Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter (56270 Views)

The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter Time / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
obinna58:

I've done, agrited, chikun and Sayed broilers. Chikun has more resistance to disease but do not grow in group, agrited are the best if done well, regular drugs due to their vulnerablity, have good group growth and nice feed convertion ratio, even more tasty meat.
Sayed will only impress from week1 to week4, the one I did has genetic issue, kidney and liver failure.

Preventing crd means you'll have to watch them from anything dusty(it's the main source), good crd drugs drugs are expensive and funny enough it won't cure them totally, never use sawdust if you're rearing group chicken in smaller space (infact don't use it at all) ventilation is very necessary as well, also avoid excessive ammonia buildup, do regular cleaning.

There's a big difference doing poultry in smaller scale and bigger scale, you can only manage diseases in bigger scale, you can hardly cure it, you don't cure crd, you manage it to the minimum level, it won't be noticeable even, drugs like tylodox extra, tylocare works good.

New Hope feed is great.

Thank you for your feedback. I made a lot of mistake as this is my first time. Mine was a disaster. I started in smaller scale of 51 birds. I have lost 28 broilers already through respiratory diseases and fowl pox..

One by one they will just stop lost appetite, stop eating and keep dying. At first I tried to get much information on this as much as I can. But unfortunately I did not meet anyone with helpful info.

I also got a wrong advice from women, who told me to mix their feed with corn chaff which was a huge mistake. Before I stop using corn chaff I have lost more than 25 birds. Someone also directed me to be using vital feed

I am also using sawdust which I need to stop asap. I never thought sawdust is dangerous to their health.

Right now I am battling to save them with a drug called (CRD) and (Poxline1) for fowl pox. Their is is watery, filled with mucus. It was not so at first.

My last question is, how many times do you feed your birds? I feed mine 3-4 times daily.

Thank you
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Profnani:
3months old Muscovy duck for sale
Location Abeokuta
Price 3500.

How much do you sell day old duckies.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Josbreed: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2022
Which hatchery ptoduce Marshall?
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
Josbreed:
Which hatchery ptoduce Marshall?
Obasanjos farms
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
Mibrondo:

Thank you for your feedback. I made a lot of mistake as this is my first time. Mine was a disaster. I started in smaller scale of 51 birds. I have lost 28 broilers already through respiratory diseases and fowl pox..

One by one they will just stop lost appetite, stop eating and keep dying. At first I tried to get much information on this as much as I can. But unfortunately I did not meet anyone with helpful info.

I also got a wrong advice from women, who told me to mix their feed with corn chaff which was a huge mistake. Before I stop using corn chaff I have lost more than 25 birds. Someone also directed me to be using vital feed

I am also using sawdust which I need to stop asap. I never thought sawdust is dangerous to their health.

Right now I am battling to save them with a drug called (CRD) and (Poxline1) for fowl pox. Their is is watery, filled with mucus. It was not so at first.

My last question is, how many times do you feed your birds? I feed mine 3-4 times daily.

Thank you

Corn chaff is bad only when you do not dry it properly. This will cause mold to grow and produce toxins that will cause thrush and aspergillosis. Mouldy sawdust is also bad for the same reason.
If you want fast growth, feed shud be available at all time, else you can get more feeders and fees 2x per day.
Also note that you can save yourself a lot of headache if you minimize ammonia from droppings. It lowers their immune system and make them fall for diseases. So keep the house clean and DRY. Fowlpox and other diseases can be transmitted by mosquitoes. So spray insecticide like imidacloprid on the walls of the pen and surroundings.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
FarmTech:

Corn chaff is bad only when you do not dry it properly. This will cause mold to grow and produce toxins that will cause thrush and aspergillosis. Mouldy sawdust is also bad for the same reason.
If you want fast growth, feed shud be available at all time, else you can get more feeders and fees 2x per day.
Also note that you can save yourself a lot of headache if you minimize ammonia from droppings. It lowers their immune system and make them fall for diseases. So keep the house clean and DRY. Fowlpox and other diseases can be transmitted by mosquitoes. So spray insecticide like imidacloprid on the walls of the pen and surroundings.

Thank you sir for this useful info. Please what is ammonia?
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mibrondo:

Right now I am battling to save them with a drug called (CRD) and (Poxline1)
fowl pox. Their is is watery, filled with mucus. It was not so at first.

