Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

My Spiritual Wife - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Spiritual Wife (12563 Views)

Spiritual Benefits Of Bay Leaf, Sea Salt, Cinnamon & Others / Spiritual Orientation And Tips (spiritual O.T) / The Roadmap To Greatness--five Spiritual Excersises No One Told You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Spiritual Wife by Damibiz(m): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
Open fire for what na........Paul can't die ni....he have to leave so he can tell this story to the generation unborn

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by duruZed(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
It is well with you and your pen shall never run dry. Thanks for the lovly write up.

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by okparea(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kudos for doing a good job can’t wait to read the remaining chapters

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by RomeoMarvis(m): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
that fire better be for one of those soldiers ohh!

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by beelon1020(m): 2:49am On Nov 24, 2022
Nice story, Men and holes.. they are inseparable... big lesson learn...

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by AmaPaulOma(m): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
RomeoMarvis:
that fire better be for one of those soldiers ohh!

If the fire na for am, then we told the story?

No shaking cos nothing dey happen as BABA GOD don dey involved for the film

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by Spiritualonyx(f): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
Apologies for posting the last update late... I'm sorry guys and babies, I've resumed school and it's stressing me out already (I'm tired of school).

Just like I promised SHOUTOUTS!!!

I want to start by saying a very big thank you, to you'll that have been following, commenting, liking, viewing and sharing this stories. I Love you guys so much *hugs*

Please let me know if your name isn't below and you've been a big contributor.

Typicool8
Treasurewamiri
Stainless190
Leosmaria
Moura7
Peero1
Wande22
Royalty189
zorse
Beeteazaa
Tahir01
Sharoniah
Elpochas
Hungerbadoo
Royalty123
Hotswagg12
duruZed
AmaPaulOma
RomeoMarvis
beelon1020
Damibiz
heisorla

I'd only jumped two paces when the commandant opened fire.

MY SPIRITUAL WIFE

THE FINALE
I kept my eyes tightly shut and began to mutter words again underneath my breath.
Or so I remembered. Everything happened so fast.

I blacked out.
I woke up days later to the sight of my mother sleeping on a chair beside me. Her eyes were swollen from having been exhausted from crying. I stretched out my hand towards her. I wanted to hold her hand in mine. I wanted to look into her eyes and beg her to forgive me. I planned to ask her afterwards why she didn't go with me “that day”.

Even though I knew and understood very well that my mother had no choice but to have left without me that day, especially since my father literally fought her; pried me off her hands that faithful morning, I still needed to hear her say it.

I wanted to ask my mother why she didn't fight to get back to me, instead of leaving me in the hands of my stepmother (a woman she was chased out of the house because of) to raise me and eventually open the door to the part that'd led me here.
I'd just barely touched my mother when she woke up. She sprung out of the room that instant, in realizing that I was conscious, to get a doctor.
I tried to call my mother back. I tried to tell her that at this juncture, there was nothing the doctors could do for me, but I couldn't form the words to.
At this point, I could only think about it. Muttering the words had now become harder than riding a bike.
By the time my mother and the doctor ran back into the room, I was so weak, I barely had the energy to turn over in my bed. My breathing started to slow and the gaps between each breath were getting longer and longer.

All of a sudden, I sat up, threw the bedcovers off and insisted that I had to get out of there.

I suddenly had the strength of ten men, and it took a few of the doctors and nurses to have stopped me from getting out of bed.
My mother tried to calm me down by talking quietly to me (with tears now streaming down her beautiful cheeks). She held me to her chest and began to stroke my face, begging me not to stop fighting for her.

"Please baby, fight to stay alive for me. I don't want to lose you. Please don't do this to me, Paul. Don't do this to your father." My mother said, as tears continued to flood down her face.
It was at that moment that I developed a rattled breathing. It seemed as though I was drowning. My breathing became very shallow and there were long periods where I'd stopped breathing and then started again. Nobody needed to interpret this to anyone in the room. They all knew what time it was.
My mother clenched tightly onto me, begging me not to do this to her. She went on and on telling me how sorry she was that I got caught up in the mess that her inability to stay with my father caused (as though she knew something I didn’t).
It was at this moment, I began to go down memory lane. The feeling of regret that I'd brought this upon myself soon took over.
If only I could get a second chance. If only I could turn back the hands of time.
As my body realized that it was dying, it pulled the blood away from my extremities to “the core". This caused my toes, fingers, knees and elbows to become cold and had a purple lacy look, called “mottling".

There was a blackout afterwards.

Then it wasn't.
I woke up to bright lights. I looked around and certainly recognized where I was.

I was still in my room; in the hospital.

I had no idea what had happened. I just stood there like a buffoon, sensing something had happened and unsure of myself but certain something had suddenly changed.

I was correct, and no small thing, rather it was weighty.
That flesh, blood and water which I called ‘ME’ had dropped off and crumpled onto the ground like an old rag, soundlessly, and I suddenly felt really good, although I wasn’t sure why until I looked around, and then down.
On the bed laid this horrible corpse, and then I was swept with horror, realizing that that thing was me.

The commandant’s bullets really did numbers on me.
My body was empty and uninhabited.
What dwelled inside that cadaver was standing there, feeling quite fresh and that, to my delight and horror, was "ME", the real "ME". The "ME" in the spirit.

What is left of me anyways.

THE END.

Moshood Avidiime The Writer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Spiritual Wife by Spiritualonyx(f): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okparea
Thank you
Re: My Spiritual Wife by okparea(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thanks a lot I appreciate your work

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by Benteazaa(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
Welldone

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by dawno2008(m): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oh no, he later died embarassed so unfortunate

beautiful story, may you continue to grow and glow with wisdom

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by daddio(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2022
Mak I go shed my tears for him in my room, I don't want you guys to see me crying.

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by RomeoMarvis(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
Damn!
And here I was praying for a miracle �

1 Like

Re: My Spiritual Wife by dorin27(f): 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
What a story!!!
Re: My Spiritual Wife by imagineheaven(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
Man, you are good!! i just couldn't do any thing else until i got to see the last sentence. More inspiration smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author / Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money / CURSED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.