Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge (10126 Views)

Bandits Kidnap Many Travellers On Abuja-Kaduna Expressway / Gunmen Shoot At Muhammad Abubakar Brother, Other Travellers On Kaduna-Zaria Road / El-Rufai's Convoy Foils Kidnapping Along Kaduna-Abuja Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by treesun: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Travellers plying the 100-kilometre Gusau-Funtua road linking Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi to Katsina and  many other states, have been put on edge by the resurgence of abductions by armed bandits along the road, Daily Trust on Sunday has learnt.

Travellers told our correspondent that from last Sunday till date, armed bandits had blocked the road and carried out a series of abduction.

The highway is linking the Sokoto-Kebbi-Zamfara axis with the larger part of the northern states as it remains the only route for those who want to travel to or out of the mentioned states.

Many travellers were kidnapped while others escaped with gunshot injuries in the last five days. The armed men are blocking the road in a broad daylight, a clear departure from their tradition of waylaying travellers at dawn or dusk. 

Last Friday, many motorists were stranded in the morning after the armed criminals blocked a stretch from a community called Magazu to Yankara in the neighbouring Katsina State.

Earlier, the armed men blocked and seized travellers at a point few kilometres away from Yankara community in Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina State.

“Residents from Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara who want to travel  to Katsina,  Kano,  Kaduna and many other states in the North, and even South, will have no alternative other than to forego their journeys. This because the other route, which is Gusau-Kaura Namoda-Zurmi-Jibia, has remained shut for a very long time due to the activities of armed criminals. In fact, the road is terribly unsafe to ply,” a resident Aliyu Sani said.

Another traveller said, “On Thursday, I was driving to Kaduna along the road when suddenly I saw motorists making u-turns in attempts to escape possible abduction by the bandits. They opened fire on vehicles that refused to stop.

“We are urging the authorities to look into the possibility of mounting strong checkpoints along the road, especially at the points they traditionally take positions to kidnap people.” 

The spokesman of the state police command, SP Muhammad Shehu, did not answer calls from our correspondent up to the time of filing this report.

https://dailytrust.com/resurgence-of-kidnapping-along-gusau-funtua-highway-puts-travellers-on-edge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by BeardedMeat(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2022
Did it ever stop?

2 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by robinso01(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2022
Probably they went mid term break before and now resume back now. Banditry, kidnapping, corruption, suffering and terrorism should be this government in motto

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by XerXers: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2022
I blame IPOB for this

7 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by AliyuMahdi9: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Some useless Urchins are still Supporting APC and PDP

May the Misfortune of these Innocent travellers be your Yours and that of your family

17 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Tetrahedron: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Unfortunately Nigeria will not survive to the future coming event or will be totally unrecognizable by then because only 3 countries in Africa will be recognizable in the coming world events:
EGYPT
ETHIOPIA
LIBYA

1 Like

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by GardenOfGod(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Bontafa: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Them go blame peter obi .

10 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by ATEAMS: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2022
End of Year hustlings
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2022
post=116195053:
Deaths to all terrorists, from Boko haram to ipob terrorist organization, to bandits, kidnappers, UGM, evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen.

Deaths to all their supporter.

Deaths to all their sponsors and enablers.

Brutal deaths to them all before the end of this year.

QUOTE this post if you are terrorist supporter,
Let Nairalanders know you today today..... wink

Kudos to Nigerian Army.
The film just dey start.

We Rise.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Triangles1(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2022
Good for the north.

That girl killed in sokoto and non of them protest or kick against it, they will pay with their sweat and life until they kick against religions killing.

13 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by andyblinks05: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2022
It's really scary hearing stories of abduction and kidnapping in that axis and I still have to follow that route, it wasn't a pleasant experience at all. Here is the thread I made about it

https://www.nairaland.com/7372926/followed-one-dangerous-road-north

1 Like

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by odinaccess: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2022
Hummm
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by cosmatika(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Tinubu would have continued from where Buhari stopped. Insecurity will overun the whole country except SE & SS.

But thank God for Peter Obi who is going to be the next president of Nigeria after Buhari.
There'll be security, employment, surplus, economic progression and national cohesion

5 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by vastolord4(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Nigeria na just bag of beans. Just chop and clean mouth.. happy Sunday
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Khastro(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
This area used to be very safe, Are you kidding me
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Obi will deal with them decisively.

1 Like

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Risingblue008(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Few
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by TUTU147: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
This is terrible, the government are not doing enough.

2 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by FuckDModz: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
grin

Have you blamed Peter Obi for this development?

IPOB perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by 1gbdata: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
So bad
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by BOOOMNAIJA: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
All this will be a thing of the past under Peter Obi.

Ewa and agbado on the menu...amoda yekini open eye waaaa....

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by bmdondmix: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2022
Bleep d govt
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Traplord09: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2022
XerXers:
I blame IPOB for this

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by ObosiUkwalla: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:

Using ur logic,
All the animals that have voted for PDP in the recent past knowing they are part of the fools and criminals that have turned this nation upside down, and still went ahead to vote for them, misfortune will be theirs and they of their family members, they will never escape it in their miserable lives. Say amen to this now

Zombie like you that doesn't know that APC national chairman is a core PDP member who even served as a governor under PDP. Your brain is truly filled with sand

5 Likes

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Gbadespet(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Government never pay dem allawee so no blame them
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Why is this still happening?! I won't lie, I don't think Nigeria can ever get it right because all the citizens think of is house to get money, show off & live an ostentatious live style.

I don't know where we got this show off lifestyle from but I can boldly say that it's really doing a ton on us!

I'm personally trying my best to not have such ostentatious mentality & I believe every patriotic Nigerian should too.

Because everything all boils down to show lifestyle rather than survival & contentment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by faste: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2022
robinso01:
Probably they went mid term break before and now resume back now. Banditry, kidnapping, corruption, suffering and terrorism should be this government in motto
Their supply don run dry.
Re: Resurgence Of Kidnapping Along Gusau-Funtua Highway Puts Travellers On Edge by AliyuMahdi9: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2022
Yes to All You and your family that has done that.

A Hundred folds of misfortune will come upon you and your family that have done that.

I and My Family have never voted for PDP or APC.

As you Support PDP and APC, you and the life of your family and Extended will be of the Same Calamity that have befallen this Nation

ILoveDemMANNA:

Using ur logic,
All the animals that have voted for PDP in the recent past knowing they are part of the fools and criminals that have turned this nation upside down, and still went ahead to vote for them, misfortune will be theirs and they of their family members, they will never escape it in their miserable lives. Say amen to this now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo: Philip Shaibu Sues Ighodalo, Asks Court To Nullify PDP Primary / FG, India In Diplomatic Row Over Nigerian’s Death / Gabriel Suswam's Sickness Stalls Corruption Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.