Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28678 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

From 2007 - 2015 import restriction was removed

Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000
Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted
Foreign rice. 50kg N40,000
Local rice. 50kg. N37,000

Obi is right

On point bro......people don't understand basic economics.

When you create scarcity for a product......it leads to increase in price of that product. Absence brings and increases value. Peter obi is truly right. We need someone like obi in power. All these leaders have zero idea on how to run the economy. We need someone like obi who will ensure Nigeria has sense in running things.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Scamburster(m): 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Zorn:
The champagne they are drinking in Nigeria today , are they produced in Nigeria? The import restrictions Buhari placed has it helped the Naira in anyway? Some of you think your Nairaland post changes the reality on ground or should I say you're delusional . All the policies of Buhari has failed because he does not understand the complexity of 21st century Economy. You have more dollars in your bank's than the USA and Don't want your local currency to fall? The Chinese yen vs Naira trade deal that was proposed did it see the light of the day? Now people are throwing dollars in parties and clubs in your country as if it's your local currency but that didn't bother you . What does Reno Know ? Somebody that wants to trade the future of the for the post SA ? Selfish polictical jobber?
May God bless you man.

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by blackmantis: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley

Removing duties from our excise will spell doom for the economy.. You don't need to be an economists to know that.. in as much as I know that Obi wants to impress his audience, he should exercise caution when churning out data and statistics of economy use because it will always be a reference point
Take out time to read what Reno wrote and be judgement about it. Read and learn and stop behaving like the Buharideens

The economy is already dead!
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by daygee12: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jestin:

Read my comment with an insight dude. We are obedient to God to give us a man like Obi to move this country forward abi 9ja never tire u?
Is it not God who gave Obi to Anambra people what has changed in their lives abi suffer no dey tire u
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Scamburster(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lovenorth:
I just love Peter Obi, pls forgive me for insulting you when I was in the dark
Welcome back..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

I mentioned SAP because it was made to reverse what Obi is proposing. Manufacturing today is a bigger portion of our GDP because Nigeria decided to look inwards.
SAP was deeply unpopular because the immediate effect was higher prices for almost everything. Nigeria moved endured that and Manufacturing is beginning to take off but Obi's policy will take us back to pre SAP days. This is what I am trying to explain to you.
SAP was only an economic policy, it is not an overall judgment of Babangida's government, good or bad.

You be mumu. After how many years after SAP, you are still yapping that it is now it is beginning to take off. Take off to where? Let local manufacturers be ready to compete with imports.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

You need to first remove the dust in your brain and then invest in evening Education.
You wish you had the one I have. The masses will not continue to bear the brunt of local manufacturers laziness and exploitations and govts' inactivity.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
You be mumu. After how many years after SAP, you are still yapping that it is now it is beginning to take off. Take off to where? Let local manufacturers be ready to compete with imports.

Your father is the mumu for giving birth to a r.etard. Do you think building a manufacturing base is as simple as building your 2x4 shops? Bloody m.oron.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Jestin: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
daygee12:

Is it not God who gave Obi to Anambra people what has changed in their lives abi suffer no dey tire u
Obi is far better than your drugs lord Mr Made Lagos.

He made Lagos but always run to London for medical check ups.
He made Lagos but always run to London to rest. Look at your push and start president can’t even bend down to say a simple prayer for the country .

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
sisisioge:

Dont be such an ediut, you know that's an hypothetical statement. Meanwhile, can you start ignoring me? I have decided to do same.....very fullish pepper consumer boy! Myopic thieving politician apologist! Werey banza. Ozuuuuuo grin

Why must sensible people ignore you?, If your kids grow up to read your horseshit on this site, they may blame us for not flogging some sense into you. We may ignore in romance section where dumbness is being tolerated but never in politics section where we talk serious business.
Hypothetically speaking, if restrictions was removed from pepper import, how would you be able to make a reasonable amount of sales to send your kids to school?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by saysugar(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mikelarteta:
Even if this guy does not win, irrespective of who wins, he should be made minister for the economy let’s even see what he can do with all the statistics he has been given us.
tinubu will surely use obi as minister, I just doubt tinubu winning second term because his administration will shun some dullard, tinubu always pick competent person
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Pakute: 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
You wish you had the one I have. The masses will not continue to bear the brunt of local manufacturers laziness and exploitations and govts' inactivity.
If those countries you are intending to import from were as dumb as you & Obi, how would you be able to import their own production?

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by lifenija: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that peter obi is senseless and dull.
like say u even understand wetin dem dey talk.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Godfullsam:

But Reno is correct on this one, a country that wants to move from consumption to production can not be planing to remove import restrictions on certain items we can product local.