Thank you

Losing 28 birds, I don't think your birds are battling only crd and pox, maybe visible ones you're able to see, besides are you even sure it's pox? How does it look like? Does it have black spot surface?
Did you treat coccidiosis? What of vaccine? It even looked like you're using the worst feed that people were suggesting a bad feed for an improvement. Vital feed is bad.
Refined sawdust can be used but not the ones you pack from people's shops, those ones are terrible.

I normally start with Newhope feed then at 3weeks I mill feed using concentrate and they eat night and day with constant supply of drugs mixed water, if I'm to withdraw feed from them, it won't be up to 3hours.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
Mibrondo:

Thank you sir for this useful info. Please what is ammonia?
Ammonia is a gas that comes out from wet droppings.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
obinna58:

Losing 28 birds, I don't think your birds are battling only crd and pox, maybe visible ones you're able to see, besides are you even sure it's pox? How does it look like? Does it have black spot surface?
Did you treat coccidiosis? What of vaccine? It even looked like you're using the worst feed that people were suggesting a bad feed for an improvement. Vital feed is bad.
Refined sawdust can be used but not the ones you pack from people's shops, those ones are terrible.

I normally start with Newhope feed then at 3weeks I mill feed using concentrate and they eat night and day with constant supply of drugs mixed water, if I'm to withdraw feed from them, it won't be up to 3hours.

Can you talk more about feed milling with concentrate? Pls include cost. Thanks.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2022
FarmTech:

Can you talk more about feed milling with concentrate? Pls include cost. Thanks.

It's formulated too, saves cost but more risky.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2022
obinna58:

Thank you for your feed back. I made too many mistake because I did not get fully educated about broilers. Before now, I tried to ask but no one even care to pay any attention to me to educate me on this.

About my broilers.

1. There is a black bump on their face and eyes. Their eyes swell and scratches them a lot.
2. Some of my birds, their leg is thin, while some are little healthy. The ones with thin legs has heavy growth issues. They are not growing.
3. Some of my birds snore and cough.
4. The sick ones has body week ness.

I currently gives them bitter leaf to drink every morning and also administered poxline in the evening. Also gave them CRD once daily. Since I brought them I have not vaccinate them as I did not know much.

Please, give me details of drugs you normally use and how and when you used them in each stages of their lives.

What is Admacine use for?

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 31, 2022
FarmTech:

Ammonia is a gas that comes out from wet droppings.

I use a small mini room as my poultry house. I clean the place every 4 days. Each day I sprinkle sawdust to supressed the smell of their poop. But thank you for educating me on this.

What is admacine use for ?
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mibrondo:

I use a small mini room as my poultry house. I clean the place every 4 days. Each day I sprinkle sawdust to supressed the smell of their poop. But thank you for educating me on this.

What is admacine use for ?
The main thing is to keep it dry. Even if you clean every 4 days, so long as it is not dry it will cause problem.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mibrondo:

Thank you for your feed back. I made too many mistake because I did not get fully educated about broilers. Before now, I tried to ask but no one even care to pay any attention to me to educate me on this.

About my broilers.

1. There is a black bump on their face and eyes. Their eyes swell and scratches them a lot.
2. Some of my birds, their leg is thin, while some are little healthy. The ones with thin legs has heavy growth issues. They are not growing.

I currently gives them bitter leaf to drink every morning and also administered poxline in the evening. Also gave them CRD once daily. Since I brought them I have not vaccinate them as I did not know much.

Please, give me details of drugs you normally use and how and when you used them in each stages of their lives.

You can get some useful info here:
Raising broiler, cockerel and layers in nigeria

Caring for Day Old Chicks
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
obinna58:

It's formulated too, saves cost but more risky.
Is it the type where you combine maize and wheat offal with the concentrate?
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Akposkiz: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2022
Nice information to farmers!!!
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Mibrondo:

About my broilers.

Generally no one cares, it's better learning yourself cos those ones who look as if they care and wanting to help are going to screw you even more for their selfish gain.
Seeking knowledge, first you must know what you want. I'm not an expert but I've been learning myself.

Like I said if you notice any disease in your flock treatment should follow immediately, living it and hoping it'll be better will screw you more, about the pox, swelling shouldn't be a major identification, might be understandable though but scratching part makes it look otherwise, if the black spots are not on their combs then it may likely be Mycoplasm due to presence of crd, or corzya, worst case all of them at the same time.

