Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church (23029 Views)

Pastor Pulls Pants, Shave Parts Of Members To Deliver Them Spiritually / Punishment Of Junior Pastors In Front Of Members, Right Or Wrong? / 5 Types Of Church Members you come across every sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by TYOKSON: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2022
Number 3, am viewing this thread now in the church cool

4 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2022
obembet:
Vote Atiku as next president.

Southerner are seriously fighting themselves. The best way to settle the matter is to vote neutral person.

U will not see thread on nairaland where u will not see igbos/ Obidient insult Tinubu and YORUBA, same as Tinubu supporters.

So let make sure power go back to North if we want better Nigeria
You must be sick in the skull to have brought politics into a Christian thread..

Will the average northern Muslim accept such in Islamic thread..?

5 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by 2Radii: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2022
I am practically No2 and my people are calling me kenferi(gentile)

The more they are persuading me to come the more a dey lose interest cus if the way the persuasion dey take come(dem dey make me dey look like outcast in the kingdom of God )

Now I am free with anybody in the church and I am not under any pressure whatsoever, either pressure of money or service..
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by gift2xl: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2022
WAHALA.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by fatboyslym007: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2022
I became number 2 after number 1 people Dem show me serious pepper...

Even now, I don't like institutionalized churches...

I prefer gathering of brethren rather than institutionalized churches..

I prefer all round discussions with Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day, Deeper Life, any denomination, Muslims, other religions. It is fun when you see others perspective and go back to your closet to meditate...

3 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2022
I'm a mix of all aside number 5. I hardly sleep in church, no matter how boring the preaching gets. I hardly use my phone too, though unconsciously do, sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by gift2xl: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2022
obembet:
U wil find people that will carry politics for head and be doing analysis about Tinubu and obi

I don forgive you, because today teaching na forgiveness.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Chasssy: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2022
You forgot to add those Ladies that don't wear pants and like to sit at front roll so that pastor go see their fresh kpekus grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by gift2xl: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2022
obembet:
U wil find people that will carry politics for head and be doing analysis about Tinubu and obi

Today's teaching is about forgiveness. Thank your star.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Wilddove(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2022
(1)The all knowing; this people will always find fault or error in pastor's sermon.(2)The scoffers; this people makes jest of both the pastor and members.(3) The dancers; Their sole purpose in church is just to dance.(4)The hypers; they make service lively with their comments such as: 'Yes Sir' 'ride on' 'go deeper' etc

3 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Myer(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:
This thread does not intend to portray the church in a bad light, however, to point out obvious characters that made up its congregation.

1) The overzealous members

These members appear dedicated to their faith that sometimes you begin to wonder if they're flesh and blood.

If you are looking for a true definition of I'm holier than thou, look no further, they represent everything in-between.

This group of Christians sees anyone who does not operate on the same frequency as them as inferior or better still sinners disguised as Christians.

The worst thing about most of them is, a little encounter with them portrays them to be the exact opposite of what you think they are, transact business with them you'll appreciate better how greed and covetousness are their lots

These members believed they own the church, and they most times control the church leadership.

2) The ordinary members

These members are my favorite type, their own is to attend church services and go home straight, and they don't have time for church politics whatsoever.

The more you try to involve and lure them closer the farther they stay away, they go to church because they're convinced to do so not because of persuasion from anyone.

You'll feel comfortable associating with them more than any other type of member, to them humanity is first before religion.

3) The phone pressers

If you've not noticed these types of members in recent times, you probably are not a regular in the church.

The moment they get sited, they make their phones a companion that no message or order of service matters.

Peep through, you'll be amazed they're on social media, chatting on WhatsApp, etc.

They'll use the entrance and exit more than the ushers, why are they walking up and down? They're talking calls.

4) The fashion members

These group of members hardly come to church, they visit on rare occasions especially when they have new or modern cloth to show off.

They'll be the last to walk into the church when every member is sited and can take cognizance of their attire.

They are filled with innate pride and can give you that gory look if you overstep your boundary into their space by error.

Nothing matters to them more than their clothes and respect.

5) The sleeping members

Everybody may have been a victim of sudden sleep in the church, however, some members are sole custodians of sleeping in the church as always that you'll think they have sleeping sicknesses.

They'll bathe in their house, and put on their best attire just to fall asleep the moment their butts hit the church sit.

Ushers don't tap them anymore, as they easily pick offense for no reason, it's well.

6) The chaikers/receivers

I purposely saved this group of members for the last spot.

Either you refute it or accept it, they are in your church.

The only reason they come to church is to toss babes and most babes are there to give and receive signals too.

Messages about holiness and against fornication are not for them, they are always busy looking for their like and they'll surely get it.

Haven't you heard instances where people were caught having sex in the church toilet or nearby hideouts during night vigils, most parents don't even know what their children are up to. Now you know.

There you have a few on the list, feel free to add yours.

Nice one. But this would have been perfecr with pics or gifs tho.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Dreadshy: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2022
2 and 3 depending on the mood.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by ghettowriter(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2022
lalasticlala:
Number 2. That's me. No time for church politics and gossips. Worship and go home.

