Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (53488 Views)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by VEHINTOLAR: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
grin

Urchins and their Push and Start presidential candidate are currently on solidarity walk.

They'll attend to your needs after it is finished tongue

Werey,go back to your village in alaigbo as you're not forced to live in Lagos ! Olori pelebe omo y.IBO,show us your village in alaigbo na !
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
modskiller:
They should always make sure their drains are well cleaned and looked after.

That area is one hell of a dirty area

Because the residents are dirty people.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Larryton(m): 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Urheadmaster:
grin

Urchins and their Push and Start presidential candidate are currently on solidarity walk.

They'll attend to your needs after it is finished tongue

The flood is not as bad as Anambra where the acclaimed messiah govern.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Henon: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
TINUBU found Lagos and developed it to world class city for Lagosians comfort. Enjoy.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Zorn: 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:
Such a disgrace to d LCDA

What do thee LG chairmen do with All d 100million allocated to them yearly

Owambe party and use d rest do substandard roads and drainage
Shame to Nigeria
100millions monthly.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by naijainstinct: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
NoToPile:

Exactly, even the Canal that serves surulere area should be checked too, some pour wastes directly to the Canal and magic is expected when rain falls.

Surulere generally: aguda, Ijesa, these areas are prone too floods like this when heavy rain fall, the drainages are blocked by the residents.
Thank you for this honest observation. I hope the appropriate authorities see this

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by colizee(m): 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
Street no get name?
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by goody234: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
The lagos state of tinubu let him bring this glory to the country of nigeria grin
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by goody234: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
naijainstinct:
Thank you for this honest observation. I hope the appropriate authorities see this

A sane local govt will put an end to this it is an absolute disgrace

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by newnigerdelta00: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:

Shame to Nigeria

Which shame,rain na normal thing idiot's...rain na blessings from God, local kolo
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
tunwumi:
I won't be surprised to see the zombidiot father's house blocking canal in that area. It will shock you to know that this crack online keyboard warrior is among people dropping waste in the drainages as they used to do in their erosion haven village but can come here and spill cowsh1t from his mouth.

Not you fault, if Tinubu had left Lagos like your regional migration, you will have relocated to Iran which is you HQ now.

Well a tree don't make a forest, only Obi without multiple governors, senators and House members want to rule Nigeria. Even in America, it doesn't happen.

you don't have sense
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 10, 2022
And my island dey dry o.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Benchilwell: 2:20am On Oct 10, 2022
See them, tribalism have kill Nairaland,they have turn it to joke, countries like USA and co,are experience thiz,but I have never see them criticize their leaders, because dey know it is naturn. Thiz is why I hardly comment and open diz site in weeks now, because it teach to hate and Seun and his mo are not doing anything about it, because they love it and gain from it.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by tunapawizzy: 5:39am On Oct 10, 2022
Na d Lagos wey dem build be ds
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by tunapawizzy: 5:41am On Oct 10, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:

Shame to Nigeria
They use it to buy the political structure they always shout about
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by tunapawizzy: 5:46am On Oct 10, 2022
naijainstinct:
Before you blame the state and local government, please go and check the state of the drainages. Dirty residents will pour dirts and all manner of plastic wastes into the drainages and expect water to flow freely during heavy downpour.

Still the governement's job to enforce compliance with good conduct, still the governmnet job to provide bin in front of every house n carry d waste everytime. For structures built on drainage, its still govt job to demolish those houses.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by chrizzyace: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2022
Apc and pdp followers are yet to realize and adopt the new political order that is about to be birth in Nigeria. Accountability!!!! You can’t do a walk for your candidate, vote them in , and be scared to call them out or hold them accountable if they don’t get a job done. It’s so sad and will take the grace of God for these followers to break from this bondage.

That’s the reason why we are voting and taking a walk for Peter Obi.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by oloyedewaris(m): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2022
Shellsploit:
Some urchins will claim its Anam in Anambra state grin grin grin
This is little compare to what happened in. Anambra, the water is literally covering the house there

Wake up man
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Shellsploit: 7:02am On Oct 10, 2022
oloyedewaris:

This is little compare to what happened in. Anambra, the water is literally covering the house there

Wake up man

Calm down na!
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by tunwumi: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2022
obynzo:

you don't have sense

Not surprised at all! It is hereditary as sense is not available in your lineage.
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Ginomel(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2022
WoroSeeWoro:

Shame to Nigeria

Probably you meant to say, 100 million allocated to them monthly

That's huge.

1 Like

Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by iamsolasoul(f): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2022
The foundation is better in the middle but the entrance is weak
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Opemipo011: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2022
Which street/area precisely is this in ijesha??
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by specialofficer: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
Revolva:
This is the aftermath of the early morning rain that started from 4.30 am Today , and it lasted for about 6 hours, anytime it rains whether some conventional rainfall or a heavy one , this area is always flooded and it frustrating to residents as it flows into their rooms when the water level is high.

However, the roads amd drainages on the street and nearby streets are also in a sorry state to talk about.

The Local Government responsible for the development of good roads and drainages have kept a blind eye on this issue for so long which is totally not good, they should do something about the roads network and drainage system around that area.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bJ7wUxwwYg
which street is this in ijesha?
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 11, 2022
tunwumi:

It is hereditary as sense is not available in my lineage.

Well I am not surprised. in fact I agree with you
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Revolva(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2022
Ginomel:

Probably you meant to say, 100 million allocated to them monthly

That's huge.

Yes its true 100 million for some local Govt a month and some not up to 100million ..some 50 million , 70 million

But most Local Govt like surulere ajeromi ifelodun alimosho ikeja etiosa in lagos can even take 120 million. A month
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2022
QuinModah:
grin
One of the reasons I don't like Lagos plus advise just incase you are looking for a house factor in raining in your plan

There is a mini flat in Ijegun Ikotun area of Alimosho if you interested quote me
Good m2, I sent u a mail and alps been cLling the number on your profile for days now, not reachable.. It's the miniflat still available??
Re: Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos by QuinModah(f): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
No
Bobbyunitedfc:

Good m2, I sent u a mail and alps been cLling the number on your profile for days now, not reachable.. It's the miniflat still available??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Australia Based Nairalander Shows Off The Deers He Killed While Hunting (Photos) / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: What Ibadan Railway Axis Looks Like - Photo Documentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.