Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud (10172 Views)

How I Realized That Religion Is Powerful / "Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Good day brothers and sisters.

I research anything that irks my interest; especially African history/black history and I am in contact with scholars of black history home and abroad. Of course, I was led to the scholars through my research.

The whole thrust behind all my research is to find out why Africa is the way it is today. I've already concluded on that research, though. These days what interest me is to find out how our problem began as a race, not just that of Africa.

In 2017, I contacted one such black scholar in the USA, professor, brother Kaba Hiawatha Kamene. I ordered his lectures on DVDs, CDs and it was delivered to me by FedEx courier.

While I was watching the lectures, he casually said something like "I've looked for this person called Jesus in history but couldn't find him"

When he said he couldn't find Jesus in history I didn't feel good because I was a Christian. However, remember professor Kaba Hiawatha Kamene is a core historian majoring in history of Europe and he went to seminary/catholic school as a youth. So, if there's anybody who should know whether Jesus was a real person or not, it should be him. That's by the way.

Also remember that all the while I was a Christian I never for once doubted the existence of Jesus. Neither did I research history in search of Jesus because I never questioned his existence.

However, right there and then as I sat watching the lectures, I decided I was going to do a comprehensive research on the existence of Jesus and get back to him (the professor) with the facts of Jesus existence. But what happened instead was that I discovered that the professor was right!! And that's how I quit Christianity.

I hope this will help a black man or woman out there to go research Jesus Christ outside of what you've been told in the bible. By so doing you'll discover the truth and the truth shall set you free, indeed.

Below is the message I sent to the professor recently after I concluded my research.

7 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2022

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
"Others may free the body but none but ourselves can free the mind".......Bob Marley, while quoting a speech by Marcus Garvey during a black gathering in London.

4 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Jesus of Nazareth is the only begotten Son of God!

It's not about what books say anymore but what you can see for yourself! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by blazepascal(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by budaatum: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

I hope this will help a black man or woman out there to go research Jesus Christ outside of what you've been told in the bible.

I am so delighted you did what the unhistorical Jesus is written to have asked you to do which is "ask and knock and seek" and which is research.

You just might be prepared to fully open your eyes and see what you read instead of believing what you are told.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Dtruthspeaker: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
We know that mad people also post here.
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Dtruthspeaker: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:
I research anything that irks my interest; especially ..

If I wanted to find support that being mad and eating cockroaches is the best way to live, lo, research will be found to support this madness.

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
budaatum:

I am so delighted you did what the unhistorical Jesus is written to have asked you to do which is "ask and knock and seek" and which is research.

You just might be prepared to fully open your eyes and see what you read instead of believing what you are told.

Any place you see in the bible that "Jesus said" that was said by previous sages thousands of years before anybody heard of Jesus. Those are the true sources but once the bible written, Rome destroyed the older sources.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If I wanted to find support that being mad and eating cockroaches is the best way to live, lo, research will be found to support this madness.

Indeed, that's how Jesus was forced down your throat.

7 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by musicwriter(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus of Nazareth is the only begotten Son of God!

It's not about what books say anymore but what you can see for yourself! smiley

You don't speak the English language because it's the best language in the world.

Once you realize that, you'll understand that you don't believe in Jesus because it's real, rather because our ancestors were enslaved with Jesus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

I research anything that irks my interest; especially African history/black history and I am in contact with scholars of black history home and abroad. Of course, I was led to the scholars through my research.

The whole thrust behind all my research is to find out why Africa is the way it is today. I've already concluded on that research, though. These days what interest me is to find out how our problem began as a race, not just that of Africa.

In 2017, I contacted one such black scholar in the USA, professor, brother Kaba Hiawatha Kamene. I ordered his lectures on DVDs, CDs and it was delivered to me by FedEx courier.

While I was watching the lectures, he casually said something like "I've looked for this person called Jesus in history but couldn't find him"

When he said he couldn't find Jesus in history I didn't feel good because I was a Christian. However, remember professor Kaba Hiawatha Kamene is a core historian majority in history of Europe and he went to seminary/catholic school as a youth. So, if there's anybody who should know whether Jesus was a real person or not, it should be him. That's by the way.

Also remember that all the while I was a Christian I never for once doubted the existence of Jesus. Neither did I research history in search of Jesus because I never questioned his existence.

However, right there and then as I sat watching the lectures, I decided I was going to do a comprehensive research on the existence of Jesus and get back to him (the professor) with the facts of Jesus existence. But what happened instead was that I discovered that the professor was right!! And that's how I quit Christianity.