Let's say the truth

You are very wrong.....let me give you an example......America can produce cars for its people. But yet they still allow foreign companies to bring their cars into the country. Why is that? Simple! local businesses need competition. That is the only way they can meet global standards. If you don't give you local companies competition. They can't grow. It is the same issue we have with rice right now. Buhari went to close border when knowing fully well that the Nigerian rice farmers can't produce 100% of what Nigerians consume. They said "we can only produce 18%". 18% of 300 million Nigerians = 54 million Nigerians. So why would you close the border when they told you they can't produce the rice the whole country needs. Judging from the maths over 246 millions Nigerians will not have rice to eat. Hence the small rice left will be every expensive. Why? Because you have created scarcity. When you create scarcity for a product you increase the price of the product. Because supply must meet demand. That is why they say absence brings value. Hence obi is completely right about the restrictions. We need to remove it. If not you will pay 100k for bag of rice in the next 5 years. No cap!

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ebbo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mikelarteta:
Even if this guy does not win, irrespective of who wins, he should be made minister for the economy let’s even see what he can do with all the statistics he has been given us.

Funny u but i support this ur mad idea sha.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Food price in Nigeria is too high, allowing imports will crash prices of items in the short term then the government starts creating good business environment so that the locally produced food can be as cheap if not cheaper than the imported one. It is simple economics that countries all over the world are constantly using.

Nobody develops their economy by creating unfair advantage, you must be able to compete fairly globally.
Exactly bro.....I don't understand how people can't understand basic ss 1 economics.
We need to educate the Nigerian masses

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by sisisioge: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

Why must sensible people ignore you?, If your kids grow up to read your horseshit on this site, they may blame us for not flogging some sense into their mom. We may ignore in romance section where dumbness is being tolerated but never in politics section where we talk serious business.
Hypothetically speaking, if restrictions was removed from pepper import, how would you be able to make a reasonable amount of sales to send your kids to school?

Your children will then have to eat more varieties of pepper....you know how many there are? By the way, some people make millions from pepper selling o, you know how much Dangote earns on his tomatoes production? You are really so myopic....think beyond your now, tomorrow is important too. The old man you're rooting for is tired, imagine voting another tired old performer after the current tired guy. You guys just want to turn Aso Rock to a retirement home! Nigeria deserves more....be kind.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pakute:

If those countries you are intending to import from were as dumb as you & Obi, how would you be able to import their own production?
In your myopic mind, those countries do not import. Look at what your Buhari economics has put the whole country in. You and you ilk should be stopped even from teaching a primary school pupil because there is nothing in your heads.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
Reyhzor:

You want him to attack cheesy cheesy.
NL has become so low aswr
sorry I thought I was talking to an educated fellow.
Let me come down to your level; what I mean is that he should counter Reno accusations.
My pickin pls go back to school.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Goodoldays(m): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
container economics apostle

What economic solution has your candidate proffer?

I don’t need excuses,what has your candidate said about their plan to revive the dead economy?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
JoeNL22:

You are very wrong.....let me give you an example......America can produce cars for its people. But yet they still allow foreign companies to bring their cars into the country. Why is that? Simple! local businesses need competition. That is the only way they can meet global standards. If you don't give you local companies competition. They can't grow. It is the same issue we have with rice right now. Buhari went to close border when knowing fully well that the Nigerian rice farmers can't produce 100% of what Nigerians consume. They said "we can only produce 18%". 18% of 300 million Nigerians = 54 million Nigerians. So why would you close the border when they told you they can't produce the rice the whole country needs. Judging from the maths over 246 millions Nigerians will not have rice to eat. Hence the small rice left will be every expensive. Why? Because you have created scarcity. When you create scarcity for a product you increase the price of the product. Because supply must meet demand. That is why they say absence brings value. Hence obi is completely right about the restrictions. We need to remove it. If not you will pay 100k for bag of rice in the next 5 years. No cap!

Did you know that all the car manufacturers in America went bankrupt and Obama had to bail them out with tax payers money? Asian imports saw to that, even the great US is not immuned.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by 2elliot: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

Your father is the mumu for giving birth to a r.etard. Do you think building a manufacturing base is as simple as building your 2x4 shops? Bloody m.oron.
Lol. You be mumu. The agriculture loans that you and your ilk took and blew it on owambe, did you use it judiciously and repay it? Where are the food pyramids? You are buffoon!
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ebbo(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
americaninja1:
u are d senseless and dull person here. Even USA doesn’t restrict importation, not to talk of a country that her local production can’t cater for half of her citizen. They only gave few importation license and waiver, and block others from doing so in d name of promoting local production . Make few extremely rich at the detriment of millions of people.

Like supporter like his boss, the monopoly to import is only for those that have rice farms and rice mill which is a very good policy to improve and encourage our local productions instead of wasting our scarce forex on importation like during the years of PDP.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ImperialYoruba: 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
“If you remove import restrictions, people, like Peter Obi, whose only motives are quick money, will import champagne from France, whiskey from Scotland, and caviar from Russia. We will end up dissipating our foreign exchange on things Nigeria does not need, because traders want to make profit.

What did i tell you guys about Obi and investment in alcohol? The ex Governor flooded Anambra with alcohol, poisoned youths with things they dont need.

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Orch1981:
This why I say nigeria is going no where whenever I see how the ordinary citzen reason .
Even America import , Singapore import
Aswears........Nigerians really need to be educated.....from the comments below and above. Most people have zero idea on why things are so costly in Nigeria.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by pquaver(m): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Iliveforever:

So it’s this government that cares about Nigeria?
Or it’s tinubu and Atiku that cares about Nigeria?

See eh, at least before you type ask yourself why this country got so bad since 2015 till now. Because of the evil policies they introduced.
Now Obi says he’s taking the opposite direction of what this country did and you’re still angry. Is it that you just want to attack peter Obi for just being capable than ur candidate?

However, who gives a flying Bleep if you have a pr in Europe asif you’ll stay the rest of ur life?

Sometimes ask yourself questions before coming out to show the level of your reasoning in public

So before 2015 Nigeria was good Abi? What we had was the best policies? You are raving but you have no 1 to tell you.. You are as dumb as your statements that I can't even differenciate between you two.. Obi is only talking. he is a politician.. No one kills his own business.. Highest importer telling you he will make you and exporter.. Are you reasoning at all? Obi won't kill what he laboured year to build because of you. Get it into your thick skull.
At your 2015 remark maybe eedris, fela raskimo and all who sang about Nigeria's decadence prior to 2015 were all hallucinating.. Only you is in your right senses abi.. Ndi ara ndi ara everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Iliveforever(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
pquaver:

So before 2015 Nigeria was good Abi. What we had was best policies? You raving but you have no 1 to tell you.. You are as dumb as you statements I can't even differnciate.. Obi is only talking he is a politician.. No one kills his business.. Highest importer telling you he will make you and exporter.. Are you reasoning at all? At your 2015 maybe eedris, fela raskimo and all who sang about Nigeria prior to 2015 were all hallucinating.. Only you is in his or her right senses.. Ndi ara ndi ara everywhere..

Since you can’t even construct a proper sentence, I’ll let you run along with your lots.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
2elliot:
Lol. You be mumu. The agriculture loans that you and your ilk took and blew it on owambe, did you use it judiciously and repay it? Where are the food pyramids? You are buffoon!

At least I didn't import champagne and ketchup from China like Obituary.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
sweetkev:
Nigerians are so daft. Things are more costlier now than when there was no restrictions. There's even scarcity of dollars now compare to when there was no restrictions. What Nigerians need is human development not this economic policies that hasn't work since after independent. SHAME ON NIGERIA
Very true bro.....Nigerians are truly daft. We need to educate our people seriously and fast
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Freebills12: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
[color=#000099][/color][quote author=FlyoruB post=117357786]A Peter Obi presidency would usher in an era 'Container economics', whereby our struggling local industries would be killed off completely to make way for the dumping of foreign goods that can otherwise be produced locally and exported for foreign exchange. That's enough reason not to vote for that Pandora fraudster.[/qu

Only a mediocre will think like you! Allowing importation of other goods, how will it kill local production? Are we afraid of competition? This competition will make our local industries to wake up and upgrade to international standard. A bag of rice is 30k but if importation of rice is allowed it will be around 16k, this will favour the mass, like wise our exchange rate. Imagine if it is only local construction companies that are building our road, bridges and railway, what do you think that will happen?
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by haslaw(m): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peter Obi wants to destroy Nigeria. That is why we will disgrace him in the coming general elections
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The problem with Nigerian people is illiteracy and Nigerians are so stupid they take Nigeria is the only country in the world if you put a lot of restrictions who will invest in the country, not even our own people. Just look at Botswana resident permit 50000 US dollar what happened 1200 Nigerian have applied in one year. Namibian resident permit for Nigeria is about 20,000 dollars over 2,000 Nigerian applied in a year. When you make the economical situation in the country had Nigeria is not the only country in the world Nigerians will just take their money and start building houses in other countries. This is exactly what is happening now with all the restrictions on products coming into the country. Nigerians living in Europe America Britain Australia New Zealand a lot of them are buying houses second opportunity Kenya South Africa Namibia Botswana and no more buying houses in their own country
The illiteracy displayed by Nigerians need to reduce and eliminated before we enter a place of No return

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Mamu Thwarted Efforts To Rescue Train Victims / Obiajulu Uja Verbally Assaults Court Registrar / "Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.