Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin (292 Views)

Do You Think What My Pastor Did Was Right. / If You Think What You Did Was Honest, Why Prevent People From Knowing The Truth? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by ObalaEmma: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
WHY I THINK WHAT ADAM DID SHOULD NOT BE CALLED A "SIN"

I think what happened in the garden of Eden was that he reached a point of thought that moved him from animalistic reasoning without consequence to reasoning nearer to that of gods. What he discovered removed every form of innocence from him and made his move to a higher life of CONSEQUENCES.

Now, what made his new way of thinking a sin is that he understood Good and evil (remember both have consequences) meaning that from that day, a law was created for him. Nothing changed just a law that designated his previous lifestyle which was innocent whether good or evil to be punished or rewarded ( remember human law is like this until the law is created nothing is deemed evil)

Another reason, we can call it a sin is the nature of choice and conscience. A conscience being brought into consciousness through law or higher thinking tend to be pushed to make a choice. The nature of choice and conscience is that, when a conscience chooses, it suffers the consequences of not choosing others and also suffer the consequences of the result of what it chooses. This means the conscience, either way, is going to be guilty (sinful).
So Adam began thinking like one of the gods but this time bears every consequence of his actions unlike before.

You can trace this in the order of growth in human development and human government.

A child starts from nothingness and becomes a being born to the world. A child stays in a state of tabula rasa(blank state) stage for months before he or she experiences his environment, but that isn't enough because he or she will stay innocent of whatever happens to them till maybe 5-7yrs. After a stage of innocence comes a stage of "the mind", I call it a stage of conscience. A human can stay here all his/her life. But in his/her older days, I think a time of "RETRIBUTION" comes when the Human understands that either way they chose they are still unhappy they didn't choose the others, either way, they try to formulate different reasons why what they choose is good but still end up suffering either "consequences" of what they chose and what they didn't choose.

Jim Rohn calls it a high drama that even God loves.

The only thing here is that I believe if Adam was perfect enough to know all the rules of being a god and his sons maintained the same, we won't need a Christ.
But you can see that, Cain the direct heir of Adam committed one of the greatest offences which is killing another god ( a human is a spirit). A god in spirit form doesn't kill a god in spirit form instead, it drives it away( remember Jesus' first miracle after the wilderness, remember the war in heaven). So we should blame CAIN, not ADAM. Adam did no wrong.

We are all guilty of murder as our grandfather CAIN
(or who else took from ADAM ?). We are like fugitives looking for retribution each day, our jealous nature has made it easier for nations to destroy nations and it all looks like the right thing.

Written By Emmanuel Ugochukwu
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by DriverX: 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Your opinion is totally irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by budaatum: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Adam did not "reached a point of thought", and neither did Adam "discovered" anything. He stupidly daily walked past the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, ignorantly believing he'd die if he plucked it's fruit and eat. It was Eve who reached a point of thought that moved her from animalistic reasoning, and it was Eve who discovered whatever was discovered.

Adam's sin was his preference for remaining ignorant. And if anyone were placed naked in a Garden of Eden and does not eat the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, they'd remain ignorant too unless they have an Eve who uses her own senses to save them from their ignorant sin by opening her eyes and your Adam eyes too.

Those who do not eat of the Fruits of the Trees of the Knowledge of Good and Evil would never ever know what Good and Evil is.

Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by ObalaEmma: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:
Adam did not "reached a point of thought", and neither did Adam "discovered" anything. He stupidly daily walked past the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, ignorantly believing he'd die if he plucked it's fruit and eat. It was Eve who reached a point of thought that moved her from animalistic reasoning, and it was Eve who discovered whatever was discovered.

Adam's sin was his preference for remaining ignorant. And if anyone were placed naked in a Garden of Eden and does not eat the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, they'd remain ignorant too unless they have an Eve who uses her own senses to save them from their ignorant sin by opening her eyes and your Adam eyes too.

Those who do not eat of the Fruits of the Trees of the Knowledge of Good and Evil would never ever know what Good and Evil is.
Hmmmm, this is exactly why I made this post. I want to see a different dimension to this. Well understood and a correction to mine. Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by ObalaEmma: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2022
DriverX:
Your opinion is irrelevant.
You are noticed, but as it stands the post wasn't made for your type.
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by KnownUnknown: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Be that as it may but did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by Natbrowny: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
God punished Adam instantly for a first sin committed.

But we humans are more wicked than Adam. And punishment isnt even immediate..

Na wah. Na real wah
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by budaatum: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
ObalaEmma:

Hmmmm, this is exactly why I made this post. I want to see a different dimension to this. Well understood and a correction to mine. Kudos

Don't just accept my own o! The Bible is far too complex a book for anyone's own alone to be all there is to it.

And consider this too.
https://www.nairaland.com/7351620/story-adam-eve-makes-sense
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by budaatum: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Natbrowny:
God punished Adam instantly for a first sin committed.

And what, pray tell, was Adam's punishment?
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by xproducer: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
Disobedience to GOD's command is rebellion!

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king" - 1 Samuel 15:23

Thank GOD for the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - the last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45) - Who never fails and IS perfectly righteous, through Whom we have reconciliation back to GOD and life eternal by HIS grace... without Whom all humanity would have been doomed!
Re: Why I Think What Adam Did Should Not Be Called A "Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
ObalaEmma:
WHY I THINK WHAT ADAM DID SHOULD NOT BE CALLED A "SIN"
I think what happened in the garden of Eden was that he reached a point of thought that moved him from animalistic reasoning without consequence to reasoning nearer to that of gods. What he discovered removed every form of innocence from him and made his move to a higher life of CONSEQUENCES.
Now, what made his new way of thinking a sin is that he understood Good and evil (remember both have consequences) meaning that from that day, a law was created for him. Nothing changed just a law that designated his previous lifestyle which was innocent whether good or evil to be punished or rewarded ( remember human law is like this until the law is created nothing is deemed evil)
Some of you just dey like to spread una ramblings without first ensuring you have base understand of concepts. undecided

Sin is disobedience or transgression of God's command and Law. The one and only reason why what Adam did constitutes sin is that he, adam disobeyed God's direct decree/command/Law that He does not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil - Genesis 2 vs 15 - 16. There is no reason whatsoever to try to convoluted these simple things. undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of These Repeating Dreams? / The TRINITY And The TRINITARIAN. / How The Church Is Help Furthering LGBT And Rising Divorce Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.