Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (53518 Views)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by sonnie10: 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Mofatg:
Plz where in Ijeshatedo
Ijesha is accommunity off Oshodi Apapa expressway. It is in itire LGA, formally part of surulere LGA. About 20 minutes from the Airport on the east and 15 minutes to Apapa seaport on the west. On the south it is 10 minutes to national stadium and on the north 15 minutes to popular Festac town.

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Reinaldo:

Urchins need the brain more
just stfu
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
Lagos State knowing that it is withing the level of the sea should not depend on surface drainage system alone, there are other methods of drianage that can take charge of this kind of flood ......haba...

The only flood that I know can be disastrous is the one of the sea topping it's bank.....and flowing into the city but for ordinary floods like this, is a sign of zero drainage designs ...

TINUBU should call his boy, Sanwo to order and map out how to end this issue as we enter dry season....
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by ElSudani: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
It will cost money but we will get there, like Tokyo and some other cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2l6nFIsZA
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Iykenuwa(m): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
I'm just wondering if the druglord BAT forgot to develop this part of Lagos
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by jaxxy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sweetplum:
Every state in Nigeria is prone to flood. Lagos, Kogi, Benue, Rivers, Delta ll see big floods before the end of the year.

Surulere is now a slum. Thanks to Apc lagos and their distortion abd corruption ladened development.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by davinchi(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Why are we quick to blame the government for everything? Some people are not meant to live amongst people. When a grown up adults literally throw thrash into the gutters and sees nothing wrong with it but blames the government when it rains and water cannot flow freely because the whole drainage are blocked due to our idiosyncratic attitudes. Now na morning

WoroSeeWoro:
Such a disgrace to d LCDA

What do thee LG chairmen do with All d 100million allocated to them yearly

Owambe party and use d rest do substandard roads and drainage
Shame to Nigeria
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by bonnyhope: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Gbajajiamila constituency
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Krak(m): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
sonnie10:

Ijesha is accommunity off Oshodi Apapa expressway. It is in itire LGA, formally part of surulere LGA. About 20 minutes from the Airport on the east and 15 minutes to Apapa seaport on the west. On the south it is 10 minutes to national stadium and on the north 15 minutes to popular Festac town.

Check that question well, you gave the wrong answer to the question.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by sonnie10: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
Krak:

Check that question well, you gave the wrong answer to the question.
You are correct
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Thebigheart: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
The Lagos, we built like London.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by NoToPile: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
naijainstinct:
Before you blame the state and local government, please go and check the state of the drainages. Dirty residents will pour dirts and all manner of plastic wastes into the drainages and expect water to flow freely during heavy downpour.

Exactly, even the Canal that serves surulere area should be checked too, some pour wastes directly to the Canal and magic is expected when rain falls.

Surulere generally: aguda, Ijesa, these areas are prone too floods like this when heavy rain fall, the drainages are blocked by the residents.

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by osazsky(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
princepee:
tongue
My Lagos is over hyped.
Come to makoko, iwaya axis after today rain fall you will see want I mean.
We are living below sea level, it was bad.
How wish I can n upload some pictures.
Today rain was bad!
Even lekki was not spared.lekki is even worse
makoko is d worst place in nigeria when i watched a documentry on arcn tv i weeped...fg should find a way to relocate them from that river..even the single sch there is inside water..it just spoilt the beauty of that bridge cuz it is the first thing u will see once on the bridge..them even they shit inside d water may god help Lagos and d yorubas amen

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by bewise24: 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
HERE, THE VICTIMS IN THEIR USUAL WAY HAVE LEFT THE GOVERNMENT THAT FAILED TO TACKLE THIS PROBLEM SINCE 2012. THEY ARE NOW FIGHTING THEMSELVES OVER TWO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY EXIST. WE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERSHIP WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by yudee233: 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sanwolu should sack the commissioner for gutter affairs. Igbokwe has failed in his duties
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by irunoko(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
grin

Urchins and their Push and Start presidential candidate are currently on solidarity walk.

They'll attend to your needs after it is finished tongue
lmaooo I'm surprised that the oloshobrities and street urchins led by MC oluomo no do their 5 million Match for this flooded ijeshatedo area.apc jesters why una no do una Rally reach here Abi ijeshatedo no dey part of Lagos? grin

Awon ashiere grin

Opolo won ri bito Tutu, won Fe bale sibe.my own be say make una no come near our own area.anyway una don sell una land to us with proper documents so if una do rubbish near our side una go collect woto woto
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by BennyDGreat: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2022
grandstar:
If there was a ban on pure water and plastic bottles of all types, would it go a a long way in preventing the gutters from being blocked? I'm just wondering O!

When you ban it, what do you replace it with knowing it's now an essential commodity
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Gospel2Day: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:

Shame to Nigeria

100 million naira monthly allocation, NOT yearly.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by johnbd: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2022
Come is this the Lagos that one ancestor developed.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by tunwumi: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
I won't be surprised to see the zombidiot father's house blocking canal in that area. It will shock you to know that this crack online keyboard warrior is among people dropping waste in the drainages as they used to do in their erosion haven village but can come here and spill cowsh1t from his mouth.

Not you fault, if Tinubu had left Lagos like your regional migration, you will have relocated to Iran which is you HQ now.

Well a tree don't make a forest, only Obi without multiple governors, senators and House members want to rule Nigeria. Even in America, it doesn't happen.

Urheadmaster:
grin

Urchins and their Push and Start presidential candidate are currently on solidarity walk.

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by juman(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
Flood?

On going rain and little water.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by toujurs: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ijesha is a horrible place to live, honestly. Aguda is better if not for the high cost to rent

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by olawonder(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kennitrust:
Peter Obi was 8 Years governor in Lagos

Abagdo come blame Peter Obi grin

Transformed state my foot

The one in kogi state na Peter

You can't be supporting APC and you don't look like a fool

Ok, let’s talk about the current flood situation in Anambra too… you ‘messiah’ was gov there for 8 years, surely we can blame him for that one… right?
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by frog12: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
no working DRAINAGE
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:

Shame to Nigeria

Were ni eee

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
I posted this sometime ago titled "Epidemic looms in Surulere".

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by oluwabunmi61010: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
Tinubu Lagos Anyways, the flood will wipe the 'Thug-walk' off the streetsTinubu Lagos Anyways, the flood will wipe the 'Thug-walk' off the streets...
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by arantess: 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kennitrust:
Peter Obi was 8 Years governor in Lagos

Abagdo come blame Peter Obi grin

Transformed state my foot

The one in kogi state na Peter

You can't be supporting APC and you don't look like a fool
Walaii, bunch of foolish people
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Revolva(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
toujurs:
Ijesha is a horrible place to live, honestly. Aguda is better if not for the high cost to rent

Some part of ijesha not everywhere , its a good place to stay bro ...its just that some street are not well tarred one thing i like about the area is it has good houses , vintage houses compared to places like ajegunle. Mushin and else where and its more peaceful without hotels everywhere unlike ajegunle where hotels and bar lounger and prostitutes are everywhere causing distraction

Aguda is perfect but house cost small..there ...if only the lcda chairman will repair most roads in ijesha and make it more bubbling with some good clubs and lounges ...the arra is very good to stay
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by stealmatic(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
grin

Mumu,show me any place in the world that don't have erosion ish , perhaps show us enugu or anambra, if I ask you now,where are you located now u will say Lagos,u left ur anambra to Lagos for better life,y not stay in your anambra and enjoy ,ndiala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Australia Based Nairalander Shows Off The Deers He Killed While Hunting (Photos) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: What Ibadan Railway Axis Looks Like - Photo Documentary / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.