Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English (43469 Views)

I Will Buy You & Marry You, Show Me Your Husband - Portable Replies Laide Bakare / Harry Song Exposes A Show Promoter Who's A "Fraud, Snitch & Drug Planter" / Davido’s Savage Reply To A Follower With Poor English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by GoodIsGod: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:
Poor dude, he needs to work on himself and stop being mischievous.

I don't like the flibbertigibbet

First time of seeing a word like this. @ the bolded.
grin

As for the guy, I jump pass news of him on social media.
Illiteracy is his major problem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by snowball11(m): 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
The US embassy cannot give visa to this partially unstable being! undecided

This guy should be applying for visa to counties like Somalia, Afghanistan, Burundi and Niger republic! grin
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by rolams(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
See English!
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by maisel: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
You paint your hair finish you still carry am enter US embassy talk to consular in his office anyhow ;Dwisdom is not easy to some sha.. management comport ur client abeg. he was even expectng things to work out his way ....mumu man
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
cry

HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
So we cant speak our local languag at a airport that is build on our land? Can they try such nonsens with chanise man? One of the reason i hate travel out of nija is the way they treat african like animal. e no go better for oyinbo and their papa.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Bobbiee: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
It's common knowledge. He's an illiterate. He needs to be thrown in a garage, the tout. Hooligans!!!
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Danniedpastor(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
adioolayi:
There are many people who can't speak English fluently and have been given US Visas..

Wetin the promoter dey talk na

Yes and they didnt insult anyone at the embassy
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by DeepNuggets: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
He looks sad tho...troubled soul
ECASH120:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqKa6XdP1TI

Portable is having serious problems with some promoters who organised show in the United States for Portable to perform.

According to the promoters, Portable was not able to come to the show because he was denied visa 5 times for insulting the American consular and inability to speak English. The promoter said Portable was speaking Yoruba at the embassy which resulted in the visa denial.

However, Portable has replied to those who said he can't speak English in the video above.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Sleekfingers: 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
Set in concern US visa with English? Maybe he was acting like a nut at the embassy. With his travel history will give a visa. Maybe the promoter didn't do his job...
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by dazzlingd(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
If u never enter US, you never enter anywhere grin
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by dazzlingd(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2022
Walahi this guy na clown grin video funny die
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by lagosrd: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
People are just misunderstanding the guy. Those promoters won't be able to cope with him cos he is from the gettos and his understanding about the way the industry is very crude and he thinks he is well prepared for the ripping promoters ad he calls them.

No doubt he may have attitudinal issues but he is on top of his game at his level.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by SaturnNick(m): 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
The first time I heard this guy's name, I was curious to see him. Never knew I could be this badly disappointed... Twehhh tongue tongue tongue
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Menclothing: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
How did he get visa to UK
Dubai
Germany

He travel too.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by onatisi(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
bukky1994:
Portable and his life...
That guy is gone . By next year I doubt if any promoter will even be calling for shows again. Seems nkw he is playing at pubs and drinking parlors abroad. He finished his career before it even took off.
He churned out controversial and issues more than music. And this made ppl to look away from his music and even he himself, he concentrated more on fighting and talking on social media than singing.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Olaolex: 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
izombie:
I don't even know what to write
You've written something sir
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by oneMalik: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Focus on whatever makes you happy " ZAZU "

Dont give a damn about what people say about you , just keep ur head up !..... thats the message .
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Revolva(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
E go hard before he go enter America or canada

Dem de strict o , his attitude americans dont want it
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by ufuosman(m): 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by naturefellow(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:
Poor dude, he needs to work on himself and stop being mischievous.

I don't like the flibbertigibbet
You have every right not to. I don't to.

What exactly is he seeking in the US... asylum, or trying to export his junk music to saner climes? Please!

1 Like

Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by naturefellow(m): 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Portable is a fame mis road naa
LMAO
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by RingRoadMafia: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
LawMan44:
cry

HELP!!!

Mods, I think you should look into this dubious character who keeps posting suicidal ideations in order to trick people into sending him money. He almost scammed one girl of 40k in the thread he opened to post depressing pictures. Such questionable individuals should not be allowed to roam free. He was doing the same thing on his former account www.nairaland.com/redstubpen until he was banned, he then switched to this one. Kindly take note before innocent folks are scammed.

Cc; seun, Dominique, Mynd44 Nlfpmod mukina2 dragnet
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Banbanna(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
Granted for most aged women/moms out there, same treatment wouldn't apply to someone like that guy in his twenties who they'd expect a bit more from. He probably made his visa chances worse with his bad mannerism and demeanour, not even mentioning his thuggish appearance. If na me dey in charge, he's gonna be denied at first sight.
Kilometres:

So America grant visa based on literacy level? Jobless PhD holders suppose don jakpa na grin

My mom can't speak English to save her life but she dey go America like she's going to ikeja
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Ashirioluwa: 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
I don't care about him or his music, but it's a complete lie to claim that his visa application was turned down because he couldn't speak English.

His English speaking doesn't have anything to do with visa approval or denial. He has his own business and he is only going there to showcase his talent, not to live, school or work. They have interpreters at the US embassy who are working there to help those who can't speak English.

They might have denied his visa, maybe because he didn't compose himself well during the visa interview session, was unable to answer necessary questions, or it might even be the promoter's fault.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Sammyfabulous: 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
As much as this guy behaves like a tout you will know he's got a lot of sense. Why will the promoters pack 9 unknown people to follow him to USA? The promoters are fond of doing this, they collect millions from people and attach them to artists that are going to usa for shows. Portable has been smart about this. If anything happens won't portable be the one to be blamed? And again if this guy is so bad that people claim he is then why are promoters rushing him? This guy still commands 3m per show as we speak! Besides how has he gone to Germany, dubai Cyprus Turkey and other countries easily? Lol!
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Ashirioluwa: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
Banbanna:
Granted for most aged women/moms out there, same treatment wouldn't apply to someone like that guy in his twenties who they'd expect a bit more from. He probably made his visa chances worse with his bad mannerism and demeanour, not even mentioning his thuggish appearance. If na me dey in charge, he's gonna be denied at first sight.

His lack of composure, thuggish manner or inability to answer necessary questions during the interview might have contributed to it, but not his ability or inability to speak English. The US embassy has interpreters for those who are unable to speak English.

1 Like

Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Karemarealty288(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Common sense is costly...
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Oju4190: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
Insulting US consul......he went too far.....He will never step his foot on Us soil in his lifetime ....ask Bovi.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by planetx: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Is America heaven? So what is the big deal about their visa.
Re: Portable Replies Promoter Who Said He Was Denied US Visa Because of Poor English by Neoteny7: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
Barims:

LoL grin grin

That was a mistake

Obviously

But fun, nonetheless grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naeto C's White Wedding Photos / Chioma, The Chef Chi Dancing To A Song In Mayorkun’s Album (Photos) / Excited Chef Frames Texts Of Order Davido Placed In Her Restaurant (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.