About the tin leg and growth issues you wouldn't put that on crd, might be Newcastle disease if some of them are paralyzed but I suspect coccidiosis, coccidiosis is very common and it causes quick death, it's an intestine problem, prevents them from absorbing vital nutrients, if they can't absorb important nutrients growth becomes a problem, brownish yellow mucus like poop are early stage signs, bloody poop at late stage.

You birds need antibiotics for the Mycoplasm/corzya, it'll affect the effectiveness of cough drugs. If you think it's pox you continue on pox drugs, search for better drugs.
Get a strong anti coccidiosis drug like emberzine forte or amproccoc, Amproluim. Mix cocci drugs with tetracycline based antibiotics drugs
Crd is expensive treat that's why it's not working
Doxygen as an antibiotics is 5k(expensive)
Tylo dox is about 4k
Tylocare 2.5k
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
Mibrondo:

About my broilers.

It's not just about drugs it's what you should be treating at different stages.
Broilers Vaccination/medication Programme:
Day 1: Marek vaccine (s/c). This should be
given to them at hatchery (5naira per bird). Getting to your brooding pen, you give them multivitamin or glucose just to ease transportation stress.
Day 2-5: Multivitamins and antibiotics.
Day 6-8: Anti- coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 9: Gumboro vaccine.
Day 10: Vitamins.
Day 11-13: Anti- coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 14: Lasota vaccine mix with milk (cow bell)
Day 15-20: Vitamins.
Day 21: Second Gumboro vaccine
Day 25-27: Vitamins.
Day 28: Second Lasota.
Day 29-33: Anti - coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 42: Dewormer.

2 Likes

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by brain54(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
Mibrondo:

About my broilers.

What’s the quantity of your birds?

Many symptoms/sickness are present in your birds.
Fowl pox, Newcastle, cossidiosis.
Visit a vet urgently. Never take chances with your birds or try to save costs.
You treat with bitter leaf? That’s not good enough. Your birds needs stronger antibiotics.

Run o! Before you loose your investment.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
obinna58:

It's not just about drugs it's what you should be treating at different stages.
Broilers Vaccination/medication Programme:
Day 1: Marek vaccine (s/c). This should be
given to them at hatchery (5naira per bird). Getting to your brooding pen, you give them multivitamin or glucose just to ease transportation stress.
Day 2-5: Multivitamins and antibiotics.
Day 6-8: Anti- coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 9: Gumboro vaccine.
Day 10: Vitamins.
Day 11-13: Anti- coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 14: Lasota vaccine mix with milk (cow bell)
Day 15-20: Vitamins.
Day 21: Second Gumboro vaccine
Day 25-27: Vitamins.
Day 28: Second Lasota.
Day 29-33: Anti - coccidiosis and vitamins.
Day 42: Dewormer.

I have saved the vaccine -meds on my files folder.

Thanks a lot.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
brain54:

What’s the quantity of your birds?

Many symptoms/sickness are present in your birds.
Fowl pox, Newcastle, cossidiosis.
Visit a vet urgently. Never take chances with your birds or try to save costs.
You treat with bitter leaf? That’s not good enough. Your birds needs stronger antibiotics.

Run o! Before you loose your investment.

OK. Thanks a lot.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
FarmTech:

Is it the type where you combine maize and wheat offal with the concentrate?
Corn
Fullfat
Hendrix or breedwell concentrate
Bone
Mycofix

1 Like

Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by FarmTech(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
obinna58:

Corn
Fullfat
Hendrix or breedwell concentrate
Bone
Mycofix
Thanks.
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by peacealways: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Very informative
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by obinna58(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
boldking:
Yes I like chicken and I want to eat like a big man but now that there will be massive rigging in February 23 2023 but I hope TINUBU fails so that Nigerians will rejoice

A vote for Peter Obi is a vote for the youths don’t waste it on the owner of lagos
The massive rigging happened but I think it was more massive than we expected
Re: The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter by Demurray: 7:33am On May 17, 2023
brain54:

150 broilers will probably give the equivalent of like 500 layers.
And their poo is different…unlike the layers poo that is dryer and firmer.
What do you expect? If someone eats too much, what kind of excreta do you want him/ her to release? If not watery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys / Man Fries Garri After Reading Buhari's Democracy Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.