Uncle, you don come back? We miss you fa
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Ehinjuola: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2022
obembet:
People that look for pastor mistake and use it to gain traffic on social media

Na dat one u belong abi? grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Benwallt(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2022
I am the real definition of number 2.if you like, bring hell down if I am not inclined I go no where

2 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Ehinjuola: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2022
psychologist:
A certain guy that came to church because of a girl

Dat one na u, no use english cover up

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Pat081: 10:43am On Oct 09, 2022
Those that will wait for Pastor to tell them what is going to happen to them in the week don't mind if the Pastor finished late in Church and those who always give what they should give to the family to Pastor
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Divay22(f): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2022
So you all didn't go to church today.. Abi una join the phone users for church undecided
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Paracetamol01: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2022
The type that goes to church to look for banny

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:
This thread does not intend to portray the church in a bad light, however, to point out obvious characters that made up its congregation.

These members appear dedicated to their faith that sometimes you begin to wonder if they're flesh and blood.

If you are looking for a true definition of I'm holier than thou, look no further, they represent everything in-between.

This group of Christians sees anyone who does not operate on the same frequency as them as inferior or better still sinners disguised as Christians.

The worst thing about most of them is, a little encounter with them portrays them to be the exact opposite of what you think they are, transact business with them you'll appreciate better how greed and covetousness are their lots

These members believed they own the church, and they most times control the church leadership.

2) The ordinary members

These members are my favorite type, their own is to attend church services and go home straight, and they don't have time for church politics whatsoever.

The more you try to involve and lure them closer the farther they stay away, they go to church because they're convinced to do so not because of persuasion from anyone.

You'll feel comfortable associating with them more than any other type of member, to them humanity is first before religion.

3) The phone pressers

If you've not noticed these types of members in recent times, you probably are not a regular in the church.

The moment they get sited, they make their phones a companion that no message or order of service matters.

Peep through, you'll be amazed they're on social media, chatting on WhatsApp, etc.

They'll use the entrance and exit more than the ushers, why are they walking up and down? They're talking calls.

4) The fashion members

These group of members hardly come to church, they visit on rare occasions especially when they have new or modern cloth to show off.

They'll be the last to walk into the church when every member is sited and can take cognizance of their attire.

They are filled with innate pride and can give you that gory look if you overstep your boundary into their space by error.

5) The sleeping members

Everybody may have been a victim of sudden sleep in the church, however, some members are sole custodians of sleeping in the church as always that you'll think they have sleeping sicknesses.

They'll bathe in their house, and put on their best attire just to fall asleep the moment their butts hit the church sit.

Ushers don't tap them anymore, as they easily pick offense for no reason, it's well.

The only reason they come to church is to toss babes and most babes are there to give and receive signals too.

Messages about holiness and against fornication are not for them, they are always busy looking for their like and they'll surely get it.

Haven't you heard instances where people were caught having sex in the church toilet or nearby hideouts during night vigils, most parents don't even know what their children are up to. Now you know.

The Church Fashion Members Association of Nigeria. I pledge fealty.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by akwesenana: 10:50am On Oct 09, 2022
Off topic though.

I used to think Mods are kinda super human/robotic.

To see an exmod? comment on an everyday topic is awe inspiring. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by danot1030: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:

2) The ordinary members

3) The phone pressers

4) The fashion members

5) The sleeping members

The last group are in every churches including the holier than thou churches.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by backnbeta(f): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2022

But they still have a way of putting you in some committees even when you say no! It's all good sha undecided
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by DannyJ19(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by psychologist(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Ehinjuola:

Dat one na u, no use english cover up
O gbonju

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by phemmyfour: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2022
Donraqh:

2) The ordinary members

3) The phone pressers

4) The fashion members

5) The sleeping members

The marketers
They are in the church to sell anything and everything. Almost turning the church to a marketplace. No wonder Jesus was angry at such people

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Fiscus105(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Quinex2:
I'm a mix of all aside number 5. I hardly sleep in church, no matter how boring the preaching gets. I hardly use my phone too, though unconsciously do, sometimes.

Number six, u also engaged in it, little wonder u hardly sleep.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by BABANGBALI: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2022
Sweetplum belongs to nos 3 and 6
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Hmsniki(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2022
englishmart:
I went to church because of pressure from my parents and friends and siblings. Since I moved from home, I've not been to church. And I don't care.
Happy to hear from you, Lalasticlala. Hope you're good
That means she belong to the presured member in the church, we aknowlged.
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by LordErrk: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2022
Channah1:
You're busy condeming and criticizing other types of christians. Which one are you?

Do you and let others do them.

Calm down na, it's just cruise grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 09, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Sweetplum belongs to nos 3 and 6
It be like say you never chop today
Re: 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church by LalastiklaIa(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2022
lalasticlala:

Lol. Exactly!
I have been doing your work for you for over a month. How much you go pay me undecided

Welcome back boss. How's the family?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Pastor Adeboye Blesses Handkerchiefs At RCCG 2017 Congress / DOWNLOAD SERMON : THE POWER OF PRIORITY - BY DR. D. K. OLUKOYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.