I hope this will help a black man or woman out there to go research Jesus Christ outside of what you've been told in the bible. By so doing you'll discover the truth and the truth shall set you free, indeed.

Below is the message I sent to the professor recently after I concluded my research.

Few things to consider

1. Did you base your research using the original name of the character? It’s Yeshua or Yahushua, not “Jesus”

2. The Jews do not believe in the teachings of Yeshua Ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph) or view him as "melekh mashiach" (the messiah), but by their historical records they attest to his existence. Have you expanded your research to consult a number of Rabbis in Israel or Rabbinical literatures about this?

Well unless you know the history of the Jews better than the Jews themselves. It’s like Europeans claiming they know the history of the Yoruba people better than themselves (the Yorubas)

Just my two cents…if you truly seek the truth.

10 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Dtruthspeaker: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

Indeed, that's how Jesus was forced down your throat.

Many of us are not as unfortunate as you for you are the one going berserk and forcing your madness here.

Many of us, had the opportunity of properly evaluating the information we receive and checking them out with living conditions.

But even your presentation shows great bias, unreasonability and hatred and plenty of pokeable spaces.

Yet, you are here trying to force it on us when we all know that Truth establishes itself.

So it's you who is doing exactly what liars do and must do, which is to insist on people accepting your proposition, simply because you say so.

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
An evolution of the name “Jesus” from its original language;

1. Yeshua/Yahushua (same as “Joshua” and “Hosea”) - This is the original (Hebrew) name he was called in birthplace of Israel.

2. The name evolved to Iesous (Greek language) The New Testament was written in Koine Greek (I think)… Greek was a popular language in the Roman Empire.

3. The name further evolved to Iesus in Latin, another popular language in the Roman Empire.

4. Was also spelt Iesus in Medieval English language. You can check the 1611 KJV Bible version to confirm.

5. Now called “Jesus” in modern English, as alphabet “J” was introduced to the English language.

Now let’s play a little game…the word “Jesus” has no meaning in the Hebrew language, it’s a foreign name to native Israel. Yeshua or Yahushua is more familiar to the Israelites…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Someone mentioned me, but it appears the post was banned or something.

On the blocked post below. Same thing.

It may be helpful to reduce the number of hyperlinks in your message before you post.
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

Any place you see in the bible that "Jesus said" that was said by previous sages thousands of years before anybody heard of Jesus. Those are the true sources but once the bible written, Rome destroyed the older sources.

No one has monopoly over the truth except God (Father, Son & Spirit). Truth existed before Jesus’ earthly existence and ministry. So, I don’t really see the issue here. Unless the argument you’re really pushing for is plagiarism…

Bear in mind, truth in its purest form is unwritten. Then it becomes written. You may need to reconsider if your “true sources” did not also refer to earlier unwritten sources (oral traditions, history, proverbs etc ) passed down from one ancient generation to another?

Note: Before any religious zealot shouts blasphemy, read the bolded part and where I highlighted red.

I also use Jesus rather than Yeshua or Yahushua for the sake of those who are more familiar with the “Jesus” name.

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by budaatum: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

Rome never had the older sources, and that which they do have is in the Vatican where qualified individuals can peruse it. Thankfully, some wrote the fictional masses version. Or would you like to claim your Bible learning has been a complete waste of your youth, or that you would have learnt from the older sources?

And note, Bible learning, as opposed to what you likely did which was Bible believing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
budaatum:

Rome never had the older sources, and that which they do have is in the Vatican where qualified individuals can peruse it. Thankfully, some wrote the fictional masses version. Or would you like to claim your Bible learning has been a complete waste of your youth, or that you would have learnt from the older sources?

And note, Bible learning, as opposed to what you likely did which was Bible believing.

The bolded part of your quote is so true. Religious zealots do more of Bible believing than Bible learning. That’s the reason for a lot of twisted doctrines flying about.

It’s a pity.

“Berean Christians” are an endangered specie…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by budaatum: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
OkCornel:

The bolded part of your quote is so true. Religious zealots do more of Bible believing than Bible learning. That’s the reason for a lot of twisted doctrines flying about.

It’s a pity.

“Berean Christians” are an endangered specie…

An evolved species, is what I'd say, since we are discovering quite a lot that seems less true than was initially believed to be true.

Hopefully, the op will realise that a supposed fictitious Jesus, as he claims, can not have possibly been a fraud, then ask why billions have supposedly been defrauded in his name.

Op, how and why were you once defrauded by fictitious Jesus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

You don't speak the English language because it's the best language in the world.
Once you realize that, you'll understand that you don't believe in Jesus because it's real, rather because our ancestors were enslaved with Jesus.

So why don't you condemn writing, reading and speaking English since it all came along with slavery? smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
musicwriter:

When he said he couldn't find Jesus in history I didn't feel good because I was a Christian. However, remember professor Kaba Hiawatha Kamene is a core historian majority in history of Europe and he went to seminary/catholic school as a youth. So, if there's anybody who should know whether Jesus was a real person or not, it should be him. That's by the way.

I won't use the word fraud but it is obvious that the biblical Jesus is a legend. There were many itinerant apocalyptic preachers during the period in question so it is not far fetched that one of them was called Yashua Bar Joseph aka Jesus the Christ. The history books won't have recorded them all because they were basically all saying the same thing with variations and the Jesus of the Bible in all likelihood was just there, till his followers took it further than any of the others.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
budaatum:

An evolved species, is what I'd say, since we are discovering quite a lot that seems less true than was initially believed to be true.

Hopefully, the op will realise that a supposed fictitious Jesus, as he claims, can not have possibly been a fraud, then ask why billions have supposedly been defrauded in his name.

Op, how and why were you once defrauded by fictitious Jesus?

It’s also interesting how more ancient personalities’ existence are not in dispute like Abraham, Bhudda, Confucius etc, but that of Jesus is hotly debated…lol

Truth has a lot of enemies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
LordReed:

I won't use the word fraud but it is obvious that the biblical Jesus is a legend. There were many itinerant apocalyptic preachers during the period in question so it is not far fetched that one of them was called Yashua Bar Joseph aka Jesus the Christ. The history books won't have recorded them all because they were basically all saying the same thing with variations and the Jesus of the Bible in all likelihood was just there, till his followers took it further than any of the others.
Spot on, you get the context!

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
OkCornel:

It’s also interesting how more ancient personalities’ existence are not in dispute like Abraham, Bhudda, Confucius etc, but that of Jesus is hotly debated…lol

Truth has a lot of enemies.

Abraham is not considered a historical figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
LordReed:

Abraham is not considered a historical figure.

How do you mean sir?

The Abrahamic religions (which have over a billion adherents worldwide - I think) consider him as one though…

Perhaps I don’t understand you. Could you clarify further?
Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
OkCornel:

How do you mean sir?

The Abrahamic religions (which have over a billion adherents worldwide - I think) consider him as one though…

Perhaps I don’t understand you. Could you clarify further?

Consider him as one is not the same as him being actually being a historical figure. There is no evidence of such a person. Especially when you consider the the Hebrew, it is now being discovered, were not initially monotheistic. Nor were the Arabs. That tradition developed in the later parts of the history of the Hebrew religion. Also to be considered a historical figure there needs to evidence of the person from the time period being considered, Abraham has none. He's memorialised in the writings of people writing hundreds of years after the fact which it self is just a recounting of oral tradition.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So why don't you condemn writing, reading and speaking English since it all came all with slavery? smiley

Good question! Lol

1 Like

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by OkCornel(m): 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
LordReed:

Consider him as one is not the same as him being actually being a historical figure. There is no evidence of such a person. Especially when you consider the the Hebrew, it is now being discovered, were not initially monotheistic. Nor were the Arabs. That tradition developed in the later parts of the history of the Hebrew religion. Also to be considered a historical figure there needs to evidence of the person from the time period being considered, Abraham has none. He's memorialised in the writings of people writing hundreds of years after the fact which it self is just a recounting of oral tradition.

I understand your point of view now.

However, the bias here though would be…the further we go back in time, the more difficult it would be to prove the existence of ancient personalities. Bearing in mind the loss of documented evidences to the “sands” of time. There’s only so much Archeology can uncover.

Another thing to consider, is if Abraham lived in an era where information was much more reliant on oral tradition rather than writings…that'll make it more challenging to prove his existence, and by extension everyone who lived in that era.

Anyways…sticking only to written records as criteria for validation of historical figures is a limitation of scope and perhaps an inherent bias in the evaluation model. But oh well…pros and cons…

2 Likes

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Image123(m): 4:22am On Jun 13, 2022
LordReed:

A wiser man once said similar and added

Acts 5:36 For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. 5:37 After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. 5:38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Realized Jesus Is A Fraud by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 13, 2022
So, the Roman Empire cobbled the story of Jesus together, sold it to their colonies to subdue them, and started persecuting the members of the colonies that readily bought into the Roman lie, right? Does that make sense to you, Mr. Researcher? Or you'll come and say "Roman persecution of Christians can only be found in the Bible"?

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

A Praying Rock Discovered In The Ocean / Our Orphic World / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.