Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28680 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by pquaver(m): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Iliveforever:

Since you can’t even construct a proper sentence, I’ll let you run along with your lots.

Leave sentence construct come with fact.. Na me the write am Ike that.. I ove my pidgin. U can go to other comments of mine if you are looking for good constructed sentences in but English and German.. If you want grammar I will teacher but that is nt why we are here.. Face the fact.. And answer constructively.. Abi you think say I be chaff?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
sisisioge:

Your children will then have to eat more varieties of pepper....you know how many there are? By the way, some people make millions from pepper selling o, you know how much Dangote earns on his tomatoes production? You are really so myopic....think beyond your now, tomorrow is important too. The old man you're rooting for is tired, imagine voting another tired old performer after the current tired guy. You guys just want to turn Aso Rock to a retirement home! Nigeria deserves more....be kind.
Rightly so, our intelligence is beginning to sharpen your blunt edges. With emphasis on "Dangote's production", which brings us to the critical point of the discuss. Would you rather KILL Dangote's earnings on tomatoes production just to fulfill your gluttonous lusts for reckless unrestricted importation of unhealthy canned tomatoes from foreign countries?
You better be careful where these Obi's container theories dey carry you dey go.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Masterito:
2007-2015 There was no restriction and bag of rice was about 9000.
There is currently restriction now, how is rice today, despite the local rice production?

If Nigeria needs 5 billion US dollar a year to import rice and be self-sufficient every year in importing rice. Today we borrow 15 billion US dollar a year to produce the right and we are producing nothing. So you can see the big difference it is like saying which one will you be fair to import write 45 billion and let the rice feed your family or to borrow 15 billion to feed your family and you cannot feed your family with 15 billion that is the problem today.

You cannot be borrowing money up and down the place to produce when you are producing nothing. The rice that tribe was cheap because it was Direct business people were not borrowing money to import but now we are borrowing money to produce and borrowing 6 times the amount to produce nothing

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Iliveforever(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
pquaver:

Leave sentence construct come with fact.. Na me the write am Ike that.. I ove my pidgin. U can go to other comments of mine if you are looking for good constructed sentences in but English and German.. If you want grammar I will teacher but that is nt why we are here.. Face the fact.. And answer constructively.. Abi you think say I be chaff?

I don’t face my precious facts with lunatics
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
In your myopic mind, those countries do not import. Look at what your Buhari economics has put the whole country in. You and you ilk should be stopped even from teaching a primary school pupil because there is nothing in your heads.
How many imports do China allow in their country?. After all, Ibos have turned Nigeria into China dumping ground, so how much reciprocity does China allow for Nigeria products in their country?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

At least I didn't import champagne and ketchup from China like Obituary.
You see why you be mumu? Did anyone stop you from manufacturing champagne and ketchup in Nigeria? So you expect the champagnes and ketchups to be exclusive items that only the very rich can have when they travel abroad? The masses should be denied the basic luxuries of life because you are fighting to protect local manufacturers who are not even manufacturing anything. No be juju be that? If local producers are ready for business, let them compete with the foreign productions. If they need tax cuts and exemptions to boost their businesses, then that could be argued.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by emapeteum(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Removing import duty will finally destroy the Nigerian economy. Obi should think deep putting some thoughts across
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

Did you know that all the car manufacturers in America went bankrupt and Obama had to bail them out with tax payers money? Asian imports saw to that, even the great US is not immuned.
There was a global recession. It affected everyone. So you opinion holds no water. What am trying to tell you is you can't do it alone. You need imports in your country. Tell me one country dat does not allow imports in the world. Whether raw materials or finished goods?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nijablast:
Na today I confirm say majority of obituaries are olodos
Simple economics they can't understand.
Economically, Nigeria is on the right path to prosperity as we speak, removing restrictions on products will take us back to our Egypt.

I disagree with you a lot look at the debt of the Nation. We are currently spending 120% of our income generation on pay debt. You can sell to all of our Financial Capital industrial capital Lagos State and you cannot even pay the debt. Have you ever asked what does this mean when we borrow money only 20% of the money comes to Nigeria the rest goes to build houses abroad. Everybody jump up and talk about local production but it is only a fool which goes and borrow four times more than he is what and produces nothing.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

How many imports do China allow in their country?. After all, Ibos have turned Nigeria into China dumping ground, so how much reciprocity does China allow for Nigeria products in their country?
Is China not meeting local consumption before exporting? Why should you restrict importation when local production is not meeting consumption?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Jogs1900: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
jazon:

You don't know because you're not an importer.
This link is a guide for you and moreover you don't know the kind of job or business I do.THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON IMPORTATION OF RAW MATERIALS.

https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/nigeria-prohibited-and-restricted-imports
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
Is China not meeting local consumption before exporting? Why should you restrict importation when local production is not meeting consumption?
Exactly bro......Nigerians don't reason at all
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
Iliveforever:

So it’s this government that cares about Nigeria?
Or it’s tinubu and Atiku that cares about Nigeria?

See eh, at least before you type ask yourself why this country got so bad since 2015 till now. Because of the evil policies they introduced.
Now Obi says he’s taking the opposite direction of what this country did and you’re still angry. Is it that you just want to attack peter Obi for just being capable than ur candidate?

However, who gives a flying Bleep if you have a pr in Europe asif you’ll stay the rest of ur life?

Sometimes ask yourself questions before coming out to show the level of your reasoning in public

I do not support any Nigeria but I have to say the truth from the bottom of my heart all over the world Nigeria's at the same piece of shit even in America they do nothing only fool themselves with their illiteracy. All Nigerians are the same 1 million years they will do nothing

But among all the idiots running for president I can say Peter obi is a bit better and maybe so Skower.

But regardless of all of this idiot my number 1 pick is Yoruba nation and b-iafra for life. Nigeria expiry has passed long ago and the country is now a rotten can of maggot

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
Well I can see you don't understand economics, stick with politics. Without import restriction, Nigeria was better than today Nigeria. The point restriction of import has not helped.
baretalk:
ote author=Masterito post=117361234]Chai your mumu huge. Americans build companies in China, buy production materials in China, use China Labour and put thier brand label on the product and pay import tax to America government when it lands on America.

Again America have oil but prefer to buy Oil abroad.

Again research the cost of American products produced in America and check same cost of similar American products Produced in China.

You don't have have sense. Importing is not a crime, especially when the cost of produced is too high in your country, raising prices unnecessarily.

Common sense is indeed not common, reason why the country is the way it is. Economics is not politics.

Mumu this is expanding American business to other nations, this is good for America, it's American product fool. This is different from importation. No president will say what obi said.

Those companies will send their profit home, this will be used for more economic activities in America. This is different than importing fool. Importing is buying finished product from another country, what you are talking of now is Americans investing in other countries, they can still employ Americans as top tier staff, most times it's big companies that does this, it's part of business expansion fool. They will also get a share of china market, and the profit goes home, this can not negatively affect their currency unlike importation that reduce the value of the nation's currency. It makes no sense spending billions of dollars on importing rice, when we can use that money, boost farmers, create rice mills, distribution network and a value chain to employ tens of thousands, that will lead to huge multiplier effects and increase in GDP of Nigeria.

These ipob, you people really dull o, Obi's candidacy expose your dullness.

Mumu comparing investment in foreign nations to importing. I will stop debating with you, just as dumb as obi.

You can't create employment, multiplier effect and expansion by importing, what you are talking about is something different, is totally different from importing. Stupid Ipobians you don't even know the difference cheesy

Stick to the topic, importation restrictions or not, stop delving into other topics.

Hope Obi is on this thread getting some lessons, he can use these instructions to help Anambra, your youths are running everywhere to survive because of this container and shop economics, only a few get rich, the state suffers from unemployment and low IGR which breeds criminality. This is why despite having some few rich men,. Anambra is at the bottom of the ladder on IGR, it's this shop and container economics that is making your state retrogress.

Obi is looking for a quick fix, lazy way out that will destroy the economy.

Flood Nigeria with imports, lol. Dumb joker.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

Rightly so, our intelligence is beginning to sharpen your blunt edges. With emphasis on "Dangote's production", which brings us to the critical point of the discuss. Would you rather KILL Dangote's earnings on tomatoes production just to fulfill your gluttonous lusts for reckless unrestricted importation of unhealthy canned tomatoes from foreign countries?
You better be careful where these Obi's container theories dey carry you dey go.
As a consumer, why should I buy dangote's tomato for #150 when I can get same for #50 from imported one? Why should the people with low purchasing powers take the brunt of lazy uncreative local producers?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Masterito:
Chai your mumu huge. Americans build companies in China, buy production materials in China, use China Labour and put thier brand label on the product and pay import tax to America government when it lands on America.

Again America have oil but prefer to buy Oil abroad.

Again research the cost of American products produced in America and check same cost of similar American products Produced in China.

You don't have have sense. Importing is not a crime, especially when the cost of produced is too high in your country, raising prices unnecessarily.

Common sense is indeed not common, reason why the country is the way it is. Economics is not politics.

I agree with you in some parts of what you said but I also disagree with you because the method which will have here is not about Production it is about borrowing money to produce. Let's say you have a industry which you want to build for 1 million u.s. dollar you go and borrow 20 million u.s. dollar day you build that industry for 1 million u.s. dollar use the money to buy houses abroad that is what will happen in the country today. We are actually producing nothing bol Radha bol to produce which is a way situation
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
So why not remove the import restriction? Since we can't still produce?
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

If Nigeria needs 5 billion US dollar a year to import rice and be self-sufficient every year in importing rice. Today we borrow 15 billion US dollar a year to produce the right and we are producing nothing. So you can see the big difference it is like saying which one will you be fair to import write 45 billion and let the rice feed your family or to borrow 15 billion to feed your family and you cannot feed your family with 15 billion that is the problem today.

You cannot be borrowing money up and down the place to produce when you are producing nothing. The rice that tribe was cheap because it was Direct business people were not borrowing money to import but now we are borrowing money to produce and borrowing 6 times the amount to produce nothing

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
You see why you be mumu? Did anyone stop you from manufacturing champagne and ketchup in Nigeria? So you expect the champagnes and ketchups to be exclusive items that only the very rich can have when they travel abroad? The masses should be denied the basic luxuries of life because you are fighting to protect local manufacturers who are not even manufacturing anything. No be juju be that? If local producers are ready for business, let them compete with the foreign productions. If they need tax cuts and exemptions to boost their businesses, then that could be argued.

You are so naive, I wouldn't waste my time with folks like you. A policy like the one Obi is proposing will send a lot of those small scale manufacturers in the south-east to the poor house.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Damoon77(m): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
@reno You are a fool…

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
So why not remove the import restriction since we can't still produce?
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by sisisioge: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

I would rather not monopolize market for Dangote....I would open up opportunities for others so wealth can be evenly distributed! If the market is too steep for others to partake, then the essence of local market development will be defeated. Several businesses had to close factories in this Bubu's era. Diesel is too golden to afford! So guess who us suffering the most, the end user who had to use money for 10 to buy only one!
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Masterito:
So why not remove the import restriction? Since we can't still produce?

No I do not want the import restrictions to be removed I want Nigerian people to suffer and their children to suffer because this is the only way Yoruba nation and biafra can come to light. Nigeria destruction and collapse will be Yoruba nation and biafra success.

The people of Nigeria have to be sacrificed for the dream to come true.

There is no success without sacrifice. Do more Nigerian people suffer the better Our Dream for a nation becomes true

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Jogs1900: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jogs1900:

This link is a guide for you and moreover you don't know the kind of job or business I do.THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON IMPORTATION OF RAW MATERIALS.CBN has been approving forex for importation of raw materials.Though it may be slow,this is so because of scarcity of forex which affect all importers. What you term restriction is actually scarcity of forex.

https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/nigeria-prohibited-and-restricted-imports
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
JoeNL22:

There was a global recession. It affected everyone. So you opinion holds no water. What am trying to tell you is you can't do it alone. You need imports in your country. Tell me one country dat does not allow aimports in the world. Whether raw materials or finished goods?

It was a global recession but Toyota didn't go bankrupt. Nissan, Hyundai, Mazda and others didn't go bankrupt.
Nobody is saying Nigeria should be totally walled off, but protecting things we can easily make in Nigeria is a good way to grow the economy and reduce unemployment.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
If China had proposed unrestricted importations would they have had the capacity to meet its local production?. Use your brain.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
bdon123:

as i am talking to u i dey abroad,d chair m seating on comes frm china.the table stand is china....d door handle is china.d rice is ate this evening is taiwan ,d tv is china,oga no deceive urself.Even USA ,mighty USA still imports alot frm china....u cannot restrict everything.
Take a picture of the table make I see?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Gent: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
I`m an Obidient, l have never criticized him, not even for once. But the removal of import restriction is a big NO, NO to me. This policy go against productivity which he vowed to promote. It will have multiple negative effect on Nigerians, especially the local manufacturers.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Ubekus: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pls Nigeria should import, these are local producers are killing us, with high increase of money everyday, everybody want to build mansion in one day,so obi is right.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

It was a global recession but Toyota didn't go bankrupt. Nissan, Hyundai, Mazda and others didn't go bankrupt.
Nobody is saying Nigeria should be totally walled off, but protecting things we can easily make in Nigeria is a good way to grow the economy and reduce unemployment.
And who told you imports will not increase employment in Nigeria?
What are the things we can easily produce?.....the cost of Goods are still high. America can produce cars easily yet they still allow imports. UK also allow imports in their country also. The truth is nature will always have it's way. If the world runs by your assertions above. Then things will be very difficult for people.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Iliveforever(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I do not support any Nigeria but I have to say the truth from the bottom of my heart all over the world Nigeria's at the same piece of shit even in America they do nothing only fool themselves with their illiteracy. All Nigerians are the same 1 million years they will do nothing

But among all the idiots running for president I can say Peter obi is a bit better and maybe so Skower.

But regardless of all of this idiot my number 1 pick is Yoruba nation and . Nigeria expiry has passed long ago and the country is now a rotten can of maggot

God bless you
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
sisisioge:

I would rather not monopolize market for Dangote....I would open up opportunities for others so wealth can be evenly distributed! If the market is too steep for others to partake, then the essence of location market development will be defeated. Several businesses had to close factories in this Bubu's era. Diesel is too golden to afford! So guess who us suffering the most, the end user who had to use money for 10 to buy only one!
Are you now shifting your argument from production to monopoly? and who told you that tomatoes industry is a monopoly market?. Pls, stick to what you know abeg.
What has closure of factories related with the issue of importation.even though, you are obviously ignorant of the amount of FDI the country had attracted in couple of years.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
JoeNL22:

And who told you imports will not increase employment in Nigeria?
What are the things we can easily produce?.....the cost of Goods are still high. America can produce cars easily yet they still allow imports. UK also allow imports in their country also. The truth is nature will always have it's way. If the world runs by your assertions above. Then things will be very difficult for people.

No country can ever develop by relying on importation of almost everything. Even chicken and the toothpicks to pick your teeth afterwards. If you do that you are keeping the people of other countries employed while your country remains poor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service / Osun Government Clears Air On ‘return To Half Salary’ For Workers / Governor Obaseki Visits Tony Elumelu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.