They should have seen the trajectory the nation is heading, as a result of the recklessness of our leaders, and call them to order...

I know such feat is not easy, but what sacrifice is too much for the survival of our nation, and for humanity?

I expect them to be on the forefront, in conjunction with NLC and CSO, to free us from the bondage bequeathed to us by the politicians and even the elites.

If the struggle requires shutting down all the aspects of our national life for a month or even more, in order to reset the brain of our politicians to behave normally and give us good governance, so be it...

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 5:07am On Oct 10, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Another
Pathetic
Commentator

Oga Osodeke how far na?

How market?

Hope you have planned what you will tell your disciples concerning how you led them to suffer a wotowotoporious shameful defeat?

I feel you pain although I don't feel any sorry for you at all.

Why should I feel sorry for a proud and stupid, greedy and selfish entity?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by GeneralBuhari: 5:12am On Oct 10, 2022
dbelovd:
Is it not possible for ASUU to adopt a different approach, instead of embarking on strike. Knowing fully well that students and their parents are the only casualty of these frequent strikes.

What I found amazing is, how ASUU expect university sector to flourish, even when all other sectors/aspect of our national lives are in comatose...

Being the highest body of intellectual in the nation, and having highest academic achievement in all fields of our human endeavour, one will expect them to know that, what is happening in Nigeria is abnormal and should not be tolerated.

They have professors of political science, professors of economics, professors of accounting, even professors on ICT, what about agriculture etc. So they know that our country is being run aground.

I expect ASUU to take charge of the agitation against misrule, I expect them to fight, not for salary increase, but for good governance, transparency and accountability etc. I expect them to invest more in voters' education and encourage active participation of citizens in governance.

They should have seen the trajectory the nation is heading, as a result of the recklessness of our leaders, and call them to order...

I know such feat is not easy, but what sacrifice is too much for the survival of our nation, and for humanity?

I expect them to be on the forefront, in conjunction with NLC and CSO, to free us from the bondage bequeathed to us by the politicians and even the elites.

If the struggle requires shutting down all the aspects of our national life for a month or even more, in order to reset the brain of our politicians to behave normally and give us good governance, so be it...

Thank you so much for saying these truth.

But how do you expect the useless ASUU to be fighting for those glorious things you mentioned when their primary concern it to be earning exactly what the Senators are earning, or even more?

These ASUU guys have lost their ways completely.

Like professional kidnappers, they have only perfected how to use strikes as an excuse to demand for more and more ransom after each successful kidnapping operation.

And it has been working perfectly for them.

But they have finally met their match in General Buhari who is now more than ready to clip their wings once and for all.

ASUU has been demystified.

1 Like

Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Oga Osodeke how far na?

How market?

Hope you have planned what you will tell your disciples concerning how you led them to suffer a wotowotoporious shameful defeat?

I feel you pain although I don't feel any sorry for you at all.

Why should I feel sorry for a proud and stupid, greedy and selfish entity?

I pity you, your types and the coming generation of university graduates. You are hypocrite, if your children are not attending public primary and secondary schools. Again, I pity you and your type who can not afford private university and shouting and wailing Shodeke Shodeke. When you cry tired, you either take your children to a private 'glorify secondary ' university or take them to Ghana.
Re: We Will Review Appeal Court’s Ruling, Decide On Next Action – ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Thank you so much for saying these truth.

But how do you expect the useless ASUU to be fighting for those glorious things you mentioned when their primary concern it to be earning exactly what the Senators are earning, or even more?

These ASUU guys have lost their ways completely.

Like professional kidnappers, they have only perfected how to use strikes as an excuse to demand for more and more ransom after each successful kidnapping operation.

And it has been working perfectly for them.

But they have finally met their match in General Buhari who is now more than ready to clip their wings once and for all.

ASUU has been demystified.

Buharilized brain analyst.
What can we got from someone with kangaroo lost but re-issue school certificates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NANS Treasurer, Chinyelu Okolie Marks Birthday Amidst Loads Of Felicitations / Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria / Things A Fresher Should Know Before Resuming In A Tertiary